December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: December 2012

Great news tt! Any sign of the roofer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh TT finally some good news!  Yeah. 

I would not have your boys in on it right now except as a mention - you know I used you because my son(s) who know(s) everyone in town said that you were reliable...then get them involved if you don't get satisfaction - have they called or come over?  It's getting late....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy news, tt  - re your bloodwork. Have the roofers showed up yet? It is getting dark out. I agree with Hats. Try to do it on your own first. Let them have a chance to make good. Then if you are not satisfied, get in the heavy artillery.
    Is it on the side of the roof, they did not replace the plywood?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, quickest lab results ever, and with GREAT NEWS, that's tremendous, tt.  No wonder you are feeling so much better.  may that trend continue!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Roofer just came.  Thinks by the pattern of staining, that it is coming in somewhere where the peak of the dormer and the peak of the roof meet.  He and other roofer are coming 8:30 tomorrow and will take the shingles and siding off along there and fix it.  Will bleach out ceiling to my satisfaction.  No problems foreseen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hope that's made you feel better, TT, and without bringing up the heavy artillery. Foreign newpapers please copy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

They are a very nice family, and one lives practically around the corner from me.  I got along very well with all of them, so did not expect there to be any problem.  Expecting my b.p. when I take it tomorrow to be down significantly!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's good, tt, that you don't anticipate a long drawn out roof problem and that it's practically a fixed deal.

the snow just started falling...here comes storm #2.  So much for my dream of no snow, again, this year.  Guess dh's prayers got through this year.

Dh has to work Monday so he can't join me, but I'll be going to visit my brother and his fam in CT tomorrow and coming home Monday morning.  Haven't seen them in far too long.

staring down turning 41 already...doesn't it feel like we were just chatting about the Big 4-0?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

One guy up on roof putting metal where he had taken siding off, and another just sprayed the toyroom ceiling and I'm watching the stains disappear.  They found a small hole just where he thought it was coming in, where the peak of the dormer connected with the roof ridge.  That is being completely covered with metal now before putting siding back on.

I just finished up the last of the bread pudding.  For some reason that has tasted so good to me.  Weigh in at doctors yesterday showed I have lost 7 lbs. during this 3 week ordeal.  Nice if I could keep it off, but suspect it will be jumping back on my bones as I eat away now.  Haven't checked b.p. yet this morning, will wait til around 11:30 and do it consistently daily at the same time.

Nice that you will get to visit your brother and fam, Kargiver.  I don't remember your mentioning him much.  Do you have any signs of more snow out there yet?  Nothing here, I don't think, altho I keep thinking I see a flake or two.  Don't look forward to the snow/ice.  My driveway is sloped and so slippery to manage any walking.  I'll be housebound until the temps melt some of it away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds like a very contained problem with an easy fix, tt, that's good.  7 lbs is a lot from illness...yikes.  What a relief you are so well on the mend.

No, we don't keep in touch like we should...sigh.  He is the pastor brother who married us.  Step-brother, actually.  I'm an only child by blood.

a few flakes started coming down this morning, but it's stopped...momentarily, I'm sure.  Dh is out cross country skiing with Gracie. 

do you have ice melt?  Would hate to have to rely on melting by the sun.  I was housebound yesterday because the garage door froze shut.  Dh unstuck it this morning so I can get those groceries we needed yesterday.  Guess I better do that, now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, so happy that the roofers found the problem and are fixing it. Kar, good luck with the drive to CT, i think there is a weather advisory going into effect.

Basemention seems to be ok this morning. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    The baked beans is simering away in my crockpot. Already had one call, if the "party" is still on. They are coming from Boston and everyone living on that side of 128, thinks we live at the other end of the State. 20 minutes, huh? I guess the meteorologists had scared them off. Told them, it is still on, but I understand, if they want to cancel. My nephew's wife and one of the twins are sick, so I don't know about them. Maybe we will just end up with a few people around the fireplace. LOL
    Glad to hear your roofers are already doing their thing, tt. Hope no more leaks.
    Kar, have a nice visit with your family. Safe driving.
    We went for Pho last night. Pho = Vietnamese noodle soup, in case you are not familiar with it. We used to go to a place in Boston, but found, to our delight, a place on Rt. 1 South (after Lowell Street behind the Gulf station). The food was delicious, the wait staff great and the place had more atmosphere, than you normally will find in an Asian restaurant. Unfortunately my soup was so hot, that I burned the top of my mouth. I am suffering today. Not good, when it is a day I am cooking up a storm and have to taste, what I am doing. Have to have the family help me out. But I feel handicapped.
    Just read in the paper, we didn't have any snow, since Jan. 12 last year. Isn't that amazing? So far we have been fortunate. It is always nice to turn the new year w/o snow. I just hate it, when it starts in October, and we have to look at all those dirty piles, until it melts in the Spring. At least now, the days are getting longer, brighter and warmer little by little.
    Back to the pots. Have a good day all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope no one cancels, Pingo, you are going to such trouble, and for that far, they can take it nice and easy and be fine.  Too bad about your burn!  If you let your food cool in the spoon until barely warm you'll be able to taste-test.  A tiny amount won't take long to cool in a cold spoon.

I'm not leaving until tomorrow; hopefully, they will have it all taken care of by then.

That's good the basement disaster is behind you, Winter.

heading out to the grocery store.  Bye for now

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

We had a party scheduled for today but our guests who were coming from the Cape cancelled.  I would have done the same.  I am carrying on with some of the cooking and will serve a mix of hot and cold rather than all hot dishes - we're on for same time tomorrow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just saw your post, Winter. Glad for you, the basement is ok. Nice you have your iPad, so you can post from home too now. Did DS reach NY, or are they leaving today in this weather?

I think groceries eat themselves up. I stock and I stock, and still I hear "nothing" to eat. There is plenty, but they are looking for munchies. DS had cereal and banana bread this morning, and it didn't take him an hour before he asked, "What's for lunch?" Drive carefully, Kar. It must be slippery out your way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

"Low coolant" on the car.  Dh just gave car a tune up a couple of months ago...sigh, what the heck.  Stuck here 'til they get back.

hats, at least you can relax and prepare; I like to have extra time and no one chatting with me while I'm putting on a big spread, but that's usually not how it goes, lol.  I smile and nod a lot to anyone trying to make conversation with me while I'm cooking.  Have fun tomorrow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

We just decided to take advantage of the extra night to watch White Christmas.  We didn't have time before, and we just can't let the season go by without it.  So we will be fine - with snow falling and Der Bingle crooning.  Hope you get your shopping done, Kar.  All the rest of you, hope you will be home, safe, dry (Winter and TT) and warm when the snow starts to fly!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just peeked at the radar. Just a small patch. Must have already started out Kar's way. But so far, I don't see anything major. Let's hope!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, hats...he'll take care of it and I'll go, I'm sure.

just a few flakes here right now

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

To me, it's brightening here.  Still a grey sky, but brighter looking than it was earlier.  If this is another of those false alarms, it's alright with me!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, something happened to the car Thursday night and his dad doesn't want to drive it 420 miles with it, so he's with his dad but I'll see him later today and tomorrow.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry to hear that, Winter. DS must be so disappointed. On the other hand, it gives him more time for his project. How is it coming along?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Blueberry scones just came out of the oven, just waiting for them to cool enough to smear with butter and have with a cuppa.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Just started snowing here, very lightly....I was hoping they (weathermen) were wrong again, guess not......tt. so glad your roof will be fixed before much snow falls, winter, glad your basement has dryed out, nothing worse than water in the basement IMO, Hats, love White Christmas, all those old musicals, have them all on video, just the thing for these dreary winter days....Pingo, hope your mouth burn heals fast, I can almost feel it....Kar, be extra careful on your Ct. trip....have a good time....oh, oh, in the short time it took me to type this, the flakes have gotten bigger!!  Keep warm all. ss.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just had a scone with a cuppa peppermint tea.  So good.  Sandra Bullock movie on, guess I'll watch the end of that.  Been a nice leisurely day here.  Still have door closed and window open for bleach smell in the toyroom.  Cheerio's moved her place of nap to one of the chairs in the room off the kitchen.

P.S.  No snow sighting here yet.  Nary a flake.