December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: December 2012

Winter I listen to Matty every morning! And may I say I agree with his friends? Being a parent is hard and he sounds like a smart kid. No worries on the test, even if he doesn't do well. Good Lord they have 12 years of school and one test won't break him.  You are creating a memory for him. I believe that is the most important part of being a parent.  A memory of him and mom at the most awesome concert! He will talk about that, trust me... My DD always talks about us not having much money but when I got my bonus's at work, I would take her to the most fun things. They do remember.. : ) Enjoy tonight, as they grow quick. Again, you are such a great mom... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I told him the same thing Amber. I said one math test at the start of the term isn't going to mean much. He was super excited when I dropped him off at afterschool a little while ago. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, I go to Beer Works down there.  Great American pub food.  And, fwiw, I totally agree that one math test is worth sacrificing.  Have a great time!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am so excited for you as a Mom Winter. I know you have to be looking forward to this for him. I love you told him there will be other tests. Do you know how blessed you are to have a child that would actually be worried about a test? I cannot wait to hear tomorrow all about it : ) Have a wonderful time!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh Kar, that sounds like fun for an after work place! Is it right near North Station?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Kar. Amber you made me smile. He's at the trying age, so I'm thrilled he seems excited. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Delete repeat post

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's been a long time, but I'm quite sure it is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, one last suggestion... ear plugs!!! lmao!!!

Happy I made you smile : ) other mothers can be so judgemental. I think every good mother should get a Job Well Done!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I know...lol. I've been to concerts there but never with 12,000 screaming teenage girls!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Awe thanks again Amber. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My pleasure Winter and I speak the truth : ) But happy I am not your ears tonight! lol!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

amber, I think it's on causeway st...it's definitely w/in walking distance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed out in a couple of minutes. Have a great evening everyone. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Kar! Really hoping I get this job so I can say I ate there : )

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, have a wonderful and bonding night with your DS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

This is the cool place to go after work in the North End    http://www.mcgannsirishpub.com/

or at least it was... a while back!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I love Irish Pubs! DH and I use to go to Donovan's (I think that was the name of it?)  in Faneuil Hall when we were dating in the 80's. Best place that was not a tourist trap. Plus I lived in Dorchester for 12 years! lol!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo, watching the news on channel 4 and they mentioned Brookline is having a huge turkey problem. Will keep watching and see if they have any solutions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm a beer drinker so I like all those types of places.  BBW is definitely a tourist trap of sorts, but they do brew their own beer and I enjoy the sampler...if they still do that.  And, someone (not me) always orders the blueberry beer, and while I hate the taste I love watching the mesmerizing rising and falling of the blueberries, lol.

speaking of alcohol I was carded at TJ's last month, and I asked what the cutoff for age appearance was to be carded.  He told me <35.  Yeah!  Seeing as though 41 is looming large I was happy. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, I was carded on my 30th birthday and kissed the doorman! lol!!

Yeah, that was a once in a lifetime event. Can't see that happening again : )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

My sister and  I used to listen to Matty in the Morning when we commmuted into Boston in the early 80s - she put on her makeup in the car as well as driving....then we went to Brighams for breakfast.  I used to have the English muffin grilled with butter and grape jelly.  Remember that they gave you 3 English muffin halves....those were great days!  Thanks for that memory.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Was talking to tt, she still feels lousy, should start to feel better over the weekend.  It stinks when us older gals get sick, we're not as able to fight off the germs as the younger ones.  What makes it even worse is she lives alone, wish I lived closer, I'd fill her up with hot toddys and lots of chicken soup....will keep you all posted.....good luck with the job Amber, god for you giving trips Mom a break Kar,bet she was thrilled.  Winter, hope you and DS enjoy the concert,Hats glad your cold is on te way out.....Pingo know you will have a blast with your sons visitig....good you have a tall one....I always need a ladder, when I go shopping at the market I always watch for a tall guy so he can reach things on the top shelf for me....till next time, take care all and have a good night, ss

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

ss, thanks for checking in on tt. So sorry, she is sick - has to be the flu. A cold doesn't put you to bed for a week.
    Winter, what an awesome evening you and DS will have tonight. Can't wait to hear all about it tmw. I agree with Amber. You ar a wonderful mom and yes, forget about that math test. He will remember the concert w/ mom, but not a math test. He will be the hero in class tmw.
    I was carded a few months ago at Sarpino's Pizza. At first I thought he was joking, but no - he wanted to see my driver's license. And DH's as well. We both laughed so hard, that the poor waiter started to laugh with us. Apparently, they had some problems there w/ underage drinking --- but still. I certainly don't look 20 anymore.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I must say that the hot toddies make a big difference.  A quarter of a lemon, lots of sugar, a jigger of bourbon and hot water.  Clears the nose wonderfully.  I had a bottle of Maker's Mark that I bought in the 80s, finally finished it this summer.  Since I got sick I have used 1/2 the new bottle.  TT if you are listening, give it a try.

Today I had a long list and I finished it.  Every single thing.  Boy does that feel good, it's seldom that something doesn't need to be held over until tomorrow.  Especially at this time of year.  PO tomorrow, though, but I think it will be the last time unless I get some unexpected orders at the last minute. 

Hoping to do lots of decorating this weekend.  For the first time I have a theme for my mantelpiece - candy and candles - and am being pretty ruthless although there will be one thing, made by my Mom, that won't fit the theme.  There's a limit to everything, I think.  Do you guys have themes or just put up the same things each year?

Sections
Shortcuts