December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: December 2012

I can finally post! I had to sign in again? WTH?  Too late I'm sure for everyone. But now I know tt is sick, I have to...  tt, I hope you feel better and we hear from you tomorow. ss, I know you mean well, but living alone is not always a bad thing when you are older. I live alone and personally prefer it. I'm sure tt, like me can call anyone if she really needs something. Have a good night everyone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

sorry to hear tt is soooo sick!  Thanks for the update, SS.  I love going to see my friend and her babies and nearly 3 yo - it's as much a help to me as her. :)

pingo, rest assured, I don't look 21, either, lol!  But, their cutoff was "looks under 35" and I was happy enough to look under that!

Hats, our theme is less is more, essentially.  We have a tree with garland and plain white lights and faux glass balls with my crocheted snowflake ornaments.  I set out a few Christmas candles and sentimental decorations, and that does it.  Dh cuts pine swags for our three lampposts, and we put wreaths on the two front doors. Oh, and this year I splurged on the Holiday (holly berry and ribbon) pattern from Lenox.  I have the tablecloth, napkins, metal holly berry napkin rings, and a couple of accent pieces.  Not doing the table settings...too pricey.  So, that dresses up the dining room nicely, and since it's an open floorplan it is visible throughout.

ambergirl, I hope you get good news today!!

I overshot my calorie budget yesterday so making up for it today...I better get on the stepper and watch at least half of a netflix movie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. We had a great time, but we didn't make it to the end. Mr. Beiber kept us waiting 20 minutes and 2.5 songs in at 10:45 DS asked to leave. So we were home by 11:20 and he was in bed. The group Train was FANTASTIC!! Everytime anyone said Justin or Beiber or both the crowd went totally insane. I've never seen anything like it and I've gone to many concerts. He was still talking about it this morning. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

tt, I hope you are feeling better.. Thanks for the support Kar : )  I would love to hear something today. Going to be a long one.. Winter, so happy you both had fun! And I love he was still talking about it this morning. You must be tired though. I need to go to Stop & Shop so must get in the shower. Have a great day!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I usually go to bed around 11, but I am a little tired today. Hope you hear about the job. We went to Halfway Pizza. DS said the pizza was awesome (his word). I got a tuna sub and it was really good. Both of our food with drinks was $12.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Winter. My nerves are jangling for sure! I hope they let me know either way. Some companies don't. Sounds like you had such a fun time. I will keep Halfway Pizza in mind. You would think being near Boston Garden, they would have called their business Halftime Pizza : ) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

lol...it is half time sorry. Need more coffee. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

No way Winter! I was joking! lol!  Seriously have to get in the shower now..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, winter, I LOVE Train!  I didn't realize they were playing, too.  So happy to hear your fabulous report of a great time had by all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh Train was great. Everything they played was fantastic even the one I didn't know. They started with 50 Ways to Say Goodbye and ended with Drive By. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Winter, what a fabulous evening for mother or son. Will be somthing to talk about forever. I had season tickets to the North Shore Theater for Saturday matine for several years for our sons and I, when they were young. They are still talking about it.

I am also very simple as far as Christmas decorations are concerned. Kar used "less is more" - and that is what we like too. Our tree has white lights with red balls, keepsake gold ornaments, I have collected through the years and crystal ice sicles from my parents tree. I have poinsettias all over the house; large floor ones, medium size on tables and tiny ones wherever I can stick one in. I make decorations with stuff from the yard and add lots of candles.
    I have two large outdoor wreaths, a hanging ball and a urn on my front porch, whith greens, holly, berries and cones, I have cut and found in the yard. My back deck from the kitchen has 3 smaller wreath with red bows. The birds love those. That is about it. I have no special holiday plates and dishes.

tt, I hope you are on the mend and Amber, I am crossing my fingers, you will hear today.

Having an MRI done this afternoon and this evening, we have to go to the airport to pick up our son. He already left from home. Have a good day everyone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo your tree and house sounds beautiful... I do not have a tree, but do decorate the house. I am def getting a tree next year for my grandson : )  I use to take DD to the theater too! She loved it. How wonderful you will have your son here. I know you must be so excited. I wish tt would check in...  hoping she gets better sooner than later.. CC is not the same  : (

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Agree, Amber. Missing tt. Hope she will pst soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Lunch menu anyone? Chicken, ziti, and broccolli for me. tt, Hope you are feeling better...we miss you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Had a huge, salty lunch and the other half of it for dinner yesterday so today am going super light and salt free.  Heavy on water, light on...everything else.  Argh!  This last pound is now the last two pounds, again.  Grrr.  I watched a 2 hour movie this morning and did the stepper the whole time (my rule is no movie watching unless exercising) because it was too good to quit.  My feet were numb, but I managed to stay upright, lol.  So, not much to report for lunch in the kargiver kitchen, lol.

taking Gracie for a quick "all business" walk so I can take her shopping without worrying about her having to go.  Then, have to go to the bank. They love her in there.

we're all thinking of you, tt!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Had a huge, salty lunch and the other half of it for dinner yesterday so today am going super light and salt free.  Heavy on water, light on...everything else.  Argh!  This last pound is now the last two pounds, again.  Grrr.  I watched a 2 hour movie this morning and did the stepper the whole time (my rule is no movie watching unless exercising) because it was too good to quit.  My feet were numb, but I managed to stay upright, lol.  So, not much to report for lunch in the kargiver kitchen, lol.

taking Gracie for a quick "all business" walk so I can take her shopping without worrying about her having to go.  Then, have to go to the bank. They love her in there.

we're all thinking of you, tt!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

No lunch for me today Winter. Too nervous. So hoping I get a call today, as my nerves are jangling! DD just emailed me to say she and BF are going to his families house Christmas day early but they really want to eat here for Christmas dinner. I always do a sirloin roast and he loves my cooking but hasn't had my roast beef dinner yet. DD is always bragging about it and my giblet gravy so I guess she has him crazy wanting it lol! Good Lord, hoping it comes out good so I don't disappoint!  I am very flexible, so they will be here at 5:00 and planning on eating around 6:00. Perfect for me! Cannot wait to give them baby Joey's gift. I think the onesies are adorable and they will get a kick out of them : ) I got them each a personal gift and then a vacuum and comforter they very much need. If I get this job, it will be the most PERFECT Christmas ever...  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, you should eat something, even something small. Sounds like you have a nice Christmas plan set-up. I love that your DD's boyfriend loves your cooking, that's great. I'll be making prime Rib and will have my mom over. DS does Christmas morning with his dad and then comes home for present opening and dinner, now that he's older. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I did eat breakfast, but so sweet of you to think of me Winter... always tough to share your child, but sounds like you and his Dad have it worked out. But still must be tough..  I love DD's boyfriend Joe and he is a great guy. His mom has issues and is not really in his life (her loss) so I have kind of stepped in. He was so quiet when I first met him but now I get a big hug every time I see him : )  My husband was a big guy like Joe, so it is wonderful to cook for a man again. I don't mean fat by the way, I mean tall. He is 6'3" and my husband was 6'4".  The fact he loves it is even better! lol! I love Prime Rib roast but a bit pricey for me. The sirloin is a bit more than I want to spend, but it is Christmas : )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

When DS was younger he'd sleep over ones house on Christmas Eve for Santa's arrival. Then in the last year or two, he wanted to see me earlier then expected so we came up with a new system :). How tall is your daughter? At least little Joey has a good chance at being tall :) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Your DS sounds like such a good kid Winter. You are blessed and so his he to have such a good mom. You cannot hear that enough as I know we doubt and second guess ourselves raising our children. DD is 5'5". I am 5'7" so when I was pregnant the doctor kept telling me I was having a big baby as I was 8 pounds born and her Dad was 9 pounds plus he was 6'4". She came out at 6 pounds, 8 ounces.. lol! But I think he will be tall like his Dad : )  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thankls Amber. He really is a good kid, lately I'm getting the tween attitude, but it is to be expected. Report Cards get mailed today and I can't wait to see. He's been doing very well.

Little Joey could also be tall like his grandfather. :) 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I think it is a guarentee he will be tall with grandfather and father being so tall : ) I personally have always loved tall men, so funny DD picked one too : )  The tween attitude is normal and they are figuring out how to be individuals. But in the end, they always need mommy : )  DD lost her Dad at 13 and you would not believe how many people told me I would have major issues with her. I didn't. I let her know the first time she played the "you are mean and I lost my Dad" card, it wasn't being tolerated. I was every boyfriends worse nightmare as I wanted them to know even though she didn't have a Dad, she had me, which was 10 times worse.....  We still laugh about that now. She told me all her boyfriends were scared to death of me! Great memories for me, not so much for her... lol!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

To funny Amber. I'm short (5'4.5) and my ex is 5'5 so DS most likely won't be tall. My DH is just shy of 6 feet though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Third attempt to post this. Amber, you would have made a great teacher with that attitude.  But everytime I type your nom, Boston.com flips me back to the first page of this discussion.

I am interested to hear of all of your different or maybe the same attitudes towards Christmas decorating.  Pingo, I too love poinsettias but am resisting buying any this year.  I have two Amaryllis I am growing and gave one to a sick friend already.  I didn't get paperwhites this year for the first time in a long time.  Love to tie a ribbon around their stems...I do bring in ivy, pinecones and greens from outside too.  Love the natural look.