December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: December 2012

Not sure what you mean by nom Hats? My decorating is pretty much old fashioned : ) I have the same wreath on my front door that I bought when my DD was 3. And the rest I have had for years too. DD just told me her and Joe are buying a tree this weekend. So I bought them an ornament that says "Our first Christmas"  I think they will love it : )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We are those people that have the outside of the house lite up with decorations. :) We decorate the tree with different types of ornaments (not into the matchy matchy thing on a tree) No tinsil though. With Yoda we can't do poinsettas as they are posionous to cats.

ETA:  Amber they will love the ornament. I can't have a real tree as I'm allergic to pine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Twice when I typed "Amber" old b.c shuddered and failed.  Notice that we have not heard from Dottie or gained any functionality in two months?  Wonder if she is still with us....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I had a couple of posts go puff! the last few days. But otherwise everything has been working ok for me. I believe, they are doing some internal updates, and when they do, our forums go crazy. I really wish they would bring back the photo options and the spell check. Would have loved to see the different Christmas trees and Kar's new kitchen curtains. Plus pictures of all the new little  ones, that have been added to our family.

Winter, how did the math test go?

One more hour and we are leaving for the airport. DS is already over North America. Yea! Sorry, but I am so excited. Haven't seen the kid in 4 months. Tough!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, he said it went ok, but won't know the grade until next Thursday when they get this week's papers back. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good night and weekend everyone if I don't get on. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hats I find it funny when you type my name  "old b.c shuddered and failed' Too funny!!!!! Pingo I am so excited for you! Couldn't imagine not having DD living near me...  Winter, have a wonderful weekend! I'm sure DS will be extra nice ; )  tt.... missing you terribly....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ok ladies... haven't heard a thing today so hoping for Monday. Busy weekend so not sure if I will be on but will be peeking to see if tt is better. Thank you all for your support!! Means more than you know an still praying I get a call...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, that is just too bad you didn't hear today. I was so hoping you would hear one way or the other. Well, now try to relax over the weekend - nothing is going to happen until Monday. Glad you will have a busy weekend to get your mind off the job situation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you guys... I am praying I hear either way too... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That stinks you didn't hear yesterday, ambergirl.  

And, goodness, tt must really be suffering...hugs!!  We're all thinking of you.

dh just left in the rain for his hike with Gracie.  I don't know if we're dedicated or nuts...maybe both, lol.

I'm getting ready to hit a Christmas craft fair a few towns over.  Thought I'd missed them all, but ran into the alpaca farmer at the bank yesterday and he told me they'd be there today.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello My Friends!!

Not caught up on the posts, just scanned them to make sure everyone is okay.  TT - I hope you are feeling better.  The board is not the same without you!!

As you all may have guessed, I have been pretty sick.  Spent a month in the hospital and finally got home yesterday.  Still haven't gotten to the root of the issue.  It doesn't appear to be my Crohn's flairing up, but it something.  Every time I eat (or even drink) I am in pain.  I had to go in the hospital as my electrolytes crashed and I was extremely anemic.  So, after lots of IVs, blood transfusions, etc. I am a bit better, but still have so many tests to go through.  At least now they are outpatient!!  I have taken a medical leave from work and hope to get everytying wrapped up soon!

So, after all of my fretting, I spent Thanksgiving in the hospital.  DH and my in-laws got together, but no one cooked a turkey - or even ordered one as they said they "didn't know how."  lol.  Funny, my SIL can cook one for Christmas just fine, lol.  I would have preferred that she have TG and I do Christmas, but whatever.  We all got through it.

Now I have to catch up and do a pile of bills etc.  and more importantly, Christmas shopping!  I am so far behind.  I didn't have internet access and didn't bring any credit cards while I was in the hsp (scared they would be stolen) so I haven't done anything yet!  Argh!

Well, this is quite a long post. Got lots to do, but just wanted to catch up with my CC friends.  I missed you all so much!!!

PS Amber - my fingers (and toes) are crossed for you!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, how awful, princess!  So sorry you're struggling so much with a mystery illness.  Yes, we have guessed the worst...so sorry we were right.  But, at least you are out, now, and hopefully will be home for Christmas, too.  I hope and pray they solve the mystery and find a solution in this round of tests.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Princess, so sorry to hear you have been ill. A hospital stay is no joke as I know.. I hope they figure out what is wrong soon. You have been missed... Kar, a Christmas craft fair sounds like such fun! My friend cancelled out plans today. It's ok, love just chilling in rainy days like this. I was hoping to see tt had posted.. I am worried about her..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    I am so glad to see your post, princess - but sad to hear, what we were guessing was true. I  hope and pray, they will find out whatever is ailing you, so you can get on and live a normal life. Being sick is not the way to do it. Re: Christmas. Do your family really expect you to go all the way out with gifts and everything for Christmas? IMO they should give you a break. At least you don't have to host it, if your SIL do the Christmas turkey.

A Christmas fair sounds nice, Kar. I hope it is an indoor one. Nice of your DH to take Gracie for their hike, even in pouring rain. I am sure they will both be in front of the stove, when you get back.

UK son arrived last night and we had a leisurely morning with birthday blueberry muffins celebrating DH. He gave his dad and iPad, so now they are busy downloading and uploading or whatever. Tonight we are going out for dinner.

Have a nice day everyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Princess, I agree wholeheartedly with Pingo on Christmas. I would not worry about that so much.. just get better... How sweet of DS to give your husband an iPad Pingo. I'm sure they are having fun with it : ) I spend an entire day setting up my laptop to my liking and enjoyed every minute of it! : ) Still nothing from tt...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh Principessa (Italian, isn't it a fab word) sorry to hear you did not get that Neillio's turkey after all because of ill health.  Don't knock yourself out shopping for anyone (over age 18) who didn't rise to the occasion while you were hospitalized....just say that you had more important issues to deal with.  Your health is much more precious than anything else....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, Amen!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber,
    I saw your Cabbage soup discussion elsewhere. Yes, a whole head makes two batches, but don't cut the other ingredients in half. Use at leat 6 cups of cabbage. Actually I fill the pot up with cabbage as long as it is covered with the liquid. I don't chop the cabbage, I slice it thinly - easy enough with a sharp knife.
    The rest of the cabbage you can slice and saute with some sliced Polish chicken sausage and some caraway seeds. Yummy! Or just make another baths of soup.
    To add macaroni or pasta kind of defeat the purpose, if you are dieting. It is supposed to be a slenderizing soup. It really does work, if you stick with it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I wasn't thinking of the Cabbage Soup as a diet item,  I think it is fun to try a recipe different ways,  I like it with a large can of diced tomatos (instead of small) and I can't help myself,  but I pretty much throw  garlic and pasta in everything! 

Anyway, I appreciate you posting the recipe as I haven't given cabbage a second look in a long time!

I can't eat sausage, processed meats,  sodium nitrate doesn't agree with me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

To be honest Pingo I wasn't looking at it as a diet recipe either. It just sounds delicious either way and very accomadating to everyone. I have to try it as I love cabbage. : ) Plus Robins suggestion of elbow mac appeals to me because my mom used to make the best pasta soup and I remember cabbage in it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I also cook cabbage sometimes all by itself and just put butter and salt. Yum! Can't do that as much anymore but it was so good!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm saving it for next year when we have cabbage coming out our ears from the garden, lol.

had a lovely time at the craft fair and a delicious hotdog and little soft peanut butter cookie.  YUM!

yes, Pingo, both were in front of a stove, but not the same one - dh was, gasp, making his own lunch of home fries (from leftover baked potato and my zip lock bag of seasoning he miraculously found) and slices of leftover pork tenderloin.  And, he found the last of the cooked Brussels sprouts he warmed up.  And, the other stove was, in fact, blocked by none other than our very wet Lab who had not only got rained on but had also jumped happily in a stream.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, I would love some of your cabbage from your garden! Yum!! Isn't it funny how husbands CAN find their way around the kitchen when stomach is grumbling? lol! Darn, his lunch sounds delicious! I wish I could see updated pictures of Gracie : ( come on BDC, fix the picture issue!

p.s. Isn't it amazing how a hot dog tastes so delicious when you are out and about?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I was bummed at first about my friend cancelling today but have to be honest. I am enjoying just relaxing and chatting with friends on facebook and boston.com. I have been so stressed so this is probably what I needed. I defrosted chicken thighs and thinking I am going to put barbecue sauce on them and bake. A side dish is what I am not sure of. I have potatoes and thinking of using my deep fryer and making french fries. Haven't had them in forever! Yeah, think I am going to treat myself on this rainy day. Nothing wrong with hot home made french fries in my opinion : ) Still hoping everytime I come on here I will see something from tt...