December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: December 2012

Yes, I am hoping TT is safe at home and not in the hospital again.  SS, have you spoken to her lately?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you hats. Hoping ss gives us an update. I am very worried...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, that hotdog hit the spot, ambergirl, lol.  And, the cookie, too!  Glad you are enjoying your free day.  Sounds like you're having a great lunch.  Homemade fries?!  Woo hoo!

indeed, it's not like tt to not post just a little...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Haven't cooked them yet. I know I shouldn't so my guilty conscience is getting the best of me : )  But I have been pigging out on rye toast in the meantime. I bought rye bread yesterday and it is so good. But french fries might be for dinner today and chicken thighs tomorrow : ) So balanced diet right? lol! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Chicken salad with celery, walnuts, cranraisins and potato chips for us tonight.  Too summery, maybe, but it's the remains of a chicken breast I cooked last week.  And easy as pie....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh... Hats, that sounds beyond good and not a summer meal at all. I now want chicken salad!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

True story... I told my doctor I eat too much because I go on a chat board with awesome cooks. His advice? Stay off the chat board...  we had the best chuckle out of that. I love him, he is the best doctor ever : )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hilarious, ambergirl!

hats, I just recently made a cranberry walnut chicken salad not even from leftovers for the trips family.  They didn't complain about it being non-seasonal, lol.  No such thing in my mind!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am making that chicken salad tomorrow for lunch, Hats. Costco sells it for $7.99 for 12 ounces. I buy their rotissery chicken for $4.99 and make dinner plus the salad out of it. Today we had Monte Cristo sandwiches made with turkey instead of ham.

It is not like tt not to post at all for such a long time. I hope she is ok, and not back in the hospital for what she was hospitalized last time. Hope she didn't attempt to stand on a chair to decorate and fell down. She has done that before and did hurt her back.

ss, please call her for us and tell her we are all worried.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

groan... you ladies are killing me with the chicken salad... lol! I am really worried about tt too.. I sent her a personal message. Hoping ss can give us an update or even GT...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Gosh Pingo we had Monte Cristos last week with baked ham and turkey and cheese...with Raspberry Jam to eat with each bite.  So good, must remember to do it again.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I too hope we hear from soon. 

I'm sure my family would understand about Christmas, but I want to do It. I will just need to take it slow. I am pretty weak from being in bed for a month. I did little things today, but it felt great. 

On a happy note, DH took advantage of Black Friday and bought all new appliances!!!  I finally got to see them last night and use them today. Fun!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I so understand what you are saying Princess... when I got hospitalized the second time it was so difficult, but I was so happy when I got home. DD drove me crazy with wanting to do everything for me! As much as I appreciated it I needed to do it myself.  You need to do normal : ) New appliances??! I know you have to want to do laundry, run a load of dishes etc... : )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

All new appliances?!  Yahoo!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Just a couple of lines.  Haven't had the computer on all week, but knew you would all be wondering how I am.  Sick.  Terrible nausea along with the cold.  Will call and see if I can get to dr.'s to be checked out tomorrow.  Won't be on again until I'm feeling much better.  Now I understand why someone doesn't just pop in and let us know how they are when they're not well,  the last thing in the world you feel like doing is sitting on the computer.  Not to worry, this will pass.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh tt I am so sorry to hear about the nausea, a cold is one thing but...I do hope you can get checked out tomorrow if you are not well.  Keep warm!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, so sorry you are still sick and I am glad you are going to the doctor. Happy to see your post though. Rest and get well...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my...sounds just terrible, tt.  Thanks for pushing to update us; yes, we've all been thinking of you and worrying.  

Ambergirl, how are you managing the suspense?!  Tomorrow..........ack, the waiting is so hard!

finishing up my java while dh just took Gracie for a short walk/hike.  The neighbor's young adult son is coming at 11 to work for him when they get back.  She was so eager to go that she was curled up outside the bathroom door whimpering while he showered.

Thinking about getting on the stepper, but my legs are still sore from the 2 hour session on Friday...gives me a great calorie cushion, though.  And, I get to watch a movie.  Sigh...feeling lazy  nonetheless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am really hoping I hear something tomorrow. Who knows with 4  people making the decision. So trying not to stress too much. Aww... Gracie is so cute! My stepper is my hills : ) That is all I can handle so I admire you being so good about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope they get it together and call tomorrow as promised.  I'm sure your old friend there will push it knowing you're waiting so eagerly.

I've got the hills, too, and believe me, I really feel them after I've been on the stepper.  My butt and thighs scream for mercy, lol.  If it weren't for Gracie I'd definitely skip the walk after I've done the stepper, but the more exercise she gets during the day the less likely it is for her to wake up in the night and get us up.  Last night she whined at 4 am, and I told her to go back to sleep...she did, thankfully.  But, I didn't take her the afternoon before, and there you have it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Thanks, tt - for taking the time to let us know, how you are. So sorry, you are still fighting that bug. Hope you get to see your doc tmw., and he can help you feel better. Make sure you get enough fluid. Dehydration can make you nauseated.

Had a fabulous day yesterday with DH and DS. I had made reservations at Flemming's in Boston, but when I showed DH the menu, he decided they were way overpriced (agree!), and we ended up going to Outback. They are owned by the same corporation. We had a wonderful meal and the services was exceptional. New management. I managed to stay w/i my calorie budget, and didn't gain an ounce. Yea!

Don't know, what the plans are for today, except DH and DS want to go and see Skyfall, this afternoon. I will probably stay at home and cook a nice dinner for them while finish writing Christmas cards. Half of them are done. It takes time as I always write personal notes in each and every one. The oversea's ones need to go in the mail tmw.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I got all of my cards done yesterday.  I too write notes in the ones for people I do not see every month or so.  In fact, my California friend is in for a 5 page screed that I dashed off while I was stuck waiting for a recall fix on my car last week.  I was so glad that I had a tablet and pen in my purse.  Good idea to carry one this time of year - most of the time I just have a little notebook for listmaking but the lists this time of year are larger. One thing I did notice was that there were fewer people who needed to be filled in on big new items thanks to Facebook, although I am not on it, the rest of the family is....

I was glad that I got the car in for the fix - mine was one of the ones with corrosion and if it had broken it would have been serious.  I took lots - I mean a quart bottle! of hand sanitizer with me everywhere this week in the hope that I could avoid giving my cold to the world.  I used it before I went to the bathroom....then washed afterward.

Market Basket has chicken on sale between now and Christmas - legs .79/lb, drums/thighs .99 and boneless breasts 1.99.  Good time to stock up and to plan those entertainment menus.

Last month I bought a scented candle at the Xmas Tree shop for 3.99 - Maple Syrup flavored.  It smells great, and my candle shade fits - no need to pay the terribly inflated Yankee Candle prices.  Market Basket also has some for that price, but not the same scents as last year - don't find them as nice but will sniff again when I get rid of the cold to make sure.

I should be baking. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I carry my kindle with me these days. Often long waits everywhere. But a good idea to bring some writing materials as well. I always have a small pad and a pen with me. And I use my own pen, whenever I have to sign at the check out. At places, where they use a stylis, I use the other end of my pen. It works. They are the worst germ collectors. I also carry a hand sanitizer with me. Good you got the car fixed, Hats - before it became major.

DS and DH have made an appointment at the Apple Store this afternoon, before they go to the movies. The new iPad, son gave DH, has a problem; it doesn't charge. Hopefully they will just switch it. Otherwise they will return it, and buy a new one. They shouldn't have to wait, while the store send it in for repair. It is a brand new iPad for heaven's sake.

Dinner tonight will be Pork Tenderloin a la Rack of Lamb, with rosemary roasted potatoes and sugar snap peas. I am making cream puffs with caramel whipped cream for dessert.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I'm hopng to have a Kindle to carry in a short while...but until then it's paper for me.

I've just made a dozen loaves of quick bread.  I have a few left over from Thanksgiving in the freezer so I feel a sense of accomplishment.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I'm hopng to have a Kindle to carry in a short while...but until then it's paper for me.

I've just made a dozen loaves of quick bread.  I have a few left over from Thanksgiving in the freezer so I feel a sense of accomplishment.