December 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: December 2013

Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to pingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

tt, Peter is doing bettter. Was up there a few days ago and I asked. He should be back in a couple of weeks - or so they say.

[/QUOTE]

thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

In response to pingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good morning,
    Thanks Hats and Alf for chiming in (pun intended) on the wreaths. They will be ordered today. And I might as well order one for DIL as a hostess gift, or she will feel left out. I would love to do the table decorations, but DS's MIL has this thing about candles. I did send her one once. It was placed nicely on the table,  but she went ballistic, when someone tried to light the 3 candles. DS told me not to bother with those. What is a table decoration with candles, if they are not lit?

How are you doing Alf? So nice to see a post from you. Your nom always make me smile. Alf was one of the better TV shows. I loved it. Merry Christmas to you.

Winter, our youngest son did a project on Bunker Hill. His presentation was the "actual" battle. He made the battle on a large piece of cardboard. We bought lots of small plastic soldiers, he painted red (the English) and blue ( the Americans). Made the battle field in clay, and found in our back yard materials for fences and trees etc. It was quite a project. I believe we still have it somewhere. If I find it, I will post a picture of it.
    I am not happy with your son's teacher. I am all for the students to get involved in a project, but this project definitely need parents' involvement. This teacher needs to be told, that this project it not student oriented.

tt, it sounds like you had a field day yesterday. So happy for you, you found your shoes and your last few gifts. But I am too so sorry to see your island, you loved so much, go. At least you will know, it found a nice home. I would just have discarded those awful smelling baskets and replaced them with something else. Too late now. Hope you find a replacement soon.

Kargiver, we are all worried about you. How are you doing? Hopefully better than yesterday.

Have to get ready. The office is calling. But first, I need to order those wreaths. Have a good day everyone.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Pingo. Doing well.  We moved to the West coast back in Oct.  We're across the sound from Seattle.  It's freezing right now (unusual cold snap) but I am looking forward to Christmas. DH was deployed last Christmas, so we are making up for it this Christmas with an extra tall tree. We're going to cut one down this weekend.  :-)  We're surrounded by deer and woods. It's a big difference from the East coast! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

ALF  - sounds like you're in Debbie Macomber country!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

ALF  - sounds like you're in Debbie Macomber country!

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! I am, exactly!  But the downtown is nothing like what is portrayed on TV!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Haven't seen the TV show - but read a lot of the books!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

It really is pretty though. I love it here!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Glad to hear it.  For the rest of you - we are taking about Debbie Macomber's "Cedar Cove" and "Blossom Street" series of books.  Easy reads with a strong but not overpowering "Christian" bent.  Cedar Cove is now a series on the Hallmark Channel with Andie MacDowell starring as Judge Olivia....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

trying to post..but i don't think its working

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Typing in a blue box with what looks like very small print, so don't know if post will appear -

However, wonderful, relaxing morning.  Can't remember the last time I got up 6:00, and knew I didn't have to be out of the house by a certain time in the morning.  Cheerio and I are just relaxing on the couch, watching the morning news with Charlie Rose, and she has snuggled up next to me, intermittently purring then snoring away!

She doesn't very often get the chance to curl up in the morning with her body next to mine for warmth!

Nothng to do today except put G.T.'s card together.  I went to the computer first thing and finished his poem, brought a tear to my eye, so hope he saves his cards to open after the guests have gone.  No baking to do, and you know, I think this may be the way to go.  Bought a choc cream pie to bring tomorrow, and the saltine candy I decided against after the last fiasco.  I hate to throw things out, and didn't want to be disappointed again with it.  I'll wait and give it a try for my Christmas morning get together.  Already am deciding what I can buy ready made (turkey for instance), and cut down on the stress I put myself through with all these different dishes I usually make.  This is going to be the year of "easy living" for this Mama.

Kargiver, hope you are coming along, feeling better.  If you aren't seeing some improvement, please check in with your doctor before getting stuck over the week-end.

Icer, your post did come through, but am wondering if you had the same "blue box" as I.

Picked up some Wagner's premium, I think it was called, bird seed yesterday and I could smell the fruit bits in it.  The birds are all over the feeder this morning, so it's smell must have gone out to them too.

Will check in later.  Just going to go over my clothes to wear tomorrow - if I get there.  Friend will not drive out there if we have snow on the ground or freezing rain.  I completely understand, but will have to scurry around for a seat in another car if she cancels.  Getting my chicks all in a row.

ETA:  guess the correct phrase is "getting my ducks all in a row"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you again Alf, for chiming in. So happy for you, you like it where you are now. So sorry to hear, your DH was employed. Must have been a terrible time for you.
    I did order 3 wreaths. When I looked at LLBeans website, I found, they had a lot of different wreaths, each one with its own decorations, so I ordered 3 different ones. Thanks for your input.
    Best you you, and have a Merry Christmas with your family.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Alf, nice to see you here and that you are enjoying the West Coast. Is Charlie (cat for those not familiar) still loving it?

tt, what a cute picture of Cheerio. He looks nice and comfortable. I like your idea of a  "easy living" mama Christmas. 

Pingo, I like that you ordered three different wreaths, a different one for each person. 

Kar, I hope you are feeling better or have spoken to/seen a doctor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Yes, tt. Blue box, tiny print.
    Glad for you you finished GT's poem. Is that his BD party, you are going to tmw? Happy Birthday GT!
    I ordered 3 wreaths, all different. I am happy with my purchase. Thanks everyone for chiming in. Now that I have done that, I am thinking of ordering a couple more. One to my son's newly married nephew and one to a friend, we meet all the time, visiting TX. I guess this will be the year of Christmas wreaths. LOL
    Just got a call from DS. They just left the "baby doctor". All is fine. The baby is growing, but will be small. 7.5 lbs. Is that really small? Her father was 7 lbs and 3 ounces. Me think, that is a good size for a baby. So excited to spend the Christmas holidays with them. When "mama" was here for the shower, she hardly showed. Hope to see a bump this Christmas.
    Have a lot of errands to do today. DH's birthday is Sunday. He doesn't want to celebrate it, but I do want to make it a special day for him. Planning of making his favorite rack-o-lamb, with rosemary roasted potatoes and asparagus. Could invite a bunch of people, but he really wants to keep it low.
    Have a good day everyone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I don't think that's small, that seems average to me. I was 7 lbs 6 oz. I think of small under 6 lbs. My DS was a 8 lbs 9 z.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy Birthday to Pingo's DH.  G.T.'s isn't until the week before Christmas, but as long as there's a party anyway, it's being celebrated in grand style there.  He's not one for the limelight, so will be mortified.  Ah well.

Such a flurry at the feeder, I'm keeping my eye out on the skies for any sharp beaked hawk.  Don't know what I could do - their swoop down is faster than your eye can calibrate and give a warning - but now that he's found dinner here, I'm sure he passes over each day.

ROK is back in its old format, with the wicker table under the window.  Looks fine.  I'm erasing the other image from my memory - - haha.  Think Sunday I'll try to find a spot downstairs here where I can set up my "baskets", now that I have them, and sort items as to which goes in which.  then I make a list of what I have for each family, and any ideas of thing to look for. Helps when I'm out and can't remember if I did pick up such and such for the oldest, or youngest, or one in between!  I have an old sheet I can thrown over the 5, to keep from any inquisitive eyes that may stop by.  Also G.T. and partner's stockings.  Know I need more things for them.

I think it's a great idea to go with the wreaths for inlaw relatives, Pingo.  I'm sure it would be a gift they'd look forward to each year.  I'm spritzing my little live wreath on the kitchen table each morning, and it rewards me with a whiff of pine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I will try to remember to tell them to spritz the wreaths. They don't have them there, so they will probably just hang them up and leave it at that. Thanks for your suggesting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Because I have the LL Bean credit card, I had a 10 coupon that I used towards the arrangements I sent, and I got another one for buying more than $50 worth - so I think that's a good deal!  I sent the same arrangement to both since it's people who hate each other...divorced...

TT my bday is the week before XMAS too...can I be GT's twin sister please?  I'd love to have you for my mom....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo happy birthday to your DH. My sister's birthday is tomorrow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Because I have the LL Bean credit card, I had a 10 coupon that I used towards the arrangements I sent, and I got another one for buying more than $50 worth - so I think that's a good deal!  I sent the same arrangement to both since it's people who hate each other...divorced...

TT my bday is the week before XMAS too...can I be GT's twin sister please?  I'd love to have you for my mom....

[/QUOTE]

And just how old are you going to be, little Miss Hats??  If you're his age, I might adopt you - be your surrogate mom.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

It's kind of a traumatic one...that's all I'll admit to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hmmm.  You'll be tramatized by this one, and he'll be mortified.  Hmmm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hmmm.  You'll be tramatized by this one, and he'll be mortified.  Hmmm.

[/QUOTE]

What a pair we'd make~

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Hi all, been a busy week at the Ramas. We all had the stomach bug but everyone's better now, thankfully. Otherwise things are good. I went to the Christmas tree shop today looking for those trays you bought tt but my store doesnt carry them. They had a few wire baskets that looked to be similar sized but they were $4.99 each. I needed a few trays to use in the playroom to use to organize the toys a bit And provide a surface to play on. She has a ton of little figurines that don't take a lot of room but would be good to have one place to keep all of them. We have a big toy box but things tend to all mix together making it harder to find all the components of each toy. Anyway, all this to say that TT you are lucky you found your trays because they arent in all Xmas tree stores. I ended up finding something that will work, a pop up canvas box for $1.00 that are small enough to fit a few of side by side in the toy bin but the trays would have been better because my daughter could have actually played with her little toys right on the tray and reduced the clean up. 

Pingo both my daughters were under 7 lbs. Both were healthy and within normal range. Those predictions tend to be wrong in my experience. Exciting the baby is comong so soon. Is your dil feeling ok?

Alf are you practicing law still? Thanks for checking in. 

Kar I hope you are ok!

november I am jealous of your family pictures being done and getting a good shot of each kid. We haven't done ours yet and I am afraid it's going to be very difficult to get both kids to cooperate. Will be hard to get our cards out on time this year. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good to hear from you Rama.  Sorry your CTS wasn't stocked with these gift trays.  I had the feeling these had just been put out.  They were plopped in the kitchen area, sort of on top of other stuff, and could be easily missed.  I'll post a pic when they are filled for Christmas.  Just a thought, - when my boys were little I used to cover oatmeal boxes with contact paper to store their soldiers/indians, and such.  Good too, because they had covers.

My favorite project with an oatmeal box was to lay it on its side and cut out most of the top of one side, cover the whole box with contact paper, and make a small doll's cradle.  I decorated the edges I had cut by glueing on lace and then made a little mattress and pillow from sheet or an old pillow case, filled it with my craft filling, and knitted a blanket for the doll's covering.  I finished it off with a bow on the top, leaving it looking like the bassinets we used to decorate, if you're familiar with that.  Pumpkin's mom loved it and played with it for years. 

Good luck with the kids pictures.  Pumpkin's mom was saying she's going to try to get a shot of her boys in front of one of the trees that are already all set up and decorated - at the party this week-end.  Good thinking.  Lilly's mom already had G.T. take a pic of her whole fam on his staircase Thanksgiving when we were there, she'll be using that for her holiday cards.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just came back finishing ALL my shopping for today, tomorrow and Sunday. It is nice and warm outside today, and I didn't want to get stuck in the expected snow tomorrow. If it snows, I hibernate with the bears and squirrels.
    We stopped exchanging birthday presents a long time ago, but I still got DH a book he wanted and a couple of very small things, I know he will love. Fortunately the blueberries for our traditional blueberry muffins were on sale this week. Buy one /get one free. Bought 6 boxes. Will use some and freeze the rest.
    Re professional photos. They are certainly nice to have, but I truly think, the one you take yourself whenever, are so much better. The professional photos are many time so unnatural. With the digital cameras, we have today, you can keep shooting until you get it right. An there are all kind of apps you can use on your computer to enhance them, cut them, print them etc.
    I already told our son, I would love a calender next Christmas of the baby month by month. He thought it was the greatest idea.
    Now to put away groceries. One of the chores I dislike the most. Have a good day everyone, whatever is left of it. DH is on the soup wagon. Wants to loose 10 pounds before we leave for Texas. Will make my tomato bisque tonight. What is on everyone else's plate?

Sections
Shortcuts