December 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: December 2013

Leftover pizza from last night, with a few added embellishments.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed out soon everone. So I'll say good night now. I'm sure I'll check it at some point, if not know that I do read the posts during the weekend. Pingo that's a great idea, I made my mom several calendars of DS when he was younger.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I got several different photos of my great-nephew today in the mail/email.  He's a big bruiser - coudl easily be mistaken for a year old instead of 7 month!  Babies are so fun!  Loved sending the photo cards of DD when she was little - what fun!  Then she got self-conscious and wouldn't pose...sigh.  Enjoy it, Novem and Rama, while you have the chance.

We're going out for dinner but I don't know what we'll end up eating - probably a sandwich.  I just got home from a teaching session so no thought of cooking...maybe I'll go do last night's dishes!  I would love to do some baking this weekend but the schedule won't permit, probably.  Anyone else starting to stress?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Must add that we are quite worried about you Kar, your illness must be a doozie....hope you'll be better and back soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Hi Rama.  Still practicing law.  I did switch from one federal agency to another when we moved from DC to the West Coast; I got super lucky that it all worked out so seamlessly. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

hi...yup, it's hit me like a freight train.  Barely online at all, and waiting in desperate hope for the supplements my aunt sent Thursday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Happy to see a post from you, Kargiver. We were all so worried about you. I was even thinking, you might have ended up in the hospital. It doesn't sound like you are feeling any better though. Did you try my old stand by: homemade chicken soup? Get a whole chicken and boil the heck out of it, never mind saving the meat. It is the bones and the cartilage, that have all the "goodies". Hope your aunt's supplements show up today, so you can get on your way feeling better. Best wishes and hugs.

Woke up to a white wonderland. But most of it is all melted away. The sun is out here, but it is only 36. Not sure, what we are doing today. I would like to spend a couple of hours at the office, since we are going away in less than two weeks. Lots of accounting to think of beforehand.

Finished with my Christmas cards last night. Just in time for those going to Europe. I know it is crazy, but I still write everything by hand. I am not comfortable with the typed inserts. Also ordered the big gift for DS and DIL. A tall dresser matching the furniture in the baby's room. They bought the bed and the changing table themselves. Still need to get a few more personal gifts for them.

Have a good day everyone and stay warm.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thank you, everyone, for your well wishes and concern.  if I get to the store I'll pick up a chx.  

Got to our first Christmas card yesterday and gasped at the thought of needing to do ours.  I write them by hand, too, but not much in each.

white here, too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Thank you, everyone, for your well wishes and concern.  if I get to the store I'll pick up a chx.  

Got to our first Christmas card yesterday and gasped at the thought of needing to do ours.  I write them by hand, too, but not much in each.

white here, too.

Wish I lived near you, I would get the chicken and make the soup for you. Can you possibly send DH to get it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So thoughtful, Pingo, and I know you'd be in good company making the soup for me. :)  DH will pick one up if I send him.  I'll see what is on his agenda and go from there.  He's out with the princess right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Hope the supplements you were waiting for arrived and that this morning you can start to feel a difference, Kargiver.

Wonderful party.  Festive and such a good time.  Girls I worked with had a great time too, and we used the directions/route that G.T.'s friend had driven when he picked me up for Thanksgiving.  They agreed with me a much easier and pleasanter drive.  I think G.T. was a little suspicious about there being a birthday celebration in the works, but really, all it was a minute hesitation with a cake being brought out and Happy Birthday being sung.  Then everythng went back to before, eating, talk, mingling.  We really lucked out with the weather.  Not so tonight, I guess.  Am going to try to hit the mall today for a few more gift ideas I have.  Now that the weather is really changing into winter form, have to take advantage of every "good" day. -  Funny email from B&N that a gift I ordered a couple of days ago is on its way, shipped by "lasership" ?!  I'll have to look that one up.  Makes me think of the Jetsons!

ETA:  It's the name of a delivery service in Woburn.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, and thanks, again, tt and others.  I'm feeling better but haven't caught up yet.  Got too cold for me last night so I woke up a lot trying not to cough and disturb DH.  61 in here this morning. Fire is going full tilt. 

Tt, sounds like a wonderful party.

Will be on later today to see what else has been going on. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad you are on the mend.

There are always a lot of interesting people at their parties.  One of my g.f. has traveled a lot, and a friend of theirs who has traveled the world happened to be there at the same time as we - they had so much to talk about and compare notes.  He was preparing for a trip with a large tour group to Egypt in a couple of months.  Will have completed his dream of visiting all continents, including Antartica.  When we expressed concern for traveling at this time, he said the large well run tour groups usually have the sanction of the visiting country's government before making plans, and that their trips are for the most part, educational.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, he sounds truly interesting.  I'd be concerned no matter what about traveling to Egypt or anywhere in the Middle East, but it sounds like it will be as safe as possible.  I was in Isreal in '88, and we were told that if we went to Egypt we might not be allowed back into Isreal, and I had no desire to see the pyramids after that, but it would have been cool if we could have.  I rode a camel, at least, and saw lots of neat things on the Israeli side of the border.  Maybe I can post a photo of a photo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Here I am on a camel with my 80s hair, lol.  And, the sodas in Arabic (or something), and our guide taking us down a closed market street in Jerusalem...closed for some political problem that I can't remember anything about now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm glad mention of his upcoming trip helped you relive your adventure in that part of the world.

Getting ready to go out.  returning my "fabulous" shoes - haha.  Trying them on yesterday morning, I thought, there should not have to be so many additional inserts in an expensive pair of shoes to make them fit right - looked up stairs and found a pair sitting right on top of the shoe boxes, of a suede, low heeled pair of every day shoes, I don't even remember buying.  They had never been worn, and when I tried them on, it was sweet comfort.  Back go the expensive dressy pair I bought Thursday.  I knew from past experience that there would be a lot of standing at this party, and I never would have made it in my "dressy" shoes.

Got my eye open for gifts for 3 people who don't know each other, but have similar taste, so if I find the right thing, could get them all the same gift.  Don't know what that will be, but I'll do a little poking.  Glad I didn't take the little pot roast I had bought, out for cooking today.  I do it on top of the stove, and that requires 15 minute tending - turning and adding a little water each time.

I'll check in later.  Hope everyone is enjoying their snow/rain/sleet - free Sunday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I've been to Market Basket and returned; still need to put things away.  Am giving a small tea tomorrow but just heard of a family crisis which may complicate things.  But I got Christmas doilies.  I love doilies - I'm sure that makes me seem so old but the ones with holly on them seem so special...

Kar, I wish I had travelled as far afield as you did back in the 80s!

TT, the low heeled suede shoes sound perfect!  Wish I had some!  Glad you can take back the expensive ones.

Busy days for all, I am sure, so check in when you can.  Off to put the Christmas music on and unpack...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in and munching on the last 2 pieces of that pizza I had however long ago.  Glad to have them.

No problem returning the shoes, picked up some unmentionables while I was there, and then travelled down to T.J.Maxx and got a couple of gifts, one for one of the 3 I mentioned.  Here I am, home again and it was only quarter to one.  Whole rest of the day is mine, not to go shopping, that's for sure.  Lots are full, even in front of grocery stores.  I went out at just the right time.

I would like to come to your tea, Hats, if I may.  Hope the family crisis is not the ill health of someone.  Noone in my lot gives teas, or holiday lunches, I always did the lunch for 3-4 of my friends, but I stopped that a couple of years ago.  We would exchange gifts at it, and now one person has said, lets quit exchanging, nothing we really need - (?  I just like to get a little something someone has picked out for me!) - and the others and I still exchange, so I don't know what I'll do this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon,
    Sounds like you all are up and on the go. Had a lazy morning celebrating DH with blueberry muffins and many phone calls from overseas. Plus the boys face timed us. So it was a good start on a new year.

Thought we would just relax at home, but now DH "needs" to go to the office to pick up something, he forgot yesterday to work on at home. I am trying to talk him out of it. Will this guy ever retire?

Glad, Kar, you are feeling better today, keep it up, will you?

Good you didn't wear your fancy shoes yesterday, tt. I would bring them back too, if I were you. Just too bad you have to run out in this cold weather. Funny you should find the other pair, just as you needed them.

I love doilies too, Hats. Use them all the time. I learned a trick to have them stick to the plates. Dab a bit of frosting or even butter on the plate, that will keep the doily in place. Hope your family crisis will solve itself, and no one is serious ill.

Saw the terrible winter pictures from Texas last night in the news. But our family in SA is fine. Even though 37 degrees is much too cold for them, no icy roads yet. DIL is worried about all the plants and trees in their yard. A couple of winters ago, they lost a beautiful palm tree. They take forever to grow. They bought a portable green house last year, where she brings in all her outdoor potted plants. Most of their flowers and plants are in pots to conserve water.

Just heard DH click on the TV for the Patriot's game. Maybe we are not going out after all.

Have a good day everyone. Stay warm.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Someone is seriously injured but will recover - and I am out of get well cards.  Some plans will have to be changed, too..thanks for the good wishes.

TT, I love to entertain on a low-key basis so I too wish you could come to tea.  Stop by some other day.  DH is watching football too.  A waste of time and resources.  I'd ban it if I had my way.  Who needs to watch all these nasty mean men running around bashing each other.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have to tell you of the cute gift I picked up for a friend - I'll get something else too to include in the bag, but since she doesn't venture on the computer except to play her games,  I'm safe telling you.  Last time we got together for lunch she was showing me something in her den and I looked down at her keyboard - - - OMG!  She keeps a box of cheeze-its there on the computer table, and the whole keyboard and in between all the keys were littered with crumbs!  I said, "How can you do that?  Dust it off or turn it upside down or something.  I'm going to get you a feather duster for Christmas!" - - - -  Walking around today, someone had left a white feather duster on a shelf of candles - - like my suede shoes, it was just sitting there, waiting for me to find it!  She'll get a kick out of it.  I'll sweeten the pot with some sugar free candies.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I did enjoy flipping through the pics, tt. Can't believe that trip was 25 years ago, and it's been probably 5 years since I dusted that album off.  Good you found great shoes shopping in the free store - your own closet!  Lol, I've done the same thing.  Comfy shoes is a must.  I relish needing to go back East to return something so I have to go back, lol, so I know what you mean.

Pingo, I haven't read yet...it sounds like it's your anniversary.  Have a wonderful day and congrats!  Poor DH off to the office; hopefully, he'll retire soon.  My FIL started the company he retired from so I know it can be done. :)

Serious injury, hats?  That's too bad; speedy recovery to your loved one.  

Speaking of get well cards, my Dad had shoulder replacement surgery last week; sent him a card from us and a Garfield one from Gracie that had the strip's dog's tongue pop out in 3-D to send a good cheer lick.  He loves Garfield.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What a great idea, tt. There is also a small computer vac on the market. A gimmick IMO, but people says it works well. Cheeze-its? I am sure we will hear from you-know-who.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I used to eat at my desk all the time, and my keyboard, embarrassingly, showed it.  I used the canned air to clean it; it worked great because it forced the crumbs out from underneath the key caps.  Funny re the feather duster - she'll definitely get a kick out of your actually picking one up for her!  

As for Cheezits, they've always been a cracker favorite of mine...up there with Ritz and Townhouse.  Mmmmmm, crackers and cheeeeese.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, I know it won't be used for the keyboard, she didn't even see anything wrong with it!  Not a totally useless gift tho, she can flick it around on her mantle, TV or whatever, and I know she'll get a laugh out of it.

Just stretched out on the couch for a little R&R and got up with a cramp behind my knee - OMG, how I hate those.   Luckily had some tonic water in the fridge and a good swig of that has taken care of it.

So grey here, definitely looks like a snow sky.  I wonder what we'll all get up to tomorrow morning.  Kargiver, you're not planning on keeping your chiro appt are you?

Pingo, did  you and DH end up spending the day home (it's not their anniv., Kargiver, but DH's birthday).

Sections
Shortcuts