December 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: December 2013

Good morning. I couldn't post yesterday, it wouldn't let me. :( Kar, glad to see you are starting to feel better, hope it continues. Pingo, I'm not done with Christmas shopping yet, but almost. I have to pick up some wine, iTunes Gift cards and a couple of gifts. tt, what an adorable picture of Cheerio on the nicely folded towels, it's always the way. SS' dd, I hope your mom gets you that cute cat, she's adorable. I'm sure you've been a good girl.

ETA: DS' Pageant is Friday night. He told me this morning his throat is starting to hurt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh no, Winter.  Anyone around him suffering with a cold that includes a sore throat.  Honey and lemon is good for relieving the soreness and cutting any phlegm.  Luden's also puts out a plain  honey losenga which is good - nothing in it to upset your stomach.  Will he gargle with salt and water?  Do kids nowadays even know how to gargle?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hall's makes vitamin C lozenges, Winter - they taste good and we take them at the first sign of a cold....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I tried to get him to gargle once and he swallowed it. Not sure if a classmate has a cold, but I will head over to CVS before going home to get him something.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to shakersilly2010's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont know if im doing this right. This is SS's DD... Toytrumpet... help me talk my mom into getting me a young (not kitten)cat for Christmas... It's alllllllll i want... Isnt she a cutie ?... DD
    [QUOTE]

Don't be fooled!  No pet is low maintenance.

The cost of owning a cat can be substantial and often more than people expect.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2137&aid=1542

Be prepared.  Best of luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome ssdd!  I hope you get your cat for Christmas!  

Winter, thanks.  Still coughing, but feeling better.  Not sure if you can find these outside of a practitioner, but amazon sells some of the brand of supplements my aunt uused, Standard Process.  These are the ones she prescribes as soon as any cold symptoms appear:

Calcium Lactate Powder (has laxative effect due to magnesium)

Pneumotrophin PMG

Andrographis Complex

Congaplex

They worked so well I thought my cold had bitten the dust since it never really developed even after 3 days post extreme sore throat (usually the next day I'm toast), but it hit me head on as soon as I stopped taking these since I didn't have any at home.  Now, we'll always have then on hand!

Hopefully, he will be able to sing in the pageant...what terrible timing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good to see your post, Kargiver, and hear you are feeling better.  Getting around to go out to do some errands.  Snow predicted to start around 10:00 here, but nothing as yet, and I'll keep an eye on the sky.

Cheerio has found yet another door besides the hall closet that she's working on to open at will.  Will have to find something to prop against it.  I never leave her upstairs alone, she's always at the door up there that leads to the attic, even tho I have a myriad of stools, boxes pushed maze fashion to keep her from where she can try to pry it open.  Now the door off the l.r. that leads to the upstairs, is her prime target.  It's on the other side of the wall in this room, and I can hear her working on it!  Another decorative basket of heavy rocks (like I have against the hall door) I think, is called for!

Walked into the kitchen this morning and thought how bright the windows looked - the rain yesterday must have beat against the back windows and cleaned them!  These front ones  look cleaner too.  Perfect timing, for the holidays!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt. :)

That Cheerio is a wily one!  Gracie just slams her head into doors hoping they aren't actually latched.

Yay for the automatic window washer - apparently Mother Nature DOES do windows, LOL!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Morning all, Snowing here, darn it....

Kar, are you saying that magnezium has a laxative in it???  I take that, CoQ-10 and tonic water with quinine in it for my leg cramps...lots better since I added the CoQ-10, but they sure are the pits when they come....right tt?  So glad your feeling better Kar.

Winter, hope your son is better by Friday...does he enjoy singing before people?  Could be nerves??

Weather is bad in Texas, Pingo...hope it clears up for you by the time you & DH get there to celebrate Christmas.

Hats, one of my DD's lives in the Metro West area and she says they get more snow than we do...

Alf, thanks for poping in, whenever I see your avitar I think of that old show and a good friend of mine, we were always chatting about the show we saw the nite before.   ss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, SS, magnesium doesn't have a laxitive in it, per se, but it can have a mild laxative effect itself.  If you take it and don't have any intestinal issues, you might be taking a form that isn't as likely to cause that side effect or you may have an iron constitution. ;)  I like to warn people before recommending that supplement just in case.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Got my first Christmas card in today's mail.  Guess that's a sign to get mine out and start writing them tonight while watching TV.

Snow is getting a little heavier, but still not sticking to the streets.  Decided to stay in once I got home and fixed a salad and a cup of tea.  But, I've got to get something done so as not to waste the afternoon.  Just got off the phone with SS - doing my selling job - wink wink.  The little fella's picture DD sent is at a shelter - needs a good home.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Funny TT I have been working on cards for a week and I just finished my first pass through the  list and have them all done exept for a few to whom I send peace/Happy New Year cards;   so those can wait a week or so.  Also, I did not write a bunch to those whom I may wantto remove from the lsit - will wait to see if they send me one.  Stopped at the PO when I went to town to vote and got stamps so they are by the door ready to go!  Now must go through the gift list and see where I am there.  Immediate family has decided to cut down so that's a blessing!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh cards I have to get those done. I'll be heading out soon, I've had trouble posting most of the day but I was able to read everyone's posts. DS isn't usually one to be nervous, but I think it might be that a little. There is a girl in his class that he likes and she's never heard him sing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, I have sung my whole life, solos, choirs, musicals, everything.  DS needs to sing as little as possible between now and Friday to save his voice.  At practice, in pieces he's not a soloist, he should mouth the words or, if that would be detected, hold back and barely make noise.  The day of the production, he should hum gently in the lower notes of his range to warm up his vocal chords.  Also, this week, no yelling or loud talking.  He'll be at the best he can be if he rests the vocal chords.  He can definitely practice the music, but without using his voice to its fullest capacity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GL, tt, with your mission!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

In response to shakersilly2010's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont know if im doing this right. This is SS's DD... Toytrumpet... help me talk my mom into getting me a young (not kitten)cat for Christmas... It's alllllllll i want... Isnt she a cutie ?... DD
    [QUOTE]

Don't be fooled!  No pet is low maintenance.

The cost of owning a cat can be substantial and often more than people expect.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2137&aid=1542

Be prepared.  Best of luck!

do the math. Based on the "high cost" of a cat over a 14 year span, it comes out to $3.59 per day.  Totally worth it for that cute little fuzzy face!

Kitties are the best pets!!!!

the math gurus who worked up that chart might be the same folks who calculate that it costs close to a million or more [I  forget what it's up to now!] over the life time of a baby. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Good night's sleep, and good looking out this morning and seeing walkways and driveways here are just wet, not icey.  List is already in pocketbook - I'll be headed out today with determination, that is, after a breakfast of bacon and eggs.

Hope Kargiver and Winter's DS are feeling better this morning.

Never did get out those cards to address last night.  Long phone call with G.T.'s MIL, and then my usual early "fall into bed" routine.  Starting to make a running list under dates/days, of what I can get done, leaving just the gingerbread men baking til a few days before Christmas.  Think I'll skip the individual bagging of "the men" this year and just put out a tray of them.  Will, as usual, include a bagful in each family basket.  Two batches of baking, but I already have my molasses stocked up.

Pingo, what date do you leave for Texas?  Certainly hope the weather has improved before that time.  Did you get the rest of your gifts ordered?

Off to the shower, want to be out when the stores open today

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. DS didn't say he was feeling any worse, so I'm hoping it was just a brieft thing. I did send him in with some lozenges tpoday so hopefully that will do the trick. Hope you find what you need out and about this morning tt. I'd like a baggie of gingerbread man please. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Now, Winter.  Time you got a recipe and started your own tradition of baking gingerbread men at Christmas - - !

Spent a little time online printing out coupons.  Seems as tho most places have them now.  Moving slowly tho, except when it came to checking my card box for supplies for Santa cards for the 2 littlest ones - dropped the whole thing upside down and everything spilled out on and in between all the toys - - didn't bother to pick them up now, later when I'm back in a better mood!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, sorry the box fell over, what a pain that is. Hope you have productive shopping while you are out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

testing - testing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning ladies,
    What a pain! Couldn't post yesterday. Tried earlier this morning, but the post went poof. Hope this one will take.

tt, hope you come home cheerfully and in a better mood after a good day of poking. Then it will not be so bad to play "52-pick-up". Sorry the box fell over; you were probably in a rush to get out.

Glad to hear, DS is not feeling worse this morning, Winter. "There is a girl in his class that he likes and she's never heard him sing." How cute! Oh, those early crushes.

ss, I suffer terribly from those cramps too. I have them all over. Not just in my legs. I take Magnesium for them too. Like Kargiver said, it is really not a laxative, but it does make the stools softer. What has helped me a lot is, that I switch to diet Tonic Water instead of water. I drink about two liters a day. If I stop, the cramps comes right back. I checked with my doc, and he told me, if it works to keep doing it. No harm done. A friend of mine takes some homeopathic Quinine pellets for her cramps. As soon as the cramp shows it's ugly head, she put them under her tongue, and the cramp disappear w/i minutes. She buys them at CVS. I haven't tried those yet, and as long as the Tonic Water does it's stuff, I will stay with that.

Alf, I loved your math computations. I thought the same thing. In a span of 14 years - maybe more, we are talking pennies. Besides there are so many variable, that those statistics should go right in the waste basket. Imagine people taking time to sit and figure out those? What a life!

Kar, are you feeling better, now you have resumed taking your aunt's supplements?

Leaving for the office shortly. Lots to do, before we leave next Friday. Our office will be closed until the new year. Seems this year has gone so fast. Have a good day everyone, and stay warm.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hi Pingo and good morning. I've been having trouble posting sometimes as well, it's annoying.
    I was hoping DS felt fine, so hopefully it stays that way. If it makes him "feel" better to take the lozenges I'm ok with that. How long are you staying in TX? You are going to have such a wonderful time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Coming back on the 1st. 10 days of warm weather (hopefully - it's 39 there today) and pure relaxation. Now just praying the flying weather will behave. It is always such an iffy to travel by plane this time of the year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I am home and just getting on for a few minutes before I get up and start on this house. Haven't picked up or put things away since before the week-end.  Want to get some Christmas things down before next Monday - G.T.'s birthday and they are coming down to spend the daylight hours before going out for supper and the Pops.  Told him to bring the birthday card (still not opened) that I brought to their party because it's the only poem he's getting from me this year!  Said it all, couldn't write anything further to tell how much I appreciate and love him.

I had a productive morning - got the basket bags, Santa embellishments for pumpkin and his little bro cards, raffia for the baskets and a few other small things in Dollar Store, then ran over to Job Lots and picked up an amaryllis for G.T.'s MIL.  I already have a very nice amaryllis dish towel, so together they will make a nice gift.  Picked up a couple of little basket fillers in there - much more to do, but every trip out brings in something.  Heard today was going to be the warmest of the week, so make sure I got out.  After the 15th will hit B&N for a big shopping order.  (15th is closing on my credit card and I don't want to add the $100 or so to it before then.)

Spilled embellishments still lie where they fell - and there'll they'll stay for today.  Not getting started on that when there is so much visible stuff to be done.

We'll miss you when you go to Texas, Pingo, but I envy you the warm weather and the wonderful time you'll be shown.  Enjoy.