December 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: December 2013

Hats, your link tells me "page not found". So I googled: NY Times, pressure cookers. And I got the article.

And by the way. You don't need to be a paying customer to read anything you want. You can always google a specific article from any news paper, and you can read all you want. The warning about "10 articles" is only to make you subscribe. No need to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

If you are an avid reader (NYT) and read more than 10 articles per month, you will find that the information you provided is incorrect.  That is based on my personal experience.

Maybe others would care to share their experience?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin, you are absolutely correct. But you can circumvent the restrictions, by googling a particular article. You just have to type in the headline in the google box, and it will show up. I have done that for years. Try it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to pingo's comment: 

"Robin, you are absolutely correct. But you can circumvent the restrictions, by googling a particular article. You just have to type in the headline in the google box, and it will show up. I have done that for years. Try it!" (end quote)

I have, it doesn't always work.

Whatever, it's only a few bucks a month, why play games (imo).

Ps: They have specials all the time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hanging in there.  I'm here with just Gracie, but have neighbors to call if I need anything. No vomiting today. :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hi tt, what a trip out you've had. Glad you have gotten the fillers to finish up the baskets. It is a lovely day. Tonight my friends and I and DS and DH will be celebrating Christmas. Shuld be fun. I am working Monday and Tuesday(they let us out at 2). I do have the 26th off though.

Hats, have a wonderful trip and Merry Christmas. I like your pretzel house.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Home again, home again,  lickety split.  Well, not so llckety split, my back walk is still snow so had to make about 10 trips up the front stairs and in with the bags.  Wasn't thinking about that when I kept putting stuff in the carriage.  As it is, they had no turkey or chicken kielbasa so will have to hit a different store over the week-end.  Have to get fresh fruit and veggies the first of the week too.  AND, of course, the turkey dinner on Tuesday.  It seemed to me that they had jacked up a lot of the prices in there today.  I did have their coupon for $8 off if you spent $80, which of course I did, but still resented paying it to begin with.

Are the celebrations tonight at your house?  I could stop by, I'll be refreshed by then - ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, they are not at my house. Someone else's parents house as they've been like second parents to two of us for years. The other two friends are sisters, plus my DH, DS and one of my friends two little ones, 4 and 2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I understand - that's alright - I'll just stay home - - - alone - - -

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, you can come over tomorrow, I plan on making cookies. You can sit and relax with a glass of wine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well thanks, but I don't really have any daytime I can afford not to be working around here.  Still much to do.  If I don't get on again, have a good week-end.

And Pingo a safe trip, and Hats, the same.

Kargiver hope you continue to improve.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good night everyone. I'll check in this weekend. Pingo, have an awesome flight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good afternoon,

Taking a sit down break, after running out this morning and finding the turkey kielbasa, hitting the Game Stop for a couple of gift cards, and the packie and bank.  Was out and back home by 11:00.  All set now except for the turkey dinner pickup.  

Laughed (and sent my Fla friend an email), when I got home and unloaded the liquor. Got the pinot gricio and beer, "and then said I want an inexpensive red wine, not merlot, something sweet."  He picked up a slim bottle and said, "This says sweet red, and I sell a lot of it.  It's $5.00."  I didn't even bother looking at it, said, "Fine.  I'll take it."  When I took the bottles out of the bags at home, it was Riunite - the same kind my Fla friend who I then worked with, would bring over in a jug and we'd spend a night playing Trivial Pursuit.  Boy, did that roll back the years.  I had to sit down and send her an email. Those were tough times for all of us, financially and emotionally, but the friendship of other women and the warmth and laughter we enjoyed have left happy memories to look back on.

My "Merry Christmas" memory to share with your today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1797616. Show user_1797616's posts

Hi tt,

Wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, Joyful New Year!

The wine story is a sweet memory.

I wonder if you have ever read the book, "The Art of Racing In The Rain"  by Garth

Stein.  Absolutely a great book and I think you would enjoy it.  Put it on your

library list for the first of the year.

Happy Holidays!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi User, Merry Christmas!

I haven't ever read the book, but just googled an interview with the author on Youtube, and it sounds good.  You're right, I think I would enjoy it and will check it out at the library after the holidays.

I've been putting up the decorations, and for the life of me, can't seem to get them in the same places they were last year.  Things just don't look the same.  I may not have dragged out all the boxes from the attic, but after going up and down the stairs 5 times this afternoon, what's down here is all that's getting put up!  Did set up the skating rink in a spot of honor in the l.r., and I know the little kids are going to love that.  GD's father gave that to me before he was married, and I haven't always had a spot near an outlet where I could put it - skaters skate around and around and 12 different Christmas carols play - softly.

Want to get the baskets in their bags and make any last minute changes - this in that one and that over in the other one - just waiting for the gingerbread men in their bags to be dropped in.  Checking the ribbon too, not sure there is enough wide for 5 tyings - I'll make do, have plenty of narrower ribbon around.

Have a happy and safe holiday season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Greetings from Texas!

Our plane was delayed an hour taking off from Boston. We would have missed our connection in St. Louis, but since it was the last flight to SAT, they waited for the passengers. Other that that it was a nun eventful flight.

My back is aching this morning, from sitting in the uncomfortable seat for so many hours. Will solve itself in a couple of days. Hopefully.

We are having nice warm weather. 72 when we landed last night. I am enjoying it while I can.

Have to run. Will chat some other time. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sitting watchng a volcano movie and at the same time tore and folded then taped pages for a bowl for XXXX GD.  Look!  Did one less fold on each sheet so it gave me wider folds to play with, and only about half a magazine used.  Not exactly a bowl, but still I think she will get a kick out of it and the fact that I made it for her.  Now to get it mod podged a few times and after her mother opens her bowl, I'll give XXX the one I just made for her.  Very happy with myself.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Tt, those look great. I love the one you made it looks like a plant holder. Love the colors, I'm sure GD will LOvE it. I've come down with a cold, so not sure what I'll get down for baking tomorrow. im going to take something and see if I kick this cold.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Hope you woke up feeling better this morning, Winter.  We're definitely getting some kind of storm, I woke up aching all over.  A hot shower will take care of that, plus a Tylenol after breakfast of eggs and toast.

I'm rethinking giving my "flower pot" to XXXX.  It is more colorful, and she and/or her mother might think it prettier because of that.  Don't want to take away from her triumph with the one we made together.  I'll put it aside and show her some other day when she's over.

Gingerbread men on my agenda today, and at least two washes to throw in.  Then go over one more time the poem I wrote to go with a cup pumpkin's mother used to use when she was a kid.  It's got a cute picture of two blackbirds sitting at a table eating grapes - figure now that she has boys of her own, it's time to pass it on.  Amazed that it has lasted all these years through other GDs using it - but she was the one who got the most enjoyment out of the picture.  I bought it for her and always thought of it as her cup.

Got a reply from Fla friend re our Reunite days - didn't realize she is 8 years younger than I.  We used to go to Christmas Eve mass together and then stop back here for wine and cheese and crackers, open our gifts to each other, before she went to her families gathering for the seven fish supper.  I had stockings and presents to get ready here for the kids.  Tells me she has accumulated a small gathering there to go to mass with and supper after.  Tradition.

OK, Cheerio is pestering here around my ankles reminding me of the "tradition" of feeding her as soon as I get up!  "What happened?  I'm still waiting!"

Have a nice Sunday, whomever happens to be reading Chat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

delete/error

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon,

Hope this will find you all well and warm in Boston. Made cookies with DIL this morning. Some shortbread cookies. Delicious. Of course the bakers had to test taste them.

Now getting ready to go out for last minute shopping. Costco and other places. Always fun to visit Costco here, as they have completely different merchandise, than our Boston stores. Like solar panels f. ex.

The weather is lovely. Last night, we ate a la fresca i.i. outside. It is supposed too be cooler next week; only in the 60tieth. 

Tonight we are attending a birthday party for one of DIL's nephews.

tt, I am impressed with your bowl. you are on your way to make yourself some nice pocket money, if you continue. Or some nice gifts as well for next Christmas. Just so you know, you can make different forms as well, while the glue is still wet.

How is everyone in the Kargiver mansion?

Gotta run. Have a good day everyone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, nice to see your posts and know you got there safe and sound.  Glad you weren't involved in any of the terrible weather going on right now.  Warm here today, a lot of snow has disappeared.

Oven is preheating for my gingerbread men.  Baskets are all ready, just waiting for individual family bags of the gingerbread men to be added.

Grey here, but I haven't sat down long enough to hear the weather and see what we are expecting.  Much too warm today for anything but rain.

Have a wonderful time in TX, Pingo and enjoy your holiday.

Hats, hope you had a safe trip too, and will have a wonderful holiday.

Winter and Kargiver, hope you are both feeling better today.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Oh What a weekend we had!!!!One of the best ever. I got all my work done on Friday except for the cupcakes....Zachary came over as DIL had a final to take on Sat morning.....now I don't want anyone to skim read through this next part...so go get a cuppa...and I will wait...believe me...its worth it...Ready?

So...like most boys Zachary likes cars and trucks but he is crazy about choo choo trains. We have a duplo lego set with trains and these are just larger legos intended for his age. Honey is busy setting up the track and says, "We need to put something under here to make it higher"...Zachary looks at Honey with a puzzled face...waives Hello and says,

"Hi ya" 

The funny part is...you don't realize how many times folks in passing say Hi ya...and everytime Honey and I heard.hear it we crack up laughing in hysterics

Other than that...Saturday was my birthday...Honey and I went for a tulle around town..on the motorcycles.....stopping here and there...I felt a little bad because ...When I ride...I do not cosume any alcohol...Honey will have a beer..but folks were trying to buy me drinks and I just can't do it...so that was uncommfortable but we got over it and painted the town fuscia anyway

I am making canoli shells any mocha cakes today...

Hope u all have a good one

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Saturday was your birthday?

And we missed it - every one?

What dunces we were to let to go by

and no birthday song was sung!

We're all so busy with Christmas

both travels and present wrapping -

Forgot to check the calendar,

sing a song, and do some clapping!

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ICER,"

blow out candles, make a wish -

hope your life is filled with laughter,

and there's ice cream in your dish!

Love and best wishes, 

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Gee TT...you are good,,,I didn't have ice cream...but we went out for a lovely dinner and a Dirty Martini...Thank you so much

My Mother is the one...IMO..with the worst Birthday on the planet...Jan 2nd...wew do her parties in July

Sections
Shortcuts