December 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: December 2013

Very cute photos!

Neighbor friend coming in 5 minutes to take me to PT, then DH will get me and take me for another MRI tonight.  I managed to put a roast in; hopefully it will braise to tender yumminess and not get overdone...it's cooking at 225.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hi friends. What a great couple of days. Christmas was wonderful. Got an unexpected wonderful gift from DH in addition to the Kindle to replace the one that broke. I got a Bose wireless speaker. DS loved his 2-1 tablet and Celtics tickets. DH was very happy with the camera accessories. However, my cold got the better of me so i got the roast ready and DH took care of it and the fixings. I still have the cold, but one I go to work tomorrow. 

Tt, it sounds like you had a wonderful day. The story of pumpkin's mom tearing at the cup is so precious. Glad the paper bowl went over well it is very nice and creative. Pingo, sounds like you are having a wonderful time with your son and DIL. Princess, how terrible that your DH got sick on Christmas, but I'm glad you got to see both sides of the family. Hope you can stay healthy. icer, sorry your community has lost a young vet. I saw some of the news coverage and I could tell he was deeply loved. kar, glad you are seeing a PT and hopefully you see results quickly. Hope today's MRI went ok. BG, cute photo of stitches.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

kar and prin, hope your respective medical issues are soon resolved.

all is well here.  Expect to be back on Sunday if all goes as planned.  Merry Christmas to all (we're still partying and the restaurants and radio stations are still playing Christmas music!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Really don't want to be at work today, but I'm the only in my department. hats, glad you are still enjoying the holiday. I listened to Christmas music on the way to work. It's like a ghost town in here today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Back is pinchy this morning - felt it after carrying in turkey box Tuesday (should have opened it up in the trunk and made several trips in, item by item), bothered me a couple of times Christmas, but then yesterday was fine so I thought I'd escaped, but got up out of a chair this morning and there it is at the base of my spine.  Hoping the hot shower (if I can get in!) and stretching while in there, will shift things back into place.  It's the least of anyone else's complaints on here.

Is there enough for you to do in work to make it worthwhile for you to be there today, Winter?  If there was catch up work to be done, it would be a great day with it being quiet.

G.T. is taking down his trees and packing things away for another year.  I emailed him last night to see if they had had a chance to see the photos my GD took of the party.  She does beautiful work, has an eye for capturing the right frame, and they hired her (she's a college student, so glad of the "job") to snap pictures all night.  I know they were anxious Christmas to see them. 

Kargiver, when will you hear from this latest MRI?  They probably want to compare before and after the treatment.  Hope it was a one time twirl/tilt that will take care of those crystals shifting and relieving your dizziness and double vision.  Our bodies do strange things to us sometimes.

Princess, hope your DH is over his bug and feeling better, and that you have no signs of coming down with it.

CT/DC, it was nice to see your nom on the Letter to Mothermitzi thread.  I can understand why you don't post much here, none of us have the real little ones to be able to chat with you about, but still enjoy your posts.

Hats, sounds as tho you are extending the holiday and getting the most out of it.  Will be glad to see you back on the boards on a regular schedule - same for you, Pingo.  Latest weather report this morning says mostly rain Sunday, so hopefully it will be acceptable traveling weather for you both.

OK, I've procrastinated long enough - time to stand up and make my way to the shower.  Getting up out of a chair is when it's fickle and decides whether the disks are staying in or slipping out a little.  Didn't get much done yesterday, so am hoping to clear surfaces a bit more today.  I'll check in later.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I do have some stuff that I can do and I do have a couple of cub neighbors now I can chat with. Hope your back is ok, please be careful getting into the shower. Princess how is your DH today. Kar, hope you are ok. I know you said mornings were bad for you, hope you can check in with us later today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Good morning

had a wonderful holiday here. The girls loved their gifts and played really nicely together all morning. We ended up changing plans mid day because the family whose house we were supposed to go to caught the stomach bug - terrible timing, right!?!? - and canceled that morning. We spoke with the other two families we were gathering with and we decided to go to one of their houses instead. We had a mish mosh of food and ordered Chinese take out, haha. It actually was a lot of fun! We are going to do a make up Christmas this weekend or whenever The original hosts are up for it. 

Kar, I'm worried about you, and thinking of you. Please update if you can. 

Winter I'm sorry u have to work today!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning.  I can't focus well so here is a cut and paste from email I've been repeating this morning.  Thanks for your contintued understanding and thoughts and prayers.

"I'm not faring so well. They found "something" last night in the balance area of my brain and have no idea what it is other than "not cancer" or, get this, IF it's even related.  I'm still in bad shape with no relief other than a marked decrease in the spinning sensation that leads to far less nausea and so I haven't been vomiting, thankfully.  But, the remaining vertigo and double vision is a life altering/wrecking mess and I'm in a panic that I'm stuck this way.  PT did pretty much nothing because it's not simple positional vertigo - the tests they did didn't cause my symptoms to change in the way they should have for it to be that. Plus, they've all said all along that pv doesn't cause double vision, I was just hoping my case was the exception.  Nope.

So, they did find things they can work on like my extremely tight neck muscles that are clearly (by testing) putting pressure on nerves affecting my problem, in PT so I have an appt Thursday there.  And, with a neurologist that afternoon to assess the "something" found in the MRI which might not even be related and to explore other possible causes and solutions.

not sure why some font is big...I didn't do that on purpose.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, hang in there.  They are diagnosing your problem, by process of elimination.  I know it must be terrible for you.  You've had this so long now.  Can you think back to even any slight injury in the last few months?  Any twisting or lifting where you felt pulling in your neck? Maybe any lifting associated with your canning - don't mean to keep harping on that, just trying tp think of things we know you have been working on, that might have shifted a disk or pinched something.  Do I understand your post right that your next appt isn't until next Thursday?  Have they given you any treatments to be trying before then, hot or cold neck compresses?  A neck brace?

Thanks for making the effort to keep us informed of what's going on.  You know we're all including you in our prayers.  A thought (you're probably saying, "Good lawd , not another one!").  I know doctors aren't too fond of chiropracters (at least they weren't when I worked at the hospital), but have they consulted with her and her findings as she worked on you?

I hope you feel you are making some progress.  Don't be afraid to really lay it on as far as how badly you feel and the extent of your symptoms.  I have a feeling you are one to minimize just how badly you feel.  Remember, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" - oh, another thought - have they tried that?  LOL, just kidding.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt and all cc friends, your concern and suggestions are comforting and most appreciated, like virtual hugs that I need so much.  Don't worry about my minimizing my situation; I've burst into tears with everyone I've seen so far.  Yes, it could have been anything; I'll know more on Thursday, hopefully.  But, I don't remember any particular injury and haven't fallen in a very long time (year+).  I haven't seen my chiropractor since I can't drive, but we talked.  He has no ideas outside those that have already been explored.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hello All..we have been very cold here on the South Shore. funeral plans have been made...New Years day for the wake..Then on Jan 2nd...We as citizens will line up Washington Steet for the procession from the church to the cemetary. ...We are taking a picture of his toolbelt and a note he wrote to the crew at my husbands company...actually to the guys " i'll be back"

Kar...I hope there is a solution

TT...I am not sure but I don't think CT/DC has little ones...I thought there were kitties she had...but I could be wrong...wouldn't be the first time

Hats glad u r still partying...we'll see you on Sunday...I am sure

I have a little work to do so I think I will toddle off

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I will leave you in peace now.  Please let us know as soon as you know anything more.  I can't imagine you going on as you are for another week before your next appt.

Perhaps these cheery plants blooming next to my computer will cheer you -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

Kar, my heart goes out to you. What a limbo to live in, and a miserable one too. So sorry, the "crystal twist" didn't help you. I was hoping for at least some improvement. I know you have been going for a long time to your chiropractor, maybe it is all related. Why do you have to wait until next Thursday? That is a very long time for the condition you are in. Hope you get relief soon.

Too bad you had to track into work today, Winter. I can imagine there is very little traffic. Lots of people have taken these two days off, and gone to see relatives.

Sorry to hear your back is bothering you, tt. Could also be weather change. Did you save the turkey carcas for a nice pot of soup? That would help all ails.

We were chilling out yesterday, and salads and soups were on the menu. Nice with something lighter after all the heavy food the previous days. 

Today, we have a couple of errands to do. But otherwise it is great just spending time with DS and DIL. The little one is doing well; she is a "kicker".

Have a good day everyone. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a cheery garden, indeed - thanks :)

I did lose it, Pingp, when the therapist said that's not what it is and the maneuver didn't work.

Maybe it will clear as mysteriously as it has come on in the time before my next appt.  DH is taking care of me and house.

can't read anymore; nausea, but know I'm thinking of you and yours and appreciating all your well wishes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, what beautiful plants those would cheer me up. kar, sorry you have to wait until Thursday, please try to relax as much as you can. Icer, sounds like a wonderful tribute for our town son. Pingo, nice that you are having a relazing time in Texas. Did you feel her kick? DS was a kicker too, doesn't surprise me at all that he's so good at soccer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, Winter, we did feel her little heel. I got goose pimples and teared up. Such wonder!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Just thouht I would share some good news..a Gofundme site was put up for tha family of the fallen soldier Danny...the one I have been speaking of...In 5 hours...they have raised 16,000.00 dollars....thats why I love my town!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How sweet to feel her little heel, Pingo.  Such a happy time.  Won't be long now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That is really wonderful, Icer. I am sure a lot more will trickle in. 

Yes, tt, it was a wonderful feeling. I told her, I loved her already and to be good to her mom, when she decided it was time for her to come out. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, that's wonderful.  You live live in a generous very close knit town.  I'm sure the outpouring of love is a comfort to his parents.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, funny, just this morning I sent an email to oldest son to ask if a turkey soup was simmering yet.  He was the only one who wanted to deal with the carcus, and there was still plenty of meat on it.  I've got to divvie up the veggies and meat in separate meal containers today and get them into the freezer.  Hope I haven't used all my bigger containers up.

For lunch today had some of T.J.'s water crackers with cream cheese, and then some of the fresh cut up fruit from M.B.  Of course I topped off with bits and pieces of sweets.  It's funny, the things you think will really go, were hardly touched - the fresh cut up fruit bowl, for instance.  Vegetarians in our fam, so thought that would go over big.  I was really pleased with the quality of it - was pleased with everything I bought for food this year.  Question:  is it worth my traveling to Middleton to shop M.B. again?  Won't need to make a decision on that for a while.  Determined to eat up leftovers and what's in my freezer before doing a food shopping other than milk and cat food, again.

When do you head for home, Pingo?  Sunday?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

How precious Pingo that you could feel her heel. Icer, what a wonderful community you live in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Reminder for any of you who, like me, write out New Year's Resolutions - it's fast a'comin! Started on mine today.  Always aim for 10, have 5 so far.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hi Kar,

I am keeping you in my prayers. What a scary time for you. In a way it's okay that they saw something on your MRI ( as long as it's not cancer!) At least that sort of gives them something to work with. Can't believe they are making you wait a full week to see the Neurologist. A friend of mine was diagnosed with meniere's disease about 15 years ago or so and she had awful vertigo and vision problems until she started treatment. Try and keep positive. Whatever it is will get fixed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, mc.  The radiologist thinks it's an unrelated, unhelpful finding (despite it being in the area of my brain that controls balance?), but we'll see what the neurologist thinks.  You are the second friend to mention someone's having M's disease...interesting.  Thanks, again.

Sections
Shortcuts