December 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

December 2013

Good Sunday morning,
    Saw your post in November, tt - but we flipped the calender during the night. Hard to believe, we are entering this year's last month.
    Black ice must have been in the early morning hours; it is 41 degrees here right now. But unfortunately raining. Will put some damper on shopping. Not that I have any intentions to do so.
    Just got off the iPad with UK son and his friends in Edinburgh. Such a great invention. Spent an hour chatting with them - and it is free. In the old days, we had to book an overseas call, and then you better be by the phone. It was like waiting for a repairman. Then there was such an echo, that one could hardly hear each other. These days the call goes right through, is so clear and so nice to be able to see each other.
    Had a nice evening last night with friends. Not much planned for today.
    For all of you driving home today, please make it home safely. Looking forward to hear about all your adventures.
    Have a good day everyone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: December 2013

Kargiver is back safely.  Posted in the November thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt - see you guys here tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I'm back safely too...sounds as if you all had good holidays.  Kudo to WB on her son's distinctions.  TT sorry about your candy.  You perhaps should purchase the smei-sweet blocks that are made for melting instead...Kar, glad you made it ok.  We took the TZ both ways and had uneventful rides both times.  We went a bit farther than you did, but seem to have arrived faster! Pingo, hope you are rested and ready for the next holiday.

Not much too tell about the weekend.  Lots of cooling and eating and having fun.  Read a lot too which I had not had time for lately. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad to see you're back safely too, Hats.  What is the TZ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Glad to see both Kar and Hats made it back home safely. Chat tomorrow. I have a doctor's appointment first thing in the morning, but I will be here later.
    Have a good night everyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Glad to see you're back safely too, Hats.  What is the TZ?

Tappan Zee Bridge, as opposed to the George Washington (GW) bridge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Morning all!  Finally got caught up on the posts.  Glad to see everyone had a nice TG, and Kar and Hats made it back safely.

My TG couldn't have been better!  The food from Nellios was devine.  I just got the Turkey, potatoes, stuffing, and ham from there and made all of the vegetables and apps.  The most wonderful thing of all on TG was how my my family (in-laws) pitched in and helped me so much.  My SIL and BIL's GF did almost all of the dishes!  I made me feel so warm inside and thankful that I have such family that is there for me.  The best part is it gave us all time to just sit around and talk and enjoy each other's company.  I am ususally still cleaning up and miss that part, but not this year.  It was truly a wonderful TG.

Unfortunately, strengthwise, I did pay for it for the next few days.  However, it was so nice to have a nice long weekend to recover.  Back at work and ready to go today~!

Have a great day everyone!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Nice to see your post Princess, and to hear you had a great Thanksgiving.  So glad family members stepped up to help.  

My plan this morning is to get out (?) and I have a list a mile long.  As you can see, I'm off to a slow start.  Googling around in B&N trying to decide on books fam members might like, and/or desk calendars to tuck in their baskets - - what baskets??  Still haven't found any.

Wish the gloomy weather would clear up a little, would give me a push to get at least half my list checked off.  I'll check in later, as in - after Y&R.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Did a mrathon shopping at NS Mall yesterday from 10 a.m. until 8:45 p.m., finished with dinner at Cheescake Factory. I'm almost done. tt, there is a very lasrge DSW shoes underneath the Food Court there, where Filene's Basement used to be. 

Glad that everyone had a wonderful weekend. Sorry you didn't get your coat and shoes Pingo, but sounds like you enjoyed a wonderfully long phone call from your DS. Kar and Hats, glad you had an enjoyable weekend with family. sorry you are sick Kar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter!  You're a shopper!  I used to like to do that, get to the stores in the morning, grab something to eat mid day, and then continue on shopping til night or I was done.  Don't have the stamina for that any more, however, you'll be surprised to know that I'm running out again NOW - during Y&R!  Did so well this morning that I just stopped in the house for a bite to eat before running off in the other direction.  My week is filling up, so want to get as much done today as I can.  Besides, my hairdresser told me she's ALL done with her shopping!  Can't stand it.  I have a few small extra things I'm going to order on B&N today when I get home, and try to find some other things today to supplement them.  Chat later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon,
    So raw out today. Just came back from docs' offices. First my hip doc, then for my B12 shot. Hip doc told me to keep exercising and gave me a referral to PT, if the pain got worse and I felt like going. "But truly, they can't do anything for you, you can do yourself". He thinks I might have overdone it during the TG days. Me too trying to shop at the Outlets. "Get off that leg, ice it and rest it." So no Marathon Christmas mall shopping for me like you girls. Fortunately one can do a lot of shopping on the net. He can't give me another shot until the end of January, if I still need it then. Well, it was wonderful as long as it lasted. And especially during the baby shower.
    So happy for you, princess, that your TG turned out well and that your in-laws stepped up to plate. What about your family? Didn't they get inspired seeing everyone else help out? I am glad to hear you praising the ready made cooked turkey from Nellie's. I may go that way, if I have to host another TG. The turkey we had (I believe from MB, didn't ask) was wonderful. So moist and delicious. As good as if I had done it myself.
    Just stopped in for a bite to eat. Now off to the office. Loads will be waiting for me.

Ps. tt, did you notice the felt totes at CTS, I mentioned earlier. 2 for $3.00. Thought they would be great for you to use as baskets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm back.  Hit another store, got 2 more gifts, poked around, but began to shop in a daze, so time to pack it in for the day.  Surprised when I looked at my watch and saw it was only 2:00.

Have an early morning car appt on Weds., and may call my cousin and see if she wants to meet after that for some shopping and lunch.  She lives in back of the N Shore Mall, Winter, so my hope is DSW will give me what I'm looking for in a wearable dressier pair of shoes for this week-end.

Added CTS to my list, Pingo, may hit them coming or going on Route 1.  By now they bags are  probably all gone.  Went into the Paper Store this morning and specifically asked clerk for what I had seen there a couple of weeks ago.  Had no clue what I was talking about and lead me to the other side of the store.  After I picked out the cards I wanted I wandered over to where I was to begin with, and there was the rack with what I was looking for.  Happened to get that clerk at check out and nicely pointed out - Look - here they are -

Nanny friend just interupted with a pkg of cheese cubes leftover from a small gathering she had for her aunt.  We talk on the phone quite often, but seldom get a chance to sit and chat a bit.  She's on the run constantly for her aunt.  Nice to see her.

OK, I'm off again - not out, but for a cuppa and see what Dr. Phil is offering today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, you got it right. A call from either son is warmer than any coat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Got all the post trip laundry done, did the grocery shopping and picked up a few craft supplies and a couple of stocking stuffers.  Need most to make lists so I see what I can fit in when!  Must go turn the calendar page over...made a couple of button friendship bracelets for Girl Scout gifts - maybe I'll make hubby take that job over during Monday night football...made 6 would like another dozen or two...

That pre-cooked turkey is the way to go, I think - got an Easter ham kit from MB one year and it was a great time saver, but I prefer a different menu at Easter than the mash/squash thing - more on the asparagus/green beans/pineapple side.  If I do have to do THX next year will definitely do that or Neillio's.  Thanks for the recommendation, Princess.  Glad someone pitched in to help you - one or two good ones help make up for the rest....

Pingo, take your time and find what you really want.  I'll bet a good coat will last you forever so it's worth being satisfied.  What about LL Bean or another online retailer? 

TT I'm going to join you in a cup of tea and put another Christmas CD on the boom box. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hope there will be some totes left for you, tt. They were really cute. Made out of felt and with felt  Christmas decorations on them. If we were to celebrate Christmas here, I would have picked up some myself. May still do it for next year. But as we will be traveling to TX, I would have to transport them., and we try to travel as light as we possibly can.
    I usually load up our dining room table with paper, bags, ribbons, tape, scissors etc. and leave it all there until the last present is wrapped. When the kids get here, they get busy wrapping there gifts. Usually stuff they have ordered and have shipped here. Our DIL loved that idea, so when we visited for Christmas, she did the same for us. I expect it will be the same this Christmas.
    I hope you find your shoes at DSW. There is also one on Rt. 1 going North - right across the Square One Mall.
    Now whats for dinner tonight? After all that good eating during the holidays, I am out of ideas. I have some butternut squash in the ref. I didn't use. Maybe roasted butternut squash soup. But I am really hungering for some nice fish.
    Have a good evening all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've been munching on some of the cubed cheese Nanny friend brought up, along with a few saltines.  I'll wait another hour for supper, and seeing as I neglected to take out some hamburg, will just have plain macaroni and butter.

An email from C.L. was waiting for me, that the young buck had been there again this afternoon and bolted out of the yard across the street - what would have been across from Nanny's house, at about the same time she left here.  He eats the seed C.L. puts out at the back of  her yard.  She has asked again and again for the town to put up a "warning, deer crossing" sign.  But they refuse.  It's going to take an accident with passengers in a car getting hurt before they move on this.  She's decided to stop filling her feeder in the meantime.

Got a cute outfit for pumpkin this afternoon and a little toy for the toy part of his bro's present.  Had hoped to find an outfit for Lilly but of course everything was pretty well picked over after the week-end.  I'll check in Macy's when I hit the mall at N.Shore.

Pingo, Trader's has some really nice live swags and wreaths as  you go in between their two doors.  I ended up with a small one with bayberries, appropriate to set a candle in the middle of.  Their prices are excellent.  I was standing there, breathing in the fragrance, trying to decide between 3 or maybe 4 different pieces, had this small one in my hand, and I felt a hand on my shoulder - it was my cookie baking GD's other grandmother.  We moved inside out of the way, I still  had the wreath in my hand, so ended up buying that one.  Not sure it was the type of fir with the strongest scent, but Nanny said she could detect a slight scent of pine when she came in.  I'll set it on my kitchen table with a red or green candle in the middle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh if I put all the Christmas wrap on the dining room table we wouldn't have anywhere to eat! Love the idea though. I'm heading out to Hunt's Camera after work to get DH a flash for his camera. He got a new camera in the summer and the flash he has is broken (we both know he won't fix it) so a new one it is. I'll be headed out in about 20 minutes. Not sure what's for dinner maybe steak?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, JC Penney's had lots of cute girl clothes yesterday. ETA: I hope nobody needs to get hurt to get that sign posted, how horrible would that be? Your swag sounds nice, though, I'm allerigc to pine so no live ones for me, but I think it looks pretty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for the tip on J.C. Penney's, Winter.  I never think to go in there, but will when I get over this this week.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just talked with cousin and we will hit the mall stores Wednesday.  I've quite a list in quite a few stores.  Best part will be lunch somewhere.  Maybe I can persuade her into Legal this time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I hear there's a 20% off coupon available at jcp.com

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hats - we also got a ham from Nellios on TG, and it was excellent.  One word of warning - you need to pick it up the day before and the parking lot is a ZOO!  However, they do have a great system where they hire a bunch of high school kids to carry everything out to your car, so that was great!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes Princess, and having a liquor store next door probably doesn't help the traffic at all...but I'll cross that bridge, or Great Road, when I come to it.  Anticipating a change in life and therefore holiday plans is a healthy thing, I hope.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

I hear there's a 20% off coupon available at jcp.com

Good morning, Hats.  Thanks.  Just went in and printed a 15% off in store.  Of course, like Macys there are a list of makers not covered.  Have yet to ever get to use one of Macy's.  Mine are always excluded under the "always good deal" or whatever clause.  Guess I don't shop the "high" end.

Sections
Shortcuts