December 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: December 2013

Thanks, Robin.  I had that vertebra examined and adjusted and got an immediate 75% improvement.  Many times, as explained by every medical doctor I've seen (ER, ENT, PCP) these things "just happen" and they never know what happened even for all their fancy tests and training.  If a chiropactor got me an immediate 75% improvement with one treatment I'll take it over crossing my fingers with traditional, as of yet, totally confounded doctors.  I've been almost 3 weeks down that road, and I was losing hope.  This is exactly why I debated mentioning it at all, but decided it was worth it to let people know where things stand.

hats, nice poem!  

I'm having a happy new year just being able to read and not throw up.  Everything is relative, lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

hats what a nice poem. You too are very talented.

Glad you're felling better Kar, I would probably still go to your Thursday appointment though, just to go and glean any infomration from them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OK, problem @#1.  Greased the cups with margarine and set them in oven to heat - they burned.  A little tip there somewhere I missed?  Took a second muffin pan and put it in the oven to heat without greasing, then took it out and filled half way - nothing's happening yet.

WAIT!  I just peeked in the glass door and I have top hats rising!  Wahoo!  Not even 15 minutes into it yet.  I took out some plain scones, banana muffins, and sugar cookies on a tray as a backup if needed -

P.S.  Nice poem, Hats.  thanks.  I like that we have a completely different style.

PP.S.  I did grease the muffin tins after I warmed them in the oven, and then filled  half way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

A neurological workup never hurt anyone, especially if you have a hx of migraine.

Ps: You would be surprised with what even a few dietary changes can make.

That is why it is a good idea to keep a log, see if there is a connection.

Eta: Visual disturbances are common with migraine, especially ocular migraines.

Again, only a dr can diagnose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I heat up the pan without anything in them, sorry I didn't say that. Glad you have tops coming up though. Hope they turn out ok.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Here comes another new year

two thousand and fourteen -

century the twenty-first

rolls on with lightening speed.

TT's already wished us

the basics that we need

health and love and laughter

and joy in double meed*.

So here's a wish for peace

for nations and at home

let's try to help each other

with advice, 'chat' and poems!

Thanks Hats for the poem and the definition.....I didn't know that one, when I read I try to have a dictionary nearby...sometimes the atlas too.  ss

meed mēd/ noun archaic noun: meed ; plural noun: meeds 1. a deserved share or reward.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Guess they were good - she ate 3 !  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, those look very nice. Did you have one? Was she happy with them?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She ate 3, and kept saying, Mmmmm, I love these.  I ate one just to keep her company.

Was going to jot down how long I baked them at each temp, but now I've forgotten.  I think it was 20 and 10

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Glad they turned out well tt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good night everyone. I'll be at work tomorrow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Those look spectacular, tt!

We'll see how I feel Thursday after doctor-ordered PT and second chiropractic appt right after and go from there.  I'll either be distinctly better, again, at that point or will need to see the 4th doctor.  Thanks, everyone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

thanks, Kargiver.  I'll perfect them with baking a few more times.  Apparently they tasted the way they should.

Hats, did you come up with an appetizer for tomorrow night?  Did you try googling AllRecipes?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT I'll take one of those popovers, they look great!  No appetizer ideas have come to me.  I'm fooded and Christmas-ed out, nothing appeals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The sliced kielbasa in a crockpot with brown sugar for a couple of hours on high - is always a hit here.  I would do up 2 pkgs.  I prefer the beef, but use the turkey (found Butterball finally at Hannafords) because my group seems to be giving up meats except turkey and chicken.  You'd need something else with it, but once it's sliced in thin slices and tossed in, all it requires is a stir every half hour or so.  Lift out with slotted spoon and put in a dish.  Can be served with toothpicks, but I find my group digs in for spoonfuls.  That would be good with toastitos and salsa (easy), maybe some fresh fruit cut up (at M.B. all done for you and a good quality).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thank you, friends, for all the virtual hugs.  I've been in hell, and you've honestly helped by letting me vent and share this hellish saga.  Will check back in Friday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Kar, hope you feel well enough that we will hear from you before Friday!

Tt, I have a confession.  I don't like Kielbasa.  I've made that before because my Dad likes it, but....no.

I have some cream cheese and some cheddar I should use up.  I just don't want to cook - that is why I am crockpotting for the main course.  Hmmm....I will look at a crockpot dip recipe!  good idea, thanks for letting me brainstorm...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How about a chili in the crockpot?  Could be eaten with fork or scooped in dip shape toastitos also.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I'm going to combine refried beans, salsa, grated cheddar and some cream cheese in the crockpot and provide my favorite Scoops chips...yum!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

TT I'll take one of those popovers, they look great!  No appetizer ideas have come to me.  I'm fooded and Christmas-ed out, nothing appeals.

Hats..one appetizer I make that is always a hit are bacon sticks.  Very simple to make. Just a slice of low sodium bacon wrapped around one of those long thin breadsticks ( the crunchy kind). Stella dora sells them but I usually use a different brand the name of which escapes me at the moment.  Anyone then you bake them at 400 until the bacon is cooked. Let them sit for a minute and then serve

Kar.. I am soooo glad you are getting relief...who knew?? Though I can hear my niece's voice in my head. She swears by the chiropractor.. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Testing testing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello friends, I have a terrible time posting. While I hopefully can get in, I want to wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

hats, re appetizer. Try Winter's clam dip. Very good and easy. It is only a can of chopped clams and cream cheese. I will be making my caviar dip for tomorrow evening. It is easy and elegant, but a bit more involved. If you are interested, I would be glad to post my "recipe" - that is if BDC lets me. 

Kar, I am happy you are feeling better, but please keep that appointment with the neurologist. if you need him at a later date, you will have to wait again. Let him give you a clean bill of health and get it over with.

tt, your popovers are perfect. Good job. Went to SAS store and got another pair of shoes - a light winter shoe. DH has never worn them, but he loved them so much, he bought two pair. They have plenty of dressy shoes. The clerk told me, you can call the store you buy your shoes from, and ask them to take them home for you. No obligations. And no cost to the store. They can just return them, if you don't want them.

it is freezing down here - high 30. Glad I have my Boston winter jacket. I saw it will be 2 degrees, when we return late Wednesday.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Good morning..up early preparing food for a potluck at the office today but thought I'd check in and wish you all a very Happy New Year since I will not be back on today or tomorrow.

I hope 2014 brings you all lots of joy, laughter and love.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Cricket you are up early!  The bacon sticks sound wonderful and I will keep them in mind for another, larger, party. I have done bacon wrapped Proscuitto in the past as a cold appetizer.  Happy New Year!

Clam dip - my mother used to make that - same except she added a dash of Worcestershire sauce.  I don't do clams unless they are fried... I'm going to do the crockpot Mexican.  I am going to do all my shopping today - I have to cook a lot for a weekend-long party on Friday but think that Thursday will not be a good day to go to the store.  Hence, I am up so early.  I have a ton of errands today.

Pingo, wish I could have joined you at the SAS store.  Glad you are not coming home on Thursday since snow is predicted.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. hats, I have a very good buffalo chicken dip if you are interested. Pingo, glad you are having a good time. I'll take your 30 degrees, it's 16 here. Kar, hope you get a little more relief today, if I remember correctly your birthday is coming up. tt, I'll be more then happy to taste test your popovers. :)

In case people are off line for the day, Happy New Year!!

Sections
Shortcuts