December Chat 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: December Chat 2010

Oh believe me, bg, I have plenty of "slug" days of my own.  I think the only reason I'm on full gear today is to keep myself from running out doing those errands.  I know if I'm busy doing that tomorrow, I've got to finish up the cleaning/decorating today.  Yeah, Cheerio doesn't have such a hard life, I can hear snores coming from there now as I type!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

love the picture tt : )  here is amber being a slug.  How do they make it look so good!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG is that adorable!!  What comfort we provide them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Ambergirl, How sweet that picture is! I sometimes wonder if animals dream. bg.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes BG, they do!  Amber will be sleeping and all of a sudden her little legs will go flying, like she is running, and she will start barking softly.  It is hysterical to see : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

This is our little Reese on the Christmas card they sent - as you can see she needs a haircut!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh tt, she is a bundle of cute!  reminds me so much of amber when she was a pup and wasn't grey!  LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November,
    I don't think you have to worry about the toothpicks. The balls are soft, the cone is solid(er). The toothpicks will stay in the cone. One really have to pull hard in order to remove them.
    I once made an appetizer ball with chocolate dipped fruit pieces in a similar fashion. I wanted my guests to be able to pull out the pieces with the toothpick, so they had something to hold on to. It didn't work that way. I ended up with a prickly ball. LOL
    Please make sure you take a picture of your art piece, so we can see, how it worked for you. I think it is a grand idea. Send it to Martha Stewart.
    Also, maybe you can sift a bit of powdered sugar over them, just to make an illusion of snow. Don't overdo it though, just a bit on the top of each piece,like falling snow. If you can find a tiny star somewhere, or maybe just make one out of stickers or cut one out of some gold paper, it would be a very impressive centerpiece.
    Hope you don't mind if I steal your idea at some point- Pingo
    In Response to Re: December Chat 2010:
    [QUOTE]Yes, Pingo, a styro-cone should work.  I had considered holding them together with toothpicks, but was afraid the little ones wouldn't realize to take them out and would bite into them.  But with the cone, they could just pull them off.
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    I am so glad GT is getting better by the day. Just hope it will stay that way, while visiting the Carolinas.
    Only one thing of my concern, are we going to miss his Christmas poem?
    Please tell him, that can't happen - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think a Christmas poem is the furthest thing from his mind right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You are probably right. Maybe he will surprise us - Pingo

[QUOTE]I think a Christmas poem is the furthest thing from his mind right now.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm also thinking of all your families and concerns; I don't mention it enough, but you are in my prayers. 

Had a wonderfully successful day of wrapping, packing, and shipping all the presents and cards with Gracie's precious mug in front of the fire.  And, this year, I didn't have to put extra postage on the packages to get them there by Christmas!

Those are adorable photos of our dear "slugs."  Gracie is following suit right now, you guessed it, in front of the wood stove.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemoncoke. Show lemoncoke's posts

Just remember to cover the styro cones with aluminum foil!  My Taste of Home magazine shows one made of chocolate truffles, rolled in red and green sugar, different jimmies, etc.  At first glance I thought "someone did the munchkin tree!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Lemon, thanks for the tip with the foil.  I am making Oreo truffles this weekend, maybe I should get myself a cone and a box of toothpicks. Great idea - Pingo

[QUOTE]Just remember to cover the styro cones with aluminum foil!  My Taste of Home magazine shows one made of chocolate truffles, rolled in red and green sugar, different jimmies, etc.  At first glance I thought "someone did the munchkin tree!"
    Posted by lemoncoke[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Munchkin trees all around!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wonder if I could think of a savory version.   I'd love to do a tree, but I'm on the hook for an appetizer for Sunday.  Maybe bacon wrapped something or others stuck in the tree...???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    I hope you can come up with something. It would be awesome, if we are all making "trees" this Christmas - what a special way to connect.
    But for one thing, I don't think warm aps will work well, especially if you have to transfer them, and I can't see you doing your tree at the host's home.
    I will put my head in the "thinking bowl" for you - and try to come up with an idea. In the mean time go get your cone and toothpicks. - Pingo
    [QUOTE]I wonder if I could think of a savory version.   I'd love to do a tree, but I'm on the hook for an appetizer for Sunday.  Maybe bacon wrapped something or others stuck in the tree...???
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Kar, don't you make a cheese ball app?  How about doing that in mini-meatball size on the tree with crackers around the bottom.  Then each ball would be  a serving to taken and put on a cracker? 

ETA:  As I posted, I got a vision in my head of a Cheez-ball tree.  You know the bright orange crunchy ones?  LOL - not what I mean. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November,
    I was kind of thinking in the same lines. Mini cheese balls covered with walnuts or dipped in a green herb - just for Christmas. Stick in Cranberries on a toothpick in between, and you will have a decorated tree. The star could be made of a star fruit or just the good old pineapple. Could be done way ahead of time and kept refrigerated. 
    Another idea I had was a "shrimp tree", with curls of lemon slices all tucked in. Just put a bowl of cocktail sauce next to it for dipping.
    Even a tree with different kind of cheese cubes would be nice. Again stick in something else, as a way of decorating it. Olives black and/or green would be nice. I know my guests love olives - especially my marinate ones. All very elegant aps.  Just a different way of serving it.
    If I come up with something else, I will post it. - Pingo

Haha! November - you cheeseball tree? Maybe for your son's b-day party. But then again, not worth your effort. It will be distructed in seconds. But you did give me a chuckle this morning. LOL

[QUOTE]Kar, don't you make a cheese ball app?  How about doing that in mini-meatball size on the tree with crackers around the bottom.  Then each ball would be  a serving to taken and put on a cracker?  ETA:  As I posted, I got a vision in my head of a Cheez-ball tree.  You know the bright orange crunchy ones?  LOL - not what I mean. 
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great ideas, I knew I could count on you ladies!  I could use a small melon baller to get solid cheese balls of different varieties:  cheddar (gold and white), munster, pepper jack (red and green flecks!) and pepperoni (folded in quarters and stabbed) and green olives with red pimentos would be pretty, and they can be room temp no problem.  I could even carve a cheddar star for the top!   I think it's decided.  I can just see it in my mind!    Now, off to find a styrofoam tree...none nearby.  Nothing nearby, LOL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Aha, Kar!
    You had better ideas than I. Your "tree" sounds just lovely. And I am sure it will be a hit. Only thing, I wouldn't worry about cutting the cheese into balls. Too much waste for such an expensive product. I would just cut them in cubes. Often people look for something salty at a party serving cocktails. And yours will be it. Loved the pepperoni idea. Would never thought of that. We should all write MS, since we have much better ideas. LOL
    Hope to see a picture of the final "art piece". It will be such a hit - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

There wouldn't be a scrid of waste, believe me!  (burp!)  ;)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Haha, don't forget cheese is fattening.

[QUOTE]There wouldn't be a scrid of waste, believe me!  (burp!)  ;)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, don't I know it!  Embarassed  It's my weakness.  I would get cheese I don't like (my plan for Halloween candy), but it's impossible - I like it ALL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celia2. Show Celia2's posts

pingo - I saw this article and thought of you. hope that you find it helpful.
    http://www.massaudubon.org/Nature_Connection/attractingbirds.php

Sections
Shortcuts