December Chat 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: December Chat 2010

Oh, Kar - what a dear friend you must be. How unselfish you are. But my thoughts are, why in the world, would your friends even be thinking of hosting a Christmas dinner, when their house is not completed?

I am so enjoying to have my son at home. Chatted for hours last night. I needed that. The only one have been able to talk to for the past two weeks at home are my Chickadees. Kind of worries me, am I being THAT old?

Haven't heard from tt today. Hope all is well there. Worries me, she is always on the Chat bright and early. tt, will you please chime in? If nothing else, just to hello, I am fine?

Waiting for son to get ready. He is a night worker. Works on his servers, when no one else are using them. Can't shut down an office for the day, so he does his magic at night.

Stay warm everyone and watch out for the slippery roads - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Everyone be careful in the snow.  Thanks for all the updates.  I'm swamped at work as I can not go back for a minimum of ten days.  My surgery is scheduled for Thursday morning and they told me I'd be able to go home at 2 that afternoon.  Thank you also for the prayers and good wishes they are greatly appreciated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, I have to admit that I do get some selfish joy out of simply spending time with them, but thank you for your kind thoughts!  They are "ends of the earth" kind of friends, and life goes by so fast.  Any excuse is a good one to get together.  They have been planning to host Christmas all year.  Their house was supposed to be done months ago.  The schedule crept out of control a little bit more every day and suddenly, it was too late, but no other plans have been made.  And, their baby is almost one so they are intent on having "baby's first Christmas" at home.  So, we're going to make it work! 

Why is it strange to enjoy being up late chatting with DS?  I think it's those special times that give life its joy.

Hoping all is well with tt, too.

~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celia2. Show Celia2's posts

bg - walking cats on a leash is an adventure. I would say that is more wandering behind the cat while the cat explores the yard than it is actually walking the cat. The trick is to get the harness tight enough so that if the cat springs at something that the harness doesn't slip off. I have one cat that likes to wander and tries to slip off the harness each time. And another who takes a only few steps before sitting on the grass just enjoying the outside. I do have a neighbor that is actually able to walk her cat down the street like you would a dog. First time that I have ever seen that happen.

Our cats love sitting on the grass. I'm actually thinking of buying a piece of sod next spring and putting it in a tray on the porch so that the cats can lie down on it or graze from it. Never had luck in buying grass plants - they all seem to be too flimsy for cats to graze from. (Yes, my cats are spoiled.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I hope you didn't do too much damage Amber.  Is it feeling any better?  You might need an evening of rest with ibuprofin and a heating pad.

Kar, what a nice gift of time and assitance to your friends. 

I am waiting for the other shoe to drop as they say.  I finished bows and nametags last night and feel all caught up - so much so, that I am convinced I have missed something.  I do have to pick up stocking stuffers, and hit the grocery store for my holiday cooking/baking, but I knew that.  Oh well... I guess I'll find out soon enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

All is well with tt - just got in and Mystic pizza is in the oven.  Cleared car and driveway this morning and then took off for errands to be done around town.  Bought liquor in local packi and ran into a schoolchum of youngest son's, who hadn't heard he had had a heart attack.  Chatted quite a while there.  Then decided to take a drive to Costco and from there to M.B. in Middleton, where by that time I was soooo hungry, my purchases consisted of mostly, pizza, chocolate donut holes, sugar and cinnamon donut holes, rasp and lemon danish!!!!  Bad, bad bad.

Glad your Tx son arrived safely, Pingo.  Now we'll keep fingers crossed for your husband and other son not to run into any bad weather that will affect their flights

Winter, you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow, and you can visualize and smell the aroma of gingerbread men (a double batch) baking, along with some of the little running gingerbread men from the cutter I bought this year.  Anyway, thinking of gingerbread men and imagining their aroma would be a good thing, I would think as you go under for the surgery.  Only trouble is, when you wake up and realize there are none, someone may have to run out and buy a couple!  Nothing wrong with that!

Timer just went off, but I pushed it ahead for another couple of minutes, like the crust a little browner.  Think I just might pop open one of those beers I bought today too.  Chat later.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am fine November but thank you for your concern, very sweet.  I did take some tylenol at work and will take Ibuprofin when I get home.  It is just a pulled muscle, more irritating than anything.  Cannot believe Christmas is in 4 days!  I am all set, just going to Stop & Shop after work to pick up my perishiables.  Love Christmas Eve.  DD is staying home this year for a change, so looking forward to that : )  I am giving her money for a laptop (would rather her pick it out) so hopefully I can steal it and say hello to everyone on the weekends  : )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds like a good, good, good lunch, tt!  Mmmmmm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Along those same lines, I pass along this email I just received.  Sorry if it offends anyone, I thought it was hilarious - seems to fit right in with my philosophy!
    CALMNESS IN OUR LIVES

I am passing this on to you because it definitely works, and we could all use a little more calmness in our lives. By following simple advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace. Dr Phil proclaimed, "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished."

So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream, a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, a box of chocolates, and a half bottle of scotch.

You have no idea how freaking good I feel right now.
    Pass this on to those whom you think might be in need of inner peace.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

LOL!!  Love that tt!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

That's funny TT!  I could finish off that Mystic Pizza.  Those are so good!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, sounds like a good lunch as well. I will be on chat tomorrow, my suregery is Thursday and now I want a gingerbread man. I had hoped to try out your recipe and make them this year, but sadly I won't be doing much of anything.  Glad you are feeling better amber.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

HILARIOUS, tt!!!  Thanks for the laugh - I needed it right about now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

TT, HAHAHAHA, SO Funny! You made me laugh out loud with that post, and you have no idea how that brightened my somewhat anxious day. I am so fortunate for these posts . Smilebg

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Oh,and I am so in need of inner peace. Laughter really is a great med..bg

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Very funny, tt. Thanks for sharing - P

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I just bought all the beer and wine for Christmas dinner, and I'm about to crack one open (quality check, you know?) as I fix dinner.  Cheers!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

bgCheers Kar!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mm, it wasn't what I expected, but it was delicious, a nice crisp IPA.  I thought it would have more seaonal spices, but I do love a good pale ale no matter what the season.  The biggest seasonal part of this brew, however, was the festive label, LOL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    did you ever find that special Sam Adam's beer? I think it is called Infinium or something like that. - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I found it online, but not in the stores.  I will make a more concerted effort, though, when I know my friends (the ones I'm helping tomorrow, actually) are coming here for dinner.   That beer only comes in bottles big enough to share!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So, before I get going on my day, will check in.  Don't plan on leaving the house today, but to get right to making the plum pudding, gingerbread men, and finish bagging the baskets.  That along with copying some of my recipes onto recipe cards for a granddaughter's basket, will keep me plenty busy - and "you never know" (Loretta LaRoche) I might just end up running out for this or that.

Thought of you and your dau last night, bg, as I sat finishing up a piece of needlework I'm making as a gift.  TV was on, and I was sitting in Cheerio's spot on the couch under the light, and it was so relaxing.  Has your dau ever tried embroidery?  There's something about the rhythm of the even stitches that just mellows me out.  I never use the colors suggested, but pick my own array from the embroidery threads.  Since I can't draw or paint anything original, this is my form of artistry.  Michael's has a nice assortment of pieces to do, and the tools of the trade are inexpensive.  If you do pick her up anything to try, get a very simple, uncomplicated stamped design that will work up fairly quickly, i.e. a few flowers. - Just a thought for some future activity should she want to give something else a try.

Off the computer now, after answering a couple of emails.  If I let myself I can get stuck running back and forth here - not today - Christmas calls!  Have a good one everybody.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, tt!  I've done crewel, but not for years.  I remember enjoying it and doing it when I was about 10, but, mysteriously, I don't have anything I ever made.  (My mom married a nut that we literally escaped from when I was 15 leaving all our things behind so maybe that's what happened to that stuff - I really don't remember.)  I found it relaxing, too.  More so than crochet which I usually don't find relaxing because I've left the project I need to do 'til the last minute and I'm in a panic staying up 'til all hours not even taking a break to pee to finish it on time!  NOT relaxing, LOL.

I'll be offline for the day - going to our friends' to clean in a few minutes.  DH packed them a care package of butternut squash and onions from our garden.  :)

Have a great day, everyone,
    ~kar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Last day for me before the surgery.  All shopping is completed; all I have to do is wrap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter I will be thinking of you tomorrow....  Good luck and since I won't be back on the boards until next Tuesday after tomorrow, let me wish you a very Merry Christmas!