December Chat 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: December Chat 2010

tt, sounds like you are all set for a lovely afternoon. Wish I could say the same.
    As for my gluewine, there is hardly any alcohol left, after you simmer it. I do wish you would try it some time. It is such a lovely and festive Christmas drink on a cold winter day.
    Hope your gathering is a success. I don't doubt it will be.
    How is your "milestone" son doing? Must be lovely in the Carolinas today. I had frost on my feeder this morning, but the birds didn't care. The bb is still working well. Only problem is, that the water evaporates in this cold weather - so I need to fill it up more. But it is a lot better than chipping ice. I guess one cannot have it both ways.
    Chat later - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Hi everyone, Winter, My God, you're getting hit from all sides! I am so sorry, and hope so much everything works out well. Please keep posting, and let us knowhow everything is going. I wish I could do something to help. bg.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh no Winter!  The injuries just keep coming around here.  It must be serious to get you into surgery so quickly.  I hope you're not in a lot of pain.  Focus only on getting better.  You can sign for the house with your leg in a brace, and I'm sure DH would carry you down the asile if he had to. 

TT - have a wondeful visit with your girlfriends. You can never go wrong with ice cream in my book.  Can't wait to see the tree all decorated.

Some work friends invited me along to an impromtu gathering after work yesterday, so I did not get the "Santa" wrapping done as I had planned. I might have to make a long night of it tonight, as DS is coming Tuesday to stay through New Year's!  Can't wait!

Oh, and puppy (sorry I talk of him so much), who hasn't so much as looked at the tree in the two weeks it has been up, stole a candy cane off of it and started eating it when I was in the shower this morning.  Wish I had taken a picture of him chewing on it - too cute to get mad - but, I had to get ready for work AND clean his sticky paws.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

T.t , I know you will have a great time with you're friends. Why is it that when I read this post lately, I'm hungry, and feel the need to decorate more?  Take care,bg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Candy Canes, I knew I forgot something Novemberbride!bg

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Candy Canes, I knew I forgot something Novemberbride!bg

Put them up high -  wouldn't want JD to catch a case of the sticky paws!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I forgot the candy canes as well.  I requested the surgery so soon as I don't want to be on crutches or a knee brace for the wedding or honeymoon.  There is still no guarantee but the doctor said the sooner the better if that is your goal. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

That was smart, and lucky that they could get you in that quickly.  I hope Santa brings you some pretty PJs to wear as you recover.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemoncoke. Show lemoncoke's posts

Dear Winter, here's my best wishes for a quick recovery!  And, in the words of the song, I hope you dance!

Must go and wire the ivy I picked from the back yard into chains to decorate all the mirrors in my house.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Here's the table set for our lunch - nothing like my son's fancy setting.  Took a pic of the girls decorating the tree, but you can't see too much of the tree, so I'll take one tomorrow and post it.

We had a great time.  Girls will be relieved that I didn't post their ar**s online!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That sounds lovely, Lemon. A picture by any chance? - Pingo

In Response to Re: December Chat 2010:
    Dear Winter, here's my best wishes for a quick recovery!  And, in the words of the song, I hope you dance! Must go and wire the ivy I picked from the back yard into chains to decorate all the mirrors in my house.
    Posted by lemoncoke

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That looks so festive tt!  So happy you girls had fun : )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just snapped one in the dark room and this is how it came out -

Looks like a bunch of kids decorated it! - Well????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Very pretty TT - both your table and your tree.  Warm and inviting!  Bravo!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, your tree is lovely - why be so modest? Looks like a bunch of kids decorated it? Well, aren't we all becoming kids at Christmas time?
    And I agree with November, your table arrangement looks so warm and welcoming. I think is is such a wonderful tradition to get your friends together like this for Christmas. Wish the bunch of us could do the same. I think we know each other better than so many other friends.
    Looking at your pictures, I got a great idea from you. I always fill my tartlets and they get soggy so quickly. Looks like you have your guests fill them themselves. What a neat idea.
    How did they like their baskets? Hope they appreciated them with all the effort you put into them.
    Where was Cheerio, did she hide? I would have loved to see her in front of the tree.
    - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, such a lovely table and festive, pretty tree!

Sorry haven't joined in today; Winter, sorry you are facing surgery for an injury worse than you thought.  You must be in considerable pain to have torn those ligaments.  Bless you!

~kar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for the tree/table comments.  There'll be some more re-decorating done tomorrow - DIL just called and she and little Lilly are coming down.  I'll see if I can get Lilly to fill in some of the blank spaces.

We didn't open our gifts - these are just gift bags we fill for each other.  I wasn't quite satisfied with my finds for them, so ended up putting a gift card from specific stores they each frequent in with the other things I had picked up.  Felt better doing that.

Would have had enough leftover for lunch tomorrow, but it tasted so good, I ate half of what was left for supper.  And,I can highly recommend Friendly's ice cream roll.  Yum.

Called G.T. Thursday, his birthday, and they had left the house at 6:30 and at 3:00 were stranded in Charlotte.  First plane had to turn back because of engine trouble, which made they 1/2 hour late, just enough to miss their connection to Ashville.  Now in Charlotte cancellations began to appear all around them because of snow in Ashville and surrounding communities.  They were hoping for flight out at 4:30.  Let's hope he had no pain because he had packed his pain meds in the checked in bag, not wanting to take a chance of being stopped for carrying on a drug. - That baggage was on some other plane, who knows when it reached Ashville.  At least they've changed the forecast for snow here Sunday.  So, I know they'll get home OK.  In the meantime, hope they are having a wonderful time.  I know there'll be lots of pics taken, and if any specific great ones, I'll share.

P.S.  Cheerio was in her glory - she loves company.  At one point after lunch when we were sitting in there, she jumped up under the tree - just wanted to be part of the group!  I did try to snap a pic but one of the soldier ornaments kept getting in the way, blocking her pretty face.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh tt,
    Cheerio under the tree? What a lovely photo. I for one would have just loved to see it.
    I am so sorry, your boys had such a bad time to get to where they wanted to be. Hopefully it will be a lesson for GT, to never ever check in medication. I always carry mine in my carry-on in a see-through zip-lock bag. Never had a problem as long as my name is on the bottles. I am truly sorry he had to go through this. Just hope he was not in any pain. Hopefully they will have a great time w/o any "milestones".
    I am sure you must be looking forward to have Lilly visiting. She will enjoy all your decorations - especially the ice skating rink.  I  remember those from days past - always loved it - could just sit there watch it for hours.
    Best to you my dear. I am still struggling running a busines and still prepare for Christmas. Hopefully this weekend, I will have everything in a much better shape.
     - Pingo

In Response to Re: December Chat 2010:
    Thanks for the tree/table comments.  There'll be some more re-decorating done tomorrow - DIL just called and she and little Lilly are coming down.  I'll see if I can get Lilly to fill in some of the blank spaces. We didn't open our gifts - these are just gift bags we fill for each other.  I wasn't quite satisfied with my finds for them, so ended up putting a gift card from specific stores they each frequent in with the other things I had picked up.  Felt better doing that. Would have had enough leftover for lunch tomorrow, but it tasted so good, I ate half of what was left for supper.  And,I can highly recommend Friendly's ice cream roll.  Yum. Called G.T. Thursday, his birthday, and they had left the house at 6:30 and at 3:00 were stranded in Charlotte.  First plane had to turn back because of engine trouble, which made they 1/2 hour late, just enough to miss their connection to Ashville.  Now in Charlotte cancellations began to appear all around them because of snow in Ashville and surrounding communities.  They were hoping for flight out at 4:30.  Let's hope he had no pain because he had packed his pain meds in the checked in bag, not wanting to take a chance of being stopped for carrying on a drug. - That baggage was on some other plane, who knows when it reached Ashville.  At least they've changed the forecast for snow here Sunday.  So, I know they'll get home OK.  In the meantime, hope they are having a wonderful time.  I know there'll be lots of pics taken, and if any specific great ones, I'll share. P.S.  Cheerio was in her glory - she loves company.  At one point after lunch when we were sitting in there, she jumped up under the tree - just wanted to be part of the group!  I did try to snap a pic but one of the soldier ornaments kept getting in the way, blocking her pretty face.
    Posted by toytrumpet

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Travel troubles are so frustrating and exhausting!  Sorry to hear of all the plane issues.  Ugh!  Mm, I always carry medication on me, too.  You never know.  Your bags could end up in Timbuktu for goodness knows how long.

Ladies, I have a confesstion.  My savory appetizer tree might not be happening.  I'll have to make quite a trip somewhere to get a form.  BUT, if there is a craft shop near or in the Solomon Pond Mall, it's still a go.  I'll be there tomorrow.  If it doesn't happen, I'll be making a cheddar bacon ball I found here: Cheddar Bacon Ball

Good night,
    ~kar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

There's a Michaels across from TJ's in Shrewsbury. Not exactly near Solomon Pond, but not very far out of the way either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, RFBF!!  I'd totally forgotten about that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Whenever I know little Lilly Bug is coming, I try to put out litte hidden treasures that she might come across.  She gets such a kick out of finding things, she'll come and whisper to me, "Nana Nana, do you know what's in the other room?"  If I were a child what more would I like than to come across little Hedgie the Hedgehog, with his basket cover off, and it filled with holiday wrapped Hershey's kisses.  So, he's left my computer desk (I'll miss his smiling face) and now sits on the tree skirt under the tree.  I'm going to pretend I don't know how he got from my computer to in under the tree, "unless he knew you were coming, Lilly, and wanted to be sure and see you.  He's been kind of lonesome just sitting on my computer desk all day."  Now I'll just have to hope she doesn't fall in love with him, or much as I hate to, I'll have to send him home with her!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh tt, what a sweet Nana you are. I am sure you will have a lovely time with Lilly. She will be so delighted with all the other decorations, that you will be able to keep you Hedgehog (hope so). If anything - I would think, she would want the skaters. Just realized, I have know you before she was even born. Wow!

I was to glad to see they changed the snow predictions on Sunday/Monday. TX son is coming Monday afternoon. I would have one of my guys go and pick him up, if I couldn't do it, but I would hate for him to get stuck somewhere just like GT. Did you hear from them? Did GT get his meds?

Will use this sunny day to do some errands. I am getting nervous. I asked the butcher on Wednesday, "Where are my Christmas ducks?"  He told me he had ordered them and they would be here by Thursday. Haven't seen them yet. Turkey just don't do it for us at Christmas.

Enjoy your day with Lilly - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, I'm sure we're both relieved about the change in forecast for Sunday snow.  Haven't heard from G.T., but then really didn't expect to.  I'm sure they eventually got there and are having a wonderful time.  They love to walk a city, so hope the snow hasn't slowed them down.

Bundle up this morning, I just ran down to fill the gas tank and to stop by the ATM, and it is COLD.  Talked with DIL to let her know I was running out in case no car was in the yard when they got here, and that household is running on SLOW this morning.  She said Lilly, who comes up and sleeps with Nana and Papa on week-ends, had just gotten up.  I'm such an early bird getting around, that it always mystifies me that others sleep in.  Gave me time to run upstairs and put together a bag of snowmen for Lilly to take home and decorate Nana's with.  Over the years have accumulated a lot of them - sold a couple at my yard sale, but still don't really have space to put them out.  I can hear my son now when they get home - "I told you not to come home with anything from my mother's.  She's always getting rid of stuff by sending it home with one of us!"  True, but my DILs don't seem to mind!

Do you order your ducks at S&S?  You mention the "butcher", and I never have been on a "butcher" term with anyone there.  Of course, now with my family grown and gone, I seldom buy any kind of a roast or large piece of meat.

Well, seems as tho it's going to be a while before company arrives, so guess I'll throw a towel wash in, then sit and have a second cup of coffee.  Have a productive day if you hit the stores.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, what is that saying - "Idle hands are the devil's work" - or something like that?

Just peeked in the gifts from my 3 friends.  Only 1 part of one of the gifts I didn't open because that was separately sealed, but I'm pretty sure it's a puzzle.  I don't feel bad about peeking - at all!  NOW, I'll go throw the towel wash in.

Sections
Shortcuts