December Chat 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

December Chat 2010

I just love December..Don't you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: December Chat 2010

What is your avatar, Icer?  It looks like something to eat, one of those towers of round dough balls dripping with that syrupy mixture??  Or is it just that I haven't had my breakfast yet, am starving, and everything looks like food to me?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  tt, I too wondered what Icer's avatar was.  So we signed the P&S on the house last night and it looks like the closing is the 29th. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Congratulations, Winter.   Wishing you lots of happiness and good fortune with your new home.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Congratulations, Winter. May you have many wonderful years at your new home. Exciting year coming up for you.

As for Icer's avatar, to me it looks like a Christmas tree made out of pine cones. But it could also look like a folded umbrella. Oh no, knowing Icer, I believe it is one of those hanging peanut, seed or suet thingies for the birds. Maybe we should have a small guessing competition: What is on the picture of Icer's avatar? LOL

- Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Its a croquembouche..Its is a tower made of cream puffs. It has a very rich history.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So, I win.  Saw one of those on the food network challenge - "one of those towers of round dough balls dripping with that syrupy mixture".
    What do I win????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh cream puffs.... :) Thanks for the well wshers tt and Pingo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, I'm going out, but I'll leave the back door open so you can leave my prize - one of those towers would be nice - - - -

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Congratulations, tt!
    Now we can make another challenge: How may cream puffs in that tower?

How is the toytrumpet family this morning? Are the kidney stones behaving? Not a good thing to endure just before Christmas. If I remember correctly, their Christmas tree display was last year, so at least GT do not have to worry about that. Hoping for continued improvement. - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Your prize tt, is the honor of guessing it correctly the first time. No need to leave the back door open. Too cold anyway today. - P

In Response to Re: December Chat 2010:
    [QUOTE]Icer, I'm going out, but I'll leave the back door open so you can leave my prize - one of those towers would be nice - - - -
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, glad to hear your hopeful health report.  Am praying G.T.'s spot is nothing to be concerned about.  Could just be an infection, but I wonder why they'd wait 10 days to examine it further and treat immediately...concerning.

I was successful at Target (Pier 1 and Kohls were busts for our taste), finding fairly plain but pretty shatter proof balls in 50 packs - exactly what I was looking for.  One red (the last pack!), one gold.  And, I found a red/gold table cloth and gold napkins.  I used all the sparkly balls in the packs to fill the fruit bowl and large vase to make centerpieces for the kitchen island and dining table.  (I made the angel tree topper and snow flakes.)

I'll post pictures later - this has been sitting here while I've been decorating for 2 hours!

Blessings,
    ~kar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Congrats Winter..
    yes TT leave the back door open..I'll whip one up and send the elves right over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy December Chatters!  I couldn't believe how warm it was when puppy and I hit the park this morning.  What a treat!

Icer - Mmmmm... a tower of cream puffs.  C'est Magnifique!

TT - your description has my wheels turning to make one out of munchkins for DS and my neices for Christmas morning.  Hmmm... might have to to give that a try.

Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

tt, you are too funny but what a great guess!  I am happy things are looking good for your sons.  Pingo, looks like over 200 cream puffs to me.  Yum, making me hungry : )  Kar, too funny, I have a bowl on my kitchen table that I fill with sparkling bulbs too.  DD thought that was such a great idea.  Have a great day everyone and stay dry as the rain is coming late this afternoon.  Hopefully after I get home.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    Target is so good for so many things - truly. However, a few weeks ago I bought 3 sweater tops, and the first time I washed them, only my nieces 3 year old twins could wear them. Took them back and got my money back, but why such a hassle?
    I have bought many glass ornaments there,  and they are still doing well.
    But of course I do not have a pet any longer. Good luck with yours.
    Your theme of red and gold sounds lovely. I store my seasonal decorations in plastic boxes (bought at Target). I have spring, summer, fall and Christmas boxes. Now, when we pick up the Christmas boxes, my fall decor will go into those. And when we are tired of Christmas, we will bring up the Spring boxes and the Christmas decorations will be put to rest in those. Circle of life.
    So anxious to see your tree topper. The star we have had for "forever" burned out on us. For a couple of years we have been trying to find one like it - no such luck.
    Have to get ready for my mamo. Have a great day decorating - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Good morning all! Winter,Congrats! You will have such a great time making the house into your "Home". T.t., I'm thinking for the best for G.T. It is so stressful when someone you love is having medical problems. It certainly put things into perspective.Congrats on your guess for Icers Avatar, the backround confused me as to what it is. Kargiver, Happy decorating! D.D. can't wait to start our decorating/decking the halls. Well, off to pull the ornaments out ofthe attic. Take care bg

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter I forgot to say congratulations!  How wonderful and I know you will have many years of happy memories in your new home : )

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Icer, bg and Amber for the congratualtion wishes.  Novembride, I appreciated your comment about the P&S.  I was going to ask if you were a lawyer. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

266 that's what I guess - 266!
    I realize that is a lot of cream puffs for even me to eat, so I'll accept a smaller version, Icer.  My mouth is watering already.  Novembride, that's a great idea of a tower of munchkins - I may just do that for my mid morning Christmas spread too, if Icer doesn't come through with one for me.

Yes, Pingo, last year was G.T.'s Christmas party, so this year it will be only one tree they'll set up.  Not feeling too good this morning, pill to help move stones along makes him nauseated and pill to curb nausea makes him dizzy.  Hope this whole thing "passes" (excuse the pun) soon.  They have plans to go to the Carolinas to stay at some gorgeously decorated Vanderbuilt mansion, I think it is, a week before Christmas.  They've been talking about doing this at Christmas for a couple of years now.  A shame to have these stones spoil that.

Hit Marshall's and the Dollar Tree this morning and did quite well.  Got little Lilly a couple of things I know she'll love, a Princess Hideaway Hut, and a game, "Let's Go Fishing".  Picked up some little things for baskets too.  Youngest son stopped by with pics he took of a deer (and a coyote) up in the back woods.  He picked up a Fancy Nancy doll for me to give to his dau, so that's another biggie I can check off.  It's 9 and 10 year old boys that I have a problem buying for.  I was telling him I even find it hard to find stuff for his 10 yr. old's stocking fillers.  When my boys were little, it was so easy, Matchbox cars, Silly Putty, invisible paint books - - -his 10 yr. old has even outgrown the action figures.  They are all grown up too young these days.

Can hear the rain hitting the windows.  Glad I got out early this morning.  Bought a beautiful black with red poinsettias small area rug in Marshall's too.  Placed that right on top of my l.r. area rug.  Cheerio loves it, has stretched out, reaching her paws to one corner, while her hind legs reach the diagonal one!  She smiled as it to say, "Thanks, Ma".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Reading your post, Amber - don't the cats paw the bulbs out of the bowl?  Or, do you have well behaved cats that don't jump up on the kitchen table?  Shhhh, don't let Pingo hear that I said that, she has a thing about cats on counters, tables, etc. so even tho they're Cloroxed a couple of times a day, I'd never be able to invite her here for a cuppa, 'cause my cat is everywhere.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

They actually don't try to get the balls tt..  but when I have flowers on my kitchen table, all bets are off! they know they are not suppose to get on the table or counters, but I caught them both when I had flowers for Thanksgiving on my table that my DD friend bought me.  More than once too.....  as soon as they seen me, they take off, so I know they are aware they are being naughty : )  I'm sure they go on my counters and table when I am not home, but I will remain blissfully unaware....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, Winter!  Enjoy - it truly looks like a lovely home.

Here are some photos of the kargiver Christmas decorations, as promised. :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Beautiful Kar!  Makes me want to hit up Target for some sparkley ornaments! I love the angel.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Beautiful pics, Kargiver.  See one of your crocheted doilies on the table, did you make the angel too?  I missed that in your post, if you did.  Spectacular job decorating the tree.

Sections
Shortcuts