December Chat 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: December Chat 2010

tt, adorable photo!

Speaking of Christmas cards, I DID put that one of Gracie in front of the wood stove in a Christmas photocard like you suggested.  They are on their way.  Can't wait to send them!

I think I'll save my poem for Easter and send it to only those who have been asking questions I aimed to answer with it.

So, we're joining the photocard crowd, finally.  It's Christmas themed, of course, and we have one Jewish family on our mailing list.  Do I send it, anyway, saying Happy Chanukah on it so they can enjoy the photo, or is that rude?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not rude at all, in my opinion.  They'll love gracie's pic, and I think happy to be remembered on their holiday.

The pic of the 2 cats, btw, is Amber's.  Wish I could claim them, aren't they beauties?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, Walmart or Target should have Backugons and Bionicles.  My son does like both of these as well.  I'm proud of myself our holiday cards were sent out yesterday.  Of course the wedding invites need to go out right after Christmas and now with the packing I'll be doing I wanted them out of the way. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, sorry, Ambergirl!  Love the kitty photos.  Anyone that changes their avatar confuses me, I'm just that simple a girl. :)

Yeah, I guess they wouldn't be offended; they get "merry Christmas" all the time.  In fact, their daughter was born on Christmas Day AND was the first baby born in that hospital.  They had a steady stream of nurses exclaiming how wonderful it was to have the first Christmas baby born there!  Oops.  Their last name is obviously Jewish, too, not nebulous at all.  Pretty funny.  Thanks for weighing in.

Winter, you are really on top of things!  I'm pleased with myself if I get Christmas cards out at all (for shame, for shame, I know!).  I have boxed cards I meant to send from about 10 years ago still sitting here, and I'm betting the glue is worthless on the envelopes by now...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

No problem Kar : )  Love the photos of Gracie, she is really looking regal now.  My DD has a great phone that takes much better pictures than mine, so we have been having fun taking them.  tt, thank you for the kind words on my kitties.  I do so adore them along with my Amber.  When I have a bad day, they can always make me smile with their antics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

kar, I have no choice this year.  Last year they were sent out two weeks before Christmas.  I have to get the tree up and decorated, get the wedding invites out and start going through things and packing what I don't need.  And on top of all that working full time and taking care of my son.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

See, kargiver, that's why you never sent the other cards out - you weren't absolutely in love with them, as you are with Gracie in front of the hearth!

Winter, I'm still writing my cards out.  Used up all the odds and ends from other years, then picked up a pkg. of el cheapo ones yesterday (liked the pic), but when I got them home and opened see it says "made in - guess where?- China".  Makes me so mad.  Wasn't on the outside of the pkg, but stamped on the back of each card.  Try to stay away from that as much as possible.  What's the matter with the good old USA?  Have to check everything these days.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

To Kar and others, who might visit Target. If you are an AAA member, you will get 10% off. Never knew that, until I read the fine print on AAA's monthly mag. last week. I could have saved a "fortune". LOL

Add me to the group, that dislikes scented candles. One reason, I try not to go to the specialty card stores. They stink of scented candles. If our friends and family do not get the newest fancy cards - so what? Fortunately the grocery stores do have some decent ones.
    Once upon a long time ago, I used to make my own cards. I would buy some card stock and do some water coloring. But when I found out, that people that received them didn't even look at them, "Oh, you did that?" I stopped it. 

Talking cards. Do you get a lot of those impersonal Christmas cards with pictures of children/grandchildren/pets? I truly don't mind the pictures, but for heavens sake do put a handwritten note on it. Last year, we received cards from even close family members in a computer printed envelope with pictures of their latest trips - just stuck in an envelope and mailed book rate. How nice it would have been with just a, "Love from xyz". (Sorry, just venting.)
    Amber, that is not to say, your picture of your kitties is not cute. It truly is. And as tt says, it would make a lovely card, "Waiting for Santa!". But IMO a nice note going along with it would make it special.

Better get going - Pingo

ETA: Didn't read all you pet-card lovers posts, before I posted mine. But before you beat me up, let me repeat, I don't mind the pictures, but please try to make it a bit personal.

Also, I am one of those old-fashioned persons, that actually write my Christmas cards by hand. I feel pleasure doing it. Thinking of my friends and the memories, we have together. But I do have to say, I chisel them down every year. It is getting harder and harder. In January after Christmas, I pick up cards on sale, since I have several friends living overseas. Those cards have already gone out, with lengthy handwritten notes. Remembering friends and family, isn't that being a part of Christmas?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Haven't you left for work yet, Pingo?  You're as bad as me - just emailed G.T. that I had to stop emailing and get going so I can get out and get back before Young and Restless at 12:30!  What a hard life I have!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I so agree with picture postcards with no personal note.  Drives me crazy when I get them from my neices and nephews of their children.  Bad enough they can't pick up the phone and call me on the Holidays but a 2 second written note would mean a lot.  I also have to give their children's gifts at my sisters house.  Not sure how long I am going to continue that.  I mentioned to my sister they really should bring the kids by my house so I don't have to travel.  Her response is how busy their lives are. Guess I have no life huh?  I thought I was the only one who just thinks all this technology is making us so impersonal.  Ok, I'll get off my soap box now...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh and I am really bad.... I stopped sending out Christmas cards years ago. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh tt,
    I can't leave my house before I finish my PT exercises. If I don't do them in the morning - I will be too tired to do them when I get back home, and I won't do them. They take me a good one hour and 15 minutes, if I have to do them all.
    How is GT doing this morning? Better, pain? Hope he will get ok, so he can enjoy his vacation and Christmas. - P

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No pain.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Great news, tt.

In Response to Re: December Chat 2010:
    No pain.
    Posted by toytrumpet

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Oh and I am really bad.... I stopped sending out Christmas cards years ago. 
    Posted by ambergirl

Not bad at all!  I only send cards to people I know I will not see.  I stopped sending to immediate family, most friends and neighbors years ago. Bless the people who still send them to me!

mothermitzi

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back from Michael's.  OMG, their pine cone aisle was so heavily scented with cinnamon, it was enough to knock you out if you were within 10 feet!  Got so sick to my stomach, didn't go on to other stores as I had planned.  Maybe later this afternoon I'll venture out again.  Did get a lot of things for the kids' stockings there tho.  I'll have to bring it upstairs and see how I am on getting them filled.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cheerio hanging on to the edge of the bed as she follows the sun around - you can see her little paw digging in so she doesn't slip off -

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

OH She is Adorable!!  Nothing like a cat sleeping is there?  They make it look so good : )

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I noticed in the picture too, you can see how much thicker her fur is getting in anticipation of winter - not that she'd ever be cold!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Great picture tt.  I'm so excited that I can get a kitty when we move. Yea for me :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You'll fall in love with it, I'm sure.  The sun has since left the edge of the bed so she's gone to the top and climbed down under the coverlet.  I can see the "lump" moving up and down.

Emptied out all my bags that had accumulated upstairs and divied things in piles for each box.  Have my girlfriends done and the little girl's stocking, but everyone else is half done.  Out again first thing tomorrow morning.  Of course, per par for me, also have a couple of things I just may keep for myself!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I would call that a "cat nap". Cute picture - P

ETA: Just noticed the instruction manual for your computer next to her, does she still play with that?

Cheerio hanging on to the edge of the bed as she follows the sun around - you can see her little paw digging in so she doesn't slip off -
    Posted by toytrumpet

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Our animals have it so good!  I would love to curl up and sleep an afternoon away in the sun like that.

I'm very excited to go shopping with my Mom tonight!  She called and is going to meet me after work to hit a few stores and grab some dinner.  It'll be nice to catch up just the two of us.  The times when its just us seem harder and harder to come by lately so this will be a nice treat.  Good thing my lists are in my purse!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's fun to have an impromptu shopping spree. The weather is cooperating too, a nice night to be out running errands.  Hope you find a lot of things that are on your list and enjoy your dinner.  Me?  I'm just cooking up a hamburger.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ready to go home. Too bad you got sick to your stomach, tt. I love Michael's - but not the smell in there. I guess Cinnamon Buns is not on your menu for a few days.
    Will stop by at S & S on my way home - to pick up some "pixie" Poinsettias (didn't know, they call the tiny ones that). They are on sale this week. Don't know what they will charge next week. I usually have them all over the house.
    Chat later - Pingo

Sections
Shortcuts