December Chat 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

Re: December Chat 2010

In Response to Re: December Chat 2010:
    Obb, did you type anything before, and it didn't display?  This time it worked, but you don't have to "Reply" if it doesn't always for for you; you can just refer to people by screen name - we'll see it.  :) Nov, glad you found one that Jax likes.  It looks quilted and warm, too.  Gracie's doesn't have a hood; I don't think she'd care for that at all.  I'm amazed at how warm the inside of the coat is when I take it off.  Must keep her nice and toasty. Winter, what's the good news on the house? Surgery?  Gracie got into the trash in the garage from Christmas dinner and ate the string the roast was tied up in.  How do I know?  She barfed it yesterday.  YUCK!  If we ever have kids nothing will phase me.  Her face is healing nicely, and the fur is growing back, thankfully.  Has anyone else packed on some poundage?  I was stunned on the scale today!  Time to stop eating mashed potato with melted cheese log for breakfast (and snacks and...). Have a great day! ~kar
    Posted by kargiver

I think I have "replying to a message" figured out now...lol.  I had clicked on "Add your reply" and thought a box would come up for me to type my message.  Wrong!!  Thanks for your help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sure!  No need to hit "Reply" each time, though. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from minipup. Show minipup's posts

The head tilt gets me every time. He does it everytime we say his name. Kargiver, bully sticks are nauseating, but he loves them and they really help his teeth, so I just deal with it. He is only allowed to have them in the kitchen though. And only 2/week. I can't wait to get him neutered, he is humping everything in sight. He especially loves doing it to children. :/

Oh and Novem, his two back paws and chest are white. So adorable! :) Your Jax is so cute! So big compared to Coop, and the funny thing is, Cooper would bark his face off at him, thinking he was a big dog, as well!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from minipup. Show minipup's posts

This may be a compromising position, but it shows his markings:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hate to tell you, but the humping might not stop after neutering...just a fair warning and a suggestion to start curbing the behavior as if it might not just stop on its own.  I'd use the can of coins - shake sharply when he does it.  He'll hate that.

They sleep like that when they're hot - here's one of Gracie in the same "compromising" position (even worse for a "lady"!):

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Cute dog, Mini. But I actually thought your avatar was a picture of a hamster. Now I get it, it is Cooper.
    And Kar is right. Neutering will not help much. You need to start training him NOW not to do it, or you will have to live with embarrassment forever - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

When Jax is in that position, it means one of two things:  (1)  he's squirmng against the couch to make static (he's nuts, I know), or (2) "Sratch my belly already you silly humans!!".

I third the idea to correct the humping instead of counting on the neutering to do it.  I didn't notice any changes at all in Jax's personality, habits or activity level after he was snipped.  Fortunately, he was never much of a humper.  He did get friendly with my arm a couple times though.  The first time, I laughed.  Wrong, I know, but it was kind of funny.  The second time I poured some water on him.  There was no third time.  Now there is only one dog at the park that he tries it with with, and she nips him in the leg for it, so they seem to have worked it out between themselves.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

On my way out again this morning, but was hoping to see a post from you, bg, when I got home last night.  I hope your not posting is a sign that your DD is home and you are busy with activities with her.  I'll check in later to see what's going on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, I meant sleeping in that position means they're hot. :)  Gracie isn't one for having her belly rubbed...odd.

Yes, where is BG?!  We are all concerned...hope you'll be able to check in soon. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh, I don't think I've ever seen him sleep like that and he's a little furnace.  Interesting.  I guess we do keep the house on the cool side.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Bg, I second tt. Just hoping you are busy doing good things with your DD. Would be nice with a post from you. We are all concerned here. - Pingo

On my way out again this morning, but was hoping to see a post from you, bg, when I got home last night.  I hope your not posting is a sign that your DD is home and you are busy with activities with her.  I'll check in later to see what's going on.
    Posted by toytrumpet

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I don't think I've ever seen him sleep like that and he's a little furnace.  Interesting.  I guess we do keep the house on the cool side.
    Posted by Novembride

It was August, I think, when we took that photo of Gracie - it was at least 80 degrees in here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good mid morning,
    Now trying to get back to normal again. Everyone are safe, where they are supposed to be. Son and DIL were stuck in NY for a while, but did make it home very late. The house feels so empty, something I always have a hard time to deal with.
    I am on my way to the office. End of the year - lots to do. For me it is a good thing to get out of here.
    I finally got though my laundry, only to start all over again with their towels and bedding. When will it ever end? LOL
    Chat later - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Hi everybody!!! Finally able to get on forums! I have been trying for days, and couldn't get the page I don't know why. I was able to get everything else, but the Boston Globe was REALLY slow, and I couldn't access forums at all. I'm not sure what that was all about. I was able to access my e-mail, and all the other papers I read. I assumed it was a problem with Boston.com. Apparently not, as everyone else hasn't had a problem. Well, I'm so glad to be back to chat again! I spent the morning catching up. So glad everyone had, and still is, having a great holiday season. Thankyou all so much for your concern, and good wishes for D.D.. She was able to come home on passes on Christmas eve.,and again on Christmas day. She did really well, and after what felt like forever, and daily trips to the hospital., yesterday, she is home for good. She has lots of outpatient appointments coming up, and a support group to help her out. D.H. has been so supportive,and involved. So many times, I said, "Lets just bring her home,we can handle it outpatient" Thankfully,he convinced me otherwise,as she really did need the extra time. Her school is very understanding, and are willing to help her catch up with work she missed. Pingo, I remember you posted that I shouldn't push to have her discharged early just because it is Christmas, and Christmas is just a date on a calendar. Well you're right. She was able to come home for jjust a few hours, and did have a little anxiety around all the food, but everyone (cousins,aunts,uncles, and Nana) were aware, an focused more on talk,games, etc. I have a lot to catch up on this afternoon, and want to reread all your posts from the past week. I was so disappointed I couldnt get into B.D.C., but whatever, so glad to be back ! I'll check in later. THANKS to all of you for thinking of D.D. bg

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Having just thrown a wash in, came to check emails - so glad to see a post from you, bg, and the good news about your DD.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Yay BG!!  That is all WONDERFUL news, well, except for you being denied access to the Chat, of course.  [HUG]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

BG, so happy to hear you and DD are doing well and getting adequate help.  There is no such thing as too much support and treatment for this.

I have had trouble loading the main forum page, too, for the last few days so I think it was at least partly BDC's problem that you couldn't get here. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Bg,
    So happy to hear from you! We were all so concerned. Apparently things are getting better and that is wonderful news. So good to hear you and she have the support needed from DH. But this is a family issue, don't you ever forget that.
    I am glad DD's first few attempt to  socialize with the family went well. And it sounds like you have a very loving and supportive extended family.
    Bless them all and continue the good work - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wishing everyone a "Happy and Healthy New Year".  Forecast is for a warm wonderful evening for those who will be out.  Drive safely.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Here, here!! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks to all my special friends for a special year! Your chats have enriched my life  and have made me a better person (I think).
    Wishing you all a very happy and blessed 2011. Best of health and happiness to everyone. May our chats flow as they have in the past.
    Thanks again for a great 2010 and looking forward to share 2011 with all of you.
    - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Tonight we say Good-bye to Twenty Ten
    There were parts, I wish I could do again
    But instead, I'll be like Fred
    And say"Yabba Dabba Do"
    Happy New Year To YOU

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am a newbie this year and what a nice welcome I received.  I so enjoy the chats and look forward to more in 2011!  I hope everyone has a very safe and Happy New Year!

Sections
Shortcuts