Direct Buy!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Direct Buy!

Some time ago I warned you chatters about Direct Buy. They used to advertise heavily on TV and radio. Still do. Now they are also e-mailing us. I just got one, and immediately my blood pressure went up. They are such a scam.
    Hubby and I got invited to one of their marketing presentations. We were at the time buying all the appliances for 9 condos and thought we could save some by buying from them.
    You start by paying a $5000 membership fee. Yes. I repeat - $5000. And you have to sign up RIGHT NOW - or you will never be able to become a member. And of course they will take your credit cards. Talking about pressure here. They had a room full of catalogs, which they would not let us see until AFTER we had signed up. We walked away.
    When I got home, I googled them, and got so angry at myself, that I hadn't done that before we left. They have over 700 court cases against them.
    Watch out and spread the word around.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MosesHandsworth. Show MosesHandsworth's posts

Re: Direct Buy!

I only have one condo to buy appliances for, not nine

And I dont typically have 5000 dollars lying around anyway

So the allure/appeal of this Direct Buy place (which I never heard of until you mentioned it) is lost on a humble guy of modest means like me

Thanks for the warning though, pingo. I appreciate it...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Haha! I think "that guy" is at it again - fortunately I can't read him. YEAH!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MosesHandsworth. Show MosesHandsworth's posts

NO

I am not "that guy"

I'm "you know who"

Please get it right. Thank you...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Pingo

Yes, it is "that guy" alias "you know who", but he was only thanking you for the info - I think.  Might be a slight dig there about you having 9 condos and humble he only having 1, but all in all an ok post.

I haven't noticed  Direct Buy's ads on TV lately, are they still on?  Yours was a good experience to warn people about.  Too bad you had to be the ones to "test drive" so to speak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Thanks for the info, Pingo.  Same applies to those carpet ads, too.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh really tt, maybe he has mellowed.
    Btw. those 9 condos were not ours. We are in design and construction - and those appliances were for a client. Got a chuckle out of that. Thanks tt for the info anyway.
    However, we have to buy them and if we can save a buck or two, we will pass it on to our clients.
    I just got so angry, when DB dared to send me an e-mail. Direct Buy is such a scam operation and a lot of people get sucked in. Unless you deal with their options and have an entire house to renovate - how are you ever going to collect the $5000 up front? And I forget to tell you all, that after that there is still a membership fee. I forgot to the tune of what. But it was $$$$
    What really threw us off was, that they did not allow us to look at their catalogs. We would not even know, what kind of products, they were carrying. My husband even asked them if they were carrying a particular washer and dryer. Would not answer us on that. "You have to become a member first and we will answer your questions". What kind of business is that?
    Oh dear, I better stop - my blood is boiling.
    Anyway,  have a wonderful Mother's Day - Pingo

Hi Pingo Yes, it is "that guy" alias "you know who", but he was only thanking you for the info - I think.  Might be a slight dig there about you having 9 condos and humble he only having 1, but all in all an ok post. I haven't noticed  Direct Buy's ads on TV lately, are they still on?  Yours was a good experience to warn people about.  Too bad you had to be the ones to "test drive" so to speak.
    Posted by toytrumpet

Sections
Shortcuts