and hold each other in our hearts
    and hear the song of Spring.

Happy Easter, 2010 from toytrumpet

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: Easter Greetings

I promise to appreciate the gift of your poetry TT...Happy Easter

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Very Very well done!  Happy Easter to all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Happy Easter to all the pets too

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, Icer, Baby's beautiful!!  What a sweet baby.  I'd like to give her a hug and nose to nose.  How come she's so nice and slim and my girl is so "portly"?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    You did it again. Fortunately your threat yesterday was just an April Fool :)
    Great poem - we are lucky to have you amongst us.
    Happy Easter to you and your family and to all our board friends - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, thank you, again!!  Great writing - I hope you are keeping all your wonderful poems in a journal to pass down.

icer - great phot,o and thanks for remembering our pets in the Easter blessing.  Gracie sends her best, too.

Happy Easter to all from Mr. & Mrs. Kargiver and Gracie!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: Easter Greetings:
    OMG, Icer, Baby's beautiful!!  What a sweet baby.  I'd like to give her a hug and nose to nose.  How come she's so nice and slim and my girl is so "portly"?!
    Posted by toytrumpet

Thanks...Do you believe that cat was born in 1994? Thats the part that kind of freaks me out. What if she out-lives me???

I love the Cheerio on the puzzle picture.. I don't think shes portly...I think it funny we have similiar kitties too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think I just figured out the answer to my own question, as Cheerio and I sit here sharing a piece of orange coffee cake!  Our cats probably resemble their owners - yours nice and slim like you, and mine, well "pleasantly plump", like me!

Have to get going and get the cookie dough for bunny cookies made and chilled.  Have a good day, and thanks all, for the nice words re my "poem".

P.S. Icer, I sent Baby's pic on to G.T.  Nothing like a cute cat picture to brighten up a work day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Lovely poem tt. Well done! Hope you all enjoy your celebrations this weekend. The weekend looks like it will be dandy in the weather department. I have a beautiful Easter lily, out of the reach of curious cats, and the smell is wonderful. 

mothermitzi  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Is that him?
    I thought I saw the Easter Bunny = = =

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Yes cats all over the area are sitting in windows today

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have you made your Easter baskets yet?  My last batch of sugar bunnies are in the oven.  Didn't take on the Easter basket task - next year.

Addendum:  I meant the Easter "bread" baskets.  Don't forget you were going to tell/show the baskets with things you had made for the kids - - - -  I put my 2 together today except for the yellow chicks, hate taking them out of the pkgs. too soon, 'cause they harden.  Had to put them on top of my china closet to keep nosey whiskers out of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, that picture is soooo cute. I do believe she is waiting for the birds - not the bunnies.
    Just came back from shopping for my last few things for Easter. We are just going to be the two of us, but I still like to celebrate Easter.
    It is a real nightmare out there. And of course they had to do road work just today on Rt. 114. I like the TJ up there, b/c I don't have to struggle with Rt. 1. To exit on
    Rt. 1 these days is like playing roulette with your life.
    I wanted to go to MB, but I know it will be mobbed, besides there are also road work on 128 near the North Ave exit. I think they are just planning this, so they can show, we are getting something for our money.
    I will go at the crack of the dawn tmw to get the last couple of things I am missing.
    TTYL - Pingo
    Is that him? I thought I saw the Easter Bunny = = =
    Posted by toytrumpet

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Our neighbor (where Gracie's "boyfriend" lives) is hiding Easter eggs for 50 kids tomorrow and respectfully asked if we could crate Thief, I mean, Gracie, for that time.  I think she'd be quicker than 3 year olds to find all the treats...what do you think?  I can just imagine the Easter Egg 2010 Incident.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You and I disagree on which route, 114 or 1 is the worst, Pingo.  I hate that stretch of 114 with all the lights and 3 lanes that converge to 2 and then out to 3 again.  T.J.'s parking lot there is insane too, theirs on Route 1 is so much easier to maneuveur.  I know what you mean about the stores being mobbed, Weds. when I picked up things for my dinner S&S was.

Have the sugar bunnies made - must remember next year to try to find a smaller bunny cutter, really don't like this big one.  Tomorrow I'll make the choc chip cookies and perhaps the meringues, I've a feeling neither family would even try those.  And, I'll make the Spanish Cream and color Easter eggs.  Looking forward to being able to sit outside Sunday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Our neighbor (where Gracie's "boyfriend" lives) is hiding Easter eggs for 50 kids tomorrow and respectfully asked if we could crate Thief, I mean, Gracie, for that time.  I think she'd be quicker than 3 year olds to find all the treats...what do you think?  I can just imagine the Easter Egg 2010 Incident .
    Posted by kargiver

50 kids??  What a wonderful time Gracie would have romping around the yard with them?  Guess they're right tho, the kids wouldn't be too thrilled with her snatching the eggs up from under them!

What are you doing for Easter - are you having company or going anywhere?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know!  It's a shame she has to stay in - she is very good with children and all would have a ball with her if the eggs were not in the picture.

Strangely enough, we haven't talked about Easter plans.  Our families are both far away (PA and FL).  I'm terribly allergic to Easter lilies so I avoid church on the holiest day of the Christian calendar.  :(  We'll probably read the Easter story aloud and celebrate the saving power of Christ made manifest in his Resurrection quietly together.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Do you prepare a traditional dinner?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I have before for the family - the whole nine yards.  But, probably not this year.  But, DH is somewhat known for springing plans on me so maybe I will be, after all, and I'll have to scramble!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    I am allergic to Easter Lilies as well. When our children were at home I wouldn't miss Easter service for anything, and sat through it all heavily medicated with a huge box of tissues. But now that we are just the two of us, I put on a cassette tape I have from an Easter service back when. I like your idea of reading the Easter story. Maybe I will do that too.
    I am cooking lamb. Bought just a small butterflyed leg of lamb. Will make a paste of roasted garlic, rosemary, a bit of oil, and spread it on the lamb and roll it up. Roast it and serve it with roasted potatoes and asparagus.
    Too bad you have to punish Gracie by crating her, when so much fun is going on outside. Hopefully she will go to sleep and not notice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just received this ein an e-mail from a friend. Thought I would share it.

HAPPY EASTER

All I need to know I learned from the Easter Bunny

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    Everyone needs a friend who is all ears.
    There's no such thing as too much candy.
    All work and no play can make you a basket case.
    A cute tail attracts a lot of attention.
    Everyone is entitled to a bad hare day.
    Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits.
    Some body parts should be floppy.
    Keep your paws off of other people's jelly beans.
    Good things come in small, sugar coated packages.
    The grass is always greener in someone else's basket.
    To show your true colors, you have to come out of the shell.
    The best things in life are still sweet and gooey..
    May the joy of the season fill your heart.
    AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU!  
    Happy Easter!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's cute, Pingo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You are right tt, I don't like either of them, but I pick the least evil of them. I just love TJ's too much. From where you are, it may be different. I just hop on 128 - then 95 and take the 114 exit. Agree, lots of lights. But I just stay in the most right lane and follow the traffic. So far I really never had a parking problem there.
    Rt. 1 is another story. I truly fear for my life exiting from that parking lot. I do go there, whenever I have other business to do on Rt.1. I do like the store and have made friends with several of the regular employees.
    Once I happened to ask for something specific to send to my son, while he was in Japan. They went out of their way to get it for me. So now, I am the lady w/ a son in Japan, even though he is not there any longer. LOL
    After I came home, I went to Shaw's (on Water Street in Wakefield - not Lynnfells parkway). They have some excellent sales just for today, and I wanted to pick up just a couple of things. There were picket lines and a huge crowd. Fortunately police officers were there to guide the traffic. But it took me 15 minutes to get in and another 30 minutes to get out of there. I asked one of the employees - one of the long timers, I knew from when she was at the Lynnfells Star Market, why they were striking. She had no idea. She wasn't even aware there was a picket line outside and went to look out the door. It really makes me wonder, whenever there is a strike or a picket line, is it with the approval of the employees - or is it just a few hard necks blowing up a storm? I truly do not think anyone is gaining anything.
    Some of the picketers today looked like a bunch of high school kids, they had picked up after classes.

You and I disagree on which route, 114 or 1 is the worst, Pingo.  I hate that stretch of 114 with all the lights and 3 lanes that converge to 2 and then out to 3 again.  T.J.'s parking lot there is insane too, theirs on Route 1 is so much easier to maneuveur.  I know what you mean about the stores being mobbed, Weds. when I picked up things for my dinner S&S was. Have the sugar bunnies made - must remember next year to try to find a smaller bunny cutter, really don't like this big one.  Tomorrow I'll make the choc chip cookies and perhaps the meringues, I've a feeling neither family would even try those.  And, I'll make the Spanish Cream and color Easter eggs.  Looking forward to being able to sit outside Sunday.
    Posted by toytrumpet

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi pingo -

There is a Shaw's near me and there has been a picket line outside for probably a month now. I have a feeling the employees working there know exactly why there is a picket line.  I won't shop there until the dispute is resolved.  I go to the S&S. Have to admit I like it better anyway.  

I am cooking lamb on Sunday, too.  I plan to rub it with mint, garlic and olive oil and marinade overnight in the frig.  I'll roast it on Sunday.  Also serving ham, courtesy of Honeybaked Ham. Au gratin potatoes, green beans and carrots will round it off.  And the forecast is very favorable.  

Enjoy everybody!

mothermitzi