February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

February 2012

Good morning, happy February 1st - with no snow in sight!

Glanced down the list and saw I hadn't started a post since October, so since I'll be out all day, jumped in.

How's the baby doing, Amber?

Glad I picked up the valentine card makings, got a call from GD last night.  OLA has no school Monday, so she's coming over.  Cookies and cards - sounds  like a fun day to me.

A little foggy when I first looked out early this morning.  Looked like a spring day in the making.  Hope the temps get up there for our stroll in Mblhd.  Will be good to breath in some nice fresh salt air.

Have a good first day of Feb, everyone.  I'll check in late in the day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: February 2012

Good morning, and happy February, everyone!

tt, glad you started 'er off - I always forget all about it and usually end up posting in the previous month's thread on the first. 

I'm heading East today for lunch with a couple of gals from my old office so won't be around, either, 'til this afternoon, and then I'll be catching up on the day's chores.  

After taking Gracie to the doggie wash, I just washed all her bedding - zippered bed covers, wool blankets, washable beds, everything.  I started using Trader Joe's laundry detergent and LOVE it.  It has natural lavender oil for scent, and that's it so it smells like a lavender garden...and so does all of Gracie's stuff.  I highly recommend the detergent; it's good for HE washers, too.  Actually, I washed our sheets and towels yesterday, too, so the whole house has a light, fresh, natural lavender scent.  Lovely. :)

Yes, ambergirl, how is Amber doing?

tt, have a wonderful time in Marblehead breathing in that rejuvenating salt air and enjoying your friend.  Will be thinking of you.  So glad the weather is cooperating with your plans.  I love that area so much.  The shops are awesome, too, albeit super expensive!

Blessed day to everyone,
    ~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I understand where you are both coming from, I really do. I just think I am different in that I always go out of my way to make sure everyone is included. But I can understand that not everyone is like that. And yes, TT, for the future I will not be extending an invite to them, and not to be harsh or to get back at them, but because I should just except that we are just acquaintances.

Liz, just saw this from January's thread.  You are wise to take tt's take on it.  I think going out of your way to "include everyone" might seem nice on the surface, but it really isn't necessarily a good thing for you or them, as you've leared the hard way.  Overstretching the relationship strains it for both parties.

Let relationships be what they are.  You don't have to include everyone you're friendly with in everything you host to be a nice person, and they don't either.  I like small, intimate gatherings of very close friends, not big events that include everyone because at the latter you don't get to spend quality time with anyone; there's just too many people.  So, I regularly exclude people I do actually like in favor of being able to spend real quality time with those I consider my best friends.  Life is short.

ETA:  For example, consider my trips East to visit people I used to work with.  I was friendly with literally 100+ people.  I cared about them and talked with many of them at least some every day.  We cried and hugged when I left.  But, there are only 6 people I go East from here to go to lunch with.  Are the other 100+ people hurt?  I doubt it; we were never that close so it would be far beyond the relationship they had with me to be treated exactly the same way I treat those 6 truly close, special friends.

If you consider that no adult with a family wants to be included in all the events of everyone they know, it will be easier to scale back on who you invite to what.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone and happy Fenruary.  The party seems to have been a success last night.  Icer, great news about the boy being able to stand.  Liz, I think what you are going to do going further with invites is a great idea.  tt, enjoy your day callooping around Marblehead.  Kar, enjoy your time out East. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

And you, Winter, enjoy your time at work - (boo hoo).

Glad the affair was a success last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

It is going to be a beautiful day for February 1st.  Best winter ever.. but well deserved after all the blizzards I had to travel in last year.  Thank you all for asking about Amber...  she seems to be doing well.  No accident when I got home last night and I checked everywhere.  But i will still leave the newspaper down.  Not seeing a huge difference in her, which is great.  Just really chowing down on supper and a little more water drinking, but nothing excessive in my eyes.  She is getting lots of TLC for sure.  : )  Looks like everyone will be kalooping for the day, so will check in later.  Enjoy!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    No snow in sight? I hope you are right, tt. I hope the snow gods are not collecting all the snow and and throwing a heavy blanket over us one day in February - like they did in 1978.
    You two ladies of leisure have a great lunch. Sounds like a good day to be shopping around. They have promised us, we will get up in the fiftieth today.
    Amber, how did Amber do yesterday home alone? And how is she doing this morning? Please check in and let us know.
    And the turkeys are back. 4 of them, but I am sure there will be many more. The mild weather must have drawn them out.
    Waiting for my dryer to chime, fold the clothes and then off to work. - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, you and I posted at the same time. Glad to hear Amber is doing well.
    - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just went out to fill the feeder - it certainly isn't anywhere near 50 now - feels cold and raw out.  But, I can see the sun trying to peek through some clouds, so there's hope for the afternoon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Before the sun came up...I washed ALL the bed clothes...in anticipation of hanging them on the line....I don't trust it...so...in the dryer they will go

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It is shining here now, Icer, still grey sky around it, and cold out, but I imagine (hope) that once it's out things will begin to warm up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: February 2012:
    It is shining here now, Icer, still grey sky around it, and cold out, but I imagine (hope) that once it's out things will begin to warm up.
    Posted by toytrumpet

I did end up hanging the sheets out..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Thank you for everyones advice.

I just learned that there could be up to 1,000 dust mites in your bed and each one poops up to 10x a day. GROSS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer, there is nothing like going to bed in sheets, that has been dried in frosty fresh air. You will sleep well tonight. - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Liz, I had heard that but frankly we are all probably better off not knowing :) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Yes, I saw Barry of "Jordan's Furniture" doing a commercial to sell mattress saying stuff about that...He is well motivated to do so

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Hope you have fun, TT. I grew up in M'Head! It's a great place for a walk.  Plenty of places to stop and get coffee/danish, and/or icecream too. :-)  Most out of towners stick to Crocker Park, the Lighthouse and Fort Sewell, but check out Redd's Pond and Burial Hill. You get amazing views of the harbor and the Neck from Burial Hill.  Enjoy! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I'm back home.  Sun and warmth never came out until we had eaten lunch, shopped, and were back to friend's playing cards.  Had "chowdah" and a salad at The Three Cod, then poked in a little thrift shop there and came away with an adorable colorful scarf that I threw around my neck, then finished at The Paper Store for some more valentines, the new book store (same as one in Mblhd) where I got some stickers to put in valentine boxes, and then Home Goods where I finally found some new bed pillows that were made in USA.  Quite a good day, winning at cards to top it off.

This friend also grew up in Mblhd, Alf, and in fact lived there all her life until selling her house 4-5 years ago.  She moved into a lovely condo where a lot of other Mblhders moved too.  they all seem to know each other from early school days.  A nice community.  She loves showing off her home town and we've been to each of the places you mention.  Today was just too raw during the time we were out.  But, thanks for thinking of me, and the suggestions.

Icer, I don't see any synopsis of Y&R ???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

They will probably air this evening...They did Kevin White's funeral today...We'll catch up

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, what a lovely day with your friend and great lunch.  Can't beat chowda on the NE coast.

We had a blast, too, but without the sea air.  :)  Returned to a very wet town, but Gracie managed to stay dry on her blankie under the overhang by the front door.  It was sunny, though, when I got home and she was out in the yard.

For anyone who enjoys beer, the new Spring seasonal one by Sam Adams is lovely - the three of us ladies agreed.  It's on the sweet side because of the few hops and heavy-handed malt.  Golden color, not too heavy, but not as light tasting as many Spring brews.  Very nice.

Re dust mites, dog-lady is right, we have a dust-mite proof mattress pad I wash reguarly.  It's moisture and dust mite impermeable but it does breath.

Got to get the fire going.  I thought the warm temps would keep the house warmer, but it's 62 in here...brr.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ah, I know the other night I stumbled upon a SOAP channel which is where I would imagine I would find today's episode?  Gawd only knows if I can find it again.  They sent me channel numbers cards, but I can't even find the Premium Preferred I'm supposed to be under - oh well,

Sounds as tho you had a more interesting lunch than I, Kargiver (wink wink) !  I only have one set of friends who drink when we go to lunch, so I usually just order coffee.  This next week are my drinkers, so when we meet, wine it will be.  I saw them talking about Sam Adams, and promoting the light because the taste was as good, and quite a few less calories - do we count calories in our drinks?  I don't.  Think I'd never enjoy a sip or two of Bailey's Irish Creme if I did that!  Speaking of which, that would go good tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Not sure if this will help tt.  But here is the channel lineup I get and I believe it is the same as yours.  You can copy and paste in your browser and add to your Favorites.  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings?cmpid=FedS_net

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thank you, Amber.  I did and I see it's on at 7:00 - Yeah!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds like both tt and Kar had an enjoyable day.  I've been too busy here at work.  Looking forward to a nice quiet night at home.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I didn't mention the kitty story.  I left a gift bag on the floor because I knew he wanted to sit in it.  Well he gets in it last night and then precedes to run around the house banging into everything because he was facing the BACK part of the bag.  There were lots of bangs and he was too fast to catch.  He finally stopped and was hiding in a corner behind the TV :( He ran under the couch when we tried to get him.  He hid the rest of the night and I was very worried. He did seem fine this morning.  I'm thinking he scared himself. :( 

Sections
Shortcuts