February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: February 2012

Liz, great idea, I'll do that!!!  LOVE IT!  I hope the vanilla ice cream I made awhile ago is still good.  I'll have to do a taste test today.

Pingo, so cute about your cards.  My DH would love your dinner - rack of lamb and rosemary pototaoes are two of his favorites.  And, topping it off with Wowie cupcakes - YUM.  I love mocha frosting on chocolate cake.  I use decaf instant in mine.  Sorry you haven't found someone to help in the office. In this economy you'd think your door would be busting down with great applicants.  No wonder you are overworked.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tulips, how is your puzzle coming along?  I just put the final pieces, I have, into mine and am missing 4 pieces.  I'll start swinging the yardstick under the furniture and looking under cushions.  If Charlie were still here, it would be a lost cause, he used to love to pick up a piece at a time and run with it!  Cheerio, not so much, she prefers to lay on it and s-t-r-e-t-c-h, sending the edge pieces crashing to the floor!

ETA:  Found 3 of them, oh where, oh where, can the other piece be??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy Valentine's Day, Friends! Wanted to pop in and say hello.  I've been browsing through your going-ons and miss being part of the everyday conversation.  Its just too hard right now with the new office setup (read:  no privacy) and on-going training.  Know that I miss you all, though!

Things here are going along swimmingly.  Other than a series of head cols, I am feeling good.  Baby is growing strong and on schedule -- and we found out is a girl!  I'm just about halfway through now, and should start to feel her move any day now.   I've been busy touring and interviewing day care, which is like a part-time job in itself, but I hope to make a decision adn be done by the end of this month.  Then it is on to building the registry.

Going to check-in on parents.  Hope to be back later.  Be well everyone!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

November so wonderful to hear from you.  So thrilled everything is going smoothly and a baby girl!  Congratulations!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How exciting all around, November!  Thanks so much for your update - we're all thinking of you.  Do you have an u/s you can post?

Off to take Gracie for a nice, long walk.  So warm!  I love this Winter; wish they could all be this way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So glad to hear from you November and that all is going swimmingly. Gongrats on your little baby girl; how exciting. Now it will be easier to find a name. Not that that part is easy at all. But it is definitely easier than finding good daycare, as you  yourself are experiencing.
    Too bad you are so busy at work, and that you lost your privacy. But I think that is the trend now - open offices. Employees were hiding in their offices playing games and browsing the internet half the day. I know some of ours were, and then they couldn't understand, they were the first to go, when we had to lay off a few people.
    Hope your pregnancy continue to go swimmingly well. - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

OOOOOh Nov - a baby girl!  How absolutely wonderful.  The clothes, the toys, the pigtails!!!  You are going to have so much fun!

Pingo - I know it's a different field/type of employee, but do you believe we (for my DH's business) have had a lot of luck with Craigslist.  You would be suprised at how many responses you get.  However, then you have to have the time to weed through all of the resumes. 

Another question for you pingo, if you don't mind me asking, but how do you make such a lovely dinner while being at the office?  It's such a challange for me.  I always cook a nice Sunday dinner, but during the week it's just too difficult to do.  I would love any suggestions from anyone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thanks ladies.  =)

I have quite a long list of names going and everytime we cross one off, we seem to add two more.  Plenty of time for that though.  I agreed to find out the sex, and DH agreed we will keep the name a secret until she is here.  He's been so cute already saying "my little girl this" and " my little girl that".

Puppy has ben enjoying the warmer winter, especially now that it is lighter in the mornings and we go to the park for fetch in place of our usual walk.  Not sure if he is onto the changes that are due, but he has been sniffing at my belly which makes me wonder if he smells a hormone or senses her in there.  Otherwise he's been acting completely normal around me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

So this is what I am giving to Honey...I am sooooo romantic

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

LOL Icer!  I love it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Congratulations, Novem.  So happy for you - a sweet little girl.  Had you and your husband already tossed around names for either a boy or girl?  So many to choose from, but there may be some family names that you want to incorporate too.  When my youngest has his son, he used my last name before marriage as  his son's middle name.  Luckily, it worked in fine.  I was the last of my family name, so this way, it stays alive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I know quite a few girls who have Mom's maiden name as a first name - If your maiden name is Kelly, Madison, etc.  you are in like Flynn!  For boys, even more names are legit first names these days.

Girls are wonderful, my dad wanted a boy so bad, but now he loves his girls who take good care of him!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, great to see your post. How have you been?
    We wanted a girl so badly, but couldn't be happier for our two boys.
    Thinking of you every time I shop for or use Sweet Baby Ray's. Missing you around here - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, maybe you missed prin-cal's question about how you manage to put on such a spread every night when you work so many hours?

Yes, good to see you, hats. Hope you are well.

Just got back from a 2 hour woodsy hike with Gracie.  Phew!  We worked hard.  Went down a lonnnnng hill, and I thought, man, this will be tough coming back.  I was right!  Had my mittens off and my coat unzipped before we were done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Prin, I hadn't thought about pigtails and ribbons and bows!!

She does already have five pair of little tiny shoes though. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Decided to make a meatloaf tonight in the heart-shaped baking pan as a little tribute to V's Day proper.  We'll have our really special meal of homemade pasta, tomato sauce (we still have tomatoes from last year to use!), and Italian-style chicken bundles tomorrow.  And, the brownies tomorrow.

Nov, I bet Jax does have a sense of the baby.  They are so intuitive...so cool.   Gracie is enjoying the warm, snowless Winter, too.  Not to mention me.  I would walk her in the cold and trudge through the snow, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Thank you for the good wishes, everyone, I'm a busy girl but am glad when I have a few minutes to catch up with you all.

November,

"The happiest days are when babies come."  - Mammy in "Gone with the Wind"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thank you hats!  My favorite book and movie, in case you couldn't tell.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Happy Valentines day !
    Congrats, November! Exciting news--such a fun time. I loved being pregnant- was lucky--never once got MS--only a lot of heartburn.  5 pairs of tiny shoes already?? OH my !
    TT- have quite a bit done on the puzzle, but go several days without working on it. I have 1 definite piece missing--Urrr....not sure if there are any more missing! I leave it on the DR table, since that doesn't get much use. It is 500 pieces- I am glad I didn't take one of the 1000 piece ones she had. Maybe next time!
    Pingo--someone mentioned craigs list-I think princess--I know that is where all the young kids look now. I was wondering, too-how do you cook such a dinner on a work night?
    Meatloaf sounds good, Kar- haven't had that in a while. We are still picking at the ham-still love it, though. Tonight ham, rice pilaf and leftover butternut squash--yum.
    Icer-I can't see your romantic present- what is it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tulips, I love a good, big ham.  Lasts a long time, and I never tire of it.  Do you make stock with the bone?  I love making split pea with ham at the end...

The heart-shaped (turkey with veggies) meatloaf with Bobby Flay's 1/2 balsamic vinegar, 1/2 ketchup topping (Yum!!) is in the oven along with baked potatoes.  I messed up the veggies, cooked on the stove first, by adding to much salt.  Had to dump 1/2 of them and start over.  Wanted dinner ready by 7:15, but won't be done 'til 7:30, now.  Whoops!  Oh, well, what can you do.  It happens, right?  DH will never know and will be so happy with it.  Comfort food after a long, hard, stressful day...what could be better?  I hope it comes out good after all this.

I can't really see the gift, either, icer - is it compost?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Kar-Yes, I can eat ham all the time, too. DS will make a split pea soup with the bone. He loves it, and will eat the whole batch. I am not that big on it-peas are not a favorite of mine, but he loves it! I would not let a bone go to waste-I  love to make soup, but not very often anymore. Meatloaf will definitely be planned soon.
    NCIS tonight-hope it's  not a repeat.
    Whitney Houston's  funeral will be private they said tonight--good. Let her family grieve in peace, and don't make a circus out of it, like some others have. Her poor mother, and daughter. I hope they cordon off the entire street so the press can't overwhelm them. 
    Looks like a decent week ahead-maybe a little rain, but no extreme cold or snow! Thinking about maybe going away this Sat night to suprise DH. Would be good to get away, even for a night.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Tulips, I've only made stock and soup a few times since I worked through 2008, but I'm hooked and won't let a bone or poultry carcass go to waste, again.  Glad your son enjoys the ham bone and pea soup, although, I bet you could make a wonderful ham and cabbage soup if you wanted to with that bone, too.

The heart-shaped meatloaf was a huge hit!  The late game correction on the salt was a lifesaver; it was delicious, but it wouldn't have been had I not noticed the mistake before it was too late.

Today, though, I've got to make the spelt pasta, tomato sauce, Italian chicken bundles, and brownies.  Aside from that, I know you've all heard this before, but I'm finishing the snuggie.  Well, if I can finish it with the skein I have, that is.  Not sure I'll be running to Walmart if I can't.  It'll be a close call, anyway.

Wednesday already.  Princess, how is week 2 going?

We got up early for DH to leave by 6:45.  I think I need another cuppa...

~kar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I'm in the process of getting caught up, but I wanted to say hello.  Yesterday we spent 4 hours listening to one witness.  We did get a 20 minute break, but it was a lot to listen and take notes too.  I'll be here for another 20 minutes or so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, man, I hope it's a least interesting subject matter.  GL today!  Do you get good food for lunch and snacks?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, since you watch the Real Housewives, I thought this would give you a chuckle.  I know it did me.  I was reading the Metro on the train and they have a section where celebrities twitter things.  Seth McFarlane twittered this:

"Watched a bit of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Don't know how science gave that many platypuses the power of speech"

Made my morning, so funny : )