February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2012

Sorry, I was referring to Gracie and her poor sad face when DD is gone -

Just got back in, have pepperoni pizza in oven and will make a small side salad.  Want to get changed out of my "go out" clothes and into some old "work around the house" ones. I know me and salad dressing, I'll be dripping it all over myself.

ETA:  And, pinot grigio - oh, drinking pinot grigio, I mean along with lunch, not dripping it all over me - LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, Pingo!  We did get nearly full sun here in the last 30 minutes - hope you all did, too.

Went to the dump, grocery store, bank, and pharmacy.  Gracie enjoyed the bank and the dump (dropped her at home before the rest).  Had a late lunch, and now to the chores.  Will make tomato sauce for tonight.

I'm also having some pinot grigio successfully from a glass. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sun came out here too as DH and I went for lunch. Not a big lunch. We only shared a bagel w/ smoked turkey and the trimmings. Had nothing at home to bring for lunch today.
    Going out tonight w/ friends we haven't seen in a while. We were travelling and then they were travelling. Time flies. She is vegetarian, so we will most likely opt for casual Thai or Chinese.
    The sun is now gone, as I am typing along here. But at least we got the rays, I was hoping for. - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Boards are quiet this afternoon, how are all you working ladies doing?  I snuggled on the couch with a blanket around me and dozed off for a bit.

Sun is in and out here.  Didn't get much done once I got in.  Stopped by the library and picked up a book, but find it's about bullies - I certainly misread the title.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I was busy earlier but quiet now. No sun out here right now.  I feel like it is going to be a long week. I hope not.  I love naps.  I usually take one on Sunday's.  Maybe the book will be good anyway? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Actually it's short stores and now that I look at the title it's "Principals, and other schoolyard bullies."  I can't imagine what I thought it said!  Not my cup of tea.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good thing is you didn't buy it and waste money.  But disappointing I'm sure, especially if you are ready to get comfy and read.  I do love reading..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm here.  It was a bit busier earlier, but seems to be quieting down, thankfully. my son has a hamster at his dad's and he died yesterday morning.  So we are mourning Josh today.  It looks like we will plant him in our yard and I'll plant some sort of flower over it.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh Winter, tell DS, so sorry...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I will.  I think he was almost two, which I hear is pretty good for a hamster. He took a picture of him to school today and showed the class.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, I'm so sorry.  Those little pets are loved just as much as the cats and dogs.   We have a cemetary of sorts in our backyard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh yes he was loved.  He was a minature, so it looked like a little mouse minus the tail.  He has a fish at his dad's house too. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi everybody.  Just looked at the clock and cannot believe it's so late.  I got up this morning, ate a bowl of oatmeal and waited for something to happen.  Nothing did, so I decided I was ok to come to work.  Thought I would stay half a day and now it's almost quitting time anyway.

Dinner tonight will be swedish meatballs I froze just after Christmas and rice.  My appetite is still a bit off - no veggies tonight. 

winter, sorry your son lost his hamster.  My backyard is a resting place for many pets over the years, ranging from kitties to tadpoles and everything in between.  This place will make a great archeological dig someday!

Leaving now and hoping I get a seat on the T. Have a great evening all.

mothermitzi

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thank you all for the kind words for my son. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, Winter, I'm so sorry for your DS for his loss of Josh.  Hamsters are real pets, too.  I had one myself, actually, and was sad when he died.

Just got back from what I thought would be a warmish walk given it's 40, but gosh, the wind is cold and when the sun goes in it feel so bone chilling raw.  I was so glad to get home.

I've got a few chores to do and dinner to start.  So tired from our bad night and early morning, but not much left to accomplish.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Winter- so sorry about your son's pet.
    MM-hope you are feeling Ok tonight after your first day back!
    Not much going on here--finished the last of the leftovers from the weekend--glad to see them go, at this point!
    TT--glad HH has an owner--I would be afraid of the coyotes, also. 
    I didn't hear anything about the show Smash- was it good? I have the DVR set to record the River tonight-that looks good. Reminds me of Lost, from what little you can see on previews.  I loved Lost for the first years, but finally gave up, with all the hiatus' it took, and the back and forth in time- couldn't keep it straight anymore and gave up.
    I also DVR Revenge. I don't hear anyone talk about it--myself, DD, and my sister LOVE it. I like to do tv marathons sometimes. I watched about the first 5 episodes of Revenge, the rest are dvr'd to watch a bunch together--soon. I block my ears when previews come on-like a little kid. I also DVR Castle, and watch a bunch at once. I can't stay awake until 10:00 shows are over.
    Going to work on the puzzle until NCIS comes on- haven't gotten much done on it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I haven't touched my puzzle in a couple of days, Tulips.  Altho yesterday I pulled out a 100 piece kids' one of a mouse with leaves - and it took my GD and I quite a while to even get the edges together - they were large pieces too.  We were trying to get it all done before her father picked her up and I kept saying, "I don't know GD, I don't think we're going to get it together in time."  She kept saying, "Just believe.  Believe"  I'm not sure if that's something from a kid's movie, or whether they teach the kids that at OLA.  Thought it was awfully cute anyway, and we did get it all together just in the knick of time.  Age listed on box, btw, was 5-10 yr olds!  Ha!

Loving my new channels.  Just watched an old movie "Cemetary Club" with Ellen Berstyn (I think that's her last name) - about 3 ladies who all lose their husbands and their lives begin to center around visits to the cemetary until Ellen meets a man - nice movie.

Enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate watching it, but had bought the Coldstone and I'll give that to one of the families and buy Swiss Miss instead.  Had a hard time getting all the chocolate granules to dissolve.

Feel as tho it should be much later, thought I had been sitting on the couch longer than an hour and a half.

I haven't watched any of the programs you mention.  I'm not much for recording and watching later.  Thoroughly enjoying all these new channels I have and am constantly falling on something I enjoy watching at the moment.

Glad you are still able to get into CC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Argh -Just did a nice long post and it errored out.  One more try.

Made it through work yesterday.  It is crazier than it was before I had left.  I won't bore you with the details, but I think it's time for me to move on.  I love the company and have been here for 15 years, but I can hopefully find something else within the company.

Winter - sorry about your son's  hampster.  It's always sad to lose a pet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Prin, it's always sad when we return and things have gone along and changed without us.  My work is emblazened in my mind as it was in 2008 when I left - it hardlly resembles it, though, in real life.  3 Layoffs, projects ending, others beginning, people I sat next to working in different buildings...if I were ever to go back nothing would be the same.  Weird.  Anyway, I ramble.  Back on track here, I hope you find something you'll enjoy doing there that is a better fit for your needs and skills.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Winter, sorry to hear about your sons loss of Josh. To loose a pet is always sad. Will he get another hamster? Not that is ever is going to replace Josh, but something to divert his thoughts.
    It is always difficult to get back to work, when one has been absent for a while. Things changes so fast these days. New people has new ideas and not always for the better. Hope you will get adjusted soon, Princess. Otherwise, like you say - look for something different. Good luck in the process.
    Had a nice dinner out with friends last night. They had just come back from a trip to Vietnam and Cambodia - so lots of interesting talk. We ended up going to Oye's - a Chinese restaurant in Reading. If you haven't been there, it is worth a try. The  food is great and so is the service. Our friends were very impressed.
    Not much interesting stuff on my plate today. Have to go to get my monthly shot, before going to the office.
    Have a good day - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I'm not sure if they will get another hamster, that will be his dad's decision, as he mostly takes care of it.  We will be burying Josh in the yard somewhere later I think.   Tulips I never watched the shows you mentioned except for NCIS. We DVR Glee and watch that on the weekends. Hope everyone has a good day today. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

I am a big HBO, Showtimes series fan.  Love them all.  But loving the RHOC has started.  And I watched the second half of the RHBH reunion.  Must admit I am hooked on all these housewives.  Makes my life look simple.  Happy it is hump day and the end is near this week.  Been blah and not really wanting to work.  Hate those weeks.  I hope everyone has a great day!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It must be the February Blahs, Amber, even tho we've lucked out with the temps and weather.  Someone I was talking to yesterday said she just hasn't been feeling good - not sick in any way, just blah.  G.T. emailed me yesterday afternoon that he had brought two pieces of valentine fudge I gave them into work for an "emergency", and that he had just eaten both pieces hoping they'd give him enough of a lift to finish out the workday!

Slow in getting around this morning - that's the way I go, up and at em, out at 9:30 one day, and then dragging around barely even getting showered and dressed by 10:00, the next.  Hate the morning to get away from me.

My computer is acting strange.  Went in to clean out a lot of "sent" emails, and by the second click it had wiped it clean!  Same thing with the "trash".  I'll leave the regular email box alone, I know there are some things there I want to keep.

Well, up and at em, I go.  It's 9:00 already.  Feels like a Friday to me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh how I would like some fudge right now. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was thinking yesterday afternoon about making another batch, but now there's so much on TV about sugar and wanting to ban (?) consumption?? I didn't catch the whole thing on the news, probably because banning sugar consumption is not something I want to hear!  LOL

Just emailed Lilly's grandma to see if they would like to come down this week-end and Lilly could make some valentine cookies.  Also have some of the card stock and valentine decorations left from GD making her valentine card, and thought Lilly bug would get a kick out of that too.  Sounds as tho her 10 yr. old brother would want to come too - I get a kick out of him enjoying coming here, really nothing for a boy his age to do, but he seems perfectly happy when he's here.  It may go back to the "sugar" discussion - there's always plenty of that stuff here, and at home his mother keeps a close eye on what they eat.  At Nana Nana's, it's open range, I let their grandma be the decider on what and how much.