February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: February 2012

Just love your relationships with your grandchildren and great grandchildren.  I hope to be blessed some day.  I find ear plugs are especially helpful when sugar consumption is discussed anytime....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

LOL, Amber.  Up until that suggestion, I've just walked out of the room!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Before you know it we won't be able to eat anything.  I think everything is fine in moderation.  TT, I too love the your relationship with your grand and great grandchildren. How lucky all of you are.  My son would enjoy eating cookies with you.  :) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I can't agree more Winter.  I think it is ridiculous and I don't need the government telling me what is good for me.  Think I figured that out years ago.  Everything in moderation is my saying too.  I went into my corner store a while ago and asked if they had snowballs. I was craving a package and knew they carried them.  (anyone remember snowballs : )  He told me they aren't selling Hostess anymore and that Hostess filed for bankruptcy again.  I almost cried.  tt, will understand that since we share a sweet tooth : )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Someone must be buying them out, aren't they?  I do indeed remember snowballs with the coconut covered pink covering that you could practically peel off!

Well, Winter, your son may just be able to come over and eat cookies with me this week-end, if he wants to help make them too - DIL, Lilly's grandmother, just got Celtics tickets from her boss for Sunday's game.  I know Sat is the only day she has to grocery shop and get all her errands done, so have given her the option of coming another week.  Waiting to hear back.

ETA:  She's lured by the sugar cookies, and says Saturday will be just fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The sugar cookies is what my son would want as well :) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I want sugar cookies!  The pink snowballs were always my favorite but they came in white too.  Haven't seen white in a long time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I like the yellow cupcakes. I wasn't a snowball fan, but know what they are. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yellow cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, yodels, devil dogs, twinkies, ring dings.  Hostess cannot go out of business!  LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Uggghhh----couldnt get on this morning- now it's fine.
    TT- I did wind up doing a good chunk of the puzzle last night. Funny about the little kids puzzle--I can relate. Stayed up til after 10:30, which is very late for me. I didn't want to stop- so addictive. 
    When my husband was in the hospital a few years ago, I always did Sudoko--and I always liked the easy ones- which were not always that easy for me ! Some I would fly through- others I would be stumped on
    Oh-no----Hostess- Ring Dings were my favorite. I have to run to the store now- think I will stock up-even though I NEVER buy them. Are they just declaring bankruptcy, or going out of business?
    My coworker brought in a couple of cases of GS cookies to sell for her friends daughter--  I bought a box, and just ate 3 Carmel ones! I had to put the box away, or I would eat many more !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My favorite was probably made by a different company - like a devil dog only bigger and tastier to me.  Can't for the life of me remember what they were called, but I can see them plain as day.

Anyway, I'll be making some cupcakes and frosting half of them with cherry pink and the other half chocolate for dessert for Sat.  I have some heart decorations that you would put on a cake and I'll put one of those in the center of each. Trying to decide what to have for a quick lunch and since I'm not sure just how many will be coming, from 2 to 6, think I'll make a big pan of American Chop Suey with a salad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am hoping tulips they are just declaring bankruptcy but it is the second time.  I very rarely eat them now, but would love to still have them available.  Keep our fingers crossed! Can't go wrong with Amercian Chop Suey tt.  I make it on Sunday's sometimes and have it for dinner for the week.  So tasty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't think these kids have ever had American Chop Suey except for here maybe once.  Their grandma is Italian so makes a delicious sauce and mtballs and sausages.  If I remember right, the 10 yr. old doesn't like green peppers, so he was pleased that it was just hamburg, stewed tomatoes and a little tomato sauce in with the elbow macaroni.

Just dragged the trash out and it is still nippy.

Nothing worth reporting on Y&R today, Icer.

I've called another local son to stop by tomorrow and pick up what's left of the sugar cookies GD made Monday.  I can't keep my hands out of them, and his kids, tho teenagers, still enjoy them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I grew up on it tt.  Cheap way to feed a family of 6.  I put hamburg, onion and pepper and prego with elbow mac.  So good!  I never tired of it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've told this story many times, but until I was grown and had spaghetti at a friend's house, I thought stewed tomatoes, onion, hamburg and a little tomato sauce with elbow macaroni was Italian spaghetti.   That's the way my mother made it, because that was what my father liked.  I was so surprised when I actually had the real thing!  So in my mind and my cooking, there's a big difference in the two.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh yes there is a huge difference.  I make gravy with meatballs and sausage (learned it from an italian girlfriend)  but I still crave the American Chop Suey on occasion.  In my genes : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Just was going thru the Shaws flyer-- I think we are mixing up some Drakes products  with Hostess.  Drakes makes devil dogs and ring dings.  
     They all seem the same-empty yummy calories from our childhood.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"The Talk" had Eric Braedon on a couple of months ago and did a terrible job of interviewing him.  Asked ridiculous questions and was a complete waste of his time, as far as I was concerned.  You would have thought they were bebopping teenagers all agog over how it was to kiss someone.  He must be desperate for the media attention to subject himself to that again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Too funny tulips!  Learned something new!   Love the empty yummy calories remark : ) 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tulips, do you remember the other longer devil dogs that I posted about, and what they were called?  When I shop this week I'm going to look and see if they're still around - just to get the name, of course, not to eat (!!) haha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just googled to try to find those cakes, and Drakes, Hostess, Little Debbie, I guess are all the same manufacturer, if I read correctly.

ETA:  just sent an email to my official taster of such things, G.T., to see if he remembers what they were called.  Funny how something like that can drive you crazy until you think of it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have it!  SUZY Q'S

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I remember Suzy Q's!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You guys are killing the diet-girl with all this talk of ring dings...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

So sorry Kar!  LOL!!!