February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2012

You're welcome.  Now let's have our ice cream cones -

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

On my way.........  YUM!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I'll take an ice cream cone too.  With Jimmies please. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Soooo good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am so jealous right now....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, I missed the entire Y&R today - anything worthwhile that I should go on SOAP tonight and catch it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've been out walking Gracie (despite a little queasiness) and DH just called to say he'll be home in an hour to get ready and go.

mm, thanks - I'm a lot better.  It was 48 hours for me; I'm confused.  Glad you're feeling better.

Ambergirl, you can always share what's on your mind.  I can relate to hating my job; I was very close to quitting, moving to PA with my parents and cleaning houses to support myself.

Got to get the house in order before 4:00 so I can help DH pack and get ready.

Feeling blah...the walk didn't do anything for me for good or bad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Kar.  At least you can rest after DH leaves.  Make sure you do that.  Those stomach bugs take a while.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

My company has PTO as well.  Although they do have a pretty generous time allotment (thought I've been here for 15 years) we have to use our PTO for vacation/sick AND holidays.  Although we only close for the 6 major holidays, we have to use our own PTO for that.  Although my company has great benefits, it's my boss in my dept that's very inflexible.  I guess they are everywhere!

Hope your feeling better Kar.  And Winter - can't wait to hear where you go for dinner!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies.  

Prin, how are you feeling; you've been back almost a week, now...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

DH is gone...sigh.  I'm watching Chopped, though, a fav of mine that he doesn't care for too much.  Gracie has gotten too hot in front of the stove and has started her back and forth between there and her cooler spot in the living room.  I don't have to worry about the house getting "too hot to sleep" with DH gone.  I really can't overdo it for just me, and without DH there to keep me warm, you better believe I'm cranking the heat.

Seems our washer is slowly dying.  I can only hope.  I want to replace it with a HE top loader with an agitator, but, of course, can't go get a new washer if this one still works.  But, the door latch is going, again, and DH just replaced it a few months ago.  And, I noticed the spin is more of a gentle toss (like the wash portion) even though the motor sounds like it's really going.  The end is near...<evil laugh>

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, Winter, Chronical on Channel 5 at 7:30 tonight is having a program on Understanding Cats - just an FYI for anyone with cats who might be interested.  Count me in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Morning All.  Well, I made it to Friday!  It's been a busy week, and a I am just exhausted when I get home, but I am doing okay.  It will take a bit to get used to 10-11 hr work days again!  Then when I get home it's the ususal dinner, laundry, etc. and usually paperwork for DH's business that I take care of.  I just don't know how all of you with kids do/did it.  My hat is off to you all!

Glad the weekend is almost here, even though we may get some snow.  Still plan on going to Mom's tomorrow as long as the snow is not really bad.  My SUV is so good in the snow, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Kar - I watch Chopped a lot too (when I can, DH hates all of the cooking shows).  I just don't like when they have "gross" ingredients to work with (rattlesnake?)!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,
    Beautiful sunrise, I just happened to open up the front window blinds when the sky was a brilliant red orange.

Listening to snow reports and wondering if that will change tomorrow's plans.  I'll have to wait and check with DIL later in the day.  Probably she will wait and see what it is like tomorrow when they would be ready to come, around noon. 

Mad at myself for not realizing I needed more stamps.  Now I have to run out this morning before I meet my friends, pick up stamps, so I can get all the cards in the mail.  I wrote out checks earlier in the week, and thought there were still plenty, 4 is not plenty.  But, I should give myself credit for the running around I was able to do, Michael's, Target, Job Lots, and S&S.  It was such a beautiful day, felt good to be out - except when I came out of Target.  I had left my car in the far reaches of the Job Lots parking lot, and walked over.  When I came out I walked back to the aisle where I thought I had left it - a nearly empty row met me.  Utter panic struck.  "My car's been stolen.  I locked it, who would want that old a car bad enough to break in and steal it?"  Took me a few minutes of standing there to realize it was parked 2 rows closer to Target than I thought.  Old as it is, it looked pretty darn good to me at that point!

Princess, I didn't realize you put in 10-11 hours at work.  That would exhaust anyone, even in the best of health.  Hope you're able to pace yourself when you feel yourself getting tired, and by all means, keep up your nourishment.

I hate "goodbye"s, Kargiver, so I can imagine how you feel when DH leaves for a few days.  So good you have Gracie, to talk to, as well as for the feeling of protection.

Cheerio's talking up a storm here, hasn't been fed yet.  Seeing those svelt cats on Chronicle last night, doesn't deter her a bit from chomping on whatever I put down for her.  Wasn't exactly the type of show I thought it was going to be, but loved seeing all the beautiful breeds of cats, including a rescue shelter cat who has won multiple prizes for "best household cat", Winter.

Must get a move on.  Enjoy this beautiful day, in the 50's, they say.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't know how I did it, either, Princess.  CONGRATS to you for making it your first week.  I hope your iron is where it should be so you can have a nice weekend to relax and not be ill.  My iron has always been OK, as is my heart and everything else that would contribute to stamina, but I've just never had as much as other people.  It's always bugged me.  I'm proud of you for making it.  I know with a stamina issue it's VERY hard.

The neighbor's dog was out barking all night, and Gracie wanted to go out.  I called out, "Ignore Dougal, it's nighttime," and she DID!  She huffed and puffed, tossed and turned, but she didn't whine, again.  What a tremendously good girl.  He literally barked the whole live long night.  At 6:18 (he was STILL barking), she decided it was OK to whine - it was; that's her regular get-up time.

My snuggie family is traveling this weekend (leaving today, actually) and has plans next weekend.  I guess I'll have to drive up on a weekday and miss seeing the Dad until another lunch East.  Too bad, I really wanted to see them both at the same time.  Life doesn't always afford those luxuries, though.  If there's a warm day next week (so I can leave Gracie out) I'll bring it up and visit with Mom and the birthday girl.

Winter, I know your dinner is this weekend, but I'm dying to know where DH made reservations and can't wait to hear all about it after.  Maybe post a pic of you in your dress?  It's so easy to fuzz out faces if you want. :)

While I sure do miss DH, it's a nice breather not to be hurriedly fixing his breakfast, packing his lunch, finding his whatever he can't find, and sending him off to work.  

Gracie and I are going to do something fun today...not sure what yet.

Love you guys!  Thanks for keeping me company!

~kar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Can you share a pic of the snuggie with us?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I guess so (I'm embarrassed!), but then you'll know just how much I've been procrastinating without a date it needs to be done by!  Hold on...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, I thought it was done LOL  Wait til it's done if you want.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I posted before seeing the pic - that's beautiful.  What else do you have to do besides sewing up the seam?  Does it have a hood?  I'm not sure what snuggie's are.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: February 2012:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I thought it was done LOL  Wait til it's done if you want.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah, it should have been by now. I posted an ETA photo, though, anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I need to finish the portion above the sleeve holes that will become the neck and crochet in the sleeves starting at the holes and workout in circles to the desired length.  Here's a photo of the finished product from the pattern for a smaller version, of course.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's adorable.  I'd never seen one, so as you and Pingo talked about it, I drew my own picture in my mind, sort of in the shape of those hooded blankets they have for the little ones when they step out of the tub.  Love the above pic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wish they would have posted a photo of the back.  I've looked at "real" Snuggie brand snuggies, and they have a placket across the back.  This pattern doesn't, but what should it look like?  I'm a little nervous about how this is going to go, another reason I haven't been gung ho to finish.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Sadly, I missed the Cat episode of Chronicle as we were preparing for a math test last night.  Let's just say 5th grade math is more advanced now than when I was in 5th grade.  Kar, what's a placket?  Hope the snow doesn't ruin our dinner plans tomorrow night.  Thought when we got engaged in December of 2010 there was a lot of snow and I when I first found out we were going out for dinner I wasn't happy..lol.  But it clicked because why would be going out somewhere we had to dress up so late at night. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Didn't see Pingo at all yesterday - and so far not this morning - everything alright, Pingo?