February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: February 2012

That's so sweet about gigantic Shadow and little Amber. :)

I know, we're dying to hear all about Winter's celebratory dinner, and I hope we get a pic, too!

Have a wonderful time, Ambergirl - roast chicken is a great choice.  The movie looks cute, too.

Hope we don't get too much snow with DH not here to plow...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, he comes to my waist! The Great Dane in him but the face of a Lab. He bit me when I first moved in. Too hard on my phone to get into without a keyboard. But long story short I had to win him over as his owners thinking because we live on a dead end street he should be unleashed. Will def explain in detail Monday. I was petrified the first time he had contact with Amber but arranged it with the owners. As much as they told me Shadow was good with dogs I had good reason to be doubtful.... but it worked out and they were genuinely sorry. He adores me now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Bridesmaids was a big hit movie. DD said it is really funny. With DH gone you should treat yourself! Don't know if you can order movies with your cable service but I can.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He BIT you?!  Yikes!!  Yes, I'd love to hear that story...glad it has a happy ending, though.

I'll look for Bridesmaids - I remember the ads.  Seems like it was more recent...my brain is mush sometimes.  Thanks!  I have Netflix, and I have on-demand from the cable.  

Speaking of treating myself, I'd like a Chinese takeout dinner, but that would throw a wrench in my weight success...man, is that stuff fattening and salty, but oh so yummy...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I will be sure to tell you the whole story. In a nutshell I ruffled their 6 year old sons hair and they obviously trained Shadow to be protective. Not the dogs fault but put your dog on a lead in your back yard. He terrorized me trying to get to my house from the stairs to the hill. Confronted the wife when I seen her and found out her husband who was there when Shadow bit me never told her. Told her I wanted to make friends with him as it wasn't his fault, just doing what they trained him to do. Stupid a s s owners, not stupid dog. DD was furious. Had to stop her from going down to them. I had puncture wounds and severe bruising on my wrist.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Yes, kar, it might set you back a bit!  About once a year I treat myself to shrimp chow mein with dry noodles, egg foo yong, chicken fingers and pork strips. I try and do it when the kids are around to help with the leftovers.  Boy, it tastes good!  
    Everything in moderation, right?

mothermitzi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

amber, sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. I'm so glad four legged amber is doing well.  Enjoy!

mothermitzi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Surprised, but pleased to see all the posting that went on after I shut down computer yesterday.  But, you know I love to get up to have posts to read.

We think of Prince as mainly a kids' place, mm.  I suppose because sports banquets in this area were/are always held there.  I will say tho, I was there within the last year to a shower, and the food was good.  It's a very rustic place, nothing fancy about it, nothing I would travel as far as you do for a meal.  I think you'll find it filled with teens or young families getting pizza which is really their main item, and I don't care for their pizza.  Other than the shower I mention, I haven't been in there since the boys had various banquets, so I guess my answer would be not worth the trip.  Trying to think where I eat when I want Italian, and I guess you could say, mainly Maggiano's, if the boys are around to drive in, and if it's around here, Capone's in Peabody, again a rustic pub/restaurant.

Amber you had quite a scare with Shadow.  Glad he's gentle with Amber.  I think dogs sense when another is ill.

Where's the snow? Nothing at all doing here.  Just got up so will switch on the TV and see what they're saying now.  At least I can be fairly sure my company will come today, and yours too, Amber.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, everyone!  Boy, did we sleep in without DH, a 5:30-6:30 riser, here to wake up his girls - made it to a ripe ol' 7:15, and Gracie wasn't even the culprit, lol.  And, the neighbors brought their dog in early last night so NO BARKING - it was SO QUIET!

mm, indeed, everything in moderation.  The thing is, usually when DH is away, I get Chinese on the first night and eat it every night thereafter.  Not exactly "moderation," but like you pointed out, you need people to help with leftovers...  So, none for me this time.

tt, you should be a restaurant reviewer.  I enjoyed reading your description, and it didn't even apply to me.

We got a little snow (barely a covering), and it's snowing lightly, still.  So glad I'm not snowed in; I'd be stuck for awhile.

Off to make my cuppa.

~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Keeps spitting a few little flakes here, but not even staying on the grass. Good!

Decided to fill whoopie pies this morning, and since there were 16, have divied them up, 8 for Lilly Bug's family, and 8 for son's tomorrow.

What are you up to today, Kargiver, besides finishing the snuggie (haha)?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Haha, for sure - I'm looking at it thinking that I don't have enough yarn to finish and must go buy more, again.  So, you can imagine how that's playing into the general procrastination picture, lol.

The sun is coming out here (no snow since about 9:00, and it's disappearing fast), and I'll be taking Gracie for a nice, long walk soon.  Then, to the business of cleaning.  I've let things slide!  

Have fun in the kitchen, tt!  Tomorrow, I'll be making a few things for the week.  Meatloaf comes to mind as does another tomato sauce.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I almost chose a meatloaf to make for today, because I know DIL loves it, but wasn't sure about the kids, and since I never really got an answer just how many were coming, figured American chop suey was the safe bet.   A one dish meal too.

Just had my one sided whoopie pie heaped with the remains of the filling - that will hold me sweetwise for a while.

Have you totaled up how much that snuggie is costing to make?  It must be running up there.  One of the girls I had lunch with yesterday was the one who gets her yarn at Webbs.  She said, funny thing, after I last asked her again for the name of the shop, she checked the project she was working on and it is part bamboo.  She said it's incredibly soft.  I didn't tell her you found what you were looking for at Walmart.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OMG, it IS adding up, tt.  I'm relieved I didn't get the pricey stuff, but I do want to go to Webbs at some point.  I have a girlfriend here in town who'd like to make a road trip of it, too.

Chop suey is yummy for all, definitely a good choice for the kiddos.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Gentle rain/snow is falling here. Doesn't look like it is going to matter to much. Looking at the weather map it is all out to sea except for the Cape.
    Gorgeous picture of Gracie at Cranes Beach. She looks so royal. Kar, re the snuggie. Could you add some strings to tie in the back or maybe a button hole w/ a huge button? Toddlers move around a lot; they don't sit quietly watching TV and reading books like Winter does? - LOL.
    mm, I can only second what tt said about Prince. Except, it is not just a children's pizza place. When we moved up here it was the best pizza in the Boston area. We used to drive all the way to Somerville to get a good pizza, until we one night were tired coming from town and stopped by at Prince. At that time it was just a small obscure place on Rt. 1. It is definitely a pizza place, even though they now serve other Italian pasta dishes. We used to go there, when Arthur and his father would sit down at our table and chat. Then the father died and then later Arthur's wife (can't for the sake of me remember her name right now) passed away. The sons got into the business more and more and the quality of the food declined, while the prices escalated. Now, that Arthur is gone, the place is not the same. But if you have never been there, it is still worth a visit - IMO. They still have the better pizzas in the Boston area. I know your Dad lives around here, so for you it would be a nice excursion. I love their Antipasto. It is by no means a quiet place to sit down and relax. But I think your Dad would enjoy it, just for what it is. And the food is still good. It is a place I would go to for pizza, NOT Italian food. Other restaurants in the area are much better for that.
    DH just left for his team tennis match. I have a load in the dryer and one in the washer. Laundry never seems to end. The bell just rang - chat later.
    - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I had thought about just those two things - a tie or a big button!  LOL - great minds think alike.  However, I wonder if that will encourage her to get up and try to walk with it, a tripping hazzard...it's always something, isnt' it?  I don't know.  This whole darned project was a mistake, but I'm in too far, now, to quit, and while it won't be my favorite gift it won't be a dud, either, hopefully.

I'm dragging here without DH, but have started cleaning and have the dusty tablecloth in the wash.  Moved the broken cabinet door out of sight.  Put Gracie out to play.  She was well on her way to sleeping the day away.

I sent that regal looking pic to DH, it was my favorite of about the 20 I kept.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    If she decide to walk in it, she will - button or no button. But the baby does have a mother, who can look out for her, and I am sure she will. You know these days, no matter how much we try to make our children safe and secure, there will always be that one thing no-one has thought of. 
    When I think of my "babies", they were playing with toys, no parent would allow in their childrens's sight today. And they had plenty of strings in their clothing as well. And guess what? They were fine. But of course, I was a stay at home mother, who could watch them all day. And I think this is the  key to many accidents, the children were not watch properly. I feel so bad for mothers, who have to rely on someone else to watch their children.
    I believe in this particular case the baby will be just fine with something to tie in the back of the snuggle. - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mmm, probably right. :)  She's a SAHM and appropriately vigilant.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Thanks tt and pingo.  Instead of Kelly's, maybe we'll pop in for a pizza on a Friday night.  He has mentioned it several times now and I think I'll just take him to satisfy his curiosity.  

Well, this storm is a bust.  Think I'll bundle up and go out for a walk.  No lunch plans so I'm thinking about trying a new place in the area.  tt, your chop suey will go over well with everybody I'm sure.  Great day for cookie baking.

mothermitzi   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Kar--beautiful pics of Gracie !
    TT- I want Whoopie pies now.
    MM-clam chowder and lobster roll--yummy !
    Amber-have fun with your friend, and Winter- hope you have a great night !
    We went out with friends last night to local place for burgers. We both have half leftover-may reheat later- or , as usual, get thrown out.
    I didn't get out of bed until 11:45! Seems like I cant get enough sleep lately.
    And I woke up hungry, which NEVER happens. So cooked 2 pieces of bacon, and some scrambled eggs. DH didn't want any-he is waiting for Sunday breakfast, which is the only day I cook a breakfast.
    Every weekend for the last 4 mos or so I am never up before 9:30, it seems.
    Not sure why--I don't stay up late.
    Barely snowing here- not sure what to expect, but I got everything that we need for the weekend yesterday, in anticipation of some heavier snow. ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tulips, I wonder if you should get your thyroid function checked; low thyroid function could readily explain your sleep changes, and being a woman over 60 is a risk factor all by itself.

You ladies near the coast have all the snow, now, it seems.  We have bright sun.  Will try to send it your way.

Speaking of the sun, off we go for our walk.  I'm not really feeling into it, but, oh, well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Sun is out here, now. Snow never even stuck on the grass. Another botched forecast !
    Kar, I do have a low Thyroid-maybe my  med needs to be raised. I am not 60 yet--still have a couple of years to go!!  But Thyroid trouble-both over and underactive- runs in my family.
    MM-Have you tried Polcaris on Rt 1? We went there many times-always good. And great pizza-Regina's. Love their spicy oil, too. I always got a bottle to take home.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I had a wonderful valentine surprise, my son came with Lilly, her brother and my DIL.  He usually craves the empty, quiet house to himself when they come down.  What a nice day we had.  More than enough chop suey and salad, and all the other valentine fixings went home with them.  Darn it, forgot to snap a pic of the tray of cookies again.  Lilly used the fancy sugar hearts on some of them.  For dessert, she and her brother opted for Friendly's 3 flavored ice cream in a sugar cone with choc jimmies that they kept redipping in a dish of jimmies I provided for them.  The puzzle I picked up for Lilly was a hit and now her Nana, who helped her, wants to start doing them again too.

Was surprised when I went to the door with them when they left, the fresh air feels wonderful and a lot warmer than I had thought it would be.  Dishes are in the dishwasher, so all's to do is straighten up a bit and put the sprinkle brigade back in the cabinet til next time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was going to suggest Polcari's, Tulips, but I really wasn't sure if that was an eat in place - I know my son always picks up his pizzas there, and they are the best around.  Really enjoy them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Grrrrr    I have been having logging on trouble all day  grrrrr

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, are you on Google Chrome?  I forget.  It's the only way I can get in and even then sometimes I have problems every time I click.  Listening to my son talk about his computer problems today made me feel better.  His computer cronies gave him advice about some free spyware and firewalls that are a lot computer friendlier than the usual ones most of us use.