February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: February 2012

Happy that helps tt : )  Kar sounded like a wonderful day for you!  Winter, i am sorry but I am cracking up at that scenerio.  Yes, I'm sure he scared himself and lesson learned.  He is still a baby which makes it all the more adorable.  : )  DD had a bad day at work, so going to meet me at the Bistro for a cocktail and vent. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Winter, the poor baby.  He was scared and thought YOU had done something to him.  Cats are like that,  when Cheerio gets herself into some predicament, she looks at me as if to say, "Why did you do that?"  Poor baby.  If something like that happens again, try coaxing him with, "C'mon good boy, want a treat?" (and of course give him a treat!)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, nice that your DD turns to you still when a bad day has come along.  Shows how close you two are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am always grateful for our closeness.  And you are a much nicer person than me tt when it came to poor Yoga and the bag.  I have sick humor at times : ) 

ETA: I meant Yoda, not Yoga! LOL!  My apologies Winter : )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I really didn't mean to cause any uneasiness with the dust mites comments. It is just something I saw on the Today show this morning. I don't let things like that bother me...who knows what else we are all sleeping in, and they really don't hurt you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, well if you remember from yesterday's post or the day before, I'm not always that nice and understanding when it comes to cats and their pranks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I hate it when the guy from Jordan's furniture vacuums the mattress and then empties it out to show us all the dead skin cells, etc., that we're sleeping on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

It is 58 degrees right now here in Reading. Raw this am, but it warmed up. Can't believe it is only Feb. 1st. Too bad it was too raw and cold, when you were in MBHD, tt. One of my favorite places to visit - except for the traffic. I don't drive up there - always get lost w/ all the one-ways.
    Re: mattress. I read somewhere that a 10 year old mattress has become 10lbs. heavier due to  bed mites and skin scales. Nice, huh?
    Funny Yoda story, Winter. But the poor kitty must have been so frightened. Next time use a box instead. Sh b easier for him to get out of, if he gets caught.
    Haven't really thought about dinner yet. Guess with all the good lunches you had today, no ideas to get from you. Maybe baked haddock, if I an get a nice piece. Will see.
    Have been sneezing up a storm today. Hope it doesn't develop into more. Lots of sick people around. Hope you all stay well - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Liz, don't ever think anything you post will make us uneasy.  No way!  I have heard that too but figure they would have eaten me alive by now if it was dangerous : ) And don't do what I did. I googled what they look like!  Yew!!!  But always good to get information and it is appreciated.  I have learned a lot on here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

In Response to Re: February 2012:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, well if you remember from yesterday's post or the day before, I'm not always that nice and understanding when it comes to cats and their pranks.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

LOL!  But it is precious Cheerio!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

[QUOTE]It is 58 degrees right now here in Reading. Raw this am, but it warmed up. Can't believe it is only Feb. 1st. Too bad it was too raw and cold, when you were in MBHD, tt. One of my favorite places to visit - except for the traffic. I don't drive up there - always get lost w/ all the one-ways. Re: mattress. I read somewhere that a 10 year old mattress has become 10lbs. heavier due to  bed mites and skin scales. Nice, huh? Funny Yoda story, Winter. But the poor kitty must have been so frightened. Next time use a box instead. Sh b easier for him to get out of, if he gets caught. Haven't really thought about dinner yet. Guess with all the good lunches you had today, no ideas to get from you. Maybe baked haddock, if I an get a nice piece. Will see. Have been sneezing up a storm today. Hope it doesn't develop into more. Lots of sick people around. Hope you all stay well - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

That was the Jordans furniture TV ad.  I wish he would go away..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Liz you didn't make us uneasy.  My son is actually allergic to dust mites so I've had a mattress cover on his bed since we found out.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies, we did have a lot of fun, but not THAT much fun, lol.  I only had one beer which they shared with me. :)

The Jordan's ad reminded me to wash my mattress protector!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Love your signature line, Amber. But it is not me - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh boy, I am going to get eaten alive tonight...  I hope my sheets can protect me...  I am in a silly mood, don't mind me. Sealed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Too funny Pingo! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm sure anyone who has dust allergies already is aware of precautions to take in reference to their bedding.  Emptying out a vacuum cleaner full of dust and dried skin scales supposedly removed from bedding is taking it over the top.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I agree TT...and its kind of like when the politicians go overboard..I feel that sort of scare tactic is a major turn off

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Have you ever shopped for a mattress at Jordan's? We were looking for a new one a few months ago. Jordan's had great sales. So in we went. Firt time Jordan's shoppers. We were welcomed by all those white coat sales persons, "Welcome to our Sleep Lab." That boomeranged already - and not in their favor. Then we realized, all their brand sounding names are their own. So the Black Diamond (or whatever), you can buy for half price has nothing to do with the real thing. We left disappointed. And sure enough, their ads are a turn off - at least for us.
    Talking about something better. I have stuffed cod in the oven right now. That with a baked sweet potato and sea weed salad will be our meal tonight.
    Have a good evening all - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, Y&R, today's episode is on SOAP right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Adam is still blind.  Jack survived surgery after his heart stopping (during which time he had a conversation with his father who told him he had to go back that there were wonderful things for him to accomplish and his true love yet to come), but the dr. tells him because of how close to the spine the bullet is lodged he may never walk again - Paul's son found Patti in some kind of storage room of the church.  She was going around lighting candles at the Blessed Virgin statues (I thought she was going to end up burning the place down), he got her to tell him that Adam was the one who helped her escape from the hospital - then Paul and Ronan burst in and found them.  And on a lesser note Cain told Genevieve he could no longer consider himself her son.

I'm shutting down for the night now.  that was just for you, Icer, in case you didn't see it.  Chat tomorrow.  Goodnight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]Have you ever shopped for a mattress at Jordan's? We were looking for a new one a few months ago. Jordan's had great sales. So in we went. Firt time Jordan's shoppers. We were welcomed by all those white coat sales persons, "Welcome to our Sleep Lab." That boomeranged already - and not in their favor. Then we realized, all their brand sounding names are their own. So the Black Diamond (or whatever), you can buy for half price has nothing to do with the real thing. We left disappointed. And sure enough, their ads are a turn off - at least for us. Talking about something better. I have stuffed cod in the oven right now. That with a baked sweet potato and sea weed salad will be our meal tonight. Have a good evening all - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Each furniture store "builds" their own mattresses! I purchased mine at Cardis after reviewing a cross comparison chart of each stores model/name chart that allowed me to compare apples to apples....in this case mattresses. I didn't buy a new box spring (I don't sleep on that!) I didn't buy a pillow top mattress (you can't flip it!)...Good luck!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thanks TT..great job...I saw your announcement last night(you are so good to me *blush*) So I knew it was on at 7..I did watch...kind of...but it is VERY different when Honey is home...nice to know someone's got my back...so to speak

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Of course, I understand completely.  Cheerio doesn't much care for soaps either.

Was just watching the Today show, featuring a preview of some of the Super Bowl commercials.  I had already seen one for a yellow convertible and the high school grad who thinks it's for him (can't remember the make, what does that say?) that is great.  Today they showed the new BMW (remember last year's kid in the Star Wars costume?) of an overweight dog who goes into training to lose weight to be able to get through the doggie door to race with the car.  Cute as the devil.  I might just have to watch to see the commercials!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The commercials are the best part!  I'll miss them, though, until they are on after the game since my friend is coming and we'll be hiking with Gracie.  I need to start planning our lunch...

Today, will be attempting to finish the snuggie.  I talked to the dad, and he seems to think that even if it's technically too big she'll really like it.  And, he's pumped to think it will be big enough for her for as long as possible.  Oh, and he mentioned the bear I made for her last year - it's her FAVORITE stuffed animal, and she still carries it around and hugs it at night.  YAY!!!  You always wonder, and can never ask.

You'll never guess what happened this morning as I was helping get DH ready for work, packing his lunch.  Went to close the cabinet door that is a framed piece of plate glass, and the edge of the wooden frame closest to the hinge BROKE almost all the way through at the top and bottom - it was held together by a couple of splinters. DH had to jump up from breakfast and remove the door hinges while I held it in astonishment.

Gracie is out with her boyfriend enjoying the warm weather.  Phil predicted 6 more weeks of Winter, but if it's anything like it has been, I'll take it. :)

What's on everyone's agendas today?  Getting ready for SB parties?  

~kar