February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2012

Lucky DH was still home to jump in and help.  Could have been a splintering glass mess with possible cuts.

Nice to hear the little one's parents are excited about your birthday present choice.  Have they reschedule the party yet?  Dying to see the finished product. How cute that she carries around the bear.  You never know what's going to strike their fancy.

Still have a couple of valentines to find for the teens - the hardest funny yet appropriate cards to find.  Will probably run out again today.  Hate to wait until the last minute when they're all picked over.  Pillows I bought yesterday must have hit the mark, because I went to bed a little after 9 and slept clear though until 4:30.  That's a record for me.  Laid there and finally got up at 5:30, so although I haven't accomplished all the early morning things I thought I was going to, still have a good start on the day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Isn't it cool she loves her bear?  Like you say, you can't script what will appeal to little ones.

Surprisingly, I find Walmart to have the widest selection of cards, many of which I really like for every occassion - they are my first stop, and I usually don't have to go anywhere else.  I don't know if the same buyer (or philosophy) applies to every store, but it's worth a try, I think.

I've been considering getting a new pillow...glad you found the right one for you, tt.  A good night's sleep just can't be beat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    So did Phil see his shadow or not? I always forget which one it is predicting an extended winter. Like you Kar, I will take another 6 weeks of the winter we had this year. Especially yesterday. Wasn't that something? Can't wait to see the finished snuggie. Cute, she is so happy for the bear. Would you have enough time and yarn to make a snuggie for the bear, matching hers? She would love it.
    Thank you RT. We do a lot of research as well, when we shop. Quality as well as prices. We stopped looking for mattresses, after we "slept" on only God knows how many - and found our own was much better, than any ones we tried. The new mattress idea started, b/c DH read somewhere, that one should change it after 10 years, and ours is much older than that. But we do flip it, turn it and vac it frequently.
    It was a happy morning. Our female cardinal, we haven't seen in weeks, and I thought had become a victim of the hawks - was here happily feeding with her mate. I am just wondering, where she has been all this time.
    Getting ready to go for my treatment, then to work. have a great day all - Pingo

ETA: Kar, that broken cabinet door could have been a disaster. Count your blessings, that it happened while DH were at home and you both were near it to see it happen. This dry winter air is hard on furniture and wood work. Good it had a happy ending.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He saw his shadow.  I can never remember, either, but I saw the whole big production this morning on NECN.

What a wonderful idea to make a bear snuggie!  I can do that, and never would have thought of it not having been around too many toddlers in my life.  I think I need to hit up Walmart AGAIN for more yarn (I'd run out before the bear got one, anyway).  It's eating yarn like a monster.

Glad your cardinals weren't lunch for a hawk.  Funny you haven't seen them around, though, since they are Winter birds.  

ETA:  Yes, ladies, I sure was thankful DH was home.  I couldn't hold it up and go get a screwdriver at the same time...not sure how I would have handled it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, it may be a good idea to check the rest of the cabinets, if you haven't done so already. Was this particular cabinet door near your wood burning stove? That could be another reason, it dried out. - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Another nice day.  I had a good time with DD last night.  Just love the Bistro. The bartender is married to a friend of hers, so made it more fun.  Kar, how scary with your cabinet because of the glass.  I agree with Pingo, DH should check them all out.  Love the idea of the snuggie for the bear too.  tt happy you got a good night sleep.  I never sleep through the night.  Just use to it now. But once in a while I get lucky and it feels so good.  Hope today goes by fast.  Have a wonderful day everyone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad you had fun, too, ambergirl!  I used to sleep through the night every single night until we got married - he gets up to use the restroom every night around 2am, and it wakes me up.  Sometimes it really gets to me.

Pingo, yes the one with the crack is the closest one to the wood stove - good thought.  All but one of the the other cabinet doors are solid so they don't have the narrow frame of wood around the glass that might crack.  It seems OK, but the one that broke this morning seemed OK, too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning.  When we got our new mattress last year we went to Jordans and bought a Sealy for a fantastic price. In fact it was the lowest price around and we shopped around a lot. Kar, glad DH was home to help you with the cabinet.  I myself need to get a new pillow, not this weekend sadly but maybe. Amber, glad you had a good time with DD last night.  How is Amber doing? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks for asking Winter.  She is doing really good (knock on wood) She is getting groomed this Saturday, so we will see how she does on the walk.  Any more funny Yoda stories?  Kittens are a riot : )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

No new stories yet except she kept me up most of the night.  We keep the door that leads upstairs open so I can hear my son if needed but if this keeps up we will have to close it to keep Yoda out.  He keeps scratching the heat register the bed, etc. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I feel your pain. I use to have to close my door too. They sleep most of the day when we are gone, so they think nightime is playtime.  They do outgrow it thank God. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Brrrrr.  Another cold, raw day.  Heavy grey clouds hanging low and the seagulls have come in and are screeching.  Yet, the weatherman says nothing about any storm, and that's usually when the seagulls come in here.

Found 2 more cards, not exactly what I wanted, but better than what I had already seen - Target.  They have a good supply.  Picked up more candy for their valentine boxes and of course had to stop in S&S.  I must own stock in that company by now.  Stopped by the packie to get a 6 pack of Michelob Ultra, just in case I feel like one over the week-end.  Everyone else in line was buying big cases of beer - I told him I was having a "very small" super bowl party!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It got cold here in Boston too.  Just in the last hour.  I hope it doesn't rain as they did not mention it on the news this morning and i don't have an umbrella.  Love your "very small" super bowl party!  Nice reminder I will get myself a bottle of wine for Sunday : )  DD is going out with friends and is beside herself.  She is too cute with the Patriots.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I won't have to get anything at the packie.  My brother doesn't drink and I think my SIL only drinks White Zinfandel and have some of that.  Actually, I may need to get some Mike's Hard Lemonade for me for putting up with her. :) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love that and never think to buy it.

Now, now, Winter, be nice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Nah Winter, I like the naughty side. I need company!  LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, if you're going to be naughty, I guess this is a safe place to do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I got a 12 pack of that Spring Sam Adams...I could be very naughty!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Too funny : )  I went to get lunch and it is so raw outside!  Looks like snow or rain too.  What a difference from yesterday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I try I really do.  I love my brother dearly and miss him so that's why I invited them over.  The SIL had some major issues with my mom, who was of course in the right.  So I just suck it up and deal with it.  I accidentally made her cry once becaues I of course took my mom's side. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Do not miss the in laws for real....  my SIL was a piece of work too Winter.  If I ever told you the things she did when my husband died, you would hang your jaw. I shielded my daughter from it but she made the mistake one day of trashing me in front of her.  Gave her enough rope and she hung herself. Needless to say she has no relationship with my daughter now and that was her brothers only child. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry that happaned to you Amber.  They got married a few months after us last year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Sorry about the rant : )  Haven't thought about her in years until I read your posts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

No need to be sorry, that's why we are here. :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Having a terrible - underlined, terrible - time with computer today.  It must have picked up a virus or something.  had an automatic update last night and today I keep losing both Chrome and IE.  So, in case I don't post any more, you'll know what it is.  I've shut it down completely a couple of times but still keeps happening.  Now it's telling me to adjust my computer's settings.  I've no idea what it's talking about.