February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2012

Just had my "boiled dinner" and it was delicious - muffins are definitely a keeper recipe.  I'm holding myself back not to have another.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They look delicious...how will you stop at just one?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have to, I'm stuffed!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Kar, the snuggie is so cute! You are an amazing knitter! How about I email you my address and you knit me a blankie ;)

Just went for a long walk with the dog and DH, felt good to get out and really walk; it is hard after work. I feel like we were so blessed with this winter, nice and mild and no snow cleanup! Kar, did you guys get any snow on Friday??

Having a late lunch of my moms homeade chicken pot pie soup, yum!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    Just saw Amazon charges $81.00 - excellent price. Lunch company left and I just ordered myself a pressure cook book. There are so many, but this one had excellent reviews: 200 Best Pressure Cooker recipes - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Liz!  ETA:  We only got a dusting of snow, but it flurried on and off all day.  We have bare ground, now, but there are spots of packed ice in the woods.

Pingo, glad you got a cookbook specifically for your "miracle pot" - you'll be using it every day!  Talk about a good use of under $100.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, Kar. Good use - and I must already have saved the price of the cooker in electricity, by not using my stove top or slow cooker. Could kick myself for not getting it sooner. But I kept having visions of that purple ceiling from red cabbage from my childhood. This is the case, where the chicken (my DIL) taught the hen.
    - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi ladies : ) Checking in. Had a blast with my friend yesterday. Didn't get home until after midnight and slept until 10:00. Unheard of for me. Much needed I'm sure. Amber was up and about today like a puppy! So happy athritis is better. Love that dog.. caught Tigger and Boo cleane each other and sleeping together. Great animal day in my house today : )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, those apple muffins look great. I may want to try them. Looks like you have pieces of apple in them. I hope they freeze well. I make blueberry muffins to freeze for a quick breakfast for whenever I am stuck for time. Just take out a couple at the time. They stay very well.
    Did you have a chance to go out? We went to my SIL for a couple of hours. It is really, really cold out. Especially after the wind picked up.
    DH asked not to have boiled dinner tonight. Think he had enough ham for now. Two dinners and one lunch. But there is still plenty left. I think I will do like you do and slice it up and freeze it in individual packages. We had a big lunch, so I am thinking of making lentil soup.
    Are you going to watch the Oscars? We haven't followed the movies, so we may just watch for a little while. Have a good evening - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone.
    Amber - glad to hear Amber is acting better!

Pretty uneventful weekend here, but that's okay.  Daytona 500 was postponed until today, so that was a bummer.  I will try to listen to (they are supposed to run at noon) but it won't be the same.  Oh well. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies, I am home today to nurse my cold : ( will check in occasionally. Have a good day!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Quick post before the day starts.  Haven't heard if Papa is coming along with Lilly and her Nana, but everything (except a cake) is ready for them.  Papa's birthday is the first part of March, so if he's along, I'll take us out to eat.  Otherwise, Lilly's request is always to make cookies and have her favorite lunch, mac and cheese.  Have a roll of peanut butter dough in the freezer I've taken out for her to slice and bake with some green sprinkles on top - for St. Patrick's Day.  Didn't want to be left with a cake, but may whip up some wowie cupcakes after I dress, and slap some chocolate frosting on 4.  Rest they could take home to freeze or eat, as they wish.

Worked my little butt off yesterday around the house and it looks so neat and shiny this morning.  Wasn't necessary for them, but for me.

Started to watch Oscars, but only for about 5 minutes.  Ended up eventually watching Downstairs Abby.  I haven't gone to the movies in a long time, so didn't have any hopes invested in any for a winner.

No apples in the muffins, Pingo.  A week or so ago I made the apple/cranberry bread, but these (unsweetened applesauce) cupcakes with the amount of cinnamon and allspice called for, were just right for my palate.  Of course the sugar, cinnamon, chopped nuts (probably what you saw and thought were chopped apple) on top, was a good addition.  Taken out in 20 minutes, they are moist, and I'm sure would freeze well - but other than keeping one or two for myself, they'll go home with family today.

Okay, I'm off.  Sunny out and promises of temps in the high 40's (before the snow comes Wednesday), so hope everyone enjoys the day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Sorry I never got on this weekend, it was just busy.  We went to the Home Show on Saturday and talked to some fence companies.  We were quoted between 5K - 9K for the vinyl fence we are looking for.  We'll call and get some actual estimates.  tt, those muffins look great.  I may give them a try without the nuts.  Snuggie looks good, Kar.  I'm sure mother and daughter will love it.  Amber, hope you are feeling better today.  Pingo, which pressure cooker is it? Now I'm intrigued.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, thinking of you and the discussion we had about "short visits".  Just got a call from DIL, Papa is not coming, and DIL and little Lilly have to leave by quarter to one to get back and pick up Lilly's sister from school (kids' parents are away).  Sooo glad I didn't make a birthday cake - not even making the cupcakes.  Will send home the peanut butter cookies (thank Gawd that is a quick bake and not my usual roll out recipe) and some muffins.  Mac and cheese lunch at quarter to 12!  --  "Hello"   EAT    "Goodbye"  !!  LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry it's not a longer visit tt.  But I'm sure she'll be so pleased to see her Nana Nana.  :) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Oh tt, so sorry for the change in plans. Even though you are a trooper, you must be disappointed. Good you got to know in time, before the muffins and cake was in your oven. What would you have done w/ all those goodies then? LOL. Enjoy whatever time you have with Lilly.
    Amber, you sound in a lot happier mood today - despite your cold. The weekend must have done you good. How is your throat? Great to hear Amber is doing better.
    I have the Cuisinart electric pressure cooker, Winter.
    http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/cuisinart-electric-pressure-cooker/
    I pulled up WS, b/c they have the best picture of it. But make sure you shop around. The price varies so much. I think Amazon and Costco have the best price at the moment. I have seen it advertised for $71, but it is an unknown company to me; could be refurbished. Good luck - I know, you will love it. I should get my pressure cook book tomorrow. Can't wait.
    Not much excitement on my plate today. Finished two loads of laundry and some ironing this morning. Now off to work. The new motor is being installed in our elevator right now. Will probably not be done before I get there, so me and my old knees will have to take the stairs. Going up is not so bad. It is going down, that is a problem. Hopefully it will be done today.
    It is going to be a nice warm day. Hope you will be able to enjoy it - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!  

DH is still on CA time (well, an hour off still, anyway), and we got up late.  I had to run off to the chiropractor and TJs this morning.

Winter, thanks for the vote of confidence on the snuggie.  It looks like a real one laid out flat?

Ambergirl, hope your day home will yield big payoffs for how much better you feel tomorrow.  And, great news about Amber!!!  I bet she's happy to have you home.  How is your neice?  Did you see my apology for being mixed up?

tt, I guess you're sitting down to mac n cheese about now...sorry your plans got revised so sharply.

Pingo, that's quick for the repair guy to come - that's great.  Hopefully, he'll be done before you need to get upstairs.

Friend might be coming over this afternoon, and I left in a hurry this morning so the house is too dishevled for company.  Got to put it together.  Then, maybe take a nap...totally dragging today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I call that a chew and scr@w.. and I let DD know that. Lol! But it happens and I am grateful for the time I get : ) Kar, can I send you a personal message? I know you have posted that before. p.s. Amber is over her athritis episode it seems and I am happy. Niece is very ill from final round of chemo. They really blasted her since it is the final round. But thank you for asking about her..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think it looks like ours Kar.  Our's are just longer because we have a kid size and an adult size.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter!  YAHOO!

Ambergirl, sorry your neice is having such a hard time.  I went through this with SIL with her breast cancer...awful.  Yes, feel free to write me at kargiverbdc @ gmail.com

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ping, you are correct about my happy mood.No matter how sick I have been, having Amber better makes my day : )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

(Ambergirl, I posted a response to you on the previous page.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, I'm glad Amber seems to be better the last few days.  I'm sure she loves that you are home with her today.  Hope you are feeling better. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, sent you an email, hope you got it. Winter thank you : )

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

So cute.. Amber sound asleep on pillow on couch. Boo sitting so close to me a credit card couldn't get between us. And last but not least Tigger sitting on top of couch behind my head. Think my fur babies know I am sick!