February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: February 2012

Aw, that's so sweet.  I think Gracie got skipped when that empathy gene was passed out that pets are supposed to have.  She doesn't seem to get it...she's just not a cuddler. :(

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Why would she be? She's gorgeous and know s it! Just joking : ) trust me she knows when her world is slightly off. Watch closely next time : )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have not been able to get in touch with my niece. I heard through family she is very sick from her final round of Chemo. They blasted her with a high dose. This is a nasty cancer and survival rate is not good. She just turned 34, so this is beyond unfair.. been holding back on my CC friends but don't want to do that anymore.. I hope it is ok I share this as I will need you guys down the line I'm sure.. please let me know if you would rather I not share. I will not be offended!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

No worries amber.  I will certainly keep your niece, you and her family in my thoughts and prayers. Everybody in my life, including my CC family share in my prayers. 

This past weekend was a good one.  Could barely get out of bed Sunday morning after all I ate Saturday night.  My friends served grilled lamb chops and vegetables.  I happened to bring a couple bottles of Malbec, which went well with the lamb.  Baked Alaska for dessert.  Sunday I went to see 'The Artist.'  I liked it, but liked 'Hugo' better. Aside from 'The Help,' 'Midnight In Paris' and 'War Horse' I hadn't seen any of the others. Like a fool, I sat up and watched the whole thing.

Deceivingly warm today.  It will be interesting to see how much snow we actually get this week (if any).  The forecasters are all over the map, no pun intended.  I like Matt Noyes.  He's usually pretty accurate.

tt, hope you had a nice visit, albeit a short one.  Sometimes, you have to just roll with it.  I understand, believe me.

mothermitzi

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Share away Amber we are all here for you.  Too cute that your furbabies know you are not feeling well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you mm and Winter.. makes my heart glad to have you all as my friend : ) I love lamb chops! Cooking a pot pie for myself. Hope tt had fun shopping

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, sorry about the shopping comment.. skimed the posts : ( hope your visit was good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll keep you and your niece in my prayers, Amber. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you Winter. Means a lot..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, sorry to hear your niece is suffering so.  They've come such a long way in meds to give for the nauseau from chemo, sorry that they haven't helped her.  It goes without saying that we're all remembering her and your entire family in our daily prayers.  Feel free to vent here anytime, most of us have been through it with a family member, and come out on the other side.

Well, my DIL is not known for being early for anything, so since I know Lilly's favorite dessert these days is an ice cream topped with jimmies and I didn't have any ice cream in the house, decided I had plenty of time to run to S&S and pick up some.  While I was there, got the 15 or so other items on my list and made it back to the house at 10:00, to see a van parked in the driveway!  Luckily I had left the doors open and Lilly was painting a pic when I came in.  We had a nice visit, got everything in except what I had wanted to do with her, run to the store and let her pick out a present for being so brave after a  mishap a few days ago resulted in her getting 4 staples in her head.  Since I hadn't mentioned that, she never knew the difference.  Made the cookies, peanut butter with green sprinkles, had our mac and cheese with muffins along with, and her first course, an ice cream in a sugar cone with jimmies!  She's a very lucky little girl, my DIL is a wonderful grandmother - and DIL.  Always giving of herself.  I really appreciated her driving down here and then having to head back in such a short time frame.  Kept 2 muffins and the rest along with the cookies, and last of the lemon loaf, went home with them. - It will be time to start baking again!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ambergirl, if we can't share the scary and sad, what is the fun we share really worth?  We are friends, and friends go through it all together.  Of course, you and your niece and Amber have my prayers, as well, as do all my CC friends. Just because we don't know each others' names doesn't make us any less real.

mm, malbec is my favorite new wine discovery.  Sounds like you had a great time.  I'm looking forward to having Pingo's lamb for DH's birthday on the 11th.

Some of his gift arrived today.  I got him a number of things instead of one big thing since I couldn't think of a THING he would want or need.  The trail GPS was a big hit last year, but you only need one of those, lol.  I better put it away before he gets home!

My friend did come over this afternoon.  Such a blessing.  We relate so well to each other having been through so many similar things.

Now, I have to get moving on a couple of must-do tasks before daylight escapes us.

Blessings,
    ~kar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, missed your post 'til now when I saw "tt" pop up on the main page.  

What a great visit, but wouldn't that be the one time they arrived early!  LOL  Anyway, glad it was no big deal, and, like you say, you hadn't mentioned the shopping excursion so it wasn't missed.  So great to have wonderful extended family so dedicated to fostering family ties.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, sounds like you had a wonderful visit, albeit short.  Figures they were there early, Murphy's Law you know.  Kar, my DH's birthday is in Mach as well, the 5th. So we are both January and our DH's are both March.  :) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Just woke up from a nap which was probably needed, but I may be in trouble later trying to sleep. Kar, thank you for your kind words and you are right. I should be ok with sharing. You are all wonderful and I am blessed to know all of you. tt, sounds like you had a fun day with GGD. I never had a grandmother, so yours are blessed : )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It was a fun day, but don't know if you have ever made peanut butter cookies - Once you have the round on the cookie sheet, you dip a fork in flour and first press one way and then across.  She had more fun dipping the fork in the flour and eventually her handprint, then the sprinkles or any other part!  I told her Nana I should just put out a dish of flour for her to play with next time she is down!

How are you feeling today?  Going to work tomorrow?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Chuckling at that picture tt : ) yes, going to work tomorrow. Rare for me to call in more than one day. Have to try and save them for the good weather! Going to sign off for the night. Chat tomorrow my friends!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Will be out most of the day, and up early, earlier than you, Princess!  Didn't hear anything about a storm for today, but already the seagulls are circling and calling.  Love that sound, along with foghorns, and train whistles.

Hope you're feeling better today, Amber.

When I picked up my groceries yesterday, was amazed at their asking $1 a piece for oranges!  And yet, the campari tomatoes that had been $5.95 a week before, were down to $3.99 again.  I've looked them over good and they seem to be fine.  Did luck out with a 7 pack of oranges (from California) on the reduced rack that were only $1.74.  Had one yesterday and they are the navel ones and delicious.  Mention that, I guess, Amber, thinking of vitamin C and my belief that it does help in preventing/fighting off illnesses.

Is anyone else watching "Smash"?  I'm really enjoying that show.  Like the cast.  Icer, the one who plays the actress who will be featured as "Marilyn", reminds me of Phyllis' sister in the Y&R.  Have you seen that the last couple of days?  Yesterday's was pretty good.

Hope everyone has a good day.  May be back on later in the day.

ETA:  I'm rewarded for getting up so early - HH out there waiting to be patted.  Still doesn't want my breakfast offering, sniffed, and went back under the shrub.  Glad to see him and know he's OK.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning tt- I've been up early, just had trouble logging in Smile

Stayed up way too late watching the Daytona 500 last night.  However, woke up to some beautiful new diamond earrings from DH for my bday.  He knows what I like, lol!

Amber - feel free to vent here anytime.  You all have helped me through some difficult times.  Also, I honestly think this group gives wonderful advice on many different things.  Will be thinking of you and your family.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Is today your birthday, Princess?  Happy Birthday!  Wonderful gift to wake up to.  Hope you have a great day.  Are you going out to celebrate tonight?

I didn't have trouble getting on forums, but my regular email (IE) won't let me reply to messages I have and is incredibly slow this morning, blue circle just keeps spinning and spinning.  Even gave it a power surge, but the message just came up, server too busy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, that's funny about our couples' birthdays.  DH's is the 11th.  I'm looking forward to Pingo's lamb...

tt, that is just adorable about the flour.  I remember that being my favorite part of peanut butter cooking making, too.

Happy birthday, Princess!

Amber, hope you can have a relatively restful day, not pushing to catch up from yesterday.  Maybe you can head home a little early today...if I have a cold I've "had it" by 4:00.

Re prices at the market, I spent a whopping $200 at TJs yesterday.  UGH.  But, I'm not buying shoes and jewelry there...goodness, it's crazy.

Won't be online much today as I'm about to jump into high gear to get ready to go visit my friend and deliver the snuggie.  I'm bringing things to cook with her for lunch so have to get there around 11, and it's an hour away.  Yikes, only 2 hours before I have to leave!

Have a blessed day, everyone,
    ~kar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Thank you tt!  It's very strange - it tells me I'm not logged in, but it's letting me post.  Who knows.

Not sure if we'll go out to celebrate tonight - DH hurt his back at work yesterday, so we'll just see how he feels.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Princess, sorry about DH's back.  It's so easy to put it out, just a wrong twist this way or that.

Forums still tell me that I must be logged in to contribute too, but I can post as long as I don't try to use the "reply to this post" button.  I've evidently fallen into that cache.

Kargiver, have fun on your delivery visit today.  Would love to see a pic of your snuggie on the little one, if you can block out her face and feel comfortable posting it.

As far as the grocery prices, I have done remarkably well the past 3 weeks, just picking up what I need to round out meals, and occasional 3 for $1 specials.  I find the secret for me is not to go up and down the aisles, just head for those things on my list, and when I've written it out, kept a $50 limit in mind.  Sounds impossible, I know, it is to me too, but 3 weeks in a row now I've succeeded when I was spending $80-$100 wkly before.  Of course that doesn't include cat food and supplies, those I buy when on sale at PetSmart, or toiletries, those I buy at KMart.  --  I know what it is - those precious colored hens hanging in my doorway that promise prosperity!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

What a nice way to wake up PC with new diamond earrings.  Amber, hope you are feeling better.  tt, glad HH was out that.  I can picture Lily with the flour.  :) tt, I watch smash.  I haven't seen the last two weeks yet, but I have them on the DVR.  The brunette was a contestant on American Idol.  Kar, have a good time dropping off the snuggie.  So last night as I was feeding Yoda, I reached down and pet him not once but twice!!! After the second time he looked at me and slowly walked into the other room.  But I think he liked it.  :) 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  I'll post an anon pic. :)  I'm sooooo excited!  OK, here I go for real this time, lol.  What is with me and procrastinating even with things I WANT to do??????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's hard to drag yourself away from the computer, I know, I have the same problem.