February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2012

Winter, surprised you could pet Yoda while he was eating?  I never touch Cheerio when she's at her food.  I think that is the only time she might growl or hiss at me.  But, congrats on getting to that next step with him.

BTW, beginning to wonder if HH is really PB (Pretty Baby) - his (her) collar is pink.  Could have sworn the other new one I saw was a real red.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Princess, Happy Birthday!!!  Diamond earings would tickle me pink for sure!  : )  I am feeling a little better.  Could have used one more day, but I will take it easy.  You are right Kar, I will be crashing this afternoon.  I brought in some daytime sinus medicine if needed for later.  I know your friend will love the snuggie.  What a great idea and home made just makes it better IMO.  Winter, I told you Yoda would come around!  How exciting.  Did your heart skip a beat. Lol!  HH just makes me smile tt.  Funny he just wants the affection.  Good place to get it at your house.  Sounds like everyone has a busy day.  Will check in this afternoon to see who is back from their jaunts.  Enjoy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, he wasn't eating yet, he was waiting for me to put the dish down.  :)  Not sure if he liked it, but I hope so. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hey, it's a start.  He'll start to associate your petting him with him getting fed.  Sounds like a good plan to me.

ETA:  What I mean is, he'll associate your petting him with nice things happening.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I hope so.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Being in a hurry I skimmed and missed the diamond earrings present, Princess, WOW!  Will you post an anon/blurred face photo???  Would love to enjoy them with you!!!  

tt, indeed, it's tough to pull myself away.  I did, though, and my potato pancake mixture is almost done.  I know you don't have to, but I like the texture better if I start with partially cooked potatoes, and they are cool enough, now, to peel, grate, and finish the mixture off.  I made a double batch so DH and I can have them freshly cooked tonight for dinner, too.

Winter, that's great news about Yoda; he's warming up exponentially, but it's no surprise.  Your home is obviously full of love for every creature in it, a perfect environment for building trust.

Gracie is outdoors by her choice with her boyfriend so I'll be fine with leaving her outside while I'm gone.  It's sunny and warm in the sun, and she has her wool blanket up agaist the South side of the house (front).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thank you Kar, that's so sweet to say.  It should be a nice day for Gracie outside. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The bear, Kar, the bear - - -

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know, but he's sleeping. :)  And, I leave her out when I'm home, too - I can't see her whole fenced in area; part of it's in the woods, part of it's on the sides of the house invisible from inside so it's always a risk that she'd get hurt and I wouldn't know it for quite awhile.  She'd actually probably scare anything off with her ferocious barking, too.  Not that I don't worry, but the benefit of leaving her out outweighs the risk imo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Happy birthday, Princess. Nice gift to wake up to. Sorry about DH's back, but I hope he will be well enough, so you can go out and celebrate.
    Amazing, how we cluster up with celebration days. Winter's on the 5th, Kar's DH on the 11th - and I am in btw. the two of them. Then comes Icer's anniversary and tt's birthday a few days later. Lots of March babies.
    I have never made peanut butter cookies, but I can surely imagine Lilly with fork in hand. Must have been a riot (and a good clean up afterwards). I do remember the red collar too, tt. I think it was on one of your latest photos, tt. Could it be there are two cats? Brother and sister maybe, since they look alike? Another mystery for you to solve.
    Great news from the Yoda diary. It is a start. Maybe you should have a few kibbles in your pocket, and every time he comes to you and lets you pet him, you give him one. Like tt says, he will associate petting w/ something nice.
    Have a great trip delivering the snuggie, Kar. It is finally going to find it's owner (with lot of bumps on the way). Good you stuck with it. Are you making potato pancakes for lunch? Yum! Got to get my stick in gear and make some; love them. I made apple sauce last night from a bunch of apples that had seen better days as eating-out-of-hand apples. Part will go in the apple muffins, but there will be plenty left for the pancakes.
    Amber, take it easy today. Your immune system is down - so it will not take much to get a flare up of your strep. And as tt suggest, load up on Vit-C. Have you tried Emergen-C? It is a powder, that comes in different flavors, you just mix w/ water. I can't afford to get a cold, so I take it every day during the cold season. If someone in my office has a cold, I up it to 3 times/day for both of us. So far so good. Good thoughts and prayers for your niece. I am glad you are sharing with us. We have a lot of shoulders here on the Chat to load off on.
    mm, sounds like you had a banner weekend. How is your son doing over there? So much violence in the world. Why do we have to be involved in it all?
    Getting ready to leave for the office. Me and my knees are procrastinating. The elevator will not be done until Thursday. It is going to be big bucks, but fortunately we have insurance. Of course we have a deductible, but our ins. company is going after the light company, so hopefully everything will be covered.
    Haven't heard from November for a while. Hope all is well there - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Okay, kar, per your request, here's a pic, lol.  The new ones are the teardrop (the others were a gift to me from me a while ago, lol).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Princess, they are gorgeous! Lucky girl you - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Gorgeous Princess!  I have my ears pierced twice too : )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Simply gorgeous Princess.  Pingo, my DH's birthday is the 5th.  I'm January, like Kar. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh yes, now I remember. - Pingo

In Response to Re: February 2012:
    [QUOTE]Simple gorgeous Princess.  Pingo, my DH's birthday is the 5th.  I'm January, like Kar. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I just choked on my lunch tt!!!  that was awesome!!  lol!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I saw it! Great one, tt. Thanks - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I printed it out...just in case.,,I am giving a class today..no Y&R for me...I can usually catch up though..its not that tough to do.
    Thanks for the chuckle

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, that is great.  :) 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think all of you have seen it, so I'll delete it in another half hour.

ETA:  I deleted it myself, felt it would be monitored and deleted anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Did you have a good excursion today tt?  What did you have for lunch?  I had a yogurt and PB&J.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I brought in some ham, roast beef, swiss and pickels and made a sandwich. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Like your sandwich better Winter Sealed

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love your sub sandwich, Winter.
    I made a salad of lettuce, tomatoes (on sale!!), 3 bean salad, with dressing and a scoop of cottage cheese in the middle - but then for dessert, I'm ashamed to tell you:
    last of tapioca
    3 flavored ice cream right out of the container
    chocolate frosting right out of the container
    individual serving of pringles
    little pkg of Smartees

(I'm so ashamed!)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It was on a nice sub roll :) 

Sections
Shortcuts