February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: February 2012

Oh, that doesn't sound good tt... let me send one of my guys the symptoms you just described and see what they say

ETA: not sure if you will see this, but waiting to hear back from one of the guys.  I emailed them as they are out on the field. I may not hear until tomorrow.  If it makes you feel better, took me forever to get in boston.com.  Super slow..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Man has this been a CRAZY day here.  I'd swear it was a full moon.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for your effort, Amber.  I again shut everything down and then started it up again.  Have not used it this afternoon save sending a couple of emails.  I'll see how it is tomorrow when I turn it on.  Can't afford to call that expensive tech I've  had before anyway, it would be over $200.  Hoping it just had something to do with the automatic update the computer did last night.
    Have a nice evening.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I probably won't hear anything till tomorrow since the guys aren't back yet.  Will be curious to see what they think though. You have a good night too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good night everyone. Hope you have better luck tomorrow tt. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh boy, what a cold and raw day it was. Yesterday I "hung up" my fleece, and I forgot to put it on this morning (under my jacket), before I went out. Bad idea. Went out this afternoon to do some banking and go to the post office. Froze to the bone.
    Seagulls? Funny tt, DH noticed them too yesterday and this morning. We thought, someone had thrown some garbage, they got into. Screeching up a storm? Is that what that means? Hope not. I am very comfortable, with what we have gotten so far this winter.
    Kar, just wondering, why you - of the year's 52 Sundays - chose the one with the Superbowl to go hiking. Is your friend's SO watching with your DH, while you two girls are hitting the tracks? Hope the weather stays mild for you, and not like it was today.
    Winter, I am glad you are satisfied with your mattress purchase. Was it a Sealy Posturepedic by any chance? We tried that one too, but we both hated the "sinking" feeling.
    Time for me to go home. You all enjoy your evening - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My friend asked if I had plans on the 5th about a month ago.  I checked the calendar - empty - so we booked it.  Neither we nor our DHs care anything about football so it's just another Sunday to the four of us.  No offense to those who see it as anything but "just another Sunday," though!

Indeed, it was raw and bone chilling today.  Gracie and I walked our 3.3 mile trek, and I was glad I had chosen to don the hat and wool mittens.

I haven't heard anything about a storm; I hope those gulls are screeching for some other reason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    I am not a foot ball fan as well. I enjoy watching the games, when our sons are at home. They get really into it. So I am actually watching my sons. DH like to watch and has invited another couple, who like to watch as well, with the emphasise on watch.  So it will be a pleasant evening. We were invited to two other foot ball parties, but declined. Don't like the large parties, where the main thing is eating and drinking - mostly drinking. Not that I point a finger on anyone trying to have a "good time", but it is just not us.
    And I just realized, that the game doesn't start until 6:30 pm. It will be dark then, and you will be back in plenty of time - just in case.
    Good for you to do the bear snuggie. I am so glad you decided to do it. I promise you, she will love it. - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd have fun if I were "watching" with others who were enjoying the football game (if there were good snacks and beer around!), but neither DH nor I are into sports ourselves at all.  We'll probably watch a Netflix movie instead.  I thought of you when I saw the Austrailian Open on the news. ;)  Yes, thanks for the suggestion of outfitting the bear - kids do love that kind of thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

So far, so good.  Computer seems to be behaving this morning. 

Making myself stay in today to thoroughly clean the toyroom.  Things always seem to get piled up in there when I'm cleaning other rooms, and as usual the paper work is a problem.  Going to move what I can of the toys out and then try to find a better way to repositioning them.  Whenever I mention getting rid of one or two, there's an "Oh, no, Nana."  And I suppose there is that new little one coming along who hopefully will enjoy some of the same toys his mother played with.

Finicky Harry, as I'm starting to think of him, came rubbing around my legs and talking this morning, but when I put the food out, he sniffed and took off.  Once he's had his nose even to it, I discard it, wouldn't give it to Cheerio, just in case he has something he could transmit.  I took a good look at him this morning and he really is growing into a big sturdy cat.

Picked up some chicken tenders yesterday and will make a stirfry later with that, and red and green peppers - over rice.

Enjoying the new TV channels, caught Mona Lisa Smile last night.  Always liked that movie and its message.  Love the last scene when she is driving away and the girls all ride along on their bikes until she's out of sight.

Ok, breakfast time, seeing as the cats have already eaten!  How Amber?  

Icer, Y&R just gets betterer and betterer, doesn't it?  I think Paul's son is going to print that whole story of Patti, or else talk Phyllis into printing it after she gave Nick her word she wouldn't.  What do you think?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

FH, I love it, tt!  He really is pretty spoiled for a homeless kitty.  Maybe put out a little bit and if he eats it put out the rest so you don't have to toss a whole portion.  Wise of you to be careful, though, not sure I'd have thought of that.

I have a pile-up room, too, and I'm heading upstairs today to tackle that while you do the toy room.  That and the pantry.  It's become a dumping ground for TJs dry goods, totally disorganized.  I end up buying things I already have 2 of because I've lost track of what I have.  I'm a bit of a hoarder because I can't just run to the store whenever I run out of something, and it's out of control.

I'm thinking about going today, though, because I'd like to make those chicken "bundles" I posted last year for my friend, and they take a LONG time to put together.  If I assemble them now, they'll be ready to drop in the frying pan lickity split whenever she arrives, and lunch will be ready 10 minutes later and all cleaned up already, too.  

So, before the day gets away from me and I'm scrambling to just do the basics, I'll shower and go.  Gracie just came in from a play session with her boyfriend and will be content to sleep in front of the stove.  It's cold out today!

Yesterday, I had such a hard time; it was so gray, raw, and depressing.  I didn't even work on the snuggie!  I walked Gracie, but that's about the most productive thing I did.  So, today, am behind but feeling energized to make up for it.

Good day, my friends,
    ~kar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, happy to see you are on.  I haven't heard back from my guys yet. I know they have been doing a lot of overtime on a project for a new client.  If one of them comes in today, not sure, I will ask them about it.  Just good to know for the future in case it happens again.  I too LOVE FH!  Very spoiled and I would be doing the same thing as you tt.  Just picturing him wrapping himself around your legs makes me want to give him a hug.  I seen a HUGE racoon on the wall of my driveway the other night.  Must be eating good, never seen one that big. I usually flick back and forth on the super bowl.  I am a fair weathered fan, unlike DD who watches all the games.  Busy day tomorrow.  Dropping Amber off at the groomers and I have to give my house a good cleaning.  Haven't done that in a couple of weeks and I have laundry.  Going to dinner with my new friend from my childhood tomorrow night.  Looking forward to it.  Then Sunday I am taking Amber to the beach.  My friend is going to take us. Not sure what beach since I thought you couldn't do that.  Didn't think to ask her.  I think Amber will love it and want to spoil her some more : ) i think it is going to be a quiet day for me.  And Monday too since I am sure a lot of people are taking that day off.  I know DD is of course!  Have a good day everyone!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, ambergirl!  Don't you wish Amber could enjoy anticipating the trip to the beach?!  She'll have so much fun especially after her recent ordeal.  I'd love to take Gracie to the beach, she loves it!  We went to Crane beach last Fall, and it was awesome.  Lots of beaches are open to dogs on the off season.  Have fun tomorrow night, too - that's so exciting you reconnected all these years later.  You two have so much to talk about!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think, for me, anyway, it's important to get out for a bit most every day.  i don't have a lot of people dropping in here on a regular basis, and there are times when the phone doesn't ring for a few days, so I look on my daily poking as people contact - I'm at the age now where people seem to start up conversations with me!  I'm lucky in that I'm sort of centrally located to wherever I might feel the urge to poke.  And, there are some good walking sections too, should I ever be able to do that again for any length of time.  The only trouble is that I'm a morning person, and if I spend those first hours out and about, when I get home, the get up and go has already been spent outside.  It doesn't seem bad out this morning, at least for the few minutes I was out with Harry.  Blessing to see the sun shining in al the windows.  Just ran in to remake the bed, Cheerio has been heading right in there and laying on the sheets after she finishes breakfast.  Not my favorite thing to think of bits of litter from her paws in my bed, on top is one thing.

Glad you have your lady cardinal back, Pingo.  Mine was out there, well really, the pair, were out there this morning.  You might try throwing a bag of the wagner's that has peanut hearts in with the other seed you are buying, that's their favorite.

Cheerio has cleaned up the dish with a bit of leftover soft boiled eggs I had for breakfast, and will head out looking for warmth in a few minutes, so I'll go around tilting the blinds so the sun shines in all the rooms.

Hope you have a productive day, Kargiver - me too!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi Kar,
    I am excited about taking her! I didn't know you could take them off season.  Obviously my friend knew!  LOL! She will get a good long walk tomorrow going and coming home from the groomer and then the beach Sunday.  She will be pooped Monday!  The groomer is a 10 minute walk from my house but it takes me 30 minutes with Amber because she had to mark every tree and pole!  What is interesting about this new friend is I wasn't sure we would have anything in common after all these years, but we have really connected and not on a childhood level, but as adults.  I don't have many single female friends, so this is refreshing to have someone to go out with. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I most certainly would strike up a conversation with you tt Laughing  Often wondered if our paths crossed when I was taking Amber to the groomer in Melrose.  In the good weather I walk to the train station (25 minute walk) and then home, plus I then have to deal with the dastardly stairs and hill.  So as far as I'm concerned that is my exercise : ) 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I enjoy watching the Patriots with DH and DS.  DS is knows what they are doing and they verbally talk about calls, plays, etc.  I don't mind it. I'm a BIG Red Sox fan though.  My brother wanted a little probably he got me, so he explained the game, team, players to me since I was a little girl.  DH is a big Pats fan.  I'm making American Chop Suey and than a pot of meatballs and sauce. Then we will have some app type foods.  I love watching the commercials. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nice to have your supper date to look forward to, Amber.  Hope you have a wonderful evening.  I'm looking forward to our work-girls luncheon next week.  We're all so different, or at least I am, I'm the homebody while they're always traveling, one in this country, and the other abroad, yet we get along so good. Our sense of humor lines have always been the same, and there's bound to be a few good deep belly laughs.

I've got to get off this computer now and get myself dressed and started.  Have been emailing back and forth to G.T. too, and it would be easy for me to just vegetate here!  I'll check back in later, probably after Y&R.  Have a good day everyone. - Oh, I'm wondering, where are the new posters that seem to have disappeared - Tulips, MisCricket, I understand why Novembride would find more to chat about on the pregnant ladies thread.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I hope they come back too tt.  Enjoy your day!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I hope you have a good day around the house.  Looking forward to lunch today as we are having a pizza party.  Oh kitty news.  He jumped on the couch with me last night, however, there was no contact allowed by me.  But he jumped up and laid on my ankle a bunch of times.  Than he jumped up and sat really close rubbing up against me purring very loudly. :)  He's getting closer. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Never even heard her come in this room - as I got up and went to open the blinds in here, there she is with a nest she's made on this bed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Isn't that the best feeling Winter!!  Oh boy do they own us! Speaks volumes on the trust.  He knows you are his family : ) Enjoy your pizza party, I'm jealous.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I swear she knows you are taking her picture! It is like she is doing a sideways pose with her face!  She is so cute and cracks me up!  Love the color of your bedspread, beautiful..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's great news, Winter.  He's going to be a cat who wants to be close - on his own terms!  That's OK.  Some cats are never actually lap cats, but they still enjoy getting close - as much as they're comfortable doing.  What a sweetie he's turning out to be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I totally agree with tt.  Boo has never sat on my lap, but will sit super close to me on the coach and in bed.  Tigger will sit on my lap and let me hug him.  So different the two of them, but I always feel the love!

Sections
Shortcuts