February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: February 2012

So pretty tt....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Are you baking today, Icer?  I can live vicariously through you the next 2 weeks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon,
    Late checking in today. Rushed out for my dentist appointment. Got 3 very old fillings replaced in my front teeth. They bothered me for 2 - 3 years. Not pain wise but looking wise, and they had started to wash out. Now I look beautiful. At least as far as my front teeth are concerned. But I am also numb in half my face at present - including my nose. He didn't give me the long lasting novocaine, so I should be ok in a couple of hours. All your lunches sounded so good, especially since I can't eat anything right now w/o spilling it all over myself. And of course due to Murphy's law, I am starving. I brought a yogurt, so I will try to swallow that in a bit.
    Snow is coming down here as well. But it is still not staying on the roads.
    tt, please tell your son to stay in the Bahamas. We don't need the snow after this amazing winter. Did you get the trash out? Won't it be all over the place by tmw. morning? Our snow removal contractor in our street, it not very friendly towards anything on the curb. Learning the hard way, we just don't put out our trash, when it snows.
    Amber and Winter - the commute will stink tonight. Hope you can leave a bit early, to beat the worst traffic. I am planning to leave my office as soon as the snow start to stick to the surface. Hope everyone makes it home safely.
    We have vegetarian meals a couple times a week. In fact I am making a butternut squash lasagna tonight. Love anything pork. Now that the pork you get is so lean, it is as good as chicken or turkey. It is far and between I cook beef. We don't care for it much any more.
    Thanks for the recipe Obbie. I have never made tapioca pudding, but DH loves it - so I will attempt your recipe.
    Now the yogurt. - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So pretty, tt. But where are all the birds? I am often wondering, where they keep hiding when it snows and rain. Is that HH's scrub, we see? - P

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I always put my trash out the afternoon before pick up because they may come earlier in the morning than I can get it out.  "you never know".  No problem with any animals getting into it.  It sits at the end of my driveway, and isn't in anybody's way.

ETA:  You can see the shrub sits on the edge of a little walkway, HH or PB's shrub is on the opposite side, with just enough room underneath to see his little white feet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The opposite side of the yard - that's where most of mine go, there and in the two shrubs (now you can see PB's in this pic).  Also have other yews out front that they fly right into the middle of.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I won't be able to leave before 5 and then I have to drive to get my son from his afterschool program and than home on 93. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pretty pictures tt. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, I forgot. Happy Leap Year Day!
    You know the folklore says, this is the day, where all you single ladies can propose. If a man refuses, he is supposed to give you 12 pair of silk gloves and a kiss. So get going ladies - you will at least end up with a bunch of silk gloves. Darn it! I need 12 pair of silk gloves, but I don't count - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I can never leave early either.  Here until 5:00.  As long as it doesn't stick, we will be fine I think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I'm dreading the commute as well.  It's usually about 40 mins for me but all it takes is 1 flake of snow for people to be crazy.  I am lucky though - have a garage at home and at work so I don't have to worry about boots or scraping the car off. 

As for dinner, I marinated some chicken to do on the grill . . but it looks like I may have to change that to the oven, lol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: February 2012:
    [QUOTE]Are you baking today, Icer?  I can live vicariously through you the next 2 weeks!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Toy story cookies...and I probably shouldn't tell you but...working on a wedding cake to go on the back of my motorcycle...not riding today though

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The streets here are still clear, just wet.  The snow is sticking to grass only.  Hopefully driving will not be bad.  Not that you should be out on your motorcycle, Icer!  The cookies sound good and different.  Are there actually cookie cutters in the shape of the toy story characters, or is that an invention of your own?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I make em with frosting

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You are a talented lady.  But, I mustn't think of cookies - fruit - fruit - fruit

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome to my world, tt - I live vicariously through you all the time.  I'm going through withdrawal...

The snow is sticking on the roads here.  Went on an hour and a half walk with the pup, and we have about 1/2 - 3/4 inch of snow.  I took a photo with my phone; I wonder if my camera cable will allow me to put it on the computer...

Best and safe travels to all you who have to commute.  Princess is right; at least that's how it was when I drove the Pike and 128.  It's easy driving if it's not sticking, but people go bananas if just one single flake falls after 4:00.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes people suddenly forget how to drive.  I'll be sitting on 93...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I have seen Toy Story cookie cutters in some catalog. I don't remember which one though. They also have cutters available for the movie Cars. And Disney cutters. I don't know what will be next.
    I am about to go home. Not because of the snow. It looks like it has slowed down quite a bit here and the roads are only wet. But my stomach is feeling funny. I guess it is b/c of all the dental "juice", I couldn't help swallow. That suction thingy, they put in your mouth, doesn't work that well IMO. And when I have my mouth full of whatever liquid, I need to swallow.
    Hope you all will have a safe commute home. Princess, I don't understand either why people go crazy and cannot drive on a wet road, when they see snowflakes. They have no problem and go 80, when it rains. Go figure - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just finished a nice phone conversation with my Nanny friend and want to pass this along - she said deer have been in her yard, around the location where G.T. planted a slip of our wisteria for her.  Afraid they might eat it, she said she was told if you put shavings of Irish Spring soap around/under plantings, they will not eat them.  Thought of you, Pingo, and thought I would pass it along for what it's worth.  Maybe turkeys don't like it either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, I think they actually go a little crazy, too, lol.

Pingo, sorry you're not feeling well.  I always get a little ill after fillings.  I think for me I hold myself so tense during the drilling that I give myself a sick headache.  Hope you're all set tomorrow after an easy to eat dinner tonight.

Irish Spring, that's funny, tt.  I'll keep that in mind, too.  I saw deer tracks in the snow today.  A rabbit, I think too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nanny only lives a couple of houses down from me and says she is seeing possums around her house.  I've never seen a real one, I don't believe.

Pingo I always feel ill even a day after novacaine - always blamed it on that.  Speaking of which, I have a cleaning appt. next week.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Since possums are nocturnal I find her report dubious, as well, tt.

ETA:  Oops, opossums.  Thanks, icer.  I'd be petrified if I had a trapped one on the porch!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

We get opposum in our screened in porch...the wind blows the doors open and closed...the opposum go in...yes at night...then the doors close and they can't get out...they can be quite scary

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

This is 11 or 12 at night when she is coming home sometimes, so I'm sure it is a possum.  I wasn't doubting her story, when I said I don't  believe, it was an addendum to my statement that "I have never seen a real one".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, that makes sense.  If she'd seen one during the day it'd likely be rabid.  We had a nutty one out here last summer in the heat of the afternoon, wandering around clearly in a daze.