February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Re: February 2012

FILE UNDER: My cat is better than your cat!!

Have a laugh at this......

http://now.msn.com/living/0229-swimming-cat-video.aspx

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In Response to Re: February 2012:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to my world, tt - I live vicariously through you all the time.  I'm going through withdrawal... The snow is sticking on the roads here.  Went on an hour and a half walk with the pup, and we have about 1/2 - 3/4 inch of snow.  I took a photo with my phone; I wonder if my camera cable will allow me to put it on the computer... Best and safe travels to all you who have to commute.  Princess is right; at least that's how it was when I drove the Pike and 128.  It's easy driving if it's not sticking, but people go bananas if just one single flake falls after 4:00.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Save the photo to your SD Card in your phone /> remove and insert SD Card into your PC/laptop > browse your drives > upload pic's.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]Just finished a nice phone conversation with my Nanny friend and want to pass this along - she said deer have been in her yard, around the location where G.T. planted a slip of our wisteria for her.  Afraid they might eat it, she said she was told if you put shavings of Irish Spring soap around/under plantings, they will not eat them.  Thought of you, Pingo, and thought I would pass it along for what it's worth.  Maybe turkeys don't like it either.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Most animals sniff before eating, buy crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper (@ Ocean State Job Lot $1 each) and sprinkle on and around plants you want to protect - animals hate it! and it's humane. Repeat after wet weather.....

Good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: February 2012 : Save the photo to your SD Card in your phone /> remove and insert SD Card into your PC/laptop /> browse your drives > upload pic's.....
    Posted by RogerTaylor[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes, thanks.  Not sure I'll do that for my lame-o pic, but good to know how.  Makes sense, but I never would have considered taking the card out of the phone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just came home. First time this winter I had to clean my car. The snow is wet and heavy. Ugh!
    The streets are fine - even the side streets, but still Rt. 128 was bumper to bumper.
    Everyone have a safe trip home. Amber, I hope the T works well - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Hello all ! Have not been able to get on for a couple of days. Even though I know I am typing everything correctly. So frustrating !
    I want those pork chops, Kar. They look so good. We are having leftovers- 3 dinners to pick from--mac and cheese, meatloaf, and a small shephards pie DS made from some meatloaf.
    DH had a seizure Fri PM, so we had to call 911, and spend a few days in the hospital. All is well now--
    Icer- am I reading that correctly- are you transporting a cake on your bike?
    Pingo-hope you feel better.
    TT-good tip re the irish spring- and the hot pepper RT.  I only do a few tomato plants in containers these days,and some basil in planter box,  but the squirrels come on the deck and eat them.  DH used to do a decent garden. I just love the tomatoes, basil.  I have chives in the box, too, and they are coming up already. 
    It started snowing here early afternoon- roads are just wet, though--just south of Boston. Small amt of snow on the grass...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tulips, wondered where you were.  Sorry to hear about your husband's seizure.  I'm sure it scared everyone.  Glad that he is back home now.

I would love to see Icer flying down the street with a cake attached to the back of her bike!  That's what I would call special delivery!

Working on my puzzle and coming right along.  I'm quite proud of myself, because it is a stickler.  Still, I feel there are some pieces fitted in not where they belong.  So many same color combinations.  For example, I had to refit some of the top edge, because columns were not lining up.  Try it here - try it there - but be ready to move it again further down the line.  Will take a pic when I go back in and post.  Pretty soon all that will be left are the various greens - ugh.

Snow is quiet here now, but I here another coming through tonight and then a third tomorrow night.  I'm snug and secure inside, so hope it isn't too bad traveling back and forth to work for any of you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Tulips - sorry about your husband, hope all is well now.

Made it home safely, roads were fine but as Pingo said, 128 was bumper to bumper. 

Had chicken, rice, and salad for dinner.  It was as boring as it sounds!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ladies,

Pingo, glad you made it home safely; hope everyone else does, too.  

Tulips, sorry to hear about your DH's seizure.  Is that related to the cancer?  So hard...  Anyway, doesn't sound like you need a chop for all the yummy comfort food you have there!

tt, the puzzle is coming along nicely.  It's always true that you have to guess at first for some pieces.  Love your plate sorting method.

Prin, I love that dinner - sounds good!

Oh, I think I hear DH at the door...yay!  Have a great night, everyone.  Be safe and warm and dry.

~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

TT-1,000 pieces? Looks like a good one. Do you have them sorted by color on the plates?  I have staslled on mine this week-will get back into it. Flying through a new book, so between the book, and mahjongg, I have been ignoring the puzzle.
    Kar-no, seizure is related to a stroke he had a few years ago. he recovered well from that, but had emerg brain surg, which leaves him susceptible to seizures. That was the night our lives changed forever. How fast things can change- in one day  our lives changed. You never know,,,,,and he never complains at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My commute wasn't bad Pingo and I was grateful. Not so sure about tomorrow! tt, you always amaze me with your puzzles. I am feeling so much bette and I am treating myself to Chinese food : ) Thought I would check in before the delivery comes. Tulips, my heart goes out to you..my mom had a stroke when I was younger and she ended up living with me the last 3 years. She had another one a year before she passed. My sympathy is with you. Not easy being a care giver to a stroke victim. My mom was not my mom if you know what I mean. Your DH will be in my prayers. Will chat tomorrow as I will be busy pigging out!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Commute wasn't too bad today.  Snowy at home, but the closer I got to the city it turned into rain.  In my rush to leave early today I forgot my cell phone - of all days!  Oh well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Moved this post over to "March" thread where it belongs