February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2012

That's not a spread, it's the afghan I knitted - individual squares and then all sewn together.  I love those colors too.  Had planned on giving it away to whomever wanted it, but never really gave anyone the chance to claim it.  There's another one I've started, but don't seem to get much done on.  I made them for grandchildren, my favorite for my now 20 yr. old GS, done in primary crayola crayon colors, red, blue, green, yellow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

What great work tt!!  Just gorgeous...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: February 2012:
    Good morning, So far, so good.  Computer seems to be behaving this morning.  Making myself stay in today to thoroughly clean the toyroom.  Things always seem to get piled up in there when I'm cleaning other rooms, and as usual the paper work is a problem.  Going to move what I can of the toys out and then try to find a better way to repositioning them.  Whenever I mention getting rid of one or two, there's an "Oh, no, Nana."  And I suppose there is that new little one coming along who hopefully will enjoy some of the same toys his mother played with. Finicky Harry, as I'm starting to think of him, came rubbing around my legs and talking this morning, but when I put the food out, he sniffed and took off.  Once he's had his nose even to it, I discard it, wouldn't give it to Cheerio, just in case he has something he could transmit.  I took a good look at him this morning and he really is growing into a big sturdy cat. Picked up some chicken tenders yesterday and will make a stirfry later with that, and red and green peppers - over rice. Enjoying the new TV channels, caught Mona Lisa Smile last night.  Always liked that movie and its message.  Love the last scene when she is driving away and the girls all ride along on their bikes until she's out of sight. Ok, breakfast time, seeing as the cats have already eaten!  How Amber?   Icer, Y&R just gets betterer and betterer, doesn't it?  I think Paul's son is going to print that whole story of Patti, or else talk Phyllis into printing it after she gave Nick her word she wouldn't.  What do you think?
    Posted by toytrumpet

I totally agree with your take on the Y&R

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're a women of few words -

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes I was quite pleased that he finally settled in next to me.  I'm sure for the Super Bowl Party Sunday he will be hiding...lol. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

He sure will!  LOL!  My landlord just seen Boo for the first time a few weeks ago and I have lived there 2 years April...  Tigger on the other hand comes and greets him like a dog. Ha! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Today is Friday, and I am claiming it again as my day off. Those treatments, I have been going to, are taking a big chunk out of my day. Didn't start my office work until 1:15 pm or so - and that is just too late. Was working late hours. Yesterday, she told me, she only wants to see me twice a week now, since I am doing so well. So Monday and Thursday it is. I am elated. It will bring back some order to my life.
    Going to do my grocery list; then go to MB. Coming back home lots of cleaning has to be done. I have been letting it slide these past weeks. And it shows. But it was so worth it. I have been completely pain free during the day. Only when I wake up and take those first few steps do I have trouble. But I can deal with that. I can ascend stairs w/o any problem, but I still have trouble descending them. I can deal with that too. Overall, my life has improved, and I am so grateful.
    Sounds like all you ladies have the weekend cut out for you. Superbowl or no Superbowl.
    Amber, how nice you have found a new, old friend. So glad for you. I do have a couple of single GFs. I enjoy their company, when we see each other. But our ways have parted in so different directions, that it does not happen too often. They get together at a spur of the moment; with children that was just not possible. With the kids all grown it is easier, but I still like to plan ahead. They don't seem to understand, I just can't drop everything and join them. But truly, I wouldn't exchange my life with theirs. Bar hopping is a long gone chapter.
    Seems it is much colder today, than it was yesterday. Better bundle up - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Your single friends go bar hopping??  I think that is funny : )  I prefer dining out myself or a cocktail and appetizer at the bar.  I love the beach in the summer and grilling on my patio at night.  I love my married friends, and I do go out with them but when it is couples I still feel like a fifth wheel, even after all these years.  Mostly they will come by and visit, but going out is usually reserved with their husbands understandably and I always appreciate the invites to join, but I don't too it too often.  So a single friend at my age is perfect : )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber,
    I certainly can relate to your post. I like dining out too. Not so much cocktails and apps. I am sorry, you feel like a fifth wheel, but that is the way I feel being w/ my single friends. Their latest relationships are not my interest. I am most comfortable entertaining them at my home. And they love to come, but never think of doing the same. It is always meeting at some bar or restaurant. - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is not me for sure.  I love entertaining and I am at home most of the summer doing just that. I have a cousin who is like your single friends.  She is 65 and obsessed with meeting a guy.  I get embarressed for her sometimes.  She thinks her life is not complete without a man.  Love yourself first I tell her all the time.  But I have always been independant, so that is probably the difference between us.  My feeling like a fifth wheel is me, not them.  Just hard to not be part of a couple but I am grateful for all my friendships.  I would invite you to my house in a heartbeat! : )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How about me????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am sorry my tt!!!  You and EVERYONE on here would be invited : )  Cheerio too of course... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you, Amber. So sweet of you. Sounds like we would get along just fine.
    tt, you have it cut out for yourself. I guess your GFs are retired, so meeting for lunch is a great way to keep up w/ friendships. Mine are working or having a business of their own, so lunch is not an option. It is always after work. That is the time, I want to spend w/ DH. Guess one can't have it both ways. So I chose the better option of the two - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Leisurely, mid day lunch get togethers are the best.  We've found places where we can dwadle over a 2 - 2 1/2 hour lunch.  the 2 I'm getting together with next week have families to go home to and get supper for, so it's usually a light lunch, but the conversation is the important part of our get togethers anyway.

Toyroom looks pretty good, wasn't much I could do with toys, but got a lot of the other things cleared up and dry mopped and dusted.  Hung one of the leis on the back of GD's chair, wonder if she will like it or say like the kid on the commercial, "That's for babies" !  Love that commercial.

Going in l.r. now to get ready for Y&R.  Think I'll pull out that afghan I'm forever working on and knit a little while I watch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, all they did was drag out what we already knew yesterday.

Back to my cleaning.  If I miss anyone before they leave for the week-end, have a good one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Back from a later than hoped but very successful trip to TJs.  

Will catch up soon.  I must keep up the momentum.  Now, upstairs to the pantry, although, I could honestly use a nap.  Gracie had a problem at 2:30 am, and I didn't go right back to sleep.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I'm still here until 5:00.  What happened with Gracie??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Hello! I have not been able to get on for over a week! Kept emailing back and forth with BDC help- they kept confirming which email I used, gave me a new password even. Still did not work. I finally asked them last night if they could just delete both of them so I could start over.  Now today- I am in work- and low and behold I am logged in here- and the email address is my work one- not the one they said it was.
    It is so frustrating- they take forever to write back- now they will probably delete me!!
    Drove me crazy reading the posts, and not be able to write.
    TT-saw your post on the previous page noting the absence- glad someone  did notice ! I love your afghan you made! I used to sew a lot, but never got the hang of crochet or knitting for some reason.
     Got to start figuring out the food for sunday-I always cook, so just a matter of figuring out what to do. Calzone, Buffalo wings of course, sometimes I do chili, meatballs, kielbasa,  just need to decide.
    My--sounds SO unhealthy ! But yummy. Of course, the old standbys-- veggies, chips and dip.  Not sure how many coming, either.
    Got to run---hopefully I will be able to log on at home this weekend!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

So nice to see you tulips!  We all understand your frustration with loggin in.  It has happened to a few people on here.  I went for a while with being able to read the posts on my smart phone but not able to reply.  Drove me crazy!  And the funny thing is it got fixed but they never told me. I just tried it one weekend and it worked.  Your food sounds yummy! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Your menu sounds good to me, Tulips.  Any and all of the above!

Glad the reason we hadn't heard from you was just a problem logging in and not boredom with our chit chat.

I sat down with knitting another square while Y&R was on and somehow got the rows mixed up.  Ripped out and restarted 3 times and finally ripped back about 6 rows, and think I have it right now.  It's a pattern of 8 rows to make each sequence, so one wrong knit or purl throws it off.  Of course now, I'm frustrated with it and have put it back in the cabinet.

Have a chicken soup simmering, and boiled up enough tenders to have a good size chicken salad sandwich tomorrow.  That red and green pepper are still staring me in the face from the crisper.  Will have to try freezing them, better than just letting them rot there.  Was going to make a stir fry today but my stomach is off, so chicken soup won out.

Now that  you're back in, hope your problems with that are behind you.  I still cannot hit reply to post and reply, and it still says at the top of the page that I must be logged in to contribute.  Let's me post without doing that however.  My computer itself just keeps losing IE.  I use Chrome for BDC, so at least I can get in here.

Have a few more things to do in the toyroom, so will finish it up now.  Everyone have a good week-end, and those of you who are football fans, enjoy the game.  I'll probably be hopping in and out to see the commercials!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tulips, that happens to me, too.  But, if I never clean out my cookies, I'm good.  Glad to see you back!  Enjoy your party - sounds yummy.

ambergirl, sorry to sound the alarm; Gracie just had to use the restroom.

Got the pantry done.  Now, on to the desk alcove upstairs, then the dump-it room.  Gracie's not going to get walked today...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Tulips, glad you make it back to us.  I too am cooking for Sunday, meatballs is on my list as my DS loves them.  tt, what color is the afghan?  I can't post with my iPhone since you can't use Flash on the iPhone/iPad and that is what the chat is. If I don't catch anyone on.  Have a good night and weekend.  I'm sure I'll pop on at some point this weekend before 5:30 on Sunday (that's when the guests come). 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

I'm going to make this quick.  Wrote a long post yesterday and lost it.  tulips, I had the same problem and finally bdc reset my password and gave me a new one.
    tt, I'm also being asked to log in when I try and respond to a specific post.  The response box is at the bottom of the posts where it always was, so I must be logged in, in some fashion. However, I cannot access my profile.  As long as I can post I'm ok.

winter, yoda is getting used to you and as tt says, it is on his terms.  I've had my male almost two years now and I think he's intimidated by my 14 year old female, although they never fight.  It took a year before he would get up on the sofa or bed with me. 

Sounds like weekend plans are progressing nicely.  I don't really care about football, but when you have people around who do, it's contagious.  The best part for me is the eating, drinking and socializing.  I don't have to drive Sunday night and I'm glad.  DD lives not far away but it seems rural to me and there are few street lights. I have to work Monday no matter what.

amber, enjoy your time at the beach.  With the weather we've been having I'm sure it will be a treat.  kar, wish I could go on a hike.  I can barely manage my walks along the river.  My right foot still gives me trouble off and on.  Left foot is fine now. 

Well, have a great weekend everybody.  I'm having dinner with my father tonight and tomorrow, my friend's daughter is coming down and we're going out in the neighborhood.  Her mother was my friend who died in November.  We've been getting together once a month since.  She grew up in the house next to mine so she likes to come here.  I'll keep my fingers crossed this will post!

mothermitzi

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good to see your post, mothermitzi.  Came in for a little break.  Have been watchng off and on "The Doctor", again with Wm. Hurt.  Do like him.  I had never seen this movie.  Very enlightening.

Me, myself and I will tailgate the Super Bowl here alone.  Haven't heard about any parties/get togethers from my fam, so don't think I'm missing out on anything.

Soup for tonight and it's going to hit the spot.  Sciatica started up again this afternoon, probably the way I moved something in the toyroom, all it takes is a twist this way or that.  Leg is a little numb, so am stretching up, up and up, trying to release it.

Nice that your friend's dau wants to see you regularly.  I'm sure it's helpful for both of you.  Friend I was out with the other day is older, and I can see she has slipped.  Did some serious thinking that night that she may not be able to go, even to the extent she does now, much longer.

Want to reheat the soup and catch the very end of the movie, so I'll sign off.  Have a good week-end yourself.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

tt, it's tough to see that happen to a friend.  My friend who died in Nov was out of it for almost ten years. Yes, I'm glad her daughter expressed an interest in getting together.  In a way, my friendship with her mother continues through her.

So sorry to read you have sciatica.  Very very painful.  My aunt had it and it's the only thing that ever stopped her from moving around and she was an active person like you .  Hope you don't have a bad case.  Take care.

mothermitzii  

Sections
Shortcuts