February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2012

Dog Lady, no need to post that Wm. Hurt is an alcoholic.  He is a talented actor that I enjoy watching, and frankly, that's all I need to know about him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Glad to hear from you mm.  Have a nice week end everyone. GO PATS!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In Response to Re: February 2012:
    [QUOTE]Okay, I hear you loud and clear!  When I admire a person I like to know as much as I can about them.  William Hurt is one of my favorite actors and "Children of a Lesser God" is one of my favorite movies.   Broadcast News,   Kiss of the Spider Woman.......
    Posted by dog-lady[/QUOTE]

I thought that he started dating Mary during/after the movie and that he "beat" her!...she talks about her abuse in the interview below

"At age 21, she became the first deaf actress to win an Oscar, for her role in “Children of a Lesser God.”

On her arm that night was her co-star, William Hurt. And in her new book, “I’ll Scream Later,” Matlin chronicles what she claims happened with Hurt that night and the alleged abuse she suffered at the hands of the actor.

“I was afraid. I was always afraid… of him,” Matlin told Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell. “But I loved him. I did. Or maybe I thought I did. But look, I was 19, he was 35.”

The stars first met while filming “Children of a Lesser God” and their chemistry was electric – onscreen and off.

“We had an affair that night, the last day of the audition,” Matlin continued. “We were together for two years. We lived together and it was one of the most… He’s one of the most complex persons that I’ve ever dealt with. But, at the time, living with him was different than anything I’ve ever experienced.”

The two shared a passionate relationship. However, at times, Matlin claims it turned dangerous.

“How bad was the abuse?” Nancy asked.

“I always had fresh bruises everyday,” the actress revealed. “And if I had a split lip, or if… I mean, there were a lot of things that happened that were not pleasant.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

mm, good to see you.  Sorry if you like to walk and hike you are unable due to foot pain, that's too bad.  I'm like you - if others are enjoying the game, I can get into it if there's good food around.

And, tt, sciatica is the worst!  I had a boss that suffered with it so bad that at times he couldn't get out of bed for days.  I always love seeing that purple knit afghan you made - Cheerio obviously has good taste.  She looks beautiful on there!

I'm still working on the upstairs.  It's coming along nicely, though, and DH will be very pleasantly surprised when he goes up for a ride in the massage chair when he sees what I did.  It's been disheveled for too long!  

Waiting for DH's call that he's on his way; then I'll start dinner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

But, the big question is - how is the snuggie coming along?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ohhh, um, er...um...let's just say I need some pressure to get things done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Dear Kar, As much as I admire you I don't tolerate procrastination. Please get on the snuggies. Your biggest fan and with best regards, Pressure

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Dear Pressure, your efforts are appreciated, but something about you seems a little off - your imploring me to get moving has not made my hands clammy or mouth go dry.  Hmmm...well, maybe I should get moving, anyway, you're right, whoever you really are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

LOL! : ) make sure we see finished products!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Of course!Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Wise quote on my "hats" calendar - could this be meant for you and your snuggie, Kargiver?

"As one goes through life one learns that if you don't paddle your own canoe, you don't move."
     ~ Katherine Hepburn

LOL seems as tho it was meant for the snuggie situation -

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, I love it!

And, today isn't looking good for snuggie production, either.  My friend is coming tomorrow (her second visit since we got married), and first on the agenda is the floors.  Big job.  As soon as DH leaves with Gracie, I'll be starting that so the shine application can dry without paw prints.  The upstairs looks pretty decent with the dump-it room cleaned up, the pantry put together, and desk alcove tidied and vacuumed.  The wood stove needs to be opened and the glass cleaned, and the bathrooms.  

The chicken bundles need to be assembled, and the ice cream mixture I made last night put in the machine.  It's full fat but essentially sugar-free with stevia extract plus 1 Tbl of honey and 2 Tbls of Vanilla liqueur (put in for flavor and to help keep ice crystals from forming because of the lack of sugar).

And, lunch and dinner for us...not sure what I'm going to do about those.

Sorry, snuggie.

~kar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You have one full day ahead of you.  I agree, snuggie baby will have to wait.  Kitchen floor is on my agenda today too, plus the bathroom head to toe.  Just took out some slices of bread to make a bread pudding, and my ribs from freezer to fridge to thaw for tomorrow's crockpot.  Back pain has moved a bit so no numbness in leg today.  That's a relief, will let me move around which will in turn help ease the "pinch".

Saw my little white bibbed friend under the shrub at 6:00 when I got up, but I sort of moved back and forth in front of the window so I knew he could see me, and when he didn't move out and down onto the pavement, I didn't go out.  He doesn't seem to come here for food, but to stalk the birds - who for some reason aren't coming to the feeder until 8:30 or so mornings.  He's off by a couple of hours.

Doesn't it give you a sense of accomplishment when you get a toyroom/dump it room, cleaned up?  I snuck a peek into mine this morning, and except for the paper piled desk, it looks good, AND it actually didn't take all that long once I started and stuck with it.

Had my cereal and now ready for a good hot large cup of coffee.  Enjoy your day, and I'm sure you won't be on the boards tomorrow - have fun with your friend.  I'm sure she'll have a wonderful time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning Kar and tt.  What do you use to shine/polish your floors?  tt, glad your pain has shirted today.  I have laundry to start and the then the bathroom and to do the floors.  Floors will probably be tomorrow.  Our company is coming over at 5:30 tomorrow. Oh I have to make cupcakes as well today.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning.  Yes, it's a good feeling to accomplish a task that's been on the back burner awhile, isn't it.  Glad your pain is diminished this morning, tt.

Winter, I use Holloway products on the floor, cleaner (used in combo with the steamer) and shine.  I think those are the same products I use; they've changed the packaging and possibly the names since the last time I bought them.  The cleaner is nice, but I don't care for using the shine - it's very glossy and is top coat finish.  If you have ANY dust or anything on the floor it ends up being a semi-permanent mess.  DH likes it so I do it, but if it were up to me, I'd let the floors lose their shine naturally with use and not refresh it.

They just left, though, so I have to get on it.  I wish the Floor Fairy would pay me a visit with her magic wand.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Kar.  I have a love/hate relationship with our floors.  They need to be refurbished...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Not sure how "in need" your floors are of professional refurbs, but the shine stuff is pretty effective in covering/filling small scratches and restoring luster.  You can increase the effect by using multiple coats.

I actually hate our floors and wouldn't suggest anyone install pine; it's far too soft.  DH wants them to look maintained as if they were maple or some other HARDwood.  They aren't.  I wish he'd accept the fact that they are going to wear quickly, get dented, scratched and dull. Clean is good enough.  OK, rant over, I have to make hay while the sun shines; they won't be gone all day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Terrible time getting into Chat again this morning, and also when I try to move from page to page, - so - probably won't try again til later this afternoon.  All depends where we fall in their cache, I guess.

Have a good day, ladies - get much accomplished!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Glad to hear your sciatic is better, tt. Looks like you two ladies got into the spring mood yesterday, cleaning up a storm. It's my turn today. Bathrooms, floors, kitchen all needs a good washing down. DH has his team match and then a meeting this afternoon, so I have the day to myself. Get more done that way.
    Found full chicken legs yesterday at MB. Chatted w/ the butcher - they rarely get them anymore. People seem to prefer the thighs and drumsticks. "How do you know, when they are not available?" I asked him. He giggled and told me, "I don't." Anyway, there were 3 packages w/ 4 legs each. I took them all. Roasted two legs last night (oh, they were good) and wrapped the rest 2 to a packet and froze them. Thanks heaven for my freezer.
    Nice to hear from you, mm. Have a great SB party at your daughter's. it must be so nice for you to have her and her family near by. Nice of her to invite the neighbors too. Is your father joining too?
    Winter, you have a nice party as well - despite SIL. It is sweet of you to invite them for the sake of your brother.
    And the two Ambers - enjoy the beach tomorrow. It is going to be nice out, but cool though.
    Besides the cleaning, I want to start preparing for tmw's "party". Not that I have to do too much. But I like to do ahead, what I can do ahead. I will be baking the Wowie cake today. It keeps moist and well. And I will prepare my black bean salad and the salsa plus marinating the skirt steak for fajitas. Then all I have to do tmw is rolling up the enchiladas and make the guacamole, plus grill the steak w/ peppers and onions.
    Better go and put some breakfast together. Chat later - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I feel your floor pain. We have oak and all I do is vacuum and damp mop. They look as new as the day they were put in (20 years ago).
    Have a great day w/ Gracie and your friend tomorrow. Don't overdo it though.  Hiking it not like walking, you will be using muscles, you haven't used before, and you will regret it Monday. It should be a lovely day out.
    Looks like the baby will grow into the snuggie, if you don't finish it soon. LOL
    - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, good advice re hiking.  Have no worries, though; it's not rigorous hiking...more like strolling in the woods, moderately more work than walking on the road.  I wish we had oak, maple...anything but pine.  Glad you found whole legs/thighs - those are the best!  Have fun joining us in the cleaning brigade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Also saw them at S&S when I shopped last week, but now that I've found the legs, I prefer those.  Never did like the thighs.

Bread pudding in oven and now will try to do some hard spot cleaning of kitchen floor before I do the all over washing.  Around base of stove gets darker/greasy, I suppose, and since I can't get down on my knees, hard to get down there to really apply pressure to clean that up.

If you haven't stuck your nose out the door today, it's beautiful.  Going to turn the heat way down and open a few windows to air the house out a bit.  It gets so dry with the oil hot air heat.

Back to work, gals!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---Have fun joining us in the cleaning brigade. ---

It always seems easier, when you have someone working along with you :)
    - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Many hands make light work, my friends!

tt, the area around and under the stove/fridge are the worst here, too.

Got all the vacuuming done and furniture moved for the next phase, dry mopping.  Then, steam mopping and shine application.  Ugh, I'm running out of time before I need to get lunch on.  I'd love to grab sandwiches somewhere.  Will suggest it when DH returns with Gracie.

Good idea to open up, tt - we'll do that, too.  It gets so stuffy!  Suddenly I'm more aware that I can barely breath in here...I'm sweating.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just had a delicious chicken salad (chicken cooked from yesterday) sandwich and finished off what was left in a jar of dill slices.  Bread pudding is cooling and now I realize I have no whipped cream of any kind for it.  Oh well.  Got interested in a movie on the Sundance channel.  Got some of the darker spots around stove cleaned by pushing cloth with solution around with my foot (!) not the most productive way to do things, but worked, anyway.  Still see other places that mimic grout that need extra attention too.  Maybe I'll do those today and do the whole floor wash tomorrow.  Glad I opened windows earlier, it's starting to cloud up a bit here.  House does smell good and fresh with the airing.