February 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2012

Good morning, Princess.  Your DH probably is wary of you going back into an atmosphere where it will be hard for you to stick to a routine that will be beneficial to your health.  You stick to your guns, and make sure you eat properly during the workday.

What did you think of the half time show?  I thought the choreography and the light displays were great, but poor Madonna.  It really seemed to me that she couldn't keep up with what had been choreographed for her.  Sad to see a performer (singer or actor, doesn't matter) slide to a lesser ability.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, I think some may have taken the day off to be able to be a part of a big Patriot's Super Bowl Win - alas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    So the Pats lost - too bad. But like they say, "Its only a game." My mini Super Bowl party went well. It was casual. I put the food out and we ate in front of the TV watching the game. 
    The Wowie cake went over well, and is now going to be part of an RI household. Our friends loved it and scribbled the recipe down. I added some orange zest this time, and it was even better than the last time I made it.
    I am a big proponent of a clean home, but have never gone overboard with sanitizers. Our parents brought us up w/o them and we survived. Why try to fix something, that is not broken. Our boys were also out making mud pies and playing with their trucks in their sand box, where the neighboring cats must have visited. No we didn't cover it and changed the sand before they went out. My nephew's wife buy special sand and do that. I believe, we got our sand from some beach with all it's additions - called germs.
    Hope you are on the mend, mm. Too bad you missed your daughter's party.
    Amber, how was your romp on the beach with Amber? Did you go?
    I don't feel like doing anything today. Have to go to my treatment though and then to work. But this is the-day-after, where I would just love to slob around in my robe. All day, that is Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It's funny tt, because DD took today off : )  I didn't take Amber yesterday as I wasn't feeling good.  Hoping to do it soon.  Wishing I was home too Pingo : (

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  What a game :( I liked the half time show.  Madonna sure looks great for almost 53.  Party went well.  
    Liz, I have a Shark cleaning and I love it.  I don't go the extra mile to sanitize and I think my floors are still clean. 
    As for the germ thing, it's funny.  I wanted my son to play in the dirt, etc.  He's a kid, be a boy.  I do have friends that make you sanitize before toughing their children.  I want to say the minute you put them in pre school they will get sick!! 
    Seems like everyone had a good but cleaning frenzy weekend.  
    Amber, can't wait to see a picture of Amber with the bow. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am going to try and take it tonight if I can remember : )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I think I will go with a Shark. As for sanitizing, I don't think that is what I am looking to do. I am just sick of filling up a huge bucket and then having to ring out the mop every minute or so. Our entire downstairs is hardwood, so I want something that is fast. I just want to clean any dirt we have dragged in the house. Also, regarding germs, I think they are perfectly fine. I am not going to be sanitizing my baby very much. Children need to build their immune systems up. My parents never sanitized, and really only pushed hand-washing for after bathroom trips and before meals, and I rarely got sick as a child and as an adult am very healthy. And, like Winter said, kids get germs at school!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I forgot to mention my favorite Super Bowl commercial.  It was the one that has the new brown (girl) M&M and people think she's naked.  So the Red one comes in and says, so that's what type of party this is and removes his red suit.  Loved it. Also the dog loosing weight witch turns into Star Wars at the end.  The Acura commercial where the headlights, kill the vampires and the one with the dog and running shoes beating the Greyhounds. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I missed the M&M one.  Forgot about the Acura one, yes, that was good too.  Companies paid a lot of big bucks for those to be aired.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: half time show. I think it was one of the better ones. I never liked Madonna, but I thought she was doing a good show yesterday. I didn't notice she was off, tt. But of course, I only watched with half an eye. - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, if your goal is to ditch the mop and bucket, you'll love the steamer.  I'm not pro-sanitizing.  I'm pro truth in advertising.  Floor steamer ads imply that you can whip the thing around and sanitize as you go, and that's just not true.  My other point is that we all seem to understand that parents cause immunosuppression (underactive immune system) in their kids with oversanitizing making them more vulnerable to colds and flu.  But, they cannot cause allergies (overactive immune system) by it.

In other news, what a gorgeous day!  Despite the damper the lost SB put on it for many, the sun is actually quite warm, Spring is coming!!!  Gracie is out sunning herself as if it were 70 degrees.  

2 minutes from the chiropractor (with my Trader Joe list with me), I realized I'd left my purse at home.  No license, credit card, cash...nothin'.  So, had to beg off the bill 'til next week and drive home extra carefully so as not to be pulled over.

Made a second cuppa this morning as I'm kind of dragging.  Maybe I'll take Gracie earlier in the day than usual for our walk and get my bones moving and blood flowing.

mm, sorry you missed the party for your tummy troubles.  My poor SIL had to miss her own party for the same thing.  What a bummer!

Liz, I had a Shark general cleaner, and liked it.  Be SURE to use distilled water, though, because the impurities will clog it all up.  I like Bissel's scented distilled water (Amazon), but usually I just use grocery store distilled.

Good day to work on the snuggie.  I'd like to take it up next weekend since DH will be out of town.  I'd get to see the mom and dad that way, and it would be a great distraction from missing DH.

Blessings,
    ~kar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think we're all feeling a little sluggish today, maybe a let down after our high expectations for the Super Bowl.  I had to really push myself to get that cookie dough made so it could chill, and to pick up a bit here and there, fresh towels in b.r. and so on.  Now, I sit and wait.  I think their tax appt. is at noon, so probably planning to drop GD off on the way.  Would love to have her brother come too, but I know he'll be at one of his friend's.

Heard temps will rise again this afternoon, so maybe a chance to open windows a bit again.

Hope you do better with your snuggie than I did with my square, Kargiver - ended ripping it all out and will start fresh - sometime.  It's out of sight, out of mind for now.

Have a purple outfit on today with a green under jersey, and I know what GD's going to say, "Why do you always wear green, Nana?"  I tell her it's because I'm Irish and love the many shades of green that grow in Ireland.  

Time to fill the birdfeeder before she gets here - like for her to be able to look out while we're making cookies and see all the different colored birds at the feeder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Interesting about distilled water in the steamer.  I use regular tap water. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

SOunds like you are in for some great cookie making tt.  I can almost taste them :) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, have fun today!  you are such a good nana : )  I don't use distilled water either.  Guess I really didn't read the instructions good!  LOL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Thanks for the tips, Kar! I am going to TJ's after work today! You keep talking about it and now I have a craving for their food!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no, tt - you ripped it all out, again?  Something strange is in the air - remember the trouble I had getting the snuggie started...weird for us pros to have such a hard time.

Re the distilled water, you can get away with municipal tap water for a long time (although, not forever), but if you have a well, don't use that water even once.  I did.  Big mistake.  They sell steamer additives that gets rid of any deposits that build up over time and reduce the steam power.

Sorry, Liz!  At least you can run to TJs without a big fuss. :)  The boonies has its advantages, but convenience isn't one of them.  I am doing great on my weight, but have a serious craving for the cookies my friend made for my birthday that I froze, speaking of cravings.  Liz, I think you should totally indulge in yours - for the baby. ;)

Our spoiled princess is back in front of the stove.  So much for her sunning herself!

Speaking of princess, Prin, best to you as you go back to work.  Like others have said, we are pulling for you to do exactly what you need to do to stay healthy despite how unsupportive your environment (at work) might be.  Your DH is a gem, supportive yet concerned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I was on the computer Saturday and this is what was looking at me.  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter he has the most expressive face.  Cracks me up : )  such a cutie pie!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Amber.  He's starting to get some stripes on his legs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How handsome he is!  He looks so healthy, too, Winter - you must be relieved to be over the stress of the very beginning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I am relieved. :) I can't get over his shiny coat, though I don't think it comes up in the photo to well.  He's trying to turn into a piglet...lol. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

In Response to Re: February 2012:
    [QUOTE]I was on the computer Saturday and this is what was looking at me.  :)
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Love him--he is so cute !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tulips.  How is your day?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

His coat looks beautiful, Winter, and I can see the stripes emerging in his adult coat.  What character he has.

Hi, Tulips, glad you could log in and say hello!

Sections
Shortcuts