February 2013

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2013

In response to JeepersCripes9's comment:

Good afternoon All!

TT, thanks for the note about the news probably being interested in my pic! I ended up being swamped at work then I couldnt login. 

Seems as if I was promoted (another person was added to my group that I will now support) so its keeping me on my toes, and will have less time to pop in :(

But, I would like to say, as a crasher of this group, I have been welcomed and dont feel excluded. I think, like in any group of strangers, you click with some, you don't with others, but I have never felt this place was in any way cliquey, unlike some other forums on BDC. That's just my 1 cent (seeing how SS tax has taken the other 1 cent!)

hope everyone is well!

That's nice to know, Jeepers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm very slow at it, but I'm getting better.  My high score is ~6800 on the first game choice that adds rows of letters to the bottom after every word.  I don't see myself graduating any time soon to the harder version of that one and definitely not the timed version...yet!!!  I hear ya, I'd be fabulous at it were I to have my grandmother's excellent vocabulary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed out soon, but wanted to pop in and see if anything was going on. I'd spend most of my time skating with my butt if I were ice skating. 

Have a good night everyone. Thanks for the website Kar. I'll wait and see if he does infact have this conidition, it is being tested. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Do you guys play Words with Friends? It'e very addicting. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Kar I hope you don't mind but I did chuckle at the mental image of you out alone skating with a bike helmet on and wrist guards.  Just be careful as you never know especially if the lake  has springs.  The ice may appear hard but could be moving underneath.  Too many scary stories out there.

I was certainly surprised at how cold out it was this morning.  I didn't pay too much attention to the weather because they have been way off lately.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, we have been very pleased with everything from there, especially their brand.  We use their multivitamin and bladder control pills (she leaks without those, they really work).  They have lots of different bladder health stuff.

allready, oh, I don't mind - I told you purposefully so that you all could have the joy of laughing at that mental image, lol.  It really was hilarious, honestly, and picture this, too, I had my helmet on OVER my fleece hat that was smushed down into my face.  I went to a little pond that a neighbor had brushed a rink clean for his teens instead of the place where dh fished.  I tried there first, but it was super windy given how wide open it was so I bagged that idea. 

And, yeah, it's C O L D!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I tried to log into Spell Tower, but I guess it is only for the iPhone or iPad. Not for the Mac or PC.
    I play Scrabble with our UK son. Lots of fun, even though he is pro at it. He has played with frinds for a while; I am a beginner. He makes words, I never heard of before. So I check them in the dictionary and learn at the same time. Of course he is "killing" me, but it is a great way to keep in touch.
    I just can't imagine you went scating by yourself, Kar. You Daredevil!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, yeah, I'm a real daredevil on my tiny pond with my helmet and wrist guards!  I'm not a pathetic freak at all...

A cheating app for a word game?!  How lame.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

LOL, yeah, I'm a real daredevil on my tiny pond with my helmet and wrist guards!  I'm not a pathetic freak at all...

A cheating app for a word game?!  How lame.

Totally lame..I agree. I used to play Scrabble through Facebook with my cousin until I found out she was cheating.  I suspected it for a while and she finally admitted it.  To me..why bother playing in the first place if you're not even going to bother to challenge yourself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know that in the grand scheme of life it's not a huge deal, but honestly, I'd be hurt by that deception.  I hate that duped feeling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

If the early bird gets the worm, we're ready to go fishin'.  DH had to get up at 4:50 and was out the door at 6:15.

I hear the wind is supposed to be calmer today so I'll walk Gracie and then go skating without her. I'll get all my cleaning done this morning.  I really want to go shopping, but it's so far to everything from here that I must bundle trips.  I will have to go grocery shopping though, and maybe I can find one that's near some clothing shops.

Gotta make my coffee, though, or NONE of that is going to happen, LOL.

Have a great day, everyone,

~kar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I know that in the grand scheme of life it's not a huge deal, but honestly, I'd be hurt by that deception.  I hate that duped feeling.

I agree. In the grand scheme of life it's just silly little nonsense. I don't like the duped feeling either..but usually getting duped makes me a little smarter for the future..lol. I was not hurt by my cousin's actions..but I was annoyed. Like I said..why bother playing the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I played scrabble once with a group of women who kept a dictionary on the table - before they would play a word, they would look it up to be sure it was a word - said it was their way of learning new words !!!!!  I couldn't believe they actually reasoned the use of using a dictionary.  They couldn't understand why I only played 2 games with them, and never again - offered me the use of the dictionary too, thinking that would make it alright.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

We all know that's wrong, but I think because one is isolated by the internet and cannot see the effect that cheating has on the other players, their chagrin at losing, their scepticism that you knew the cheating word before you (in Scrabble) went to look at it in the dictionary, that one looks at it as 'not as bad as' cheating in person.  Also, the cheater may think that since someone built the cheating app it must be ok!  Wouldn't be there if it weren't, when in reality, it's just a vehicle to show you ads or collect your info for spam purposes, etc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The group I speak of were playing the actual board game - around a neighbor's kitchen table.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, the dictionary can only be used in scrabble if someone has officially challenged a word another player has made.  However, if everyone at the table has agreed to a new rule, it's not cheating. :)

I get that anon makes people daring, but why play?  How is it fun to win if you cheated to do it?  I just don't really get it.

I feel like it's noon for having gotten up too early.  Doesn't help that Gracie had to get up at 1:30 to use the restroom...sigh.

oh, well, that's what caffeine is for, and I've got a lot to do. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Kar glad you did not take offense:0

I do enjoy some outdoor cold activities but am ready for summer!  I am sick of the cold weather, sick of the dark both leaving in the AM and returning in the PM.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I did download SpellTower on my iPad and phone yesterday, we'll see how it goes. Found a little blood from Yoda yesterday, but none this morning. I'm sure it takes a day or two for the antibotic to start working. I also ordered a diffuser that plugs in and is supposed to de stress him, it's worth it to give it a try. 

ETA:  43 days until Spring!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Indeed, the dictionary can only be used in scrabble if someone has officially challenged a word another player has made.  However, if everyone at the table has agreed to a new rule, it's not cheating. :)

I get that anon makes people daring, but why play?  How is it fun to win if you cheated to do it?  I just don't really get it.

I feel like it's noon for having gotten up too early.  Doesn't help that Gracie had to get up at 1:30 to use the restroom...sigh.

oh, well, that's what caffeine is for, and I've got a lot to do. 

I did not feel they were "cheating" per se, but just couldn't see where the challenge in the game was if you could double check your spelling first, and also take in any surrounding words on the page for play.  Certainly didn't make a big deal out of it, just declined invitations to play again.  I always liked scrabble, especially the challenge part, because sometimes you "challenged" incorrectly!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Good morning everyone. I did download SpellTower on my iPad and phone yesterday, we'll see how it goes. Found a little blood from Yoda yesterday, but none this morning. I'm sure it takes a day or two for the antibotic to start working. I also ordered a diffuser that plugs in and is supposed to de stress him, it's worth it to give it a try. 

ETA:  43 days until Spring!!!

How did the vet leave it a far as checking back with him, both to get results of the test, and regarding any future medication/diet?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, I'm pro playing the game by Hoyle standards, too.  

Winter, I hope Yoda is feeling better and the antibiotics do their thing asap.  It's so stressful to have a sick pet since they can't tell us how they feel or if what you're doing is helping, etc.  kind of like a pre-verbal tot.

allready, if I couldn't laugh at myself in that getup I'd have serious issues, lol!!!  I'm ready for Spring, too, and frankly don't really enjoy being outside in the cold at all for any reason.  But, I do it to keep both Gracie and myself in shape.  DH bought me wool long underwear, and that makes it far more bearable...dare I say it, fun?  Almost. :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, the Vet is supposed to call me today with the lab results and tell me if I need to do anything different. When I went in November they had me give him less food since they felt he could lose some weight. Well he lost almost a half a pound.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

tt, the Vet is supposed to call me today with the lab results and tell me if I need to do anything different. When I went in November they had me give him less food since they felt he could lose some weight. Well he lost almost a half a pound.

Cheerio was reading over my shoulder, and said, "Please don't take me to the vet, Mom!"