February 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: February 2013

Oh tt, how I can imagine Cheerio. That's what our son's kitties would do. I love them so and I miss them. Truly. My son and DIL keep telling me, I should have one of my own. I would love to. But with all our traveling everywhere, it would not be possible to care for a pet. I am living with a pet through you and other chatters here.
    Having a batch of Winter's banana bread in the oven. But in a muffin shape. Much easier to pick out a few and heat up whenever.
    DH just called. He is sending everyone home (with pay), and will be home shortly.
    Tuna sandwich is waiting for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

The mailman did make it about a half-hour after I posted.  The oil company came to deliver oil - I suppose they want everyone topped up in case they can't deliver later but if we lose power, it will be of no use except to top up their revenue.

I've made spaghetti sauce in the electric frypan which is on warm so it will cook all afternoon. 

Because we are both working hard and are home, I have turned the heat up to - wait for it - 64!  Wow!  I'm hot now.  We had warmed up leftovers for lunch so that if we lose power tomorrow it won't be sandwiches again.  Talked to some of the relatives and we are all prepared.  Winter, hope you will soon be home safe.  It's bad out there now!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, foolish error on my part with the muffins.  Had wiped down my oven a week or so ago, and when I put the racks back in, evidently set them in ower than usual.  Wondered why I could smell the muffins at 20 minutes.  Tap tested them and left them in a couple more minutes and then took them out, can see the bottoms of papers looked burned.  Looks as tho the bottoms will be sliced off and fed to the birds.

ETA:  I'm saved by the papers.  Just peeled one off and altho the bottoms of the liners looked burned, the muffins are fine.  Full of juicy blueberries from last summer, and fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Blizzardy greetings, everyone!  

Winter, have a safe drive and all our other Chatters out there on the roads.  

Made out great with Gracie, thanks.  We walked awhile on the road, but then ventured onto the woodsy trail loop.  She has a much better time off leash and is obviously able to run and burn more energy.  Then, came back and did a first shovel of the front and back steps and patio.  Played fetch with Gracie to keep the energy burn off going, lol.  

Came in to a cool house (66) and 100 degree stove so took the opportunity to clean the glass.  Then, loaded her up.  had leftover turkey burger and salad for lunch with a lovely Sam Adams Irish Red, part of the Spring Thaw variety pack.  Some "Spring thaw," lol.

too bad about your oven racks and muffins, tt - I've done that!

thought dh would be home by now...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news, tt - your post popped up when mine did. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

After a quiet morning, I am surprised by the birds at the feeder. Looks like they are  stocking up. Do they know something, we don't?
    DH came home, had his tuna sandwich and fell asleep in front of the TV. I let him sleep. Bless him; it doesn't happen often.
    I just took out  batch of Banana Muffins from the oven. The house smells so good. Sorry about your batch, tt. I am sure they are edible.
    The TV is on. The media is trying to scare us. Hardly any snow here, but they are forcasting the worst ever. Traffic banned after 4 pm and 1000s of National Guards prepared.
    Hope you all are doing ok.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think everyone in town who has a plow on the front of their truck is out!  Up and down, the sides, and down the middle of the road they go.  That's great, but let's see what happens in the morning when we really need it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've shoveled twice...sigh.  I'd like one of your muffins, please.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Left 8 minutes early and got home in 20 minutes, nobody was on the road. Have all the candles and flashlights ready. 

Looks like anyone that's stopped driving could get a fine after 4. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Are we going to have this storm coverage all night long on the major channels?  I'm so sick of it.  An hourly update would be fine.  Have read some of War Brides and had my supper, but the evening looms ahead of me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We are watching some shows on netflix I'll check my iPad for updates if needed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Guess I'll go in and check Sundance and Encore and some of those - chat in the morning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Shoveling snow gives great caloric rewards...Honey and I will do our driveways before too much longer

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We will probably wait until its over to shovel. The plows will just keep pushing snow in front of the driveway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes, Icer, they will.  We sometimes shovel up to within 2/3 feet of the road and do that at the end instead of doing and redoing it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've more than worked off the hotdogs I ate yesterday.  We try to keep up with it so it's not so heavy, but to each their shoveling own!

and, I agree, why is everything preempted for hours?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We have 3 inches. DH put a yard stick out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Can't tell accumulation here, it's blowing far too hard - sideways.  It looks like we live in a snow globe, lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar did DH make it home yet?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yes, thank you - sorry, should have mentioned it.  He got off the road in the nick of time re the fine.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Glad he's made it home. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I hear ya guys! I'd wait too

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Channel 5 at least is showing their prime-time lineup on their other channels.  Me TV is the name and if you go to their website, thebostonchannel.com I think it is, you can find where that channel is for the various cable providers. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, winter. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We've measured 6 inches of snow. 

Sections
Shortcuts