February 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: February 2013

Our walk was shorter than usual - it was raw and windy by the time we went like you found, Pingo, very unlike it was when I cleaned the car out.  Having been out earlier I underdressed.  Brr!  

Tt, your dinner is about what I'll be eating every night while DH is gone. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I did throw a healthy thought in there and tossed in an apple - and then - cooked up some chocolate pudding to have a dish with whipped cream as a finish!  The evening is still young - I may not be finished yet!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yum!  

I'll definitely get Chinese takeout early on so I can heat that up for days...it's all about the food, lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So, it sounds like your DH will be going and you staying at home, Kar. Maybe that is the best for everyone involved anyway. I would find it interesting, if my DIL would come for a week w/o my son. She is definitely more than welcome, but I would feel it strange. And truth be told, I am glad, I don't always have to join DH for visiting his relatives as well. Being married, it is once in a while wonderful, to do just what you feel like doing, and not have to consider someone else. Besides you have good company in Gracie. Is BIL going as well?
    When I am alone, I go one meal to Kelly's and get a cup of their clam chower and an order of fried clams. All that mountain of fried food is are actually discusting. I usually just have a few bites, then throw away the rest. I know, wasting food, but I figure it is better in the garbage, than in me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My in-laws would welcome me, but they are definitely expecting and hoping for DH, for sure, much like you would.  Yes, I'm looking forward to a break from my regular responsibilities and considering his needs, feelings, whatever.  I can have cereal, Chinese, whatever I want for dinner and get up when Gracie does - yes, she is great company. :)

I, too, throw away food rather than put more into me than necessary, but I do take it home to reheat in the toaster oven when I can.

ETA:  I won't miss getting up at 6 to prepare breakfast, tea, and lunch by 7am.  I don't naturally get up until 7.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Funny - I love Judge Judy too.  She is right on the money!  I did read that they pay the expenses of the people appearing and also like $150 - nothing extravagant.

Thanks for your advice on MIL.  TT - you are right - we have come out and asked DH's brothers to help - they say they will but don't follow through.  The ONLY thing we asked for is if sometime they could just take her out.  Take her to a movie (she loves movies) or even just back to their house for the day.  I adore MIL but it would be nice for DH and I to have some quiet time.  We are very lucky that she is still very active, and her apt is separate from our house, so that helps.

Looks like those giant snow banks are finally starting to melt!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Woke up early and am starving.  Guess my throw together supper last night didn't stick by me!  Thinking a nice mushroom/cheese omelet with raisin toast this morning.  Cheerio, of course, has already been fed.

Waiting to hear if GD is coming over after school to make valentine cookies.  I think they wait to let me know until the last minute to see if anything better comes along.  That's alright, making cookies with Nana is probably getting to be old hat.  I've made and frozen the dough and will make a couple of batches for each house anyway.  May run out this morning and replenish some of the appropriate Valentine sprinkle colors (really just an excuse to get out and maybe scoot over to poke in Marshall's as well!).

Yes, I noticed the difference in the height of the snow banks yesterday too, Princess.  I have an old, small car, and I could actually see over the tops of most I came to.  Makes a big difference in driving.

Kargiver, I agree with you, a little separation time is good.  We all need some of our own quiet time to eat whenever we feel like it, sleep whenever we feel like it, and just relax.  Replenishes our soul.

Off to fix breakfast, get dressed, and go out for a couple of hours.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to princess-cal's comment:

Funny - I love Judge Judy too.  She is right on the money!  I did read that they pay the expenses of the people appearing and also like $150 - nothing extravagant

Funny - that's not what I heard.

Enjoy the show, it's frightening to me that some people believe it is reality though!

(informative link removed as to not offend anyone) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Omelet is on  the plate, and it's a good thing I got up earlier than usual this morning, phone rang at five to seven:  "Nana, can I come over and make cookies today?"  Yah!  Think I'll run to Michael's too and pick up some valentine fixins that we can make after cookies are done.  Good day ahead for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

What a great start to what promises to be a special day, tt.  Wish we could post photos...

We had omelettes for dinner last night with bacon. :)

I've got my teeth cleaning today - can't wait!  Had to put it off a month because the poor hygienist had the flu in January.

Am planning a little shopping trip while I'm out there so should walk Gracie first, although, I'm not too excited to get out there this early...I'm not a morning person.

must make my coffee and see how I feel after that...better, I suspect, lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I have part two of the Crucial Conversations this morning, so I won't be here from 9-12. I noticed the snow piles were smaller as well, what a relief. tt, what a great start to the day knowing you are going to make cookies and Valentine's with your GGD. Have fun poking around. kar, have fun shopping as well. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

In response to princess-cal's comment:

Funny - I love Judge Judy too.  She is right on the money!  I did read that they pay the expenses of the people appearing and also like $150 - nothing extravagant

Funny - that's not what I heard.

Enjoy the show, it's frightening to me that some people believe it is reality though!

(informative link removed as to not offend anyone) 

Never implicated that I thoght it was real.   However, JJ is obviously doing something right, as she is making $45 mil/year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yes, she's a entertainer, probably a lovely woman, a retired judge.

But her show gives people a false impression of what court is really like, imo.

The concern is that in making syndi-courts look like real courts, they can warp potential jurors attitudes about how a court case should be conducted. In a survey when asked whether a judge should be aggressive with litigants or express displeasure with testimony, 26.32% of non-frequent viewers said yes, and 63.76% of frequent viewers said yes.  (excerpt from consumerist.com)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter - I'm heading out in a few minutes.  Gracie went out and played on her own so I can be lazy until I get back and walk her for sure.  Your training at work sounds fantastic.  Ours was always a ridiculous waste of time, but they usually served snacks so that redeemed it. ;)

I've decided what's for dinner for the next week - Chinese.  I'm ordering a bunch on Thursday night and measuring out (calories) dinner from those irrestible boxes for 6 days straight.   Will have cereal if I run out of food.  I'm cleaning the kitchen, setting up the Vitamix, and not messing it up for a whole week.

So, as you can gather, DH is definitely going.  Looks like what could have been a big storm for us is already out to sea.

Here I go!  Have a great day, everyone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

What I wouldn't give to have Judge Judy's job!  I'd be a lot nicer though.  Seriously, I would love to decide small calims cases.  No laywers, no protracted litigations, just each telling their side.  Funny coming from a lawyer, right?

Had a great start to my day today - was given a Valentine "made" by baby girl at day care.  Brought a tear to my eye and warmed my heart.  Prettiest blob of red paint I've ever seen!  DH and I are celebrating tonight as well, so apparently today is my Valentine's day!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Just checking in before I leave for my first apointment of another round of PT. This time at a different place from where I have gone in the past. This new place has different work-out machines, while the old place was mostly hands on treatment, which I surely needed at  the time. I want to work on my strength and balance. Will see, how that works out.
    Not going in to work today. My office reeks of paint and carpet glue. I still have lots of work, I brought home yesterday, I can do.
    Will stop at TJ's (will I possibly run into you, tt?) and maybe AAA to renew my license. Depending on how sore I am.
    What a great morning you had, tt, with a call from your GGD. Valentines in the making. Must please you so, that she called you, not the other way around.
    Re Judge Judy. I don't watch her much, but when I do, I find her entertaining. She is such a bEEtch, but I look at it as a form of entertainment.
    Chat later.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Winter, Happy Anniversary!  Love what your DS said about becoming a family, my GD's 13 yr old son said almost the same to her, he is real happy with his new family, especially his 3 yr old brother.      Kar, Lucky you, I just love Chinese Food...especially the Chow Mein and Crab Rangoons...don't know  if I could  pace myself like you plan to do, I'd probably keep eating till I was stuffed.....More snow melted...yippee.....finally can see my picnic table and bench in the back yard again.  More snow coming, but only a tiny bit, so they say!!  On my way out again, have to buy a kitchen lamp, the one over the table shorted out,DH said its only 4 mos old, don't think we need a new one, don't know where he's been living, but this lamp has been over our table since we moved here in 92!!  Alzheimers a killer..  Take care all, ss

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Another warm day - consolidated my run into just S&S and was able to get everything I wanted there.  You stand outside and you can just hear everything melting.  Winter robins are back in my holly bush.

How did you make out lamp hunting, SS?  I've yet to stop in CTS and look there.  Seems as tho any time I've been going by lately, it's in a hurry and haven't had time to stop.  Reading away in the l.r.  Am a third through the new book already.

Quick lunch of toasted raisin bread with cream cheese, and a big glass of o.j.  that'll hold me until the first batch of heart cookies comes out of the oven.  GD and I always have to sample before we pack them up for her house and her cousin's.

Did you get any clothes shopping in, Kargiver?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Back from training and I'm having a salad for lunch. Kar, there is no way I could portion out the Chinese food. I've decided to give up Diet Pepsi for lent. tt, I wish I could have a heard shaped cookies, pink and red sprin

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sat down to watch Y&R and fell asleep - Now to get around before my son picks up GD from school and drops her off here.  She'll want a bowl of pasta and butter before we start, and I picked up a bag of Hood's double popsicles - she loves the red ones, I love the root beer and banana ones.  Glad I thought to make and freeze the dough the other day, made for an easier morning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just came back from the PT. I like my new place already. My girl measures all my joint movements, and gave me some easy stretch exercises to do until I see her next. Twice a week for 6 weeks. According to her, I am not that bad, except for my left hip. But that was expected.
    Stopped at TJ's. Didn't see you there, tt. But what I did see, was beautiful roses w/ Baby's Breath tucked in. $12.99 for 12. As pretty and as lovely as the ones I saw at S & S yesterday for $45. Imagine that? Bought myself a bunch for both of us to share. Just a little something to put on the table with the meatloaf. Oh my, meatloaf? Well, that is what DH wants, so that is what I am making.
    So Kar, you mean to say, that DH is going to leave you alone on V-day? Bless him and you for having such a wonderful relationship, that is doesn't really matter.
    I am starving. Better get myself something o eat.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, hope you had a good experience at therapy and aren't too sore.  you should feel it but it shouldn't be painful. 

I can meter out the Chinese food because if I didn't it would cost me a few thousand calories in one sitting - cant afford that! I have a love-hate relationship with my measuring cups, but mostly love because I'm enjoying the benefits of using them. :)

Yup, DH is definitely going.  Gracie and I will be holding down the fort and keeping the fire going.  DH got a super gigantic pile of wood for me in the garage so I don't have to visit the wood pile.

I did go shopping and got waterproof walking/light hiking shoes.  Tried on some clothes, but didn't find anything that fit well.  

And, my teeth are clean, yay!

tt, pasta and butter - a childhood favorite of mine, too.  Have fun.  Good you napped. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, glad you love it!  

Yes, DH is flying tomorrow, but we celebrated Valentine's last Sunday.  No worries, either way, like you say, it's a wonderful marriage.

meatloaf sounds good - comforting and nice for a winter meal.  And, how nice to find affordable roses for the table.  Romantic!

SS, sorry about DH's state of clarity...or lack thereof.  Bless you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

we had meatloaf tonight...i made it heart shaped and a little before it was done....i topped it off with a mixture of ketchup and agave syrup...we actually celebrate v.d. this sunday....we'll go to the legion for chicken bake

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Haha, Icer. That was just what I was thinking of doing. Making the meatloaf heart shape. How are you doing, old friend? You don't post much any longer, and you are truly missed here. You are the "funny girl" here, and that was a compliment. Just hope you have a lot of better things (Zach?) to do.
    Interesting. Didn't know PTs  could be so different. I am kind of upset w/ my othopedic doc. "Just go, anywhere you want". Some guidance, would have been appreciated.
    Today, this girl took the time to measure my joint movements (other place didn't). And by those, she could tell me, what was wrong. She hit it on the nail, before I told her about my pains and troubles. I just hated to switch, but a dear friend told me about this place. And I feel quite confident, they know, what they are doing. More to come.
    How did your Valentine's cookies come out, tt? You must have had a lot of fun doing them. I am sure, you had a chance to make some nice Valentines as well. Do you really know, how blessed you are? So envious of you. Oh no, not envious - just happy for you actually.
    Dinner is ready here. Waiting for DH to show up. Just spoke w/ him. It will be a while. Deadline! Will put something on a plate for him, then eat myself. I made one of my childhood dinners. One he loves too. Oh, well. Things sometimes do not work out the way you want them to.
    My kindle is wating for me. Nighty night!

Sections
Shortcuts