February 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: February 2013

I just don't have much to say...but I interject when I do....Zach is adorable...his 2 favorite things to do are 1) the sound of the letter"f"....and..2)....he tips his head all the way to one side....like you are looking at something sideways....then...you do it....he cracks up...

thanks for the kind words...I think you and I have been on the same wavelength lately as far as whats for dinner

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You've been having Chinese for dinner every night?!  LOL, just joshing. :)  Zach sounds adorable, indeed.  Nothing like having something that consistently makes a lo giggle and laugh.  I hope they get the head tip thing on video.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Happy Valentine's Day!

TT - how was the cookie making party?

A heart shaped meatloaf Icer?  How cute.

No plans for us tonight.  We just do cards.  I don't like out on Valentine's Day  Nevermind the crowds, but I think a lot of restaurants just cook up a bunch of stuff way ahead of time and then reheat and serve - yuck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day everyone,
    Waking up to the sun and above freezing temps. Nice!
    Feelng a bit sore this morning. But I guess that should be expected. Stretched some mucles yesterday, I didn't know I had. Woke them up from deep sleep. Ouch!
    Not much going on today. Will pack up the stuff I brought home and go to the office. My room is done and aired out. I just hope, I can find everything they moved around.
    Have a good day!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy Valentine's Day 

Wish you guys would stop with the meatloaf talk - you did this to me the last time too.  I already did my shopping yesterday (don't dare step back in a grocery store - you know how it is, a list of 10 items turns into $90 trip!) and I have no hamburg in the house - but now all I'm thinking of is MEATLOAF!  Love the idea of a heart shaped one, even just for me.

We had a great time yesterday.  She got out of school early so was here about an hour earlier than I expected.  Glad I had run out when I did.  She said to me, "You have a big baking day coming up next - St. Patrick's Day!"  We decided we will do whoopie pies with a very slightly tinted green filling.  Don't know how that's going to appeal to fam, the green, that is, but she's excited.  It will be the first time she's seen how to make them.  They head for Atlantis next week and all she talked about was taking a pottery class there.  Last year she passed up the class for seeing the dolphins, another favorite.

Finished off "The Last Runaway" - and I'm bug-eyed to prove it!  Guess it was good, I couldn't put it down.  Will have to check out B&N ads and find another one to look for in the library.

Test to have done today, but I'll leave half the cookies we made in a container on the table for intown son, along with pumpkin's book.  He may get a chance to stop over before I go out.  DIL is going for a second cortisone shot in shoulder.  She almost passed out after last one, so he wanted her to wait for a day he could take off and go with her again.

Guess that's plenty of news from me (interesting or not) for an early morning.  Hope you all have a happy valentine's day, with maybe an unexpected valentine arriving.

ETA:  I just got a valentine picture of pumpkin in my email - he gets more beautiful each day - those big beautiful eyes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy Valentine's Day friends!!  We went out for a lovely dinner last night, thinking we'd be ahead of the crowd, but the rest of the crowd was there too.  In chatting with the hostess she mentioned that this whole week has been busy, so looks like lots of off-day celebrations.  It was nice to have the time together - and to both eat a hot meal at the same time!  Between our schedules and baby girl's, its not a given that we get to do so every night. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November, do I ever remember those days. It is part of becoming a parent; many new parents are not prepared for it. It won't be long, before you can take your daughter out to celebrate whatever with you. We always brought our boys with us, when they were old enough for finger food. Never had a problem. But we also made sure to go, when the restaurants were least busy, so we didnt have to wait hours to get a table. We found, around 5 is a good time. One has to make sacrifices with baby in tow.

Kar, are you the "taxi driver", or are you splitting it w/ your SIL's DH? At least it is a beautiful day for going on a trip. Don't think you will be called on your way home, to come back and pick them up - like I had to. I am sure you and your DH both will have a grand time.

Sent DH off to work with a full Valentine's Day (aka Sunday breakfast). Sunny side up eggs with bacon and home made waffles topped w/ with strawberries and blueberries and whipped cream. He was shocked. "You did this for me on a lousy Thursday? I think, I can get used to this". Don't push it Honey. Btw. he loved the roses. I feel so lucky to have him, and to get up a bit earlier than usually, was not a great sacrifice on my part.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Pingo, I hope you are just mildly sore; maybe this will prepare you for being able to get out and enjoy Spring without pain.  After all, the more you move the more you can eat. ;)

tt, what a special relatioinship you have with the LOs.  Baking is such a "togetherness" activity, too.  Love it!!  And, already looking forward to next time, too, what a great feeling.

Prin, cards are good especially in the winter.  Sometimes going out in the cold for any reason isn't that appealing to me.  I think the reheat thing is not universal, though.  There's one by us that I might visit tonight alone; how sad is that?!  It's really good, though, and where we went together on Sunday to celebrate.  I'll see what the deal is.

Nov, hot food cannot be overrated imo - that would be a serious sacrifice of motherhood for me, LOL!  That's great you got a romantic night out.

So, will it be Chinese takeout or V's Day at "our" place?  Hm.  Well, either way, I'll be prepared calorie wise - my friend is coming by at 1:00 for our 4 mile loop with Gracie (who has been basking in the sun all morning for the first time in weeks) and tea afterwards.  She's been working OT so we haven't walked in awhile.

Still trying to make (and keep!) plans with trips' dad.  But, if that doesn't work out or look good for the next week, maybe I'll go up to visit them all this weekend for a few hours since DH won't be home to miss me.  

Got the stove cranked because I didn't put enough wood in last night thinking it was going to be warmer overnight.  Whoops - got up to it being 62 in here.  It's up to a balmy 65, now, and climbing.  The sun will do the job the rest of the day.

Valentine's Day blessings, everyone,

~kar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, saw your post when my long winded one came up. :)  

DH and SIL are taking their cars to the airport.  I'm getting off scott free on this one!

What a breakfast, and roses, too?!  How lovely.  I'm sure he could "get used to that," LOL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, what precious memories you are making for your GGD. When she gets older she will look back on them with so much happiness. Pingo, guys at work were coming back from lunch with the roses from TJs for their wives. Kar, I think you should go with the Chinese for tonight. Just me and DS, I made meatballs Sunday, so it will either be meatball subs or spaghetti and meatballs, his choice. (think he'll go with the subs)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Pingo that was so sweet, and clearly DH appreciated it.  We often tag baby girl along with us, but this was a special occasion - and it was good to focus on one another and the meal, instead of passing her back and forth and pickng up toys, etc.  We are lucky to have all the grandparents nearby so we can sneak away here and there.

Kar - hope you and Gracie have a wonderful girls' weekend.  You are making me want Chinese food, though!  Maybe tomorrow for dinner?

TT - I also love that you are passing down your baking traditions.  Such a great way for the generations to bond!  I can't wait to back with our little one.

Has anyone heard from Amber?  Her DD must be coming up on her due date, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November, no - we haven't heard from Amber in quite a while. And it worries me/us. Especially w/ her GD on her way, one should think Amber would have filled up her share of the posts. But, no. Hope nothing happened to her daughter ot the baby.
    Amber, if you are reading this, we would love to hear from you. Just a couple of words would do it.
    Kar, I hope your DH parks at PreFlight. Lot, lots cheaper than MassPort. Now why in the world can't your BIL not do this? He is using you, Kar. You are too good a person.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, I think evenings out alone - aka HOT DATES - are super important, and I'm glad you avail yourself of your loving family to get out once in awhile and celebrate your marriage.  What a blessing!

Pingo, DH and SIL are flying out of Providence; I think it's cheap there no matter where you park. BIL is a user, indeed.  I accomodate him FOR DH, not for his sake.  I could say no and have no problem standing my ground, but it would cause unnecessary friction.  I'm home all day, every day, so spending a few of them driving to Logan isn't a big enough deal to me to refuse to do.

It's warm and sunny...can't wait for 1:00 for my friend to arrive.

I think I may have put too much wood in the stove in my drive to warm it up.  It's 68 already, and there's lots more burning to be done in there...it's going to be 75 before all is said and done.  Oh, well, DH isn't here to be too hot, lol.  I'll enjoy my mistake, believe me.

ETA: Winter, I think you're right - Chinese.  If I go out I'll spend a lot of money and won't have a lot of meals for it, either.  

And, it's 69, now, in here.  It must be pretty warm out - Gracie is sound asleep sprawled out on the patio in the sun.  She hasn't done that for a long time!  Too bad we can't post photos.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh yes, Providence is a lot more reasonable. So is Manchester, NH. One hour's drive either way and plenty of parking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's up to 73...bets on how hot it will get in here, lol?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, open all the windows and get rid of all the stale winter air. I know, waste of precious wood, but it will clear you brain and do wonders for your health. Besides you are already burning it. No way back from that one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great idea, I'll do that!  Thanks!  I am usually so prone to shutting the door immediately to keep the heat in it never occurred me to open up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good idea Pingo, but if it were me Kar, I'd put on some short sleeves and enjoy the warmth. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I don't think 73 is too hot at all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Edit, changed my mind about commenting in this forum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The fresh air is nice; it does get so stale.  I don't find 73 too hot, per se, either, but it would take a lot more wood to keep it there instead of the 68 I'm used to...everything is relative.  

My friend should be here any second.  I just finished a lovely lunch of apples and peanut butter and a toasted wrap with goat cheese and cranberries.  Ready for our power walk!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My house is never at 68 unless we have company. We keep it around 64/65 and it goes down to 60 at night and when we are not home. Oil is very expensive.

Kar, the news says 4-8 inches of snow on Saturday night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, I didn't mean to keep the windows open until your furniture are covered with a sheet of ice. I only meant for a few minutes. That should be enough to exchange the ions. We used to sleep ALL winter w/ an open bedroom window. I miss it, but as we are getting up in age, as they say, it gets too cold. Especially too cold to get out of bed in the morning. but I still open the bedroom windows for a few minutes, while I do our bed in the morning. DH is "yelling" at me for doing it; oil is precious these days. But it really make such a difference for you welbeing. And I leave the kitchen slider open, while I fill the bird feeder, so the air freshens up in our living area.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I saw 2 - 4 inches of snow this weekend. I don't think they have been able to pinpoint it exactly yet. Anyway, too late to call your DH back, Kar. With just a few inches, you (and he?) should be fine. Unless it melts, it will still be there, when he gets back. Something for him to look forward to. LOL
    We used to keep our house around 66 degrees. But that is too cold for us now. So DH has pushed it up to 68, and down to 65 at night and when we are not at home. We use fleeces, slippers and blankets, while watching TV. And keep ourselves toasty warm in bed with our European down comforters.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm with you and the fresh air, Pingo.  The sun shines in the front of my house and days like today I leave the inside door open.  Cheerio goes right over to the spot of sun that falls on the floor and lies there until she gets too warm.  If I hear the heat go on, I just push the thermostat down.

Just got back in.  As usual, the tech doing the test was mum, so I'll have to wait a couple of days to see how things went.  Had the car window open while I drove.  Returned the library book and found 3 new books, completely different, that look good.  One in Ireland, one in England, and I'm not sure where the other takes place.  All due back in 3 weeks, so a book a week to read.

Now making a nice cuppa, sneaking a peanut butter egg, and checking to be sure I have a clean set of sheets.  Stripped my bed before I went out, and am hoping the bureau drawer has a fresh set ready to go on.  If not, down cellar I go to the washer.

P.S.  Love the first line of your post, Pingo  LOL

"Oh, I didn't mean to keep the windows open until your furniture are covered with a sheet of ice"

Sections
Shortcuts