February 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2013

Nothing at all stuck to the pavement here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ah, that's nice, tt. How are the muffins? I looked up Aunt Mamie's cake. There is a gluten free Orange Cake below it. Using rice flour. Thought of your son.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Muffins are good.  Rose up beautifully.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, everyone!  Have been offline getting some chores done and then taking a 40 minute ski around the yard (lame, I know).  I'd like to get the bulk of what I envision accomplishing while DH is gone  all today so I can totally relax the rest of the time.  I can squeeze two more meals out of the Chinese, and then I'll get a large pizza.  You might recall that was my entire diet when I was single, lol, for a whole year.

shoveled and then cross country skied around the yard for 40 minutes.  I suppose, technically, I cross yard skied.

Forgive me, I still need to catch up on your day...will when I settle in for the night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So, why in the world is that lame, Kar? You skied for 40 minutes. And that is good. Who cares where. Besides you live out in boonies anyway. Lots, lots better than your indoor stepper or threadmil. Must have been so nice.
    So what is your project this time DH is gone? The last time you organized your closets. It is always great to have a good chunk of time to do special projects, w/o any interfering.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

i had a busy day...and an unexpected visit from my son and Mr. Zachary....My son came over to up-date our entertainment center and I got to stand on my head....Zachary loved it...so I did too...

It has been kind of a joke with myself and my son.."I want a granchild while I can still stand on my head"I would say....They are trying fo # 2 child

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well Icer, you know what they say, if you stand on your head every day.....

I haven't tried that in years.  I'd be afraid I'd break my neck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello everyone,

Wanted to stop in and say hello. I finally have a job with a law firm in the Back Bay and I am very happy to be working. Big cut in pay, but grateful to be working. Plus side is I am working 9:00 - 5:00. First time in too many years, I am working a 35 hour work week instead of a 40 or 50. Love it and the fact they closed the day of the blizzard was a big plus after my last job that made me always go in. So in the end it all comes out in the wash. I handle a lot of legal cases and the master court calendar, so very challenging but satisfying. I am also getting ready for my grandson Joey's delivery in 4 weeks, earlier or later, depends on what he decides! lol! But very soon! I met her Doula today and she was so nice and reasurring. I was asked by DD and Joe to be in the delivery room with them and I am so honored and touched... To see my grandson born will be such an amazing and bonding experience... We then went shopping and I cleaned her house for her with her protesting, but I know she is getting tired. We then had lunch with Joe. Such a nice day. I hope everyone is well, as too many posts to try to catch up on. ♥

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I actually just do a deep sit up...we have all hard wood or tile floors....but every once and a while...I lay out carpet or some other soft surface.....and first, I  get into tri-pod mode...then extend...i can still do it....but it is a skill one must cultivate and hone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, amber, good to see you!!  Congrats on the new job, and I can't believe DD's delivery date is SO CLOSE!!  Doulas are very popular these days, and I think it's great.  OBs are spread thin and not as personally attentive, I think.  My niece is studying to become a midwife; I'm not sure what the difference is...is suppose I can look it up.  But, I digress.  I'm thrilled you have a job even if it's less than what you were making.  Give a couple of years and you can look for a higher paying opportunity if you want.  In the meantime, I hope you love it there.  Sometimes the job and the people are well worth less money...I learned that the hard way.

icer, I started doing 2 sets of ten slow crunches before I get out of bed in the morning.  I'm maintaining my 14 lb loss and am slender, but hoping for more muscle definition before summer.

just put wood on for the night after allowing it to cool off in here so we won't have another too hot  night.  

RTA: Pingo, thanks - it seems lame to farrt around the back yard when we live in an area where miles and miles of state trails are groomed for snowmobiling.  We even have an open field on our road we have permission to use, but I was too lazy to load Gracie into the car and go anywhere, lol.  Just snapped on skis and went in a circle!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, I asked what the heck was a doula too! It is a birthing coach I was told. But probably all the same thing. DD is getting an epideral but the Doula etc. is suppose to help her through her labor. In my eyes, lots of drugs would be just as helpful....... kidding! not... lol!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Amber, it is terrific to hear from you and that you have a job~sorry about the pay cut though.  Maybe if you rationalize that you can spend the extra hours with the grandson?  I'll pray that all goes well with your daughter and the baby.  Please stop in again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The first person I ever heard of using a doula was an Orthodox Jew so I made the assumption that it was a Jewish midwife, but I'm pretty sure that's not it, lol.  

Ran out of Chinese and started on pizza, phase two of Operation Out of Kitchen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you hats : ) Nights will be the best time for me to post since so much is going on. Thank you so much for the welcome back : )   Kar, the hospital offers the Doula and it is such a great service. She will be visiting DD once a week after Joey is born to let her nap, feed the baby, etc. and to check in on her for the first month. I am so happy as I will be doing weekends to clean and help out but happy to know someone will help during the week. Joe can only take a week off and I was planning on taking vacation until I got laid off. I liked her a lot and I was reassured since I will be in the room with no clue on what to do. She told me she will be my partner in helping DD : ) P.S I had Popeyes fried chicken and mashed potatoes with biscuits! 

P.S. I know I mentioned the pay cut but I will manage that. Didn't want to come across ungrateful. 35 hour work week, with a company that has the brains to close in a blizzard and everyoe is so nice, is well worth it. A thousand times better than my last job and I get to use my brain and be busy to boot!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, that's great, ambergirl, what a service.  

I'm...so...stuffed...I feel sick.......ugh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Well, they were right about the snow, at least here.  Sander just went down the street.  It's the fine heavy snow that you just know is going to add up.  I'm sure my cookie making GD and fam are watching it carefully, hoping it doesn't cause any flight delays that ricochet over into tomorrow.  They leave on vacation.

Glad to hear you have a job, Amber, and that all is going well with your DD.

Icer, I hope someone got a pic of you standing on your head!  That would really be something to laugh over in later years with Zach - - "And  look what Nana did just for your entertainment!"

Kargiver, I think you did great to snap on those skiis and get out there moving around the yard.  You were moving and in the fresh air to boot.  Just a couple more days and family life will be back to normal.  I'll bet your DH is getting a little anxious to get back home too.

Tax stuff to pull together today, then some reading in one of those 3 books I borrowed.  One seems pretty good so far, "Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore".  Hope you all stay warm and safe today. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!  

Ahhhhhh, sleeping in is so nice.  Got up at a blissful 7:30.  Gracie, too.  But, yes, we are missing each other even if enjoying a break from the grind.

just started spitting snow here and the wind is howling.

thanks, I guess it's not that lame; I do feel that I did something real if my back and legs are any indication, lol.

taxes...ugh, best on getting ready for that drudgery.  I need to do the same but probably won't today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

It's been snowing here for a long time - I got up at 6 to about an inch.  So you can tell that it's a coastal storm rather than the 'west to east' pattern.  Just a lazy day in store for us here. ETA until it's time to shovel, that is.  I did a lot of shoveling last weekend too.

Amber, since you don't have time to go back and read all the posts, let me tell you that your name has been mentioned frequently, with concern for how you and your DD were doing.

Kar, so good you got some exercise.  I am feeling the lack of it even though I spent yesterday in cleaning the basement and went up and down the stairs a lot!  I did laundry on Thursday and also went up and down the stairs a zillion times but it does not seem to be the same exertion it used to be, which is good I guess!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hats, if the snow you're getting there is anything like here (I just went out and shoveled the front porch so as not to get barracaded in like last week) it's light and fluffy, sweepable, really.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Daily activity, especially stairs, definitely counts as exercise. My great-grandmother was as strong as an ox and just as fit just by living her life (before my time with her, of course).

speaking of laundry, I'm all caught up.  Did the "red" load I'd been putting off as well as all the Christmas linens that have been stuffed at the bottom of the basket since, well, you know.  Now, to fold.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone - snow is coming down pretty well over here.

Nothing exciting going on.  Will probably go to Costco today.

Amber, it's so nice to see your post, an even better to read the good news.  You have been through a lot, you deserve all of the good things coming your way!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh yes, my Goldie!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    So good to hear from you, Amber. We have all been so concerned. To have a job you like and pleasant co-workers means a lot. Money is nice, but not everything. Hope everyting goes smoothly with your DD and your new GS. Lots of excitement is coming your way. So good to have you back here; hope you will keep posting.
    Looks like it is light snow coming down here. It should be over soon, at least according to the radar. The large broad band is on its way out to sea. Then comes the shoveling - again.
    Icer, you are a riot. What people do for their grand children. I am sure Zach must have been amused. I once had a co-worker, who would stand on her head, whenever and wherever she felt like it. All of a sudden, she would be upside down right next to you. Weird! But she said it relaxed her, and she could think better. She was a strange person in many other aspects too.
    We were planning on going to our office to do some work today, but now I don't know, if that materializes, with the snow that has to be cleaned. Not a problem for me; I always have plenty to do at home. Laundry is always there, and I still have some baking to do. And I have been lazy ironing, since we got back, so I am far from caught up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, hats, that's exactly how things usually are around here!

pingo, I bet you'd be wise to do chores home today and let the office air out a bit more.  That paint.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@Kar, the Boston Herald Vet answered a question about cruciate ligament tear today, thought you might be interested.

http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/lifestyle/2013/02/dog_s_knee_will_only_get_worse_without_surgery

Sections
Shortcuts