February 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: February 2013

That is terrible, Icer. I would have sat in my car, called them and asked them to come out and either shovel their walkways or come and pick up the cakes themselves. Sometimes people are so clueless. I would imagine, if they order special cakes, they must be expecting company. How will that go, with a snowy and icy walkway?
    Good to hear your son is off on time, tt. There is nothing worse, if there are delays and you have to reschule, as I can attest to. Oatmeal cookies sounds good. Haven't made those in a long time either. TX son loves them. And they used to be in the cookie jar all the time, when he was living at home.
    DH just came in from shoveling. Did a good job staying out there for 45 minutes. Not too too bad in the sun. But definitely COLD. Getting ready to go to work. Chat later.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, they had the audacity to complain?!  I hope you won't take that personally, it reflects poorly on them, not your service.

tt, I didn't even think of it being a holiday until there was no traffic!  Good thing because I was about 5 minutes late getting started and that helped.

pingo, how is the paint smell at work?  Is everything done, now?

Good timing for TJ's - we were low on or out of a lot including, gasp, coffee!  I am having my "morning" coffee right now. :)

DH will be home tomorrow, and I'm planning a light, veggie centric meal, Pingo.  He has been eating heavy restaurant food for days and is not faring well given his inflammation condition.  He doesn't want anything rich/special.

must refill cuppa and then walk Gracie; we didn't go yesterday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, it sounds like your in-laws are people that eat out a lot. Just like our son's in-laws. For the latter it is either eat out or take out. DIL's mother never cook or cooked. When they entertained, it was catered or now DIL and her sister cooks. It was one of the things our son had to "teach" our DIL, that one can actually cook and eat at home, and she has become quite an accomplished cook/chef. A light veggie dinner sounds just, what your DH would love. How nice of you to think of that, especially with his sensitive stomach. Hope no damage has been done.
    Wanted to mention to you, I found fresh rice noodles at TJ's the last time I went. Made Pho the other day. Chicken broth with lots of veggies and then the noodles. Was delicious. You actually don't cook anything. You just put the noodles with thinly sliced meat and veggies in a bowl. Then heat the broth to boiling and pour the boiling broth over everything. How easy can that be? It was really, really good. The next time I will grow some bean spouts and try to get some Thai Basil.
    The paint smell is gone, thankfully. But I have an electrician and an A/C guy next door working in the rental space. Quite noisy. It is close to 4, so they should be gone soon.
    Are you planning to take a walk with Gracie? It is not as cold as it was this morning, but you must have noticed, that wind is something else. Make sure to bundle up, if you go out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, they eat out a lot!  She has decided she's "done in the kitchen," but she cooked for their family of 6 until the kids moved away and they retired.  No permanent damage done, but he'll want to eat extra light and adhere strictly to his dietary needs for awhile. Pho sounds delicious and so easy, thanks!  Next time I go to TJs I'll look for those noodles.

Walked Gracie and did bundle up tight. It was 27 degrees...brrrr.  Speaking of which, I need to throw more wood on.

That's good the paint smell is gone, but noise now?  How long, do you know?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Icer, you MUST stop talking about your cakes, deliverying them, etc - it makes my mouth water for our wedding cake.....  people talked about our wedding cake forever that you made!  How often does that happen, everyone, that the wedding cake is something that is talked about (well, people talk about when a kid tips it over, or it falls over, but I mean something good)?  I had wanted a purely chocolate cake but she suggested layers and that strawberry whatever you made layer was so GOOD! 

Seriously, I wish we lived in MA so we could get another one.  Perhaps we'll order one the next time we're at my parents' house just because.  Just because it's CHRISTMAS sounds like a good idea, right? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Honey remembers folding up your cake boxes..He says to say Hi!....i am glad you liked your cake ...I am lucky that I get to stay in touch with soooo many of my brides...funny how that is

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ok, now I want an icer cake, too...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

DH will be home this afternoon, YAY!!!  went to bed and got up early to get back in the swing of things.  Making coffee, now, having breakfast and getting right to the last minute chores to erase all evidence of my own little house vacation.  it's been great, but the house is, um, how do I say it, a mess.  Well, except the kitchen, aka, Vitamix shrine.

my friend will be calling soon to see when we can walk today so I really have no time to spare.  Will sit and enjoy breakfast and then get on the stick.

and, for anyone not keeping up with the LoseIt thread, for all my Chinese and pizza I lost 2 lbs since DH left...how, I honestly don't know because the numbers don't add up.  ???

will check in here and there...have a great day, everyone!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Got up an hour later than usual to see the sun shining.  Even tho the temp shows as 27, I figure by the time I'm ready to go out (10'ish), it will be up in the 30's.

Kargiver, seems as tho the time your husband has been away has gone by pretty fast, does it to you ?  Good to have him home today and you both can settle back in to the home routine you know.  I worry (have to have something to worry about since my son's fam is all ok - lol), about your posts of still losing weight.  A good measure will be what your husband thinks when he sees you after being away a week.  If he says you are getting too thin, take his advice to heart.

Mothermitzi, I check the boards on a Monday morning and hope to see another post from you - is everything alright?

Sprucing up to do around here before I head out, but will check the boards later.  Enjoy the sun everyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Don't you feel great for that extra hour, tt?  I enjoyed sleeping in a few days, and so did Gracie. Yes, it HAS flown by, and I'm more than ready for his return and our return to routine.  A break did me wonders and I'm sure it did him, too.  

Thank you for your concern re my weight.  With careful measuring and sticking (on average) to my maintenance budget (that I've already increased by 200 calories per day over what LoseIt said I'd need) I've maintained my weight for 2 weeks so I thought I had found the magic number.  I'm stunned for having lost 2 pounds the week I went over budget by nearly a whole day's worth (having eaten 8 days of food in 7 days - Chinese and pizza even!!!) so I'll increase my budget by another 50 per day.  DH has already made it clear I'm as slender as I should be, and if I lose any more at 1900 I'll bump it up by another 50 a day.  Thanks for mentioning it, tt; I hope this makes you feel better.  I'm working hard to find that true maintenance budget.

my town friend called so I've had this up awhile...apologies for missing any posts subsequent to tt's.  we aren't walking together today - we're both working on a long to-do list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I've been so sick with a cold. I had to go into work today, or I don't get paid for yesterday's holiday. Kar, I echo tt about your weight, with all your walking and exercising, you need to increase your calorie intake. Amber, so happy that you got a job that you seem to enjoy. Hope your DD is feeling well in her last month. I remember that last month was unbearable for me. It was August and it was just so HOT.

DS' team won the championship on their division on Sunday. I went home and took another nap. Took one Saturday as well. I never nap so you know that I wasn't feeling well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Supposed to be in the 40's today, tt, and it is Tuesday today - not Monday (LOL), even though it seems like it is after the long weekend.
    Kar, you must be looking forward to have DH back today. Gracie will probably go crazy.
    Lost another 2 pounds? Does that mean, you are 6 pounds below your goal? Please keep in mind slender is nice too skinny is not.
    Have a PT appointment again this morning. Then off to the office. Will use the nice day to go to the post office and mail all the tax forms, that are due at the end of this month. They have been ready for a while, but I had no desire to brave the weather, we had the past week or so.
    Gotta run. Chat later.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just saw your post, Winter. Sorry you are not feeling well. Too bad you had to go to work. Couldn't you have taken a vacation day? We have the same rule at our office. No paid sick days after a holiday. We had too many employees calling in "sick" after a long weekend. But anyone can certainly take a vacation day, if they feel, they need to stay at home. Hope you feel better soon.
    Congrats on your son's team winning their division.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm trying, ladies, thanks - I'm bumping the budget up to account for the unexpected loss. I'd maintained for awhile so I thought I was all set.  Pingo, yes, 6 lbs under my original goal, but since making my goal I've worked diligently to find that magic maintenance amount - it didn't help that LoseIt started me out at 100s a day under what I really need.  Beware of that when you make your goal!

Congrats to your DS, Winter!  Sorry you weren't feeling well - I have to be pretty sick to nap, too, so I understand.  Take care.  What is next for DS's team?  Was that the big kahuna game?

Indeed, Gracie will go absolutely bananas when DH arrives - she's cried every night for hours.

best at your PT appointment, Pingo - I hope it pays off with an active Spring and Summer free of hip pain.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, yes I could, but I only get 15 vacation days and need those when DS doesn't have school, etc. This was the championship game for 5-6 grade boys in our town. They got a nice sweatshirt (which is way too big) for DS. 

We did our taxes and have them submitted already. We will be installing our 6 foot vinyl privacy fence once the they tell us the weather is a go. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Amber, how nice to hear from you!  Congrats on your new job - what wonderful hours, and it sounds like you like the work.  =)  How very special, too, that you will be there at the moment of the little guy's arrival!

Lots of raves for Icer cakes - perhaps I should seek you out for baby girl's first birthday?!!

Speaking of baby girl, the little miss has figured out how to pull herself up using the bars of the crib - little monkey!  She's also rocking back and forth and will be crawling any day.  Add to that her first tooth is starting to break through!  Such a busy weekend of milestones!  We were in NH this weekend, and took her to a winterfest at a local farm, along with my nieces.  She slept through the whole thing in the Baby Bjorn - including getting her face painted, and taking a horse drawn sligh ride!  It was actually warm and sunny up there Saturday, so I was happy to get some fresh air into her lungs.

Wishing safe travels back home for Mr. Kar.  I've rambled enough for now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, congrats to your son and his team.  That's great.  Sorry you are under the weather.  Seems as tho when I was out this morning all I heard were people coughing and blowing their noses.  Hope I've built up some sort of immunity at this point.

Grey skies here - rain coming in?  

Finally am remembering to cook up tonight the bag of spinach that's been hiding in my crisper.  Reheating some frozen lasagna.  Have a repair call coming tomorrow morning, but hope to get out afterwards and do a little meat shopping. and maybe a nice piece of fish.

Got an email from G.T. saying they will be down this way this week-end and will go looking for a no contrct phone for me.  Neither of us know what exactly we should be expecting in this phone.  Googling didn't help much, at least not me.

Made up some chocolate pudding, but still craving chocolate.  Have to poke through recipe box and get something in the oven after supper - whoopie pies?  Have all the fixings,  that might be a good choice.

Has your husband landed yet, Kargiver?  I know he's looking forward to a good home cooked meal in his own home again, and Gracie - - - she'll be in 7th heaven!  

Have a good evening everyone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, Nov, lots to put in the baby book right now!  Very exciting.  :)

Yup, he's home and all's well, again, with the world.  Gracie is ecstatic and will sleep better tonight.  She's gone to bed literally crying every night.

Sounds like a good dinner, tt - good you noticed the spinach before it became garbage stuffed in the back of the fridge; that happens to me.  In fact, I just cleaned out the freezer, and...never mind.

He did want something light for dinner, as expected, so that was easy.  Good to ease back into cooking, lol.

Have a good night, everyone,

~kar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello ladies,

Just popping on to let you know I won't be posting. Very rarely if ever. I just don't have time. I have enjoyed all of you for the years I have posted and I wish you all well. It was a pleasure for a time and I will treasure that time. Not saying you will never hear from me again but cannot honestly say when. I wish you all the best and lots of love and best wishes to all of you. ♥ 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well Amber hope you will let us know about the baby....

BTW I am missing MM and wondering how her recovery is going, and if she has decided to retire....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Thanks for letting us know, amber, and I'm thrilled you have a great job and so much exciting stuff going on.  Sometimes friendships aren't meant to be literally forever no matter how fond; life changes.  Of, course, everyone will be looking for baby news. Pop in any time.

yes, I have wondered, too, about mm's health, hoping she is well.

Got to run now to get DH's lunch - back to normal, already!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Hats, thought you were going away this week?  Wasn't that why you were cleaning out the fridge?

Service call for furnace coming between 8-12, so I'm showered and dressed already.  Of course he'll probably won't come til 11 or so.

All's well in the Kargiver household this morning, back to normal, I see.  Little Gracie can relax, knowing Daddy will be coming home each night.

Novem, enjoyed reading about your baby.  GGS is 16 months so it wasn't that long ago that he was going through all the same things.  He and his mom were thinking of stopping in yesterday, but she emailed me he was just too miserable, cutting 2 more teeth.  He started walking early, before a year, and it sounds as tho your little miss may be headed in that direction too.  Funny as anything to watch when they first get their sea legs under them.  It's not long after that before they're climbing any and every thing.  Enjoy

Speaking of babies, yes, Amber, hope you'll let us know when DD's baby comes, and the wonderful experience of seeing him born.

Breakfast with a nice hot cup of coffee calls - raisin toast with cream cheese is about the quickest to fix I can think of.  I'll be tied to the house, at least this morning, so I'll be checking in.  Have a good day everyone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, all is well and back to normal.  5 days was more than enough break from cooking, and now that I'm raring to go all he wants is steamed vegetables, lol. :) 

Just putting the coffee on after a fabulous double portion of TJ's brand of Greek yogurt.  It's far superior to the chobani which I thought I liked before trying this.  It's got a lovely tang without seeming too sour (I added honey to the Chobani), and the texture is divinely smooth. And, cheaper, too!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes, TT. leaving at the end of the week.  Still working on the fridge cleanout but I am making such progress!  Last night we had the last of some soup from a week ago.  I had a raisin bagel with cream cheese; just one more bagel left, but lots of cream cheese.  Almost the same as you!  Put out bread for the birds but they have not yet found it.  Cleaned out 4 tupperware containers, etc.  Doing a little each day....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

- - - - And my furnace is all set!  Guy was here at 8:04 and just left.  No big problem, a tightening of a belt on the blower.  Quiet again when the furnace runs.  So, now I could go out, but haven't seen the temp reading yet.  Think I heard it was supposed to be really cold today and tomorrow.

Sections
Shortcuts