February 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2013

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Yes, TT. leaving at the end of the week.  Still working on the fridge cleanout but I am making such progress!  Last night we had the last of some soup from a week ago.  I had a raisin bagel with cream cheese; just one more bagel left, but lots of cream cheese.  Almost the same as you!  Put out bread for the birds but they have not yet found it.  Cleaned out 4 tupperware containers, etc.  Doing a little each day....

I ended up pulling one of my orange muffins out of the freezer, setting it on top of the tea kettle while it boiled, and wolfing it down with a hot hot cup of coffee made in my French press.  Noticed there are some strawberries in there I had forgotten, so will look them over and slice up in a dish with a little sugar sprinkled on, for a snack later on.  Never did do any baking last night, so whoopie pies look as tho they're in the forecast for today - especially since Kargiver told me about freezing them.  Delicious treat, almost like an ice cream sandwich.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, meant to ask you yesterday if you've been watching Y&R?  I think they must have a couple of new writers, probably young, who think the way to ensure an audience is to write in nothing but bedroom scenes, or at least rip the clothes off scenes.  I'm so sick of seeing that, they go from one couple to another and the whole hour is filled with not much else.  Here's a clue, Y&R - even the younger viewers want more substance to the show than that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Amber, please let us know about your GS and how your daughter is doing. You are missed on the board. tt, let me know when to come over for a whoopie or two.

As for me, last night I kept hearing a "popping" sound, then saw what looked like a flame streak outside. It happaned a few more times and at about 1:15 we lost power. DH called NStar and they came and we have everything but the stove and Diswasher (240 amp). They are coming to fix that today. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wow, that's scarey, Winter.  Was it just your house, a problem with a connecting wire outside, or did the whole neighborhood lose some power.

How are you feeling today?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think it was just our house. Not sure yet, DH didn't see anyone outside at 1:15.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yummy, frozen whoopie pies...glad I shared that tidbit of goodness. :)

winter, holy cow, what the heck happened?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Whoa, Winter.  That must have been scary.  So glad you are all OK.

Amber, we will miss your posts, but sounds like you are in a good place now, and that is what we all wanted for you, and want for each other, right?

TT - I am loving every minute of baby girl's happenings, and trying to really be present in them as much as I can.  With all the post-baby complications, it is likely she will be my only baby that I carry and have as an infant (I am open to adopting an older child down the road) so I am soaking it all up! I feel for pumpkin and his  mom with two teeth coming in.  Hopefully it is overwith quickly. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    That must have been scary, Winter. Good it was taking care of, before your home went up in flames. How are you feeling today? Cold on it's way out?
    Nice your furnace guy came so early, tt. I just hate to wait around for whoever service people, we need. Now you have the day to your own.
    Kar, I love TJ's yogurt too. But now, that I make my own, I love that more. Have you ever tried to make your own? It is really easy and so good. I usually make a quart at the time, with Greek yogurt as the starter. Just used half of it yesterday to make Tzatziki to serve with chicken drumsticks.
    Why is is so difficult to get whole chicken legs? Was looking for them last night. Seem like S&S never has them. So I ended up w/ the drumsticks. I could have gone to MB, but with the rain last night, I didn't feel they were that important. It was raining cats and dogs, when I left the office, and I was totally soaked, when I got home.
    Amber, sad you have decided not to post any more. Good your new job keeps you busy. We will miss you here. Good luck to you.
    Everyone have a good day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Novem, don't know if you read an older post where I wrote that GD is expecting another little boy in July.  At the time she had pumpkin she was told due to a medical condition, she had just a window of opportunity to conceive.  This new pregnancy came out of the blue.  We all still are getting used to the idea, looked at pumpkin as the only child they would have.  She will have her hands more than full - pumpkin won't be 2 until October.  So far this pregnancy has been completely uneventful.  Unlike pumpkin's, and the miscarriage she had previous to that.  She too, has been getting enjoyment out of every moment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have no idea what happaned. We think it was just the wires/box connecting our house. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, the heavy winds we had recently could have a lot to do with it. Wires do get old and frayed. Or a connection could have snapped, due to the wind pulling the wires. Whatever the reason it happened, good no one got hurt and you were at home, when it happened. It could have had a very tragic outcome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I don't remember reading that, TT, so thank you for reposting.  This pregnancy is no doubt a miraculous blessing for your whole family!

I'm able to have more children - its just not such a good idea.  Can't remember if I told you all what happened, so apologies if I did.  I had previous spine surgery, and have nerve damage and lingering pains in my SI joint/hip area.  Lucky I felt fabulous throughout the pregnancy - likely due to the relaxing hormones loosening things up in my lower back and hips.

About 6 weeks post-partum all those joints and ligaments tightened back up, and something didn't line up right.  My entire back went into spasm and I could not move at all from the pain and tight muscles.  I was on an arsenal of medication to try to control the pain and spasms, and was taken to the ER twice in the same week by ambulance because I couldn't walk or move my arms.  The second time they admitted me for four days.  This lasted about three weeks until it was under control, and all that time I couldn't feed, burp, change, or even hold baby girl unless she was sleep and placed in my arms, because if she moved, I couldn't shift to adjust her. She and I both had round the clock care from family and friends.  She had to go to my mother's house overnight on doctor's advice because they were concerned that if I heard her cry in the night I would move too quickly and go back into spasm.  It was just too scary for me, DH, nd the rest of my family to chance it again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How terrible.  I remember your posting that there were complications after the birth, but certainly don't remember reading just how bad it was.  I agree, you're very lucky to have come through all that feeling good again.  Might you be so lucky again?  Why take the chance.  you have that precious baby and her care to think of now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG November, I can certainly understand your apprehension on getting pregnant again. What a frightening thing to happen. Wonderful everything turned out well. Bless you and your DD!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gosh, Nov, that's awful!  My SIL had a similar thing happen and couldn't EVER lift her LO.  It was very hard on her, too, of course.  Her back wasn't great to begin with, and then the baby really messed it up in good shape and seemingly permanently; their son is 4. 

tt, so pleased to hear the pg is going along nicely - yes, what a blessing after all they have gone through and what they were told about the future.

Pingo, I haven't tried making my own yogurt, but I'm sure I would love it as much as you do.  Not terrible motivated nonetheless right now, but someday maybe.

ah, the timer on my TJs egg roll. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I found a bonanza in the back of my freezer - pkg with 5 large cooked shrimp - went right on top of my salad - so goood.  Still craving that chocolate and still haven't made anything!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ooh, bonus!  

My egg roll wasn't done...I often find TJ'S cooking instructions to be woefully short the time necessary for hotness/doneness.  Anyone else?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't know about T.J., but my brownies are in the oven and will be ready in exactly 30 minutes!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Count down to chocolate craving satisfaction!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Mmmm... I could go for a brownie!

Thanks for all your kind wishes.  We both came through it fine, and get along quite nicely now, with a few modifications from how things "should" be done.  We have our systems, and they work for us!  Much like labor, I don't remember how bad the worst of it was (probably b/c of all the drugs, lol!) but DH and the family remember all too well. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Novem, I was pregnant twice, almost died both times, have only one child.  Altho they said I could try again, Hubby was totally against it, because he did not want to be left alone with small children.  So I did not try.  There are good and bad things about being/having only one.  The good, as you probably know, is very good.  And we have to appreciate what we have, not yearn for what we don't have.  Your attitude is good!  Enjoy that wonderful girl and everything about her.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

So TT...looks like those brownies are timed just right forall the bouoir scenes on the Y&R

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1797616. Show user_1797616's posts

TT,

A few months ago I researched pay as you go cell phones and inexpensive cell phone

plans.  Try googling Tracfone.  I think you will find this is the perfect answer for you.

They have telephones that you buy for as little as $10.00. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

issa

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, what a story. I too had many problems and was told I would never be able to have a baby go full term. I had 3 miscarriages before my son. I had to have a cervical cerclage so he'd stay in there. They removed it at 37 weeks...and he stayed in there until 41 weeks. I also dreamed of having one of each, but I am truly blessed with my son. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, User.  I've forwarded your post to my son, he'll be more knowledgeable on what I do and don't need in a phone.