February 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2013

Nursing homes - I know they're necessary when care gets beyond what a family can do, but everyone tries to stay in their own home as long as they can.  This same couple I was talking about, the partner who collapsed was just advised that his partner with Parkinsons really needs to go into Hospice.  The disease  has progressed so.  The sad (?) part is that it hasn't affected his mind at all, he's still as sharp as ever.  How sad it is to get to that point, as with those in your families, when your body just fails you, and you know all to well what lies ahead.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I understand my MIL is as sharp as a tack, there is just no way she can stay in her apartment alone. Hoping you hear good news about your friend. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

On a lighter note -

I penned a verse to the tune of "Danny Boy" and posted it down in the Talk to BDC section in response to a post by Ache.  Might give you a little smile as you belt it out in your mind -

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's great tt. What does OBN stand for, btw?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I hate to say -   That's Ache's term for us - the nicest version is "Old Broad Nation".  In earlier years he used to have a different term for the "B".  I put "affectionately" in the verse just to get a rise out of Ache.  We have a long standing back and forth banter.  Sometimes he stays within the limits of acceptability, and unfortunately other times he steps over the line.  You never know - as Loretta LaRoche says.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

oh ok. Since I'm only 41, I don't want old anywhere near us, but it's ok I enjoy my time hear chatting with everyone. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG, tt. That is just awesome. The OBN version on Danny Boy.
    I do remember so fondly, when you penned poems here. It looks like the bad boys and girls have mellowed. Won't you please take it up again here? I have saved all your pens for my BDs. I take them out every so often, and nod my head, "Yeah! That tt, is a real good friend". I feel blessed to know you, even though it is only here.
    On a more serious note, how is the gentleman doing? Have the docs figured out, what is wrong?
    Came home early today. My wireless keyboard and mouse gave me trouble all day. I guess they need new batteries. I finally gave up and decided  - enough is enough.
    Bought some nice shrimps on my way home for Pho tonight. What is on your plates?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nothing on my plate, but cabbage soup in my bowl again!  Had an orange muffin to go with.  Last week my GD had emailed and thought of stopping in with pumpkin (didn't materialize because he was so uncomfortable teething), but I realized about supper time that should they come - no cookies in the house.  What's a GGma's house without cookies for little boys.  Pulled out a raisin crisp recipe and made half with raisins and half without.  Love the flavor, but they are probably too crispy/crunchy for the little guy.  Have brownies in the freezer, and not going to worry about it, because 9 to 10 they won't come tomorrow, I haven't heard anything from  her this week that would lead me to believe they are.

Haven't heard anything as yet about our friend.  I'll give G.T. a call around 7:00 and see what he's heard.  Such a sad state of affairs, for both gentlemen.

ETA:  7:00  no news.  Caught G.T. just as he was coming out of the gym, so hasn't been home yet to catch up.  Friends have been in to see friend at hospital and he seems fine today, anxious to go home, but of course they're not going to let him until they find out just what happened.  There may have been an MRI done this afternoon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, hope pumplkin pays you a visit soon. I fondly remembering taking my DS, which my mom called pumpkin, over to visit his nana. She too always had cookies. She watched him for us when I went back to work from 2:00-6:00 for the first 2.5 years of his life. They have a wonderful bond because of that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

I understand my MIL is as sharp as a tack, there is just no way she can stay in her apartment alone. Hoping you hear good news about your friend. 

Winter, there is a program out there called "Home Instead", it probably would cost as much or maybe a bit less than a nursing home.....health care workers come to your home and help out the one who needs them.  my friend wenet from owning 2 homes (one here and 1 in Florida) to none, lived with her daughter and then went into assisted living (costs a small fortune), was talking to her yesterday and altho someone cleans her apt., and her meals are furnished, its not the same.....tough decision...ss

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Icer, did you see the pic of Ernie Boch posted down in the "Talk to BDC" thread by Ache?  Looks amazingly like Adam on Y&R, doesn't he?  Speaking of which, I like that he and Sharon are getting back together, for now at least, always felt they played off each other good.  Did you see yesterday's with Lily all green-eyed because her father hired Chelsea who turns to Kane for every move?  Of course it's OK for Lily to be flirting with Tyler.

Nothing further on our friend, so they are probably still testing.  Worried about his partner and what happened as far as his care last night.  He can't manage any task on his own.  Perhaps a relative spent the night.  This is probably cementing the idea of his having to go to Hospice.

Appt this morning and then will check around to see if GD and pumpkin have plans to stop by.  Want to get a few more groceries in and Wednesday is usually a good day to hit S&S.

No posting from Kargiver yesterday or yet this morning, hope she isn't down with a migraine.

Have to get around, will stop in later in the day.  Have a good one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks ss, however, she does need 24 hour care, and that is something that would cost a great deal of money. None of us are able to provide her with 24 hour care, so a nursing home is probably best. Assisted living is not in the budget.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    I noticed Kar's absence too, tt. Hope she was just busy. She does have a chiropractor appointment on Mondays.
    Boring day ahead of me. Going to PT shortly, then to the office. Hopefully with new batteries, my keyboard and mouse will work again.
    Will try to check in later. Have a good day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Very quiet here today. I've checked in a bunch of times. Going to see what the cafe has for lunch today.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi, Winter.  I'm back.  GD and pumpkin came by around 11:30.  She and I had cabbage soup and I sent the rest home with her.  Pumpkin opted just for applesauce, so sent the cookies along home with them too.

I'm going to run up to S&S and pick up a few things.  Hope you find something good for lunch.  I'm going to be looking for a quick and easy supper for me at the store.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Lunch was a small cup of broccoli and cheddar soup and a fresh mozzarella sandwich with pesto sauce lettuce and tomato.

Glad you got to see pumpkin, he must be getting so big. When is she due with pumpkin number 2?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, guys, sorry for the absense - I did get behind yesterday after my appointment, shopping, and lunch out.  Then, this morning, my walk friend came over to have tea, and we visited all morning. So, am further behind on the chores, but that's OK.  I'm about to head out with Gracie to walk despite not feeling like I really have time; she's been sleeping most of the day.

tt, praying the best for your friend who collapsed and his partner who cannot manage alone.  That is all very scary.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Quite a few had the same idea - but now my shopping's done.  Didn't come up with anything creative for supper, so since I had substantial soup at lunch, bought some Deutschmaker balogna, scali bread, and relish to have a nice thick sandwich.  Along with a couple of chips and a beer - sounds good to me.

Glad your absence wasn't due to a migraine, Kargiver.  Some days there's just not much to talk about, or not much time to get on the boards.  Speaking of tea, no Irish Breakfast at S&S. Their tea counter was pretty well emptied.  Could have run up to Job Lots and Target,  but that extra zip of energy isn't there this afternoon.

Pumpkin is changing - his blue blue eyes today were more hazel, and his blond hair is darkening.  He jabbers away, but not regular talk, a jibber jabber of talk that all begins with "D", and a few hand gestures (thrown up in the air like "what are you gonna do?") thrown in!  LOL  Had arranged a barn with animals for him to play with - he went right to the hall and began bringing out the cat food cans, one by one for me to pile up.  Same game he has always played here, only in the beginning it was bring a can out and throw it!

ETA:  Just noticed your question about GD's due date - July.  She looks and feels great.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt - I should have checked in, but the day got away from me, and not from anything interesting that's for sure.  ;)

That sandwich, chips, and beer sound delectable right now - a perfect PMS meal, LOL.  (That's another reason for my absence...so bloated and teary.)

Too bad your tea was gone - that's one of my favs, too.

Had our walk despite feeling like crud.  It was good for me nonetheless, and Gracie had a ball.  There's a dirt road I take her leash off to walk, and she enjoys that the most.  I'll be glad when the salt and sand is off the road; I have to wash her feet when we return so her pads don't get cracked from the salt, but she absolutely hates dipping her feet in the bucket.

Will be running the vac in a few minutes and doing a little dusting before putting turkey burgers together for tonight.  Having a glass of wine first.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good to hear from you, Kar. I somehow knew, what the matter was. So glad, I am over those days. But of course, then there are other problems.

Happy for you, tt, that your little pumpkin stopped by. Glad that your GD is still feeling well. July is a beautiful moth to have a new born.

My keybpard and mouse are still not working right even with all new batteries (I have a wireless keyborsd and mouse). So I got frustrated and left the office early. Making panfried filet of sole, with coleslaw and steamed snap peas tonight. DH will have remoulade with it; me just a tad.

Re: Gracies paws. Our dog hated to have her paws washed. It was a battle every time. Then we started to walk her up our driveway with her in the snow piles, that was just pure snow. That "washed off" the salt and the sand completely.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pingo.

After you changed the batteries, did you reboot the computer?  Sounds crazy, but sometimes when you make a change like that it helps the computer recognize what you did.  What a pain.

indeed, we have a long driveway we don't salt or sand, but somehow her feet tend to hang on to the gunk - between her toes, maybe?  And, it's all splashed on her legs and underside, too, and she licks it off if I don't get it.  Oh, well, she has it rough, lol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Yes TT...He does look like Adam...sorry..I didn't even peruse today...I went for a long walk with a dear friend...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, pumpkin sounds more adorable by the day.

icer, how lovely!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  Rainy day here - how 'bout you Kar, any snow?

DH and I were going to go away this weekend, just up to NH, but now I'm not sure with my Mom's surgery on Monday.  We may just push it off until next weekend.

It was nice of your GD to stop by with pumpkin.  What will you call the new lil guy? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

all snow here - we have about an inch and it's still coming down.

why would your mom's surgery on Monday impact a weekend trip to NH? Better to go when being away won't stress you out, regardless, given it's supposed to be fun and relaxing. :)

Have plans to go East tomorrow for lunch with a girlfriend I worked with further east but now works in Framingham, about 30 min closer.  However, depends on the roads/weather.  Haven't seen her since November so I hope it's safe to travel.

will check the radar and see when I should shovel...

careful out there if you head out this way - it's a mess!

Sections
Shortcuts