February 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: February 2013

Lunch sounds like fun, Kar.  Hopefully by tomorrow things should be cleaned up.

DH and I were planning on going away Sat - Mon.  If I have to bring Mom in, it will be early on Mon, so it wouldn't work out.  Trying to figure out the logistics now with my brother.  If I do end up picking her up on Weds, we could still go away this weekend but I'd have to take time off of work anyway (probably only a few hrs) to go get her.  Whatever, it will work out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Out here it's supposed to be somewhat messy tomorrow, too.  We'll see...I'll see where the rain/snow line is.

oh, you were going to be gone through Monday.  What timing!  Hopefully, your bro steps up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Rain, just rain here, thank Heavens.  I have appt. tomorrow and then lunch Friday with the girls I used to work with.  We've had to cancel two other Friday's because of snow.

I suspect your mother might want some hand holding over the week-end before going in Monday, Princess.   She seems to feel more comforted with you around.  If reservatons aren't already made, might be better to pick another week-end.

You know, we were so busy talking about pumpkin, never thought to ask GD if she had made a decision about the new little guy's name.  After reading your post, sent her an email this morning.

Didn't get to the library to pick out any new books yesterday, so will look through what I have here and see if there are any leftovers from ones I've picked up on sale that I haven't read yet.  Good day for that since I was half expecting GD to stop by yesterday and had given the rooms a good once over.

Time for breakfast, but I think I'll take advantage of not having to go out today, and hang around in my robe instead of rushing in to shower and dress right away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Princess, hope your brother can take your mom to the hospital so you can go away for the weekend. 

Kar, will you be doing some shopping when you are East tomorrow? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Down in the Melrose forum a poster is asking for a good Pizza place recommendation in the Melrose/Malden area?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We've joined the folks getting rain.  Maybe I won't have to shovel.

tt, I'll stay in my robe with you. :)

Winter, I might go bra shopping.  Got one in the mail that's fabulous - it fits and stays put!  Seeing as though it's the only one I own that does I need some more pronto.

Robin, if I were that close to Boston, I'd go to my popular favorite, Santarpio's.  But, that might simply be due to the fact I don't know about a potentially great place that would be "right next door."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Not sure about Melrose but Pizza Mia on Franklin Street in Stoneham is fantastic. Not too far from Melrose. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Heavy rain here too. It is drumming hard on the skylight above me. Wish I could join you, tt and Kar, staying in my robe, but I need to go to the office. I couldnt work yesterday, due to my keyboard and mouse problems. Hope DS had a chance to look at it overnight.

The flounder filets I made last night, was amazing. So tender and sweet. Bought them at Costco; glad I have more frozen away. I never see them at the stores, they usual sell filet of sole.

Did you have to shovel, Kar? It is pretty warm out, so maybe it will all melt away and you don't have to. Lunch tmw. sounds good. Hope the rain tmw. will not come in your way.

Winter, I second Pizza Mia in Stoneham, but Saugus is not that far away either and Prince Pizza on Rt. 1 is good too. We have friends coming from Somerville and Winchester to go to Prince. After Santarpio's opened further up on Rt. 1, that has been our pizza place to go to.

Put a batch of Blueberry muffins in the oven, before I sat down here. They must be about to be done. Have a good day, and stay dry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, birthday celebration is in the works - GD asked yesterday if I were planning anything, and then oldest son asked the same, so March 10th we'll have a get together at my house to celebrate the 5 family birthdays that fall during that month.  I'll make lasagna and chicken and rice, and invitation said a prepared dish could be brought if they would like.  How I wish we really did live close enough, Icer, to pick up that delicious sounding cake.  I'll wait and see what offers come in to bring one before I make one myself.

Finished off the last of the frozen brownies.  Had taken them out yesterday, but pumpkin isn't having any nuts as yet because there is an allergy to nuts in their family (uncle).

Didn't pick up any fish yesterday, now reading your post, Pingo, wishing I did.  Have an appt. tomorrow in Peabody, may swing by C&C and see what looks good.

Definitely time to get dressed.  Stay dry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, your fear of "low turnout" was nuts, after all - see?!  Sounds like a fun time in the works for all.  My DH's birthday is the 11th. We'll be over, too.

I think I'll make a chocolate cake with the sprouted flour and see how it goes.  If it's gross we'll toss it, lol, but I think it might be good.  The flour is surprisingly light - like cake flour, actually.

Just watched Beaches, first time to see the whole thing, and now I'm sniffling away.  Got lost in the movie and didn't realize it's still freezing in here - must get more wood on the fire; it's 65.

Pingo, I don't remember the last time I had filet of sole.  Sounds good.  Now, I'm craving fish!  I'll have to settle for frozen fish nuggets, though, for now, that I bought last time at TJ's that I haven't tried yet.  That's what's for lunch.  And, a beer.  I have to eat my new budget of 1890, after all.

Time will tell if I end up having to shovel.  Right now, it's a slushy mess that I would have to were it later and about to freeze.  If it's not all gone by 4:00 I'll take care of it.

More strawberry shortcake tonight - DH is on a kick, lol.  So, another batch of biscuits is on the docket for this afternoon.  They are so quick and easy I don't mind, and I eat my share, too, so can't complain.  This flour is really surprisingly good and easy to use.  Not sure what is for dinner yet, but I'm not going out in this slop for anything special.  I think we have ground turkey I need to use soon...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

There are still those who have to work on Weekends, but at least there is interest from others.  It will be a fun time.  When my boys get going back and forth, it's fun for all.

Made up some tuna salad and had that on top of a regular salad with a glass of T.J's red wine for lunch.  I think a nice piece of chocolate should be following.  No idea what's for supper.

Between Icer and her strawberry cake, and you with your strawberry shortcake, Kargiver, I'm drooling here.

Yeah, Beaches is a great movie.  I caught Out of Africa again Sunday., second time in a couple of months.  Gawd, that music just dissolves me into tears.  So beautiful.

Pouring here and I can hear sirens - either car crash or fire.

P.S.  You and DH are certainly welcome, Kargiver, as is anyone else who can find their way to my front door - it's purple, remember.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt - I'll suggest to "DH the Homebody" that we should "take a little drive" for his birthday to find your open purple door, LOL. He might surprise me - he loves lasagna. ;)

Changed my mind when I grabbed the fish when I saw the last lonely egg roll from TJs.  The poor fish got thrown back.  Was starving and had a rice cake with peanut butter, and there's about 5 minutes left before my egg roll is done.  

Pouring here...looks like I wont' have much to shoevel by the time 4:00 rolls around, after all.

Oh, there's the beep!

ETA:  Out of Africa is a good one - haven't seen in in ages.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, my DH's birthday is the 5th, so we'll be over as well!! Sounds like you will have a nice afternoon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We have the 2nd (oldest son's), 5th (pumpkin's mom), 15th (GS)  18th (mine) 24th, (Lilly's sis), and also the 19th is youngest son's anniversary.  So we'll be glad to add your husband in among the March birthday people.  Icer's anniversary is the 17th, if she and DH would care to join us (and bring that strawberry whipped cream cake!)

Time for Y&R.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Still pouring here.  Just thinking what it would have added up to in snow inches.  Glad that part of it bypassed us.

Have a couple of calls made, with messages left.  Surprised those who don't have to be, are out in this.  I'm hoping it has cleared by mid morning tomorrow.

ETA:  Just got an email from oldest son, he told Lilly he wanted a chocolate cake for his birthday and he wanted her to pick out what decorations and frosting colors they put on it.  He said she turned to her GM and said in a loud whisper, "We'll get him a vanilla cake"  A woman with a mind of her own already!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just got back in from lunch. Had to entertain a client. So, tt, I was one of those that had to be out in "this".  You are right, don't go out unless you must. It is miserable out.

tt, your birthday party sounds like a lot of fun. Such a good idea, and since I am a March baby (a couple of days before) I will invite myself and bring DH. That lasagne and Icer's cake sounds delicious. I am sure we will find the purple door.

My keyboard and my mouse is finally working again. For a wireless keyboard, there is a small gadget, that is attached to the computer, from where the keyboard and the mouse get their commands. Inadvertently I had put a bunch of papers on top of it, and broken the "line" of communication. What a stupid thing to happen giving me such a headache. Oh, well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hey Tt - my BD is tomorrow, Mom's is 3/13 . . can we come too? 

Still not sure about this weekend, as my brother had to call my SIL, etc.  I am such a planner, and he is not, so getting him to make plans farther out than an hour from now can sometimes be difficult, lol.  I find it hard to believe we came from the same parents sometimes. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What a wonderful get together this is turning into!  Yes, of course, come.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

PAR TAY!!!

Our walk was no party - wind, rain, sleet. UGH.  We went 4 miles because Gracie was having a ball, pulling hard on the leash to keep going when we got to the spot we often turn around.  I indulged her, but mostly in hopes of everyone's getting a good night's sleep tonight.  

Pingo, good you figured out your problem before calling in reinforcements.  I have called IT over the smallest, silliest things.

prin, so often that is the case.  Just goes to show how much really is nature over nurture, lol.

DH will be home early so off I go to finish what I want done before then. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Two updates -

1)  Our friend has been diagnosed with exhaustion, and will be kept in the hospital a few more days for rest.  In the meantime, they are trying to find a nursing home for his partner.

2) Pumpkin's mom and dad have picked out a name for his new brother, but are waiting until they see him to be sure it "fits".  Her final remark, "You can be sure it's very Irish".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news "just" exhaustion, a speed bump warning to slow down before a real crash.

And, how exciting to have a tentative name picked out for their miracle baby.  It must seem more real now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

looks like a good crowd we'll have...the 10th..nice day for a party...also...it will be the spring forward day....love that time of year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

It sounds like it is going to be a large gathering. So Icer I think we need two cakes, if you don't mind. The strawberry whipped cream one, we all are dreaming of now, and maybe a chocolate one for Lily's grandpa, since Lily is doing a vanilla.
    I can't believe you walked 4 miles in this weather, Kar. It is pouring cats and dogs around here. Coming home, I got soaked form just getting into the car.
    Good news about GT's friend, tt. Like Kar said, hope he takes this as a warning. He is probably worried sick about his partner as well.
    Funny, I was so sure, I had to renew my license before next week. So I had grabbed a form the other day from AAA, and while filling it out, I had to get my license to get my license number, as I don't use my SS number. And what do I see? It doesn't expire until 2014. So glad, I didn't wait in line at the registry. That could have taken half a day. Oh well - next year.
    It must be my lucky day today. I found my good reading glasses, I thought I had lost more than 6 months ago. They were in a one of those cloth grocery bags, I haven't used for a while. I had folded it and put it nicely on a shelf. I also found a pair of one of our tenant's keys, DH has been looking for since the first snowstorm, when we had the gas leak. He gave up and got a new pair made. They were in the coffee holder in my car. He did take my car that day, since his needed gas, and he didn't feel like pumping gas in the blizzard.
    Roasting butternut squash, shallots and ginger for soup tonight. Yum!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a banner day you had, Pingo!

Yes, it was a struggle to walk today - not pouring cats and dogs but sleeting, mostly, stinging my face most unpleasantly.  But, she's sacked out cold for having gotten the good exercise.  And, I bumped up my budget again tonight as I'm sure I burn close to 2000 a day and I need to quit pussyfooting around.  It's up to 1950...we'll see how it goes.

...just in time to go out to lunch tomorrow. :)  Looks like the weather will cooperate as far as safety goes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

For those of you interested, Chocolat is on Sundance.  Started at 8:00.  Good movie.  I've read the book several times and seen the movie - countless times.  Shutting off computer for the night.

Sections
Shortcuts