February 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2013

Happy Birthday, Princess!  Celebrating with a birthday dinner tonight?  Hope you have a great day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Thank you tt!  Yes, I think DH, MIL and I are going to go out.  We have also decided that we will go away this weekend.  We haven't been away for so long because I was too weak.  Still not super strong, but I think it will be good to go away.  We were going to bring Spencer with us, but MIL wants us to leave him with her, as she likes the company!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Enjoy!  Haven't seen the weather forecast that far ahead, but haven't heard that awful "S" word mentioned either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy birthday, Prin!!  Have a great time tonight.

I really enjoyed Chocolat, tt - missed your heads up, but we went to bed early after DH's long day/drive.

waiting for confirmation re lunch.  And, the electrician is supposed to come sometime before I leave this morning. Wish he'd call so I could shower and get ready.

looks gray, but doesn't feel terribly cold.  If I knew when the electrician were coming maybe I could walk Gracie, but he's prone to just show up without calling first since we vaguely discussed it already so...

speaking of contractors, how is your roof, tt?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm watching - re:  roof.  Many stains now on ceiling, so hard to spot new ones, but I was apprehensive of what I saw them doing to correct the problem Sat.  Spoke to my son about it and he eased my mind a bit as far as the sealing of it.  What I really need is another snow/ice (sorry, folks) storm, since it's the ice that leaks in.  Don't think I'm going to get it this year.  Caught tail end of weather this morning and I think I heard 40's close to 50 today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ugh, tt, roof problems are so elusive and such a pain!  Sorry you are having to deal with this, and yes, it's already above freezing even up here in the Worcester hills so you're not going to get a freeze today.  Maybe it is fixed, though, and you just can't confirm it yet.  I hope so.

Talked to the electrician, and he's not coming today; there was a miscommunication.  So, fabulous, I can take Gracie before I leave, and she'll be super duper comfy in her crate napping while I'm gone.  Our 4 mile walk yesterday totally wore her out, and she slept like a log.  And, as a result, so did I.  When she tosses and turns I wake up and listen for her to have to go to the bathroom.

Leaving at 10 so I can hit a lingerie shop before lunch.  The one bra I have that doesn't eventually end up around my waist is so nice - I got a good deal online on it, and I wish I'd ordered more, but there were no returns so I didn't dare.

Tomorrow is weigh in day in LoseIt (I've self imposed a "first of the month" weigh in), and it looks like a lost a pound this month, net.  So, that translates, roughly, to being 100 calories a day under my actual energy requirements.  So, bumping it up by that much ought to translate to a month of no loss, no gain.  Examining the numbers monthly really crystalizes what's going on so I can narrow in on the target.  We'll see where things stand on April 1st, and hopefully this is no joke. ;)

I better get moving if I want the walk to happen!  Just tipping back the last of my coffee.

Have a great day, everyone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Happy birthday Princess. Glad you are you going away for the weekend, I think it will do you both good. Too cute that your MIL wants Spencer to stay. 

Sorry about about your roof tt, I hope it's fine. Are they coming back to fix the ceiling? We will be having a 6 foot vinyl privacy fence put up sometime early Spring. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all done. 

Have a nice time East Kar. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes.  They've already repainted it once, now I suggested they wait until the end of winter, just to be sure there are no more leaks.

Getting ready to go out for appt.  Was going to tack a couple of errands on afterwards, have a gift for a baby shower coming up, and since I'll be in Peabody, could make a stop at Kappy's for the birthday party.  Haven't quite yet talked myself into making those extra stops tho, hate driving that whole section of 114.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning and Happy Birthday, Princess. I am happy for you, you are going away this weekend after all. I nice little BD celebration. Enjoy your dinner out tonight.
    We have watch Chocolat a number of times. Lovely movie and I love the music. Have it on a CD in my car and play it often. Helps on the mood in a weather like these days.
    I saw you mentioned Beaches, Kar. Such a tear breaker. Also such lyrics in the song; I get teary every time I hear it.
    Sorry you have so much trouble with your roof, tt. But you shouldn't have to wait until you get an ice dam to see if it is indeed tight. They can test it with a pressure washer, aiming at the sore spots. That is done all the time. I don't know, how much warranty they gave you. Normally it is one year. If there is a problem, you will want to have it fixed before that expires.
    Have a nice trip and lunch, Kar. Hope you find, what you are shopping for. It is not raining here right now and the radar looks pretty clear, so you should have no problem driving East.
    Ready to leave for the office, but first a stop at the post office.
    Have a good day all!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Lunch today is last night's leftovers...spaghetti and meatballs. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Peanut butter sandwich with dill pickle slices here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I am sorry but PB and pickles together, YUCK!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The pickles were probably on the side, I have the natural no added salt peanut butter with celery occasionally.

I try to like peanut butter but it's not one of my favorites, same thing with bananas.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Still............ does not sound good to me:)

I do like PB with celery

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good night everyone. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Ice dams don't always occur in the same place either.
    I think they need to do the pressure washer test as someone mentioned.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Out for the afternoon, beautiful day to be out and about.  Last stop was the Dollar Store, picked up quite a few things for the party - green St. Paddy's Day theme - are you surprised?   

How was your day, Kargiver?  Nice lunch?  Hoping tomorrow will be another like today.  Haven't seen the "girls" for a few months now.  Where we're meeting, we can enjoy a drink or two and a nice leisurely lunch with plenty of time to talk.

Talked with G.T. this morning, he spent the better part of the night in the E.R., sciatica with back pain worse than the leg.  When I talked with him he was in bed, having taken meds they gave him, so didn't get a whole lot of info out of him as to what was suggested as follow up treatment.  Says he has to go into work tomorrow - we'll see - he has a long drive, and I can't imagine even if he gets comfortable in the car with its heated seats, that he'll be able to manage when he gets there, and get up out of the car.  I'll call them tonight after supper and maybe learn more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The weird thing about sciatica is that it is more painful when you stay in the same position for an extended period of time.

So, if he could pull over about every 20 minutes and walk around for a minute....just saying...I found this to be helpful.

Also, sometimes it goes away after an acute episode and doesn't come back.

Obviously his dr would be the best person to advise him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

He had it once before years ago, but it was on the opposite side.  I had/have it and I was told when you are getting up out of a chair, always make sure your facing the same angle/direction as your feet.  A slight twist to the left or right as you rise, can throw you into sciatic pain.  Yes, I know it can come and go, willy nilly, just like arthritis.  He felt something going on for a couple of days, but doesn't remember doing anything different or taxing.  As you say, sitting on that long drive to work and then trying to get up, I think, is going to throw him into serious spasms.  Tomorrow morning trying to get out of bed, may make the decision for him, that he's just not able to go in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, everyone,

Oh, yes, I had a LOVELY day, thank you all for asking and thinking of me!  We had a wonderful time, the food was delicious, and I did get to the mall for a bit and bought some Spring evening wear at Soma where I had originally hoped to find bras, but none worked.

Yeah, Pingo, I didn't realize what a tear jerker Beaches was since I'd never seen the end, and now I'll associate the song with it, too, and probably tear up.  Can't believe I never saw it all - it was made in '88.

Poor G.T.!  I hope his sciatica clears up quickly.  Oddly, walking helps me the most, but you don't want to move, ironically.  Seems the slightest thing can set it off.  I have something like that in my neck, and most often the trigger is drying my hair with my towel...crazy!

Nothing big for dinner tonight as DH isn't all that hungry, and given I had a big lunch I'm not, either.  I have leftover lentils and a turkey/farro/vegetable curry from last night, too, if we change our minds.  Oh, and leftover baked potatoes.  Exciting, huh?!  ;)

I took Gracie for a 25 minute walk this morning and an hour and 15 minute walk this afternoon so despite sleeping while I was gone I expect she'll be comfortable tonight.  She loves those walks, and I'm enjoying the Spring-in-the-air times, too.  Oh, and to have it LIGHT at 5:00 is fabulous.

Have a great night, everyone.  Prin, enjoy your bd dinner.

~kar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So sorry to hear about GT's sciatica. It is such an awful pain, and I know, you know it too, tt. I found relief, not completely relief but relief, trying to bend down touching my toes for whatever time it would take. And I will do it right in the grocery isle, if the pain got stronger than me. Most of the times it works, so I can get back into my car.
    tt, please tell dear GT, that Pingo send her best wishes for him to improve quickly. We need him here, when all the Spring questions come up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Pingo.  I'll be calling them in a half hour or so and I will tell him about your post.  Very thoughtful of you.  I found standing in the shower if I raised my arms and stretched as high as I could, with the hot water on my back, sometimes that let it release too.  Also, sitting down in a straight kitchen chair, and then standing straight up.  Such a complicated pain.

As for going into work tomorrow - these guys that think they're indispensable!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I forgot .....Happy Birthday Princess

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

It all depends, which nerve is involved, tt. One just have to find the best position, for whatever moment.

You are not going to believe this, but a batch (probably number 1001 or so) of banana muffins, I just made, was a bust. They may be edible, but they don't look good. Couldn't understand why. I can make these in the dark. Or so I thought.

When I emptied my DW, I found the cup measure on the top shelf. OMG, I had used the 1/2 cup measure for the flour. So instead of 1-1/2 cup, I had only 3/4 cup flour in the batter. I baked them longer than I usually do, to dry them up a bit. Hope they don't fall apart completely. I just hate to waste all the good ingredients.

Oh, well. Time for me to go to bed. Dh has his tennis tonight, I have food for him in the micro, but I am just too tired to wait up for him tonight.

Nighty night!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no, Pingo!  1/2 the flour?!  I've done such things; I think we all have, but that's always a disappointment.  :(