February 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Re: February 2013

Happy Valentines everyone......No luck finding a new lamp......went to a number of stores and no luck, no one seems to know what a pin-up over the table lamp is.....tried to tell the young fella in Lowes what I meant, asked him if her remembered the lamp his Mom had over the table in the kitchen, told him to scratch that, he was too young, maybe his grandmother had one....did find one store right near home where the old guy was making some, seems others had been looking, he had one on the wall for (R U ready?) $39.99, but for me, $35.00,  just the lamp, no shade, etc....told him I might be back, no way.....took the thing apart, twistd the wires and secured them where they had been, works fine, went to the CTS and bought a new lampshade for $2.99....looks real good....No meatloaf here, DH wants Cheeseburgers, DD and I will find something else....Maybe Grilled cheese and Toato soup.  Take care all, ss 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The news was on in our lunch room here, they said 4-8 inches of snow, possibly more. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

If we kept our house at 64/65 degrees I would freeze. The bedroom we keep cooler for sleeping at night but the rest of the house easy 68 but once pellet stove/heat or wood stove is on it heats nicely to 70-78.  Of course during day or when we are not home we turn the heat down so we are not wasting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We just use blankets while we are watching tv. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Even with the warm temps I still have a blanket on me and sometimes several layers:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

There's something comforting about being wrapped up in a blanket - not just the physical  warmth, but a psychological warmth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading home soon. Hope everyone has a good night. I may pop on, but it would be 8:30 or so. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SS, glad you were able to acheive the look you wanted for a lot less $$ for your Yankee ingenuity. :)

tt, DH uses his fleece throw for that psychological benefit - he's not cold; he uses it year round.  

We keep the house at 68, and if I weren't active it would feel cold to me.  70 is my preferred couch time temp.  We sleep cold - I remedy this by "octopussing" DH half to death, lol.

Had a lovely walk and tea and chat with my dear friend. She is the one who has lost 60 lbs since May by counting calories in livestrong.com.  We swap calorie stories along with every other topic that crosses our minds.

DH called 20 minutes ago just as he and SIL were about to board.  All is well.

I'm impatiently waiting for it to be a reasonable time to place my dinner order.

eta: have a great night, winter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar...call no....Oh how I'd love Chinese Food.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Call no?  

I wish I could share with you!

ETA: figured it out - call NOW, LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Call now I am sure she meant:)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry I meant call now. :) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I figured it out as soon as I hit post, but it was too late - you guys are quick!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ok, packing up here. Time to go home. So nice it isn't dark any longer, when we leave from work. Just hate those darkwinter nights. Is everyone off this coming Monday? Our office is, but of course DH and I will work. With all this moving around and displacement, I have a lot of catching up to do. My office looks nice and fresh. Now I just have to get everything back in order.
    Have a good evening; see you at home.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

When I worked in defense we didn't have any days off between Jan 1 and Memorial Day.  Absooutely, the longer days are very welcome, indeed.

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!  I did call right then, and I'm chowing down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What did you order, Kar? When we do Chinese, we order soup and two dishes. Fried rice or noodles and then one more, spicy dish that varies depending on our mood. We always have left overs for yet another meal for the two of us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds good, Pingo.  Soup is a low cal filling appetizer.  I didn't get it, though, lol.  I got egg rolls, kung pau chicken, and mu shu pork.  I had one egg roll, 2 Tbl duck sauce, 1/2 cup of mu shu pork, 1 Tbl hoisin sauce, 1/2 cup of kung pau chicken, and a fortune cookie.  Added up to 775 according to P.F. Chang's nutrition facts (not where I went) and other online sources.

So, I expect to have a 775 dinner every night for a few days. With a budget of 1850 that's doable. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Only 16 more hours 'til my next Chinese meal.  I'm not obsessed, am I?!  

Anyway, just made plans to visit the trips' mom and kiddos tomorrow.  They are having company this weekend so I figured she could use some help preparing.  And, we have a blast together, anyway, no matter what.  Spoke to the 3 yo on the phone today; I am finally able to understand most of what she says without visual cues to help me out.  I'm not around toddlers enough to undeerstand much toddlerese.

Speaking of communicative, Gracie is making it quite known that Daddy is long overdue.  She's going to the foyer window and crying then giving up (temporarily) and sighing loudly as she plunks down in front of the barely warm stove.  She'll be up at the window, again, before long.  When he is away I'm reminded of just how much a second fiddle Mommy is. :(

He's supposed to land before 7:30.  Looking forward to the arrival call...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

So cute about Gracie pacing and looking for Dad.  I think you've got a long few days ahead of you, Kargiver.  lol

Did I hear the 50's today?  Definitely a day to be out and about.  You picked a good day to visit with trips and their mom.  I'll be out poking. Don't intend to waste the sun and warm temps by sitting in the house.

How was your valentine sub last night, Winter?  I had heart shaped pans and used to bake a layer heart cake on valentine's day - seemed as tho we all ate more cakes then.  Now it's more the type of desserts that can be picked up with the fingers and eaten on the run.

Pretty creative with that wall lamp, SS.  

Hope you all have a good day and a nice long week-end if we don't chat again.  I'll check the boards later.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Pingo, I'm ogg on Monday, my son has to go to the orthodontist for his first check. Kar, you are making me want Chinese Food now. tt, the meatball subs were a hit. I gave DS a card and a 3 Musketeer bar while we eat, he was very plesaed. Let's hope the snow melts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    The meat loaf heart was a big hit. I had covered it w/ sourcream, and written a personal note w/ ketchup. Come to think of it now that you mention them, tt, I used to have one of those heart shaped pans too, but forgot all about it last night. Don't even know, where is hides. I just patted it down in a heart shape.
    Yankee ingenuity, ss. Nice you could fix your lamp, w/o spending a fortune. We used to have a lamp like that. It came w/ our first house. Haven't seen one for decades in the stores. Maybe one can find it in an antique shop, but that will be $$$.
    Nice day to go luncheon and shopping. Supposed to be warm. Have a fun trip to the trips family, Kar. You are not the only one, who cannot understand todlerese. I love the little ones, we have in the family, but I am not happy, when mom or dad put them on the phone. Can't understand a single word of what they are saying, so I just do a lot of huh, huh, huhs.
    Going to PT this morning, then off to the office. Have leftover meatloaf for tonight, so dinner is taken care of. Just have to do some veggies to go with it.
    So, what's with the snow this weekend? The Globe says "a little snow". Hope that holds true.
    Enjoy the warm day!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, we do, lol.  Upon getting up this morning she headed right for the bedroom instead of the back door to look for him.  She turned around dejectedly when I said he wasn't there and proceeded with the morning routine.

Big cakes do seems to be falling out of favor these days taking a back seat to cupcakes and such. Suddenly I have a craving for a whoopie pie...

50s?  Yay!  I'm heading up to the trips' house this afternoon to visit and help her get ready for weekend guests.  I'll be taking Gracie for a long walk beforehand so I'm glad to hear about the temps.

Resisted the urge to eat Chinese food for breakfast and had an apple with peanut butter and coffee.  Speaking of which, I need to refresh my cup.  

Whoops, phone rang (Mom), and I didn't post...I suppose there will be ones I missed when I do!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yup, I was right!

Winter, get Chinese, we'll have it together tonight. :)  

Pingo, glad the meatloaf heart was a hit.  I made one in my heart baker last year that was, as well.  I should use that again upon DH's return.  I had a hard enough time for the year understanding their DD in person let alone on the phone.  Frankly, I find it thoughtless that mothers do that to people, forcing them to deal with a toddler on the phone who expects you to respond appropriately to what they are telling you and all you can say is uh-huh and hope the phone gets passed back or hung up.  I can understand her fairly well, now, and I know for sure she knows who I am on the phone, too.  It was even worse when I was quite confident she had no idea who she was babbling to.

I didn't overload the stove today, thankfully. Gave it half a stove full, and it's 66.  Will pull the catalytic converter so it burns really slowly and climbs to 68.  'Course, I won't be here to enjoy my better job today, but Gracie will.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"The meat loaf heart was a big hit. I had covered it w/ sourcream, and written a personal note w/ ketchup."

Pingo, you're a romantic at heart!  

Slowed down a bit with a couple of phone calls this morning.  Nanny friend was one inviting me to tag along with her to a 2 hour thing tonight.  I'll go, I know she likes to have company to go with.

I hear a regular plane going over (as opposed to a jet) and it always makes me think of my bedroom as a kid - we lived under the flight path to Logan and there were regular times when the planes would come in for landing or be flying out.  I'd daydream, thinking of being "all grown up" and in one of those planes going to some exciting place.  Right now, I'm getting my act in gear to head out for some poking.  Chat later.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I always imagined being on the planes overhead, too, going who knows where, wondering where they were going.  Have a great time out there poking!  Hope you find some fun deals.

Sections
Shortcuts