February 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2014

Kargiver, you haven't been on today.  At first I thought you were just busy around the house, but now wondering if you've had trouble getting in again.  Not like you not to jump in at least once during the day.  Hope it's BDC and not a migraine or something else keeping you mum.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Catching up now after a busy weekend...

pingo, I love Carters pajamas for my kids. They are great quality and last a long time. For a newborn i would stay away from outfits that are too complicated to put on/off. I kept both my kids in one piece clothes that snapped on the bottom and/or pajamas for the first few months. You should also avoid buying newborn sized clothes as the baby will be growing out of those fast. Other quality kids clothing stores are baby gap, old navy and children's place. Of those, I like old navy. Mid range price wise, good quality and cute selections. Have fun!

TT your pumpkin is precious. My DDs would like to play with him. 

we took the girls sledding today which was a lot of fun.  Both kids are daredevils.  My DH was a daredevil too. I mostly cringed and retrieved sleds. we came home and took a family nap (all at the same time, kids in their own beds). It was great. nice to have a family day without errands, birthday parties, etc to do.  So rare. 

Off to relax and watch Olympics for a little bit before bed. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

SS the Carter's factory was in Needham...they had a store too.  Don't know who owne them now...There were a couple of Decelle's stores that also I think were owned by Carter's originally.  Lexington, West Roxbury - maybe one in Framingham? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Sorry for the concern - yes, I couldn't get in and gave up since was busy, anyway, trying to catch up on the mountain of moulding to dust. Not only have I not been able to do it, but the wood stove throws black ash (not a ton, just enough to show as little black specs on the cream painted woodwork).

Haven't caught up but adore the pic of Pumpkin and his Dino breakfast. :)

Off to the Monday morning races; I hope my car will start for my appt...

More later - seems bdc is letting me in for now!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad to see your post this morning, Kargiver, and know it was just BDC up to their old tricks.

Rama, I'm sure pumpkin would love a play date with your girls.  His Mom tells me she takes him to a couple of story hours and he's enamored with a quiet little girl at one, brings her books and toys and lays them at her feet!  Too cute.  They are both 2.

Today is wreath day, so hope all goes well.  Am making up a batch of dough for cookies in case we have time after - tho I'm hoping also she'll get that red/pink paper bowl at least coiled and in shape to mod podge.

A high of 30 here today, I heard on TV, but windy.  No sign of that yet.  May try to run out a bit this morning and breath in some fresh air.  Your day's outing sledding sounds like fun.

8:00 and I'm showered and dressed already.  That's a good start on the day for me. Check in later.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, pumpkin is gorgeous and those beautiful eyes. :) Looks like he's enjoying the dino cookie. Pingo, Carters is great, though I'll say that I dressed DS up in actual clothes from the beginning, as I thought it was fun. Though I'll second Old Navy and Gap, though my experience is that the Gap clothes last longer, even now at 13, DS' pants from the Gap last longer than Old Navy, but that won't matter much for a newborn.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I find that TJ Maxx and Marshall's have great clothes for babies...and for little girls they get some beautiful dresses!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, hope your guest arrived safely.  I imagine today you're busy showing her around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Attention: meat eaters  http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/08/us/beef-product-recall/index.html

"Recall of nearly 9 million pounds of meat not fully inspected"

"The government agency noted there are no reported illnesses tied to these products, which went to distribution centers and retail establishments in California, Florida, Illinois and Texas"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ran out to the Paper Store for valentines - OMG, was in there practically an hour.  Still h ave to buy candy and make up bags for kids and get stuff for pumpkin's and bro's cards.  Was running out of time - tomorrow's another day.

Hats, did you tell us about the "tea"?  I can's google back to see if I missed it.

Kargiver, I had to boot completely out of Chrome and come back in to be able to post here.  Got that "br" in the box, funny spaced type, and when I hit post, it disappeared.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I did not tell you about the tea, but it was lovely - a book club event.  Lots of talk, lots of delicious sweets, lots of tea, some cucumber and banana bread sandwiches, one salad, thank heaven, because that was the only 'real' and 'healthy' food I've had in the past two days.  Craving protein!  Don't think I've had any except dairy in more than 48 hours. 

Anxiously waiting for photos from your afterschool visit from GD, TT.

I used to love drawstring nightgowns for babies - all these snaps the clothes have now drive me nuts.  Of course it's because of the car seats that babies now wear clothing that are essentially pants.  Time marches on, but when they are home all the time, as Rama said, and being changed and fed frequently, the easier the better!  Especially if you get a spitter-upper....

Pingo, hope your British guest is fun and I know she will enjoy her welcome from you...keep us up to date on your TX plans.  How is baby doing now?  Still warm and eating well? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hope you are having fun with your GD tt. Hope you can post pictures of the creations that were made today. Did you see DA last night?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope you are having fun with your GD tt. Hope you can post pictures of the creations that were made today. Did you see DA last night?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me to put watching Downton tomorrow night on my calendar, Winter.  Have a good evening. 

I have prevailed on DH to meet me for a big burger tonight!

BTW the 6th season of Doc Martin and the 3rd season of Call the Midwife will be on PBS soon!  Am I looking forward to the Doc - you bet!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I don't know either of those shows. My TV calendar is pretty full as it is. Have a good night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Her father just came and picked her up.  We got a lot done.  Made the wreaths:

Hers is the one with the bow.  Mine definitely needs one.

Made the paper bowl, which again turned out like a flower pot, but she said it's just right to keep on her desk to keep her school tokens in, and made a batch of sugar heart cookies.  A good afternoon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

oooh so cute!  pinning.....now where's the paper bowl? and the cookies?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cookies are cookies -

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Nothing like a nice heart with sprinkles.  I sure don't take the time...and the bowl is very unusual.  What a great afternoon for both of you!   Now - pink or red bow?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, I'm definitely a red bow person.

ETA:  My favorite part of these bowls is looking down inside - that's the prettiest, I think.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. tt, the wreaths and bowl are beautiful. Nice job the two of you did. The cookies look fantastic, I'd like one please. Are you going to make the peanut blossoms as part of your Valentine's baking? tt, did you watch DA?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

DA is repeated tonight on Channel 44 so I have it on my calendar.

I agree, TT, that the inside of the bowl is the most interesting.  Have you ever thought of painting the outside, or maybe decoupaging it with some of the hearts left over from the wreath project or some other motif? 

More snow on Thursday.  I am ready for winter to end, you hear me weather gods?  OTOH, the days are definitely longer.  I woke at 6:15 and it was getting light - remember when it wasn't light until 7?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

There are 37 days until Spring. I just keep saying that to myself...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

I myself would never consider painting the bowls, nor decorating them with embellishments - to me the beauty is in the myriad of colors of the folded magazine pages.  I think GD feels the same way - with the first one we did for her mother for Christmas, the one that looked like a saucer, her father suggested painting it pink -  - we both simultaneously looked at him!

In regard to the wreaths, I'm realizing now that I never put out those wallpaper pieces I so carefully chose.  Showed her the craft box, even opened the drawer, but never said, "Oh, I found these if you'd like to cut some hearts out of these and use them.  I had set up a TV table to stuff to use:

As much as I would like the peanut butter blossoms, Winter, I realize noone in my family around here eats peanuts or peanut butter.  I would gobble them up.  that would not be a good thing.

I did not make it up to watch DA Sunday, so I'll be joining you tonight on WGBH, Hats.

Things to do this morning, including getting the Valentine candy and card embellishments so I can get all the cards in the mail.

12 degrees?  Well, I'll hot foot it in and out of the car to the stores.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Finally I can post again. Too bad no one eats peanut butter cookies. Is your local son allergic? They are addictive though so wise choice if you are afraid of eating them. I'll have to drop some off to you next time I make them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

His son is the one who has an allergic reaction to anything with peanuts in it.  Would love some, I love the combination of chocolate and peanut.

Sections
Shortcuts