February 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: February 2014

It was so tough going that I was hot...had to unzip my parka, pull down my scarf, and flip back the mitten flaps.  Gracie would choose the fire over a walk, for sure, but then she doesn't sleep well and keeps us awake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, when do you expect DH?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Greetings everyone. I left work at 2:20 picked up DS and got home at 4:09. Roads were slow going in the city and 93 was a parking lot. Got home as DH had just arrived and I started shoveling with him. I had DS go inside to start on his homework. Nice to see everyone is safe and sound.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How long does it usually take you?  Good to know you're home...with all the cars off or blocking the roads at 2:30 it had to have been bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I work 9.5 miles from home. Usually it takes me 30 -40 minutes to get home. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good to hear you made it home safely, Winter. So did DH. You were both out in the worst of it. Plow guy had not plowed the office parking lot yet, so he had to shovel part of it so he could get the car off the street. Then getting home on 128 was like driving on a ice rink. Fortunately it is only a few miles. He is a good driver and he has AW drive. That helps. But it is usually the other drivers, one needs to watch out for. I was glad to hear the garage door open.

Wonder how princess is doing. Haven't heard from her for a while. Hope she is not hospitalized again. I am anxious to hear about Peter. They told me up there, he should be back soon. And BG, what happened to her? She was here, then gone. Hope all is well there too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, Winter, what a long 10 miles today!

Pingo, thank God DH didn't get hit from behind, again...omgosh, that's the last thing he needs as he is probably still recovering from whiplash.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have AWD as well and I found the roads ok Ice/slippery wise. What I didn't like was while on 16 snow/ice was falling on to the car and it would startle us as we were not expecting it at first.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello All - Pingo, so nice of you to think of me.  I am feeling BETTER!!!  I don't want to jinx myself but things have been going really well!  I have gained a little bit of weight.  My Dr. still wants me to gain at least 10 more lbs (argh), but I'll take one day at a time.

Peter is doing okay.  I am not sure when he will be back.  He and his wife were supposed to come over for a visit but he really wasn't feeling up to it.  He is in our area often for Drs. appts. and will come by when he is up to it.  MIL did pass on how you guys are asking about him!

I finally caught up on the posts.  You are all so busy with your beautiful crafts.  TT - I caught the pic of Pumpkin.  His eyes are just AMAZING!

Nothing else really going on here.  DH and I just to cards for Valentine's day.  I hate going out to eat because of the crowds and I think the food is all pre-cooked and stale in most restaurants, lol.

Have a great day everyone!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

What an icey landscape to get up to.  Heard temps will get into 40's today, so that's when I'll make my move and at least get the stairs cleared, so all my valentines can pour in today!  haha

Princess, good to hear from you, and also to get some new about how Peter is doing. Such a pleasant guy.  Tell him  he's got to hurry and get well enough to get back to Costco, he's the main reason I go there.  Hope the store realizes what an ambassador they have in him.

My Fla friend who had her knee replacement Wednesday, called me from the hospital last night.  They have had her up walking with the help of a walker, and sitting in a chair eating her meals.  Plans are for her to be transferred to a rehab Saturday.  

Time to get breakfast and get around.  Hope anyone who has to drive into work will have a safe commute.  Kargiver, how did you make out where you are?  Snow?  Ice?  Thinking of G.T. driving in from where he is.

I'll check in later.  Stay warm and safe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, and happy Valentine's Day!!

Winter, that sound of something like that hitting the windshield makes me literally scream and jump a mile.  I know you have AWD, but hoping the car behind you does is the real concern for me.  I'm obviously super worried about my neck these days!

Princess, YAY!!!  Do you know what is causing the turn around so you can keep doing it??  I hope it isn't just random (although, obviously, any improvement is great) and now you have the key to get where you need to be and stay. So thankful.  I thought of you yesterday when I baked our beans in a non-enameled cast iron pot, a nice source of iron.

tt, we have a ton of snow, BUT at 11 last night the room lit up super bright and I thought the iPad had had a major problem, lol, but then the loud rumble of thunder and what sounded like huge hail gave away it was lightening.  What a storm!!!  DH slept through it all thanks to the cold medicine, but I could hear Gracie tossing restlessly in her crate.  So, looking out now you'd never guess there's a layer of something other than snow, but I didn't dream it...I had actually just gone to bed when it happened.

Sounds like your FL made out well.  How is her pain?  Hoping rehab goes smoothly and she's ready to do the other knee soon.

best wishes to everyone driving today...those snowbanks on corners are bad...at least they are in Worcester.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A path for Gracie...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. It looks like they left everyone go here at 3 yesterday and then announced a 10 am opening. Well I didn't think to check the phone line and my boss didn't text me so here I am all alone in the office. There is someone upstairs, but it's a little creepy. Sadly, my son had school and he's right down the street, but I could have gone to my mom's house....sigh. Nice to hear from you Princess and glad you are doing better. tt, be careful when you tacke the stairs there is a little sheet of ice over the snow (at least there was where I am).

Maybe I'll do some homework since I'm all alone.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ugh, Winter, that has happened to me, too - frustrating to have hurried in for nothing in this mess.  Well, you have a couple of hours uninterrupted, anyway.

My photo is switching back and forth, again, but what I posted was DH using the snowblower to clear a path for Gracie.  Maybe if you refresh a few times you'll see it...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, what a bummer!  That happened to G.T. once this year too.  The boss had cancelled early in the day, and he, the farthest away, didn't get the message and drove in.  He was not a happy camper.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Another great picture, Kargiver!  A picture puzzle for me that would be a challenge.  The first pieces I would do after the edges would be your DH on the plow, then the two buildings,  then I'd be cursing with all the alike pieces that would be left!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, tt, yeah, too many snow pieces all the same!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

A path for Gracie...

I get the old french doors pic and it won't even let me refresh, so I tried this to see if the reply would grab the right pic....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I see two of the correct photos, hats.  But, I think it's a matter of refreshing until it posts correctly.  ???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning and HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY!

Glad to hear from you princess, that all is well and even better. Like Kargiver said, now you know, what to do to gain weight, so keep it up. Sounds like you and your doc finally found the right formula. Glad Peter is doing better too. Hope to see him soon.

Too bad, Winter, no one thought of letting you know, there was a late start this morning. With e-mails these days, there is no excuse. How did it go with Bunker Hill? I haven't seen you mention it here. Or maybe I missed it.

That little Gracie is well taken care off. I remember those days, where our dog wouldn't go, because of the snow. We didn't have a a tractor to clean a paths, so it was mom here with the good old shovel. I miss my dog, but I don't miss that.

Our little British friend reached home alright. She was so lucky to get out, when she did. Great Britain has terrible weather. They have so much heavy rain, they don't know, what to do with it. Floodings everywhere. Spoke withe UKS earlier. It has been raining nonstop for several days in BH, and the River Thames has breached its banks in London. His friend is in Edinburgh, and all is well there.

Getting ready to go to the office. Haven't been there in days, so it will be a busy weekend. Especially as we will be leaving (let's hope) Thursday. DH asked me this morning, where I would want to go for dinner tonight. I told him, "Right here!" Don't want to go anywhere tonight. It is one of the worst days to go out for dinner IMO. Crowded and rushed. Will cook a nice dinner, share a bottle of wine, will try to find an old romantic movie and snuggle in front of the TV.

Have a good day everyone.

ETA. tt, be careful on those stairs. DH just called and told me there are lots of ice patches everywhere.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

DH confirmed evidence of the Armageddon I heard last night with the thunder and lightening - 2 inches of hailstones under the snow.

Indeed, Gracie is spoiled, but she will absolutely not use the restroom on a path, shoveled or snow blown.  She instinctively knows it's where we walk so she will hold it until she has no choice and then she trudges off the path with snow up to her ears and struggles to do her thing.  She's done that since she was a puppy.  I shoveled for her, and wherever I had done so she avoided.  She won't go on the road, either, so when the ditches are filled with plowed snow, she's SOL, pun intended.  I've walked her as far as 7 miles after a big storm before, and she literally held it the whole time.

Like you, Pingo, we'll be staying in tonight due to the crowds, but we are planning to celebrate out to dinner on Sunday night.  I'm particularly eager since I still haven't really gotten over being stuck here for such a long stretch, and the last time we were there I really wasn't doing well.

Next week will be in the 40s (or so they predict) so I'm sure you'll be able to fly out Thursday.  Good your friend got home.  I've heard about their weather...sounds depressing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

He gave his Bunker Hill presentation with power point slides in full costume yesterday. he didn't say much about it, as typically of a teenager! I suspect grades will be given out after vacation. I'm surprised no one texted me either, my boss thought I was still here, think he forgot I left at 2:30.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Argh more snow tomorrow and Tuesday now, tired of all this snow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

I see two of the correct photos, hats.  But, I think it's a matter of refreshing until it posts correctly.  ???

I could not refresh, that is, when I hit the refresh button it would not execute.  But as you see, I deleted it so...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Happy Valentines Day!! Hope everyone has a sweet day full of love. 

We are doing well. My DDs are enjoying a lazy day at home and I've been productive - two loads of laundry done and folded and dinner prepared and in the crock pot. Nice to have a lazy day at home. Busy weekend. We have two birthday parties for kids in DDs class tmrw. Found a deal on craft kits at Michaels - each for $5 when they normally sell for $12-15 so that saves money. These birthday parties add up!

Winter I'm sick of this snow too! I heard 50 degrees next week

Sections
Shortcuts